Update Notes have another home!

1 minute ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Our forums use a third-party host, which has the small risk of potentially losing all of our notes forever so by also hosting them on our website we could ensure the permanency of our years of hard work

That's a great foresight!

I always knew the forum software wasn't made by DE, but I didn't know the forum itself was on someone elses server.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  1. Our forums use a third-party host, which has the small risk of potentially losing all of our notes forever so by also hosting them on our website we could ensure the permanency of our years of hard work

Me thinks the Wiki needs a new home too then. :)

• Like 11

Well right now i can tell it looks amazing ... and that it makes me feel old. But mainly its amazing ^.^ 

given time its seems backward thougth 

new stuff that way <- and old stuff that way -> ?   

Edited by trunks013

This is a fantastic change. I'm part of a sub-community that helps new and returning users get reacquainted with the game. Having a resource like this that we can point people to will make it so easy for returning users to pick up where they left off, an reintegrate with the game much faster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xXkrentonXx said:

which will you post in warframes news link, in game? to the forum or the main page?

I bet it will be the main page, makes more sense.

1 minute ago, SephirothWS said:

Yet its touted as the Official wiki by DE.

That… doesn't change anything?

DE promotes it because it's a valuable tool that does a lot of the work that DE should really be doing themselves (providing information to the player). It's large, popular, and reasonably comprehensive. But DE doesn't write it (officially*), doesn't host it, doesn't control it, and doesn't own it. It's entirely separate from DE. If DE and Warframe shut down, the wiki would still keep going (maybe?) and vice versa.

*I believe some DE staff members, like DE_Glen, edit the wiki to make sure it's accurate, but it's not in an official capacity as an employee of DE.

• Like 6