Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update Notes have another home!

[DE]Rebecca

Tenno, as we continue to update our web presence, we are adding a new category to our main site: Update Notes! 

For 8 years our Update Notes have existed exclusively on our forums, which require a certain familiarity with online communities to navigate. Today we are launching a new page on our website in the hopes of making it easier for you to find all of the changes and patches we add to the game.

You can now find all of our patch notes at http://www.warframe.com/updates. We made this decision for several reasons:

1. Our forums use a third-party host, which has the small risk of potentially losing all of our notes forever so by also hosting them on our website we could ensure the permanency of our years of hard work

1. It streamlines access to other news, announcements and account changes by placing you directly on the Warframe website.

Does this mean the forums are going away?

No! In fact, we aren’t even replacing our forum Patch Notes section. You can still use the forums to discuss updates, changes that you would like to see or to engage with fellow Tenno. In fact, at the end of every patch note, you will find a handy link to allow you to discuss it in the forums.

We hope you enjoy this change and as always invite you to share any feedback with us.

1 minute ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Our forums use a third-party host, which has the small risk of potentially losing all of our notes forever so by also hosting them on our website we could ensure the permanency of our years of hard work

That's a great foresight!

I always knew the forum software wasn't made by DE, but I didn't know the forum itself was on someone elses server.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  1. Our forums use a third-party host, which has the small risk of potentially losing all of our notes forever so by also hosting them on our website we could ensure the permanency of our years of hard work

Me thinks the Wiki needs a new home too then. :)

This is a fantastic change. I'm part of a sub-community that helps new and returning users get reacquainted with the game. Having a resource like this that we can point people to will make it so easy for returning users to pick up where they left off, an reintegrate with the game much faster.

1 minute ago, SephirothWS said:

Yet its touted as the Official wiki by DE.

That… doesn't change anything?

DE promotes it because it's a valuable tool that does a lot of the work that DE should really be doing themselves (providing information to the player). It's large, popular, and reasonably comprehensive. But DE doesn't write it (officially*), doesn't host it, doesn't control it, and doesn't own it. It's entirely separate from DE. If DE and Warframe shut down, the wiki would still keep going (maybe?) and vice versa.

*I believe some DE staff members, like DE_Glen, edit the wiki to make sure it's accurate, but it's not in an official capacity as an employee of DE.

Archived