Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible that having to leave groups manually after a match has a negative impact on the community?

Jarl_Baalin

An example would be that you are playing with someone and you are enjoying it because they seem to be like minded. But then after the match, they just leave. Are you likely to contact this person if they just left you?

I think that if leaving matchmaking was automatic, then there would be no doubts and you would have more confidence in contacting and asking for another match.

But of course, it could be that I'm obnoxious and that everyone just dislike me, but no one has told me yet. Though I think that people just leave groups because they are so used to it.

To add to my theory, my friend list in games like CSGO, WoW and LoL are huge compared to Warframe. In these games, you can easily send a friend request and if they respond, then there is absolutely no doubts to stop you from talking and playing together. 

Am I on to something here?

I don't want to make it sound like I am making light of your insecurities, I understand social anxiety. 

That being said, I think this would be counter-productive. I think automatically breaking up groups would lead to people continuing with the same group for missions less often, and become friends with randoms less often, and overall I think the abrupt drop of communication would confuse people, make many think they are being abandoned by fellow players, because they don't know it is an automatic system, and then we are back at square one with social anxiety and people being afraid others don't like them and thus don't send friend requests or reach out again. 

The answer is to work on your anxieties, with all respect, although I'm not saying that is at all easy. I understand having social anxiety myself. But your solution would just create more similar problems. 

On Xbox it feels like a race to leave the group as fast as possible barring rare occasions where modes (lich hunting) are hard to find groups for.

I did get one group though were they auto started dog days mission 4 about 5 times in a row.  The mission was starting before I got back to my orbiter every time (I literally went from results page to loading screen). On the 5th time I aborted. 

To be honest most of the time its not linked to that at all.

If they really dislike you they will take the time to insult you first XD and then leave.

Most tenno are in a hurry don't take it personal and don't be scared most of the time tenno are awesome.

As I said in the OP, I don't have this problem in other games.

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think automatically breaking up groups would lead to people continuing with the same group for missions less often, and become friends with randoms less often

This is something I've never experienced, people always leave. I think this is what the developers think is how it goes, but I think that it has the opposite effect.

leaving groups is really common in warframe, every single time i run fast fissures or sorties with random, when we finish the mission everyone leaves, and me getting stuck in relic picking menu, because of course you get like a ui reset when you try to launch the mission again and someone leave.

If you had fun with someone, look for recent players, and talk to him ...

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Jarl_Baalin:

An example would be that you are playing with someone and you are enjoying it because they seem to be like minded. But then after the match, they just leave. Are you likely to contact this person if they just left you?

I think that if leaving matchmaking was automatic, then there would be no doubts and you would have more confidence in contacting and asking for another match.

But of course, it could be that I'm obnoxious and that everyone just dislike me, but no one has told me yet. Though I think that people just leave groups because they are so used to it.

To add to my theory, my friend list in games like CSGO, WoW and LoL are huge compared to Warframe. In these games, you can easily send a friend request and if they respond, then there is absolutely no doubts to stop you from talking and playing together. 

Am I on to something here?

i often meet good people. i mostly only play publics. if everyone keeps leaving, then I do it too. there is seldom communication and therefore there is rarely a reason for friend requests.

And even more rarely do I find a group in public that is ready to continue playing for 1+ hour. the last example was ext void fissure. i waited a short time until everyone left the group and surprisingly everyone wanted to keep playing. was really good!

Gerade eben schrieb (XBOX)C11H22O11:

You're gonna have constant anxiety if people leaving after a mission bothers you.

It's nothing against you it's just that most people just want to do a specific mission with random people then leave and do something else when it's done.

It's all about short waiting times. besides, why wait when people keep leaving the group. or worse: someone is afk.

5 minutes ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

This is something I've never experienced, people always leave. I think this is what the developers think is how it goes, but I think that it has the opposite effect.

Personnaly i had a situation opposite to that during the mutalist incursion and it made me stick to warframe.

The story if you are interested ^.^ 

Spoiler

Oh yeah story time ^.^

During the mutalist incusion i was participating in the event my first time playing videogames after my daughter was born. My first 30 minutes to myself perfectly timed for the event. Suddently she is sick everywhere exorcist style 2m range splash dammage radius style and my girlfriend yells at me to stop playing freaking videogames ( even if its the first time in months ) so i write super fast to my fellow tenno "BRB kid , vomit everywhere" and rush to help. When i came back the mission was ended with extraction by my fellow tenno and they all stuck arround asking if my kid was allright ^.^ 

Just now, Jarl_Baalin said:

Yeah that is what I'm on to. People leaving the group creates insecurity.

It doesn't create anything tho, youa re the one who is bothered by this and unable to talk to people due your own stuff. It's far more better for you to seek help with your social anxiety rathar than chanign the entire matchmaking system because your feelings.

You mean when you go into a public game session and everyone just leave after the mission completion screen has appeared? That is the norm in Warframe. Unless you recruit your crew for specific missions like radiant relic share etc, if not everyone will just go their way and do their stuffs after a mission is completed.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

It doesn't create anything tho, youa re the one who is bothered by this and unable to talk to people due your own stuff. It's far more better for you to seek help with your social anxiety rathar than chanign the entire matchmaking system because your feelings.

You think I got social anxiety even though in the OP I mentioned that I have multiple friends in other games AND that I have opened up a very sensitive topic to the whole community. Keep your prejudice to yourself, besides I'm not explicitly talking about myself, I'm talking about what I think could be a downside to the current matchmaking.

4 minutes ago, kyori said:

You mean when you go into a public game session and everyone just leave after the mission completion screen has appeared? That is the norm in Warframe. Unless you recruit your crew for specific missions like radiant relic share etc, if not everyone will just go their way and do their stuffs after a mission is completed.

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. Could the norm impact the community negatively?

16 minutes ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

Anecdote does not equal data. 

Your "solution" would create more problems, and solve none. 

It is a bad idea. No offense. Just objectively speaking, your idea is not good. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Anecdote does not equal data. 

Your "solution" would create more problems, and solve none. 

It is a bad idea. No offense. Just objectively speaking, your idea is not good. 

Where and what is my solution?

From my experiences its not that a person dislikes another, albeit possible, its that people are all grinding or doing different things at different times and at their own personal speeds. Id say in most cases its just that people want to move onto a different activity. Being in a group also slows down some grinds while you wait for your squad to prepare or check their foundries and such rather than insta queueing with other randoms. So for some its an efficiency thing id bet.

I mostly pug in this game and ive never had a bad experience besides all the limbos running around. Never could figure out while everyone is so afraid of running pugs when most of this community is pretty solid.

You know, after thinking about it a little more im inclined to agree with you. I absolutely love railjack, but theres so much outcry and hate towards it and all the activities associated with it that when im with people and they go to the dry dock i will consciously not contact any of them again as i have to assume that they hate the content and are only there to begrudgingly farm something from the tilesets.

There has always been a lack of socialization in this game during mission and when it does it is lost when the squad chat goes away right away. I think that if it were to persist until you join another squad it would drastically change the social aspect of the game over a period of time as players got used to it.

1 minute ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

Where and what is my solution?

Now you aren't even making any sense. Not that you were much to begin with. 

In any game, you can "just friend request people" and if they accept it, there is no doubt if they want to keep playing with you or not. This is the same in Warframe.

The fact people leave a match automatically or manually has zero to do with that. 

What this is about is your own anxiety. You are afraid to reach out with a friend request, because you are worried that someone left on purpose because "they don't like you". Most of the time when someone leaves at the end of a mission it is because they want to go do something else, and they don't feel a need to explain it. 

The only real problem here is your own anxiety, but you are offering a solution for it that would hurt other players and create more problems.

Hence, it is a bad idea. 

Imagine if two shy people meet eachother, both thinking the other person isn't talking because they aren't interested.

The pressure you are putting on yourself for this tiny margin of error, is all in your head. I like to motor mouth myself, so I can promise you people generally don't give a f. 

Short of flaming, racism etc. there really is no etiquette, or maybe I just don't have any lol, but yeah if you want to talk and engage, you have to step on the field, people aren't mind readers and the other person could easily be 400% more shy than you are.

Archived