Jump to content

Revised Dev Workshop Release Date: June 18!


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, RivaAurelius said:

Thanks for the word, looking forward to seeing the proposed changes that might make gunplay great again. However, would the dev team be revisiting the nerfs they made to many of the "top" helminth abilities? Nerfing roar hasn't made decoy a more practical choice. All the best to you and the team, thanks.

Maybe there's a small chance of this being in this upcoming expansion.

What's the chance it is a pet ability swap?

Maybe creating more Umbra frames?

Another round of frame abilities added to the mix?

Edited by TheGreatKazein
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Sdric said:

Now imagine if the expansion of Helminth meant being able to augment skills directly instead of needing band-aid mods. That'd be neat.

Interesting thought. Imagine if augment mods would be more like unlocks that could be used with the helminth, to change the abilities. Then you wouldn't have to slot them into your warframe.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheGreatKazein said:

Maybe there's a small chance of this being in this upcoming expansion.

What's the chance is a pet ability swap?

Maybe creating more Umbra frames?

Another round of frame abilities added to the mix?

Pet swap may be okay

 

More umbra isn't going to happen

 

More abilities,  would that mean I have to subsume more of the same frames?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheGreatKazein said:

Maybe there's a small chance of this being in this upcoming expansion.

What's the chance is a pet ability swap?

Maybe creating more Umbra frames?

Another round of frame abilities added to the mix?

Another round of frame abilities added to the mix might be kind of cool IF they don't handle it the same way they did last time (by nerfing all the best options). My main gripe with the Helminth system right now was the nerfs they made, the economy still not being great, and the lack of progression after rank 10 (which it seems they might address at least, yay).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dargadon said:

Modular Warframes confirmed? 🤨

Oh god I remember Scott asked for 3 abilities mixed from different frames bar ultimates on twitter a while ago. Guess this could be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PsiWarp said:

Oh god I remember Scott asked for 3 abilities mixed from different frames bar ultimates on twitter a while ago. Guess this could be it.

Hmm, what's the chance they let you now swap out two abilities instead of just one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 2 minutos, Pumello dijo:

Hey don't be like that, think about it for a minute. Bringing primaries and secondaries up might actually be worth the melee nerfs. Just imagine for a second, AOE weapons being better than before.

Now my friend, we are talking. 😜

They said on stream buffing the guns is too much work so they are just adding mods and nerfing melee, yeah I would love to bring my Trumna, my Soma Prime, all my favorite guns to steel path and challenging mission but just a few bandaid mods are not going to make them viable, so they are basically taking the thing that worked nerfing it and leaving us with nothing but a few mods that will not change how bad guns are, this is not rebalancing, this makes no sense.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TheGreatKazein said:

Hmm, what's the chance they let you now swap out two abilities instead of just one?

If that's the case; Inaros, it's time for you to say goodbye to Devour AND Sandstorm.

Now say hello to Larva AND Blood Altar

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Yaldabaoth_ said:

Pet swap may be okay

 

More umbra isn't going to happen

 

More abilities,  would that mean I have to subsume more of the same frames?

I would also be down on some pet swaping.  Just so we can put the auto revival mechanic on all companions.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, TheGreatKazein said:

Reading this thread, there's so many good possibilities that could come from a Helminth expansion but watch it be something stupid like, "You now have the ability to plant more flowers in the room!"

This is so true xD I also love DE and Warframe but this love is really starting to hurt more and more...

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Leontorres13 said:

They said on stream buffing the guns is too much work so they are just adding mods and nerfing melee, yeah I would love to bring my Trumna, my Soma Prime, all my favorite guns to steel path and challenging mission but just a few bandaid mods are not going to make them viable.

Balancing around Steel Path isn't their mission. Steel path is supposed to be "separating the men from the boys". It's failed at doing that largely because melee weapons are so powerful.

I also really don't understand your point of "but just a few bandaid mods are not going to make them viable". Mods is the center point of making weapons stronger. That is the way to make them stronger.

How many melee builds are just the same rinse and repeat condition overload, drifting contact/body count, weeping wounds, and blood rush combo.

A few mods can really make the difference.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pumello said:

Balancing around Steel Path isn't their mission. Steel path is supposed to be "separating the men from the boys". It's failed at doing that largely because melee weapons are so powerful.

I also really don't understand your point of "but just a few bandaid mods are not going to make them viable". Mods is the center point of making weapons stronger. That is the way to make them stronger.

How many melee builds are just the same rinse and repeat condition overload, drifting contact/body count, weeping wounds, and blood rush combo.

A few mods can really make the difference.

Iirc, they brought this whole topic up because of melee vs gunplay in Steelpath. Which is why the new mods according to them will be acquired via steel path

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 1 minuto, Pumello dijo:

Balancing around Steel Path isn't their mission. Steel path is supposed to be "separating the men from the boys". It's failed at doing that largely because melee weapons are so powerful.

I also really don't understand your point of "but just a few bandaid mods are not going to make them viable". Mods is the center point of making weapons stronger. That is the way to make them stronger.

How many melee builds are just the same rinse and repeat condition overload, drifting contact/body count, weeping wounds, and blood rush combo.

A few mods can really make the difference.

Like I said since we started conversing, whatever lets you sleep at night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pumello said:

How many melee builds are just the same rinse and repeat condition overload, drifting contact/body count, weeping wounds, and blood rush combo.

A few mods can really make the difference.

Pretty much, from the stream the mods are basically going to be gun version of those melee mods. Guns stat wise don't suck, they're just as good as melee but lack the mods to make it go overboard like melee can

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Pretty much, from the stream the mods are basically going to be gun version of those melee mods. Guns stat wise don't suck, they're just as good as melee but lack the mods to make it go overboard like melee can

My point exactly. Glad the entire thread here isn't tone-deaf.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Pumello said:

Balancing around Steel Path isn't their mission. Steel path is supposed to be "separating the men from the boys". It's failed at doing that largely because melee weapons are so powerful.

I also really don't understand your point of "but just a few bandaid mods are not going to make them viable". Mods is the center point of making weapons stronger. That is the way to make them stronger.

How many melee builds are just the same rinse and repeat condition overload, drifting contact/body count, weeping wounds, and blood rush combo.

A few mods can really make the difference.

 

4 minutes ago, Yaldabaoth_ said:

Iirc, they brought this whole topic up because of melee vs gunplay in Steelpath. Which is why the new mods according to them will be acquired via steel path

 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Pretty much, from the stream the mods are basically going to be gun version of those melee mods. Guns stat wise don't suck, they're just as good as melee but lack the mods to make it go overboard like melee can

Thing is, how would they balance this so you can't just pay 40 plat for a new mod that now let's your MK-1 Boltor deal 2k damage per shot? Melee get stronger because of a combo counter and how that effects bloodrush and weeping wounds. The only thing is, while guns don't have weeping wounds, they already apply statuses faster than melee. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...