Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to rage mode from the melee 3.0 future update?

Lioneriod

So, from the Dev Workshop - Melee Rework Phase 2:

THE FUTURE

14. Lastly: Channeling 2.0 AKA “Rage Mode”
There has been a lot of discussion around this addition, and while it will not be included in the Phase 2 update, there is a lot of work being put into its application. This system is very special and we want to make sure that it is not just a cool addition, but that it has roots in Warframes lore, and a story behind it. This is something we want to implement with a lot of in-game fanfare and details will become available as progress is made.

Any idea at what happened to it? Has it been scraped? Forgotten?

This Rage mode has been in the works for ages, this mode was called "Focus" at first and it even was supposed to use the Focus lenses somehow, but the operator system then took over the name and lenses.

"[...]but that it has roots in Warframes lore, and a story behind it. This is something we want to implement with a lot of in-game fanfare and details will become available as progress is made."

I don't believe that the adult operator system will be tied to Rage Mode, so we will have to wait until that is finished and established in the game and THEN DE might continue on that feature, if they still believe it would fit well into the game or have new ideas for it.

30 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I presume it got canned because it would effectively be another melee buff which would in turn result in people asking for a gun rage mode to match it and thus push power creep even more. 

Nah, your comment has too much sense.

I'm fairly sure they forgot about it.

Options

- Lowers damage but lets you generate energy

-Drains your energy but gives you 100% deflection and parries with like a 5000% bonus damage.   (You kill people who are shooting at you or dismember people trying to melee you lol)

-Grapple/wrestling attacks on a single enemy that stuns all nearby enemies.  lol.   (They are already in game for Liches)

-Simple aoe insta-kill Void energy explosion  (long timer so like once per 5-10 mins)

-Your warframe goes down.... instead of being able to revive your warframe, its just engulfed in your void energy, picks itself back up and acts autonomously for like 10-15 seconds killing and using abilities,  after which you regain control lol.  

32 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I believe it was scrapped in favour of the heavy attack system. it would have been kind of cool, especially with fist weapons, you could feel like you're going Super Saiyan or something lol. 

Dragon Ball GIF by TOEI Animation UK

I could be an advocate for making it something tied to Warframes instead of Melee weapons personally.

Like Rage Mode Excalibur manifests a second Exalted Blade for a short period and goes to town with them or Rhino basically goes full Hulk mode and can pick up enemies and beat other enemies with them. Volt could just go full Emperor Palpatine with "UNLIMITED POWER" lightning hands, Mag could start manipulating shards of metal to rip and tear through anything over a wide radius, Ember could get a more Explosively powerful version of World on Fire for the duration and literally melt enemies by proximity...the possibilities are endless really.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Rhino basically goes full Hulk mode and can pick up enemies and beat other enemies with them.

don't tease me now lol, this is something I'd genuinely be on board for. as much as I'd love it to happen, we're already at god-levels of power, we don't *need* more, we just want more. plus something like that would have to be tied to filling a special meter or something: something you have to work a little for, even if it's just killing enemies.

5 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

This Rage mode has been in the works for ages, this mode was called "Focus" at first and it even was supposed to use the Focus lenses somehow, but the operator system then took over the name and lenses.

"[...]but that it has roots in Warframes lore, and a story behind it. This is something we want to implement with a lot of in-game fanfare and details will become available as progress is made."

I don't believe that the adult operator system will be tied to Rage Mode, so we will have to wait until that is finished and established in the game and THEN DE might continue on that feature, if they still believe it would fit well into the game or have new ideas for it.

I can see this happening after New War, perhaps after our "transformation". My envisioning of it is to basically take CO, WW, BR and the combo counter and combine it as a universal rage system for the warframes, effecting guns, melee and, perhaps, energy regen.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

don't tease me now lol, this is something I'd genuinely be on board for. as much as I'd love it to happen, we're already at god-levels of power, we don't *need* more, we just want more. plus something like that would have to be tied to filling a special meter or something: something you have to work a little for, even if it's just killing enemies.

It would likely just be a "Style over Substance" thing, but if they do nerf things down a bit having a Limit Break system would make more sense.

I was always under the impression that it was tied to the Duviri Paradox update, when they address the focus system overhaul they've talked about. (this could be a connection I've personally made, but I'm fairly confident they've mentioned them in this context in dev stream in the past.)

My imagination paints it as achieving full synchronicity with your warframe and having a direct connection to the void (similar to the previous transcendence wild beam shooting out of our chests that felt so epic compared to anything the operator can do currently), supercharging your power strength stat, and unlimited energy for the duration. (maybe 3x all power/duration/range/efficiency stats, or something to that effect) as well as the void relic unlock bonus statuses, giving unlimited ammo conservation for the duration as well, for instance.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

Oh that? It's on the back with the other promises DE has not yet delivered..

Still waiting on that New Wait stuff they have been halting about for a while..

planning doesn't work. but that is also the case with a lot of companies ...
The thing is like this: the managers are mostly very stupid people who can do nothing. (even donkeys are better). this is not meant to be an insult, but unfortunately a fact. many companies have experienced this. no matter whether it is an expensive car manufacturer company or a small software company. THAT IS MY EXPERIENCE! and I see it every day .... false promises are deliberately blabbered and many lies are produced.

DE actually do a very good job. they have top people ... but it's not that easy ......... or a great video for the topic:

On 2021-06-16 at 8:02 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I believe it was scrapped in favour of the heavy attack system. it would have been kind of cool, especially with fist weapons, you could feel like you're going Super Saiyan or something lol. 

I don't think that's it. The heavy attack system replaced charge attacks and changed how the combo counter was used. Rage mode was meant to replace channelling which rarely (if ever) saw any use.

What happened too

Railjack Unfinished.

Duviri paradox unreleased

kuva lich system  Unfinished..

New war  unreleased.  Two events and a 30 second cut scene doesn’t count...

Third orb mother  unreleased.

Modular Arch wing   unreleased.

Squad link Unreleased

Melee 3.0   unfinished

Pets 2.0   unfinished

Rework augments/useless mods + rework status, Unreleased...

Cross save- Cross play.   Unreleased

Raids, Never Returned after they said they would... 

Operator personalities. alignment system

Rag Mode  Unreleased.

On 2021-06-15 at 1:15 PM, Jarriaga said:

I presume it got canned because it would effectively be another melee buff which would in turn result in people asking for a gun rage mode to match it and thus push power creep even more. 

Im gonna ask for both of these things just because you'd probably hate it tbh.

On 2021-06-16 at 11:34 PM, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

What happened too

Railjack Unfinished.

Duviri paradox unreleased

kuva lich system  Unfinished..

New war  unreleased.  Two events and a 30 second cut scene doesn’t count...

Third orb mother  unreleased.

Modular Arch wing   unreleased.

Squad link Unreleased

Melee 3.0   unfinished

Pets 2.0   unfinished

Rework augments/useless mods + rework status, Unreleased...

Cross save- Cross play.   Unreleased

Raids, Never Returned after they said they would... 

Operator personalities. alignment system

Rag Mode  Unreleased.

....uhhhh, so? I have absolutely NO issues with this being a progressive game and, considering we still received a ton of content while waiting on those simply means we have much more content to receive. That's a win-win for all of us!

Archived