Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why do you hunt Kuva Liches?

Basically, MR and weapons with better stats/effects/innate elemental mods and selling for plat.

And of course, because there were months where there was nothing else to do, for players who were caught up.

Now we can see and pick the weapon in advance, it's far less of a grind; but I admit, I've only bothered with 3.

Maybe if them make liches useful in railjack, or if the corpus ones are much better.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Can you elaborate on this for me? I must not understand how it works, because part of the reason I haven’t tried is dealing with the RNG for the weapon I want.

When you put the larva in the downed state and the parazon prompt comes up, you get a lil picture showing you what weapon you will get from them. They changed it a while back so its not COMPLETELY random.

1 hour ago, -SicMundusCreatusEst- said:

Reskin= same weapon and stats, different skin 

Upgraded weapon= different skin, stats and level improved

@op this is what the real meaning of reskin is.

Please don't give a different meaning to words, it's kinda passive aggressive and makes you you look like a troll

Kuva lich system IS NOT a result n system.

Dude what do you want me to say?

They’re weapons with the same mechanics but with better stats. “Re-skins with better stats” is just easier to say.

I don’t think anything I’ve said comes across as trolling. Relax.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Can you elaborate on this for me? I must not understand how it works, because part of the reason I haven’t tried is dealing with the RNG for the weapon I want.

It used to be you converted a larva, then saw the weapon and couldn't start again until you'd dealt with the lich.

Now, you can see the weapon, though not cosmetics, before you trigger the larva, so if it's not the one you want, you just leave it alone and retry the mission.

This still has some RNG, but it's at the start, when you can just retry, rather than at the end, when your committed to a few hours of murmur farming, or lucky guesses.

33 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

It used to be you converted a larva, then saw the weapon and couldn't start again until you'd dealt with the lich.

Now, you can see the weapon, though not cosmetics, before you trigger the larva, so if it's not the one you want, you just leave it alone and retry the mission.

This still has some RNG, but it's at the start, when you can just retry, rather than at the end, when your committed to a few hours of murmur farming, or lucky guesses.

2 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

When you put the larva in the downed state and the parazon prompt comes up, you get a lil picture showing you what weapon you will get from them. They changed it a while back so its not COMPLETELY random.

This is great! I can totally get behind this method to at least get the weapons I care about. Thanks guys! 

1. Good weapons. Kuva variants are like prime version. They are strong and fun. Ogris, hind, even seer are lovable.

2. Lich controlled territories spawn stronger enemies. Vanilla star chart seldom spawn level 50+ enemies except sortie or endless. Always good to have some challenges.

3. Another incentive to re-visit old missions and nodes. Couple with 2, for example I need to bring something viable for spy mission just in case a lich show up.

"The weapons are just reskin with better stats"...

Not only that, but most have different firing modes, soooooooo not at all simple reskins.

Maybe OP if you actually tried to ingage with the content, you'd have figured out what people find in it, instead of avoiding it out of spite and/or because you saw a vocal minority complain about it.

For every single aspect of this game, you will find a vocal minority telling you it's the worst thing on earth. If you listen to those guys rather than actually trying stuff for yourself, you'd better stop playing all together, since everything sucks, DE lazy, too much grind in this looter shooter, and so on and so forth...

The weapons mostly, but honestly, I do actually enjoy going through my Liches, getting new ones, hopefully cool looking ones for my crew. (which ended being a total waste of time cause Converted Liches are awful on crew/on call.)

Likely going to be doing the same with the Sisters when they drop, the hound looks cool, like a Moa/Kubrow cross, yanno... with a head on it. 

Maybe they'll be better allies than liches, who knows.

13 hours ago, RichardKam said:

1. Good weapons. Kuva variants are like prime version. They are strong and fun. Ogris, hind, even seer are lovable.

2. Lich controlled territories spawn stronger enemies. Vanilla star chart seldom spawn level 50+ enemies except sortie or endless. Always good to have some challenges.

3. Another incentive to re-visit old missions and nodes. Couple with 2, for example I need to bring something viable for spy mission just in case a lich show up.

The only Kuva weapon that has been kind of a disappointment so far has been the Kuva Kohm. It feels more like sidegrade rather than a very nice upgrade compared to the others.

For fun and to see what all the fuss was about with the Nukor.  

Nukor was my first lich.

The next one was another weapon I wanted to try the chakkur which has not regular counterpart to my understanding.

The newest one has the drakgoon which I recently found a riven for.  I won't do another before the sisters update drops.  Then I'll try that arca plasmor as I have fun with the regular one. 

On 2021-06-15 at 8:31 PM, Deminisis said:

Initially, I thought liches would evolve into something a lot more interesting. It reminded me a bit of Shadow of Mordor/ Shadow of War nemesis stuff. Having a unique adversary that I could befriend and use to help me in mission sounded really fun and wanted to get the perfect lich.

Same thing here, reimnded me exactly of that. I definetly wanted to see the nemesis/adversary machanic expanded upon more, but now its never going to happen, since WB freaking copyrighted the "nemesis system" from Shadow of Mordor, barring other games from using it. DE seems to have flown under the radar with their lich system somehow, since they havent been sued yet...

Archived