Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Make Railjack Personal (An Idea Inspired by Last Dev Stream Q&A)

Raxgore-

Last Dev stream in the Q&A session there was a question that caught my attention. A fellow tenno asked about a potential housing system in Warframe. One of the devs responded by saying that we have the orbiter as personal space but I can't help but think that orbiter is a little too clumped. I belive the Tenno asking the question was also ooking for a space bigger than a room with a few shelves. 

Thankfully, every Tenno has something bigger than their orbiter. The ship that's directly above their orbiter in fact. The Railjack (Heck, even Cy himself says that railjack is crew's Home). With open space orders of magnitute larger than Orbiter it would be a breath of fresh air in terms of furniture based customization in Warframe.

Some options have to be included though, for example having the option not to bring funriture into combat so that your Genitalia Orb Valis icon shaped granum coin collection is not shared with Uncultured Swines your fellow crewmates.

I believe changes like this might eventually lead to having an option to chose between orbiter and railjack as the main hub (which I'd personally really like since I already prefer bare railjack to clumped orbiter.) So what do you think tenno? I'd say giving railjack some personality would help everyıne forget the traumatizing time that was the railjack launch

P.S. I know some Tenno still can't get over Railjack's buggy past and afraid to give it a try. My advice: grab crewmates from ticker and go solo, you'll be pleasantly surprised buy the fun you'll have :)

9 minutes ago, turuncusakal123 said:

P.S. I know some Tenno still can't get over Railjack's buggy past and afraid to give it a try. My advice: grab crewmates from ticker and go solo, you'll be pleasantly surprised buy the fun you'll have :)

Some people are like "get a crew it will be easy".

And I'm here, thinking how could I hack the game so I can get 1st rank intrinsic required to get 1 Crew. All of this without DE banning me till 99 876 year.

ps. obviously... it was joke

I used to put a lot of weapons in one of house in Balmora in the game Morrowind. I guess if you could do it then I would be happy... for some time.

Orbiter would still have to be the home due to spoiler mode reasons. You wouldnt place your spoiler mode in the active battle vessel where the benefit of having spoiler mode would be rendered obsolote and your spoiler mode eventually would end up getting killed/destroyed permanently if the RJ gets blown up.

To be honest with you I rather get rid of the whole "Orbiter" concept and scrap it. We don't need 5 places to keep going back and forward to, This is why D2 is so much stronger and better with it's "Home" system.

Delete the Orbiter and place the necessary consoles into the RJ and add a new room to the RJ, that can act like the small room we have. When in flight the Deco stuff gets "Removed" so it prevents issues or put the Orbiter into the Dojo.

13 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

To be honest with you I rather get rid of the whole "Orbiter" concept and scrap it. We don't need 5 places to keep going back and forward to, This is why D2 is so much stronger and better with it's "Home" system.

Delete the Orbiter and place the necessary consoles into the RJ and add a new room to the RJ, that can act like the small room we have. When in flight the Deco stuff gets "Removed" so it prevents issues or put the Orbiter into the Dojo.

That's actually what I would prefer too. I feel like orbiter is a relic of the past and we should move on to the railjack alltogather

29 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

One of the issues is that Railjack content is much more complex due to having multiple playstyles, so having the Railjack be an unlock makes sense - you get used to On-foot and Archwing individually, and then you level up to unlock Railjack which blends them together. But you need somewhere to go in between.

Perhaps reversing this whole thing and being able to tangibly walk into the Railjack from the back of the orbiter (from a visibly locked door) instead of a fade-to-black?

Either that, or just have the opportunity to 'choose' what your home base is from a menu. Dojo, Orbiter or Railjack. Orbiter is the Default that you use for quests (since most of the quests already use the Orbiter for cinematics), but outside of that, each one only differs aesthetically. Kind of like Monster Hunter 4 or Generations where, at least for the singleplayer, the different villages were more-or-less interchangeable and had the same services, so it just came down to where you felt the most comfortable.

Archived