Revised Dev Workshop Release Date: June 18!

1 minute ago, TheGreatKazein said:

Thing is, how would they balance this so you can't just pay 40 plat for a new mod that now let's your MK-1 Boltor deal 2k damage per shot? Melee get stronger because of a combo counter and how that effects bloodrush and weeping wounds.

Well if we look at things we have to compare to already. As an example, the soma mod you can buy from father(iirc). It buffs your soma with more crit chance when hitting enemies. The counter for the buff is reset on reload and shows up in the top right next to your shield and health like any other buff, or arcane buff. 

I guess we can suspect that whatever buffs primary and secondary get it will work much the same way. But again, who tf knows.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pumello said:

Hey don't be like that, think about it for a minute. Bringing primaries and secondaries up might actually be worth the melee nerfs. Just imagine for a second, AOE weapons being better than before.

Now my friend, we are talking. 😜

Yes because DE hasn't had a track record of nerfing AoE ranged weapons. Not a single time.

• Like 5

Can you also look at adding a flat % self damage, like 10-20% for explosive weapons - or making their stagger bypass sure footed, Because Using them is too efficient and not remotely engaging.  And i do use them, alot.

I've been looking forward to these changes, and waiting a few days more for details is of little consequence. I know that people are concerned about melee changes; speeding through missions hammering the melee button and turning all the baddies into chunky soup is a wholesome good time, and I don't think anyone wants to see that change. But in the interest of diversity, surely making primary and secondary weapons a more viable alternative can only be beneficial to the health of the game and the enjoyment of the playerbase. I'm sure a lot of difficult decisions and hard work have gone into the overhaul, hopefully everyone appreciates that. Can't wait until Friday :)

• Like 3

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

The post clearly says Expansion. There are no nerfs to Helminth. 

So you're saying everything but Helminth gets nerfed?

james franco GIF

Jk, but don't you dare make me farm all frames for a third time.

Edited by (PSN)Deeceem
  • Like 7

From my perspective and taking as example DOTA (a competitive videogame where balance is so important), you guys should touch weapons/mod a very little like 10% up 10% down, and send the update to us for some weeks, and then repeat, in some months you will have the game much more balanced.

Some examples:

You killed catchmoon, my melee have more range than actually the weapon, and very weird now we have stropha can hit by millions, with better fire rate, no reload and similar range. "i will kill your pistol, but now i give you this super melee, does the same but much better"

Xoris: If i actually want min max statick for khora, and only khora (because is the best for this) i will get a dispo 5 riven i will not use xoris, Gara and Atlas are very unpopular already, making those both a little more stronger (having a advantage from a specific melee) doesnt affect the game

Spin2win meta with atterax or galvacord: Now that type of attack and those type of melee are just bad compared just with spaming E

Chroma specially for hunts: Chroma was good only for 3 type of missions: Arbitration defense, eidolon hunts and profit taker. Now is worth only for profit taker, Non meta warframe for general content and only good for specific missions being killed for those missions? make no sense

Zaws: Was very nice and worth to grind zaws, now is only worth for profit taker and only because exodia contagion, zaws are just mediocre at this moment same with kitguns (maybe some of them a little more but still there)

Itzal too powerfull "you can blink anywhere everytime", now amesha is the only way to play in railjack because you get 2 shoots using any archwing and die in the space, and looking all archwings abilities amesha is super good, and the others are ultra bad, itzal still meta because can suck vombalyst, so if you dont care eidolon hunts you will use all day amesha. 

Resuming: Killing this way to play the game and making this way very good, is not very good for the game in think

PD: we need gian point and affinity farm in space back. make railjack worth to play again please, and affinity is the best way to make it. And honestly i felt all the min max build in railjack was worth when i was finishing the mission under 2min, the affinity gain was similar of ESO, but the main difference is, in ESO you depends on someone and you need get carry, and in railjack you and your friend with lvl 0 gear get affinity together, so you need everyone doing something in the mission to make it faster, and get faster affinity, im crazy? the mission was super balanced ...

Now railjack is taxi, resources are terrible, affinity is 0, the mission is long, tileset the worse in the game. Im sure you already understeand and im sure you have the numbers having long or short missions doesnt matter at all, i have been hours, for days using formas in my weapons, and i saw many people with me and random people following to my railjack for affinity farm for literally hours. 

Another quick example are fast fissures like capture or exterminate, those runs are like 2min average, but people are the whole hour doing it ... 

Edited by Danielw8
  • Like 13

workshop late again? I would be disappointed if not for...

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We’re also detailing out a rework of Parazon kills, and Helminth system expansion!

Though I hope it is not a nerf.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

True or false, DE have proven in the past they are not trustworthy until an update is out due to lack of information. 

Simply put, we'll have to wait for both the workshop and the update before making judgements. I'm not willing to trust DE at their word here.

• Like 8

Of course, yes... Expansion...

let’s just not get too attached to War Cry or anything that would possibly undermine the melee “rebalancing” we have two extra days to look forward to.

• Like 6

That's a shame considering how the system undermines various Warframe's identities through skills and has massive imbalances in choices like Eclipse.

It would be nice if a Helminth Expansion reviewed the current structure and addressed its issues instead of building upon a shaky foundation. Increasing the Mastery requirement of accessibility for Helminth is also something that I feel needs attention as well. The original decision for the current Mastery lock was met with heavy criticism and having systems like this locked behind later Mastery ranks would be a partial way to make account progression more impactful on the player experience instead of unlocking most of the game with a very small fraction of the game's equipment.

However, it is still nice that this spin on a resource sink is getting something new. Hopefully the expansion includes interesting choices that does not include unhealthy power ceiling problems or randomization.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

By all means, please take all the time you want.  The vast majority of your player base is not looking forward to a melee nerf and only a very vocal very few care about enhancing primaries and secondaries.  The "anticipation" is horrible.  So yeah, sheath that nerf stick a couple of more days. We won't mind.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sdric said:

Translated: Granting the Bramma or Acceltra the same buffed mods as the Burston Prime; it's not helping balancing. We need changes to individual guns, not just to mods. I hope this happens... I've been a bit disheartened since the stream

You are comparing apples to oranges. There is no way for a Burston Prime to ever compete with a Kuva Bramma unless you turn Warframe into one big AoE fiesta across the arsenal. The whole "guns are in a bad spot" narrative forcefully choked out by content creators is a manufactured issue and really not the case, especially since Warframe Revised and the introduction of Helminth. I can still one-shot with Vectis Prime using precision aiming and decent fire rate or rip apart a Demolisher with a Synapse. Different weapons have different characteristics. The characteristics of the Kuva Tonkor aren't applicable to any other type of weapon other than a launcher.

Adding more multipliers to other weapon types to approach Melee just creates an even shallower combat experience where the player is exponentially more lethal than an enemy (to a higher level than now) which leads to homogenized builds to stack multipliers moreso than now and even more brainless combat.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 8

prepare for the mob. they're coming to tell us the game is ruined and they're quitting because they will only be able to do 7 trillion damage with their melee build, instead of 8.

• Like 1