Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield rework suggestion

broken_knee

Shields are really soft and the reason for that is because if you get 1 damage from an enemy, your shields receive 1 damage, consequently if you get 300 damage, your shields are gone for a lot of frames. The only warframes that can survive through shields have special abilities like Hildryn's passive and Pillage, Protea's Grenade fan, Mag's polarize and others. Let's take for example, Hydroid Prime, which has 525 shields at rank 30, he is supposedly a warframe that survives through shields and doesn't have any ability that restores those and since shields have a 1:1 ratio of damage he won't survive long enough on high level missions like Steel Path. My suggestion is that shields should have a "shield armor" that functions similar to armor, let's take Hydroid Prime for example again, if you have 525 shields you will also have the respective damage reduction that armor would give to health, which is 64%, ofc it doesn't need to be the same proportions, as frames like Hildryn could get really op, so their shields should be balanced or the damage reduction itself. What are your thoughts?

Edit: I wanna clarify that what i meant is that the shields would protect themselves sort of, not that they should benefit from armor but being their own armor

I mean the purpose of shields in my opinion is a buffer for dmg to your hp think of it as hp that doesnt need to be healed.
So armour applying would make sense and would improve viability.
However like you said Hildryn does pose some challenge but she could be special cased to have armour work differently like reduced effectiveness on shields, or it could be converted to something like boosting max shields and overshields further (would work the same on hp like it does right now).

On 2021-06-16 at 7:56 PM, broken_knee said:

The only warframes that can survive through shields have special abilities like Hildryn's passive and Pillage, Protea's Grenade fan, Mag's polarize and others.

Actually Maggy's Polarize is really nothing Special.... It helps but it's no where near good enough to be in the same Sentence as Grenade Fan and Hildryn.... 

On 2021-06-16 at 7:56 PM, broken_knee said:

My suggestion is that shields should have a "shield armor" that functions similar to armor,

I don't like where this is going 😐.

19 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Shields have innate 25% damage resistance. They're not Valkyr's Thicc Armour levels of enhanced, but they aren't 1:1 either.

Technically True but Practically Irrelevant.... 25% is a Terrible Multiplier for literally anything in any game.... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-06-17 at 7:26 PM, Lutesque said:

Technically True but Practically Irrelevant.... 25% is a Terrible Multiplier for literally anything in any game.... 

Agreed being generous and saying everyone has 1000 shields that only equates to a 1250 shield which against a lvl 30 elite frontier lancer will soak up 22 hits (Decent but its also a fully automatic gun and theres going to be more than one shooting at you). so thats your standard for a basic enemy unit now lets look at something simular but also poses more of a threat a lvl 50 elite kuva lancer and you get a whopping 2 shots before they're gone. 

albeit with hildryns existence addressing this for other frames could be tricky

Archived