Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revised Dev Workshop Release Date: June 18!

[DE]Rebecca

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Fair point, but what would you call it then.  Context in these situations matters.  For the melee going through walls and objects if that existed within the game for months or years (honestly I wasn't an active player then but I believe it was).  Only to be removed for "balance" I would debate if you could call it something like a bug fix or quality of life adjustment. 

Whipclaw in the same context would also apply to this as this was not changed to fix a bug that was never intended. It was done to reduce the power the allowed exploit was providing.

Its not really an exploit when the ability simply functioned as an ability AoE. Thermal Sunder, Soundquake, Misama, and Maim all hit through walls as well. Arguably Mirage's explosive augment hits through walls. So to anyone who actually used Khora it was most certainly a nerf, and almost certainly due to how common she was used in SO/ESO and Steel Path.

An exploit is when you do something to break the game, like that exploit on PoE where you could get infinite affinity. People who did that got banned, rightfully so. Simply using an ability as is, is not an exploit.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Alphonso-Alonso said:

Okay so I keep seeing this and the “get pop corn” memes. So imma answer this here- not because I expect you to care but because someone who might care will read and think about it-

1) you’re not helping the outrage, you’re emboldening people to be even more outrageous toward the devs. So stop draw more aggro in their direction because there’s nothing else to derive pleasure form in this game other than trolling your fellow Tenno. Some of us still enjoy the ninja aspects of the game and don’t want this to turn into Destiny 1.

2) the people who are most frustrated are those of us to play quietly, alone, not bothering anyone. We don’t min max, we don’t chase metas, the vast majority either can’t afford to or don’t want to put down that kinda plat to trade. So you either do the best you can to be relevant against damage sponge enemies or you grind for ridiculous amounts of time to get stuff you need. Never mind the fact that none of us are youtuber material to get a platform the devs will listen to.

And then there’s someone like Quiette shy, who is flagrantly ever unimpressed and resentful of the game mechanics at large, makes a video lampooning melee. The loud nail gets the hammer so to speak. Or however that saying goes. 

The meme video casts a bad light in the system, the devs look even worse and now everyone is penalized for this infraction. Including those of us who were just fine minding our own business and not bothering anyone in public. not doing the YouTube thing. Playing solo and avoiding groups who would probably not want anyone who isnt minmaxing into he first place. Who, you might be surprised to learn, rely on melee because we aren’t no-lifing this game to get mandatory mods or obscure meta mods for min maxed kuva fed weapons or toiling away in the relic grind to pay 1550k for god roll rivens.

So yeah, I think that entitles me to be just a **little** mad that external forces at large are dictating the way I play the game when I wasn’t the one infracting in the devs to begin with! And the fact that there’s a large number of people in this community who take pleasure in that really pisses me off. Nerfs always test your commitment to playing a game. But behavior like this? It really makes you question whether or not you want to be part of a community that celebrates the misfortune of others like this.

+1 million upvotes, if I could.

24 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Exploting stuff, at least from my perspective as a beginner dev/designer, it's a bug that requires a fix... But I also would want to know why people are exploting stuff. Is the game boring? Is the game too grindy? Is the reward pool too dilluted? And I'm sure De as devs asks themselves the same questions, but I can't understand some of their decisions since I'm too far from understanding game development as bussiness, so my perspective is focused only gameplay wise

21 minutes ago, Nox_Terminus said:

Its not really an exploit when the ability simply functioned as an ability AoE. Thermal Sunder, Soundquake, Misama, and Maim all hit through walls as well. Arguably Mirage's explosive augment hits through walls. So to anyone who actually used Khora it was most certainly a nerf, and almost certainly do to how common she was used in SO/ESO and Steel Path.

An exploit is when you do something to break the game, like that exploit on PoE where you could get infinite affinity. People who did that got banned, rightfully so. Simply using an ability as is, is not an exploit.

Exploit in the non-technical sense. Basically once someone realizes oh this ability does scaling damage and can go through walls.  I can throw it at the spawns and own the map. 

My only point though is

If when it is first noticed the developer says whoops that's not supposed to work like that. Ya it's an official exploit or bug. Time for hotfixes and patches.

If it goes on for months and months until it becomes the way people are playing the game then it's no longer a bug but a feature. 

Example is how some weapon interactions attacked through the rift with limbo or Zenistar's disc never expired with Titania in her 4. Obvious bugs but... if DE let those go on for long enough that a significant percentage is playing that way and only decide to remove it once people are doing interceptions AFK with Zenistar or running most missions as limbo entirely in the void. 

I'm calling it a nerf as they knew it was there an only decided to "fix" it when it got too popular.

For why people "exploit" warframe. I say because the game is weighed heavily toward farming/collecting resources. So there is incentive to making it efficient. 

Just now, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

Exploit in the non-technical sense. Basically once someone realizes oh this ability does scaling damage and can go through walls.  I can throw it at the spawns and own the map. 

My only point though is

If when it is first noticed the developer says whoops that's not supposed to work like that. Ya it's an official exploit or bug. Time for hotfixes and patches.

If it goes on for months and months until it becomes the way people are playing the game then it's not longer a bug but a feature. 

Example is how some weapon interactions attacked through the rift with limbo or Zenistar's disc never expired with Titania in her 4. Obvious bugs but... if DE let those go on for long enough that a significant percentage is playing that way and only decide to remove it once people are doing interceptions AFK with Zenistar or running most missions as limbo entirely in the void. 

I'm calling it a nerf as they knew it was there an only decided to "fix" it when it got too popular.

For why people "exploit" warframe. I say because the game is weighed heavily toward farming/collecting resources. So there is incentive to making it efficient. 

I'd argue the main problem with Khora is because DE took a step back from giving her an exalted Whip (which was her originally intended 4) they instead gave her Strangledome. This meant they had to front-load her offensive power to her 1. Of course this was an issue as on-launch her Whipclaw was rather mediocre.

Thus the addition of her Accumulating Whipclaw augment gave it vastly higher damage potential. This led to much more people playing her, and because SO/ESO limits the usage of 4th abilities her place as an efficient ESO frame was cemented. In the same way any frame with Thermal Sunder (thanks to the Helminth system) can be an efficient SO frame.

The further addition of her 4 augment cemented her use in Steel Path where she can effectively group and dispatch enemies-and with the 4 augment-gain additional loot. This was far more useful when Steel Essence dropped from enemies instead of being attached to the drops of acolytes which spawn periodically (and cannot be looted). As it stands now I suppose you would be better off with Nekros again as his looting range and loot chance is superior.

I will agree that DE tend to create the very sticks people use to strike them with. Every issue is inevitably caused by either releasing something and not understanding what it can do (Accumulating Whipclaw) or overreacting to a new weapon being significantly popular with players (Arca Plasmor). Problem mainly being that the changes to either end up feeling arbitrary or specifically in spite of what players liked those things for.

A couple examples

Spoiler

The Xoris is a fairly prominent example, had it not gotten 'fixed' its usage would be so high that rivens for it would always be minimal disposition, which would in-effect make riven usage on stat-sticks for frames which use them far less common. There is of course a single outlier where the stat-sticks only purpose is more damage (Gara). I would absolutely forgo using some disgusting riven on the Mire or Amphis to have upfront infinite combo duration as that convenience outweighs the absurd overkill potential you get in normal starchart missions. It is important to remember that it was a convenience, as you would get more damage from equipping the Venka Prime for its passive, or as I stated before using a riven on a high disposition weapon.

The other example that comes to mind is the Arca Plasmor, which at the time was one of only two of a new type of shotgun (Slug) with a new trigger type (Pump-Action) and was also shaped like a BFG (which is extremely popular). It originally was able to headshot, and thus despite its middling crit stats was able to deal decent damage. Keep that word in mind 'decent' it became extremely popular because of its aesthetics, and sound design, and the fact that due to its effectiveness it was actually very fun to use. Contrary to popular belief it was not a 'meta' weapon, and anyone touting it as such probably owned some Riven for it (Rivens are a bane on balance btw). When they announced Harrow's 4 augment people were interested in seeing if the Plasmor would be useful with it. That interest died entirely when they removed its ability to headshot, and thus, the majority of its damage output.

As you see, Hunter Munitions does indeed 'work' on it, but a slash proc that is not a headshot deals significantly less damage. This is because headshots increase the crit multiplier of a shot, and crit multi is where the current Arca Plasmor really loses out. So effectively its damage output was dropped by about 60%. To 'remedy' this they increased its fire rate and gave it more ammo in the magazine. Which resulted in a weapon that was once almost-a-BFG, becoming a catchmoon without the damage to compensate.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

My only point though is

If it goes on for months and months until it becomes the way people are playing the game then it's no longer a bug but a feature. 

I understand your pov tho, this is why I tried to explain where I'm santing with the "nerf" or "fix" wording. This is why also said that I don't understand that behavior on devs side, but I don't have the workload they have, I'm struggling trying to manage a lot of areas without even being able to make something worth yet and I can't understand the bussiness decisions they could have. Game dev is a very crazy world, the more I dive into the industry the more I want to stay as a mediocre indie "toy maker in the garage" game dev.

We don't know why they have to take those approachs to these situations (and a lot more). Maybe it's time managment, maybe the game is to big and vast, maybe their workflow doesn't allow them to focus on stuff unless gets notorious. I'm sure there must be a reson of course, but being honest, I can't grasp a notion of it yet.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi Tenno!

We are working away on the final touches for the Dev Workshop that outline all things Melee, Primary, and Secondary. We're just doing some reviews / tests before we put everything in place to share with you (in written and video form).

We originally were posting today, June 16, but we’re just awaiting some final data / tests before we start sharing. There is a thorough data pass being done, and it took a bit longer than we anticipated!

And speaking of longer than we anticipated… there’s more to this Workshop than you’d expect. We’re also detailing out a rework of Parazon kills, and Helminth system expansion!

Lots to cover, and you can read or watch it all on Friday, June 18!

Sorry for the [DE]lay - to give you the best information possible, we just need those 2 additional days!

It would be nice if one day melee is reworked to have a deeper combat system with devil may cry type of gameplay and challenging enemies (bullet sponge and one shot kills dont count)

@[DE]Rebecca

... I'm just going to throw it out there that everyone is literally crying out for those spawn pads that have been promised with the "announced" Dojo Revision that, apparently, is stuck on something like Win10 "re-updates"x10^Infinity (update install/removal/reinstall/removal cycle) or some stuff like it...

Not that these revisions are unimportant, on the contrary... But~, maybe slip those spawn pads to us? 99.(9)% of the people are too lazy to even begin to think about thinking the thought of navigating through a Dojo... like, literally moving to the next room in order to reach the trading station...

Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Alphonso-Alonso said:

Okay so I keep seeing this and the “get pop corn” memes. So imma answer this here- not because I expect you to care but because someone who might care will read and think about it-

1) you’re not helping the outrage, you’re emboldening people to be even more outrageous toward the devs. So stop draw more aggro in their direction because there’s nothing else to derive pleasure form in this game other than trolling your fellow Tenno. Some of us still enjoy the ninja aspects of the game and don’t want this to turn into Destiny 1.

2) the people who are most frustrated are those of us to play quietly, alone, not bothering anyone. We don’t min max, we don’t chase metas, the vast majority either can’t afford to or don’t want to put down that kinda plat to trade. So you either do the best you can to be relevant against damage sponge enemies or you grind for ridiculous amounts of time to get stuff you need. Never mind the fact that none of us are youtuber material to get a platform the devs will listen to.

And then there’s someone like Quiette shy, who is flagrantly ever unimpressed and resentful of the game mechanics at large, makes a video lampooning melee. The loud nail gets the hammer so to speak. Or however that saying goes. 

The meme video casts a bad light in the system, the devs look even worse and now everyone is penalized for this infraction. Including those of us who were just fine minding our own business and not bothering anyone in public. not doing the YouTube thing. Playing solo and avoiding groups who would probably not want anyone who isnt minmaxing into he first place. Who, you might be surprised to learn, rely on melee because we aren’t no-lifing this game to get mandatory mods or obscure meta mods for min maxed kuva fed weapons or toiling away in the relic grind to pay 1550k for god roll rivens.

So yeah, I think that entitles me to be just a **little** mad that external forces at large are dictating the way I play the game when I wasn’t the one infracting in the devs to begin with! And the fact that there’s a large number of people in this community who take pleasure in that really pisses me off. Nerfs always test your commitment to playing a game. But behavior like this? It really makes you question whether or not you want to be part of a community that celebrates the misfortune of others like this.

1) the outrage exists with or without me. toxic people will keep being toxic whether i make comments or not. if i see something wrong with the community, i will speak up. and the way people are losing their minds about this melee "nerf" is unreasonable because everyone with an ounce of reason knows it's gonna be fine and you'll still one shot everything in the base game.

2) no, the people who are frustrated are exactly the min maxers because they are damage hounds. this is about the people who go and fight level 9999 steel path enemies. they put 15k hours into the game and somehow still don't realize that the game is probably never going to give them anything resembling a challenge because they have everything. there is nothing in the world you're not going to master if you put that kind of time into it. 
if you are a casual player, anything you equip will carry you through the solar chart because the base game is easy. i've been a player for 7 years and i only ever spent plat on cosmetics. as long as you have basic mods, any weapon will carry you through the game. that will not change even after the nerf. the only people who are going to feel the change are the endurance steel path players. they will now kill an enemy in 3 hits instead of 2 but the guns will be much stronger to offset that.

Dude, Shy is a character. don't take what she says seriously. she's literally a comedy show. it's not her fault that some of her viewers are literally too dumb to see that it's supposed to be comedy. do you think Rebb would be friends with her if she was genuinely just a hater?

i have no idea what "meme video" you're talking about but i'm guessing it's some content creator. i'd suggest u stop watching old warframe creators because they're all pretty much bitter veterans who hate that the game doesn't have more to give them even tho they got almost a decade of fun out of it (and their entire online careers). you're not gonna hear anything useful out of them anymore.

also you seem to think that melee is being nerfed because of the meta players? the rebalancing was coming either way my guy. scott doesn't decide what to nerf because too many people enjoy it. there's a group of players who like to demonize him on videos but then shut the #*!% up when they're faced with him. i suggest you dont try and do things like that because it's incredibly stupid. scott tunes the game to the statistics and melee trivializes the whole game. you can just walk into a mission and spam light attack for an hour. and i'm not sure where u got it that public groups straight up reject you if you're not minmaxing. i don't play meta because it's boring and i don't even remember the last time someone even mentioned something about it. people just play the game. of course you'll run into a couple of $&*^s every once in a while, but that doesn't mean you have to commit to playing solo only. you're not gonna have a good time in warframe solo.

and im not sure what you mean by "no life the game to get the mandatory mods". i'm really not sure what content you're trying to play but the base game pretty much hands you all the mandatory mods by the time you reach jupiter. you don't need to run condition overload, weeping wounds and blood rush to clear the start chart, and you definitely don't need a god roll riven for anything until you start steel path. just craft the weapons that are appropriate for your MR.

also, if you're relying on melee right now, you should be happy with these changes because they will buff all other weapon types so you don't have to rely on it anymore.

And finally, my dude, you take this too personally. "Infraction"? do u think the devs are nerfing weapons to punish us for some infraction? nobody infracted on anyone, dude. this is game development. they are trying to give everyone a more engaging exp. they want u to wake up and actually play the game and not sleep on the melee button. i don't take pleasure in your misfortune either because there is no misfortune. your end of the game will be fine. if you're having trouble playing it's likely your shortcoming because warframe is one of the easiest games out there. it's a power fantasy. i am laughing specifically at the veterans who like to garner hate clicks by posting hate videos and the old meta players who want more from the game but they already have thousands of hours logged.

IF YOU'RE A YOUNG TENNO, i will help you in game like i helped dozens of others. meet me ingame and i'll show you how to have a better experience. we'll see why you're finding the game difficult and clear thing up. i will give you some mods to get you started so you can have fun. (actually i just realised thats gonna be impossible cause youre on PS and im not PC, too bad.) 

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Amebot:

minmaxing

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Amebot:

1) the outrage exists with or without me. toxic people will keep being toxic whether i make comments or not. if i see something wrong with the community, i will speak up. and the way people are losing their minds about this melee "nerf" is unreasonable because everyone with an ounce of reason knows it's gonna be fine and you'll still one shot everything in the base game.

2) no, the people who are frustrated are exactly the min maxers because they are damage hounds. this is about the people who go and fight level 9999 steel path enemies. they put 15k hours into the game and somehow still don't realize that the game is probably never going to give them anything resembling a challenge because they have everything. there is nothing in the world you're not going to master if you put that kind of time into it. 
if you are a casual player, anything you equip will carry you through the solar chart because the base game is easy. i've been a player for 7 years and i only ever spent plat on cosmetics. as long as you have basic mods, any weapon will carry you through the game. that will not change even after the nerf. the only people who are going to feel the change are the endurance steel path players. they will now kill an enemy in 3 hits instead of 2 but the guns will be much stronger to offset that.

Dude, Shy is a character. don't take what she says seriously. she's literally a comedy show. it's not her fault that some of her viewers are literally too dumb to see that it's supposed to be comedy. do you think Rebb would be friends with her if she was genuinely just a hater?

i have no idea what "meme video" you're talking about but i'm guessing it's some content creator. i'd suggest u stop watching old warframe creators because they're all pretty much bitter veterans who hate that the game doesn't have more to give them even tho they got almost a decade of fun out of it (and their entire online careers). you're not gonna hear anything useful out of them anymore.

also you seem to think that melee is being nerfed because of the meta players? the rebalancing was coming either way my guy. scott doesn't decide what to nerf because too many people enjoy it. there's a group of players who like to demonize him on videos but then shut the #*!% up when they're faced with him. i suggest you dont try and do things like that because it's incredibly stupid. scott tunes the game to the statistics and melee trivializes the whole game. you can just walk into a mission and spam light attack for an hour. and i'm not sure where u got it that public groups straight up reject you if you're not minmaxing. i don't play meta because it's boring and i don't even remember the last time someone even mentioned something about it. people just play the game. of course you'll run into a couple of $&*^s every once in a while, but that doesn't mean you have to commit to playing solo only. you're not gonna have a good time in warframe solo.

and im not sure what you mean by "no life the game to get the mandatory mods". i'm really not sure what content you're trying to play but the base game pretty much hands you all the mandatory mods by the time you reach jupiter. you don't need to run condition overload, weeping wounds and blood rush to clear the start chart, and you definitely don't need a god roll riven for anything until you start steel path. just craft the weapons that are appropriate for your MR.

also, if you're relying on melee right now, you should be happy with these changes because they will buff all other weapon types so you don't have to rely on it anymore.

And finally, my dude, you take this too personally. "Infraction"? do u think the devs are nerfing weapons to punish us for some infraction? nobody infracted on anyone, dude. this is game development. they are trying to give everyone a more engaging exp. they want u to wake up and actually play the game and not sleep on the melee button. i don't take pleasure in your misfortune either because there is no misfortune. your end of the game will be fine. if you're having trouble playing it's likely your shortcoming because warframe is one of the easiest games out there. it's a power fantasy. i am laughing specifically at the veterans who like to garner hate clicks by posting hate videos and the old meta players who want more from the game but they already have thousands of hours logged.

IF YOU'RE A YOUNG TENNO, i will help you in game like i helped dozens of others. meet me ingame and i'll show you how to have a better experience. we'll see why you're finding the game difficult and clear thing up. i will give you some mods to get you started so you can have fun. (actually i just realised thats gonna be impossible cause youre on PS and im not PC, too bad.) 

Thanks 👍

This is probably the last straw for me and many other players.

I played through changes before. I never chased meta, but it always somewhat influenced the way I was enabled to play. Sometimes the design flaws were overcome through unintended mechanics (vide large maps, slow movement, solved by coptering). Sometimes the outright broken ability to nuke whole map (buffed World in Fire, spin-to-win etc.) meant that if I wasn't the one breaking the game I would have to just sit through the game with nothing to do (which often resulted in great friendships and interesting conversations).

Warframe for me went through phases of solo-grind-looter-shooter, chat room emulator, Raids bugfest with, at the time, great rewards, base building simulator, Focus-based invisibility fest, Warframe power creep and eventually landed on a melee meta for literally any type of mission. CC doesn't matter since 2015, Focus is as useless as ever, none of the systems created actually work together. I remember the time in early days when everyone had a role. We had Trin in squad for either EV or Healing. That has been solved with energy pizza spam and Zenurik. We used to have defence frames like Frost, because otherwise we would most certainly fail. That has been completely replaced by everything just straight up dying he moment it gets close. Vauban is laughable, only use is with grouping enemies more passively than Larva and helping up with keeping the kill count high. It used to be a game of cooperation, now it's a festival of demigods. I'm not delusional, I know we won't go back to the way it was. Player base changed with the ways the game changed.

But if there is anything I am hoping for is that this workshop can make all of us feel impactful again. Thay despite absolute lack of balance between Warframes, at least the tools we bring to the table can make an actual difference. Because, even when we all slay everything around with ease, we don't talk anymore. We don't form any relationships between players. Clans are redundant, we are lone Tenno in a crowd. If that's the case at least give me enough power to my God damn guns so I can enjoy explosions and bodies drowning in gore. Warframes are supposed to be masters of blade AND guns for God sake.

4 hours ago, Merrcenary said:

please consider nerfing subsumed gloom interaction. especially with frames like saryn

Please do not do this. Instead, please consider making the less used Helminth abilities better so that the system offers us more choice. Making the fun choices less fun to use does not give us more choice, it makes it less fun. 

11 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Its really not that big of a deal of a workshop being delayed, peeps in the comments need to grow up lol. Not like it required you to cancel any plans or any other form of inconvience ya clowns

We took the day of to day drink while reading the catastrophic changes... Now I gotta do it again!

On 2021-06-16 at 9:55 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

a rework of Parazon kills

I had been hoping we would see something to bring Parazon interactions more impactful to warframe's core gameplay. most I really get out of it is a quick free hack, and the occasional AoE blind. It's not something I even use in most standard missions, steel path or otherwise.

19 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

Its really not that big of a deal of a workshop being delayed, peeps in the comments need to grow up lol. Not like it required you to cancel any plans or any other form of inconvenience ya clowns

I had plans to mourn the death of warframe ant the return to melee 1.0. Now my plans got DElayed.

Sad GIF by Pokémon 

Archived