Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobile App UI UX Enhancement & Feature Suggestions

basvard

To Warframe mobile app developers.

I have several suggestions on the mobile app to streamline the UI, most which should not be difficult, given the nature of similar data that are currently retrieved and displayed in-game, and ideas to declutter the organization for an ever expanding game. I'm arranging note them as "must have" to "nice to have" enhancements/features.

(Must have) More Daily Activities & Alerts

Under activities, more information could sync up with what are also seen in the star chart navigation screen, which includes but are not limited to the following:

• Steel Path nodes (for players who have cleared the star chart), which doesn't include the Steel Path. For open world. Just the regular daily 5.
  • Arbitrations (for players who have cleared the star chart).
  • Nightmare Missions (for planet player has cleared)
  • Requiem Missions
  • Razorback Tactical Alert (only when event is active)
  • Balor Fomorian Tactical Alert (only when event is active)
  • Thermia Fractures (only when event is active)
  • Ghoul Purge

These periodic events are not announced in the news, unlike longer special events such as Dog's Days, Plague Star, Orphix Venom, Scarlet Spear, etc.

These above are basic information readily available when the player enters the navigation start chart. I hope that there are REST API or some webservice API available for those types of information. 

Of course, it'll be up to your consideration as to how much data is provided or consumed, so hopefully data is as light as possible, especially for users who may be running the app on mobile data.

(Must have) Consolidate "Archwing" and "Archweapons" items in the Inventory into simply "Archwing"

Place Archwings, Archguns and Archmelee weapons under simply, "Archwing". This should help with organization, since the game has expanded, but also because there has been 5 entries for Archwings, which has been quite a barren category. 

(Must have) Move Extractors in Inventory under "Miscellaneous" in Inventory

Is there a point to give extractors their own menu item anymore?

(Nice to have) Kuva Lich (and in future, Sisters of Parvos) under Activities

It does not need to render the image of the Lich, but it'll be nice to show the planet(s) the Lich currently controls, its rage level, resistances, weaknesses, it's weapon, element and element percentage, revealed Requiems and attempts, and maybe if it has an ephemera.

(Nice to have) Consolidate all pets and sentinels in the inventory under "Companions"

The game doesn't differentiate them anymore and they use the same Companion slots. The original DNA mechanics of Kubrows and Kavats has been removed, which largely puts them on the same footing as sentinels.

(Nice to have) Remove functionality to set the active pet

This goes hand in hand with the suggestion above. If the dev team feel strongly about keeping the Tamagotchi functionality to switch the active companion, or interact with the pet... that's fine. But I can confidently put my money that it's the least used feature on the mobile app. 

(Really-really nice to have) Show Components of Built Zaws & Kitguns

Another enhancement you can consider is to show the component names of components used in built Zaws and Kitguns, with stats of the built Zaw and Kitgun if possible of course.

(Nice to have) Operator Information

Since the introduction of an operator, it is actually surprising that there's no UI in the mobile app for operator and built amps. Hence, showing at least built amp would be as helpful as showing the Zaws and Kitguns, with components preferred, and with amp stats if possible.

(Nice to have) Operator's focus trees

It would be nice to at least see what's the current focus trees are like. Upgrading tree optional if it's not too complex, and IMHO unnecessary. 

Humble regards,

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add to this great list of feature requests. I've been trying to figure out what mods I have setup on the Arquebex, so far being able to see the necramech or their ability weapons has been impossible. Also I use the crap out of Extractors still, I'd be fine with it still on the main activities screen, rank 28 at the moment if it helps. The helminth and 100x bps for cyphers, energy, health and shield drops really eat resources lol.

(Nice to have) Necramech in Arsenal
The ability to view the Necramech in Arsenal as well as see the current configuration of both the mods and it's fourth ability weapon mods.

Archived