Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp- which missions play to her strengths?

Wisps true strength lies in her versatility.

You can play her as a full on support set, you can use her in Eidolon and Profit-Taker, if you use her Critical Surge Augment, you can use her as an endgame frame if you play on her invisibility and/or crowd control, she excels at mobile defense, defense, survival, spy, rescue, sabotage and is also pretty good at opening relics, exterminate and capture and she even holds her own well in the open worlds.

Seriously, Wisp brings sheer infinite potential, that is only limited by her user.

The only things I would reconsider bringing her are a few Steel Path Assassinations and Index. And even there if you build her right, she has her use.

8 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Nope.... It's still Limbo....

Don't get me Wrong.... Wisp can go toe to toe with Oberon at Baby Sitting those idiots but Limbo allows you to Completely Isolate the Defectors from the Enemies (and from the Health Station's so you need to Compensate by using Vazarin).... This in theory Allows Limbo to Scale indefinitely in Defection Missions simply by minimising the the number of things he needs to Interact With....

I have to disagree. Limbo will only be able to properly manage 1 group unless both meet at A.

Wisp can set up haste and vitality at doors and speed/ heal defectors without being present in the other room. Faster defectors is faster rewards.

I use Wisp in interception and disruption, in addition to other things.

In interception, I like to place a shock mote at each hold point so everyone has a bit extra crowd control, especially for public missions or sorties where you might be running with new players who could use the help. In addition, you can always drop a specter or two, and each one adds another five shock targets for more CC!

In disruption, all three of her flower buffs are great, including the shock mote, giving that extra layer of crowd control safety. And if things get too hairy, you can pop out a Will-o-Wisp or Breach Surge (#2-3 abilities), or just aim glide around invisible (I like to use Aero Vantage to make this easier).

And while shock motes can be a bit counterproductive in defense missions, they're actually really useful if you like doing syndicate defense mission for their high rep payout (free relic packs!). You + pet + 2x syndicate NPCs + Clem or other specters = 20 enemies in the vicinity locked down, at minimum. Health and speed motes prevent NPCs from dying and give them a DPS boost, and you can pretty much just AFK these missions while your pet and NPCs mop up.

I'd imagine Wisp's speed flowers also work well in Steel Path or sortie Lephantis since it supposedly has that per-shot damage cap.

Also, try shock motes in radiation hazard sorties for fun times (please don't do this)

Archived