Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE please explain why Sabotage works like this...

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

4 random people jump into any iteration of Sabotage.   Most of the squad is killing and advancing the objective and yay they sabotage the whatever...    Now the squad is given 5 minutes to get to the exit.  

3 of the people in the squad are standing at extraction watching the timer tick down while some ___________________________ stands around doing nothing way back at the beginning of the level.... 

Why should the entire squad fail the mission, have their real life time wasted, lose out on all the loot and affinity they earned because ONE guy is a ________________________-_________!!!!______

Please explain that ???????

A 5 min timer is actually a 4 min timer, you have to consider the worst case scenario, which is waiting 1 full min at extraction while someone is doing other things, namely finding ayatan statues, looting, entering the granum void, finding caches, releasing prisioners,......

Lesson learned i guess. Yes, ALL members in that squad have to do things a bit faster.

To prevent those issues some sabotages allow for flexibility, you can defend and even go straight to extraction (magnetic hazard) depending on how the sabotage is organized, however this requires speed, practice and you need to anticipate players moves, this is considered to be advanced gameplay, but in short, if you know what the team struggles with (speed or defense), you can trigger something that will give you better chances.

If you are on steelpath, trigering magnetic or fire is recomended

If you are on normal gameplay but the team is slow, then trigger ice or magnetic hazard, simply pick up the fuel container before anyone else (recomended to be the host)

I do note that it takes over 100 games or 300 players to find a single one that upon magentic hazard they will go straight to extraction (0,3% chance), so a full squad doing it in a random game is something you will never see.

It works like that because the extraction timer is one minute long and you're given five minutes to extract. Sure it would be a nice failsafe for it to pause the mission fail timer but at the same time it shouldn't be taking two of four players over 4 minutes to get to extraction.

sounds like another classic case of PUG games not going your way. I will admit that out of all the mission types, the one least favorable for exploring is Sabotage because of the time limit before you fail. it makes sense: you can't beat the tar our of a Nuclear reactor and not expect to initiate a catastrophic meltdown, but yes, sometimes - especially with newer players - you can be left waiting.

personally I use fire method when I need the mission done quick, Ice method if I'm levelling and need the affinity, and only use Magnetic on Corpus Ship tilesets (because it's cool when the ship goes totally dark!), though the Magnetic Method can be quick too. it all boils down to how well you know the game mode, and if you get paired with people that don't know it, problems like this can arise.

17 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Magnetic hazard has no defense, extraction is available right from the start, if you can find it.

Defense is also more profitable, altough risky.

profitable? wuh?

I don't care about magnetic, but I get annoyed if someone initiates the defense using cold. They're just wasting my time.

10 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

profitable? wuh?

I don't care about magnetic, but I get pissed if someone initiates the defense using cold. They're just wasting my time.

*makes plans to start the Cold Shoulder Initiative when meeting an Ancient Reptile Sutffed in Various Spices in Ship Sabotage Missions*

11 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

4 random people jump into any iteration of Sabotage.   Most of the squad is killing and advancing the objective and yay they sabotage the whatever...    Now the squad is given 5 minutes to get to the exit.  

3 of the people in the squad are standing at extraction watching the timer tick down while some ___________________________ stands around doing nothing way back at the beginning of the level.... 

Why should the entire squad fail the mission, have their real life time wasted, lose out on all the loot and affinity they earned because ONE guy is a ________________________-_________!!!!______

Your post makes no sense, it's impossible to fail the mission if 3 players are staying on extraction.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Its impossible to fail if 3 players get to extraction,  with enough time left to trigger extraction.

yes, that is the case

(actually, you only need 2 to trigger extraction)

but yes, as long as 2 players get to extraction and their extract timer is Less Than the explosion timer, you are OK.

4 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Its impossible to fail if 3 players get to extraction,  with enough time left to trigger extraction.

Ah ok, your post read seemed to come across when the objective was destroyed that 3 players got to extraction watching the timer countdown, if the 3 got there with very little left then that like mentioned already pub servers.

Probably why I play solo, or when playing with clanmates I let them know in discord to hurry the fk up, they know I'm a grumpy old pric lol.

16 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I want to murder people that manage to do this before I can trigger fire. Like everyone wants to be drug down by a timed defense. Ugh.

So you advocate murdering people and you think you are the one on the 'right' side of the argument?

How are you not banned for advocating murder?

Where are the Moderators here?

How is this considered acceptable by posters here?

What is wrong with people that they think murdering random humans that won't play a game they way they prefer is 'right'?

WTH?

Il y a 16 heures, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

I want to murder people that manage to do this before I can trigger fire. Like everyone wants to be drug down by a timed defense. Ugh.

Same feeling when someone trigger fire before i manage to do so with magnetic :3

10 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

profitable? wuh?

I don't care about magnetic, but I get pissed if someone initiates the defense using cold. They're just wasting my time.

You get rewards by completing missions or killing enemies, the ideal scenario is by doing both.

If you're in a position where the mission will not end due to your actions (mobile defense, survival,.....) then killing will be a profitable scenario.

In the ice defense, you simply kill more enemies so that they drop more mods, more endo and more resources, if you don't do that and just stall enemies then yes defending is a waste, you want to minimize that ammount of time you stay idle not doing anything.

If you ignore enemies and don't do anything in the defense, then the mission will be lackluster. I understand it may not seem that way, but after 200 sabotages things will add up

3 hours ago, KIREEK said:

You get rewards by completing missions or killing enemies, the ideal scenario is by doing both.

If you're in a position where the mission will not end due to your actions (mobile defense, survival,.....) then killing will be a profitable scenario.

In the ice defense, you simply kill more enemies so that they drop more mods, more endo and more resources, if you don't do that and just stall enemies then yes defending is a waste, you want to minimize that ammount of time you stay idle not doing anything.

If you ignore enemies and don't do anything in the defense, then the mission will be lackluster. I understand it may not seem that way, but after 200 sabotages things will add up

They would have to drop something of value for that to matter.

On 2021-06-15 at 8:40 PM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Duh.... Because DE Hates us.... I thought that was obvious 🤔....

In any case... The real problem is not with Sabotage... It's with how Extraction (and Match Making) works.... That whole feature needs to be revised and recoded.

21 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I don't care about magnetic, but I get annoyed if someone initiates the defense using cold. They're just wasting my time.

I used to do that on purpose back when I was farming for Xiphos Blueprints 😁 !!!

21 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

*makes plans to start the Cold Shoulder Initiative when meeting an Ancient Reptile Sutffed in Various Spices in Ship Sabotage Missions*

10 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I used to do that on purpose back when I was farming for Xiphos Blueprints 😁 !!!

You are both diabolical!

21 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

You are both diabolical!

You didn't even let me explain 😥 yet....

Okay so.... Normally I don't have have to initiate Defense.... Thanks to Rudy I could mostly found atleast the first 2 Cache Lockers before arriving at the Core.... However if I some how make it there before finding anything I slip in the wrong Core to buy myself time to find the lockers....

Meanwhile I play Dumb and pretend like I also don't know who slipped in the wrong Core.... 😈 !!!

That doesn't make me a bad person.... I'm a good boy... I swear 😁 !!!

Archived