Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible that having to leave groups manually after a match has a negative impact on the community?

Jarl_Baalin

1 minute ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

No its what I think, it's not my solution. I just wanted to open a discussion about it.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa allright like thinking out loud kinda thing right ?

I get it .

Well from a programming stand point having just a tag that could be put beside the glyph that note what you are aiming at like lets say 4 choices that shows different icons

1- Regular run

2- Quick runs

3- Long runs

4- Helping others

And those icon would show up beside either their name and something like that letting you know that if they leave they are most likely to just pass by but if they are on the others meaning that maybe its linked on how the mission ended ( long runs guy leaving because someone was at extract after 5 minute of survival.)

But maybe more icons would confuse people too ^.^ 

Years ago, people actually talked and stuck together in Warframe. I don't know why its changed. Maybe because there's so much more to do that people usually have different agenda and how they want to spend their gaming session. Years ago it was basically just grinding the void and doing sorties. 

Still doesn't explain why no one talks anymore. 

Just an anecdote :

I had play WF a lot on release on my brother PS4 then I moove, don't play for months, finally I bought my own PS4 and came back to WF. During those months, the community had changed, most people leave without a word, as fast as possible... When I started we almost never talked (I m shy and dont want to make friend) but a little GG after a run was normal and many times, peoples started an other run (same mission or an other). I miss those stupid two letters :D

I don't know if this happened on other platform.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (PSN)FromOtherSpace:

Just an anecdote :

I had play WF a lot on release on my brother PS4 then I moove, don't play for months, finally I bought my own PS4 and came back to WF. During those months, the community had changed, most people leave without a word, as fast as possible... When I started we almost never talked (I m shy and dont want to make friend) but a little GG after a run was normal and many times, peoples started an other run (same mission or an other). I miss those stupid two letters :D

I don't know if this happened on other platform.

I write something like "gg" after sortie.
but to write something like that after every game ....... is totally mindless.

34 minutes ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. Could the norm impact the community negatively?

No. It's the same with riding a public transport for example a bus to school or work, everyone hops on because they have their own destination. Once they reached their destination, they will alight the bus.

6 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa allright like thinking out loud kinda thing right ?

I get it .

Well from a programming stand point having just a tag that could be put beside the glyph that note what you are aiming at like lets say 4 choices that shows different icons

1- Regular run

2- Quick runs

3- Long runs

4- Helping others

And those icon would show up beside either their name and something like that letting you know that if they leave they are most likely to just pass by but if they are on the others meaning that maybe its linked on how the mission ended ( long runs guy leaving because someone was at extract after 5 minute of survival.)

But maybe more icons would confuse people too ^.^ 

Well in a way I guess. It was to give more perspective, but if it sounded like a solution then I'm sorry.
I guess everyone assumes people create suggestions on this forum automatically. If I had a suggestion, it would be to make the recent players list less tiresome to open, but I like yours too

6 hours ago, kyori said:

No. It's the same with riding a public transport for example a bus to school or work, everyone hops on because they have their own destination. Once they reached their destination, they will alight the bus.

That is how it would be if it was automatic.
Let's say you meet a girl on the bus have a nice conversation. Then suddenly your stop is next and you have to go. Then you kind of have a reason to stop the conversation and maybe you can ask for a friend request (number)?
But if this was like Warframe, you would both leave at the same stop and she would suddenly turn a 180 at you. I don't think it's appropriate to ask for her number then.

4 minutes ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

That is how it would be if it was automatic.
Let's say you meet a girl on the bus have a nice conversation. Then suddenly your stop is next and you have to go. Then you kind of have a reason to stop the conversation and maybe you can ask for a friend request (number)?
But if this was like Warframe, you would both leave at the same stop and she would suddenly turn a 180 at you. I don't think it's appropriate to ask for her number then.

I think you are over-complicating this, and your analogy doesn't make the most sense imo. 

If you are interested in befriending people, just reach out to them. If they ignore you, move on. Until you get to know them, they are just a faceless random online, so there is no need to stress. 

I think you are missing that most of the time it is pseudo-automatic already. Players don't leave by default because they hate you, or dislike you, that's not the case at all! They do it because they need to get off at their stop. What you are hypothetically talking about (people getting off automatically) is more like making everyone get off at the next bus stop, regardless of what their final destination was, and now they have to get on another, different bus, to take them to every stop, because they don't get to stay on the bus even if they want to. Do you see what I am saying? I am not trying to bash you, just discussing your idea, which I think would only create more social anxiety and frustration, not less, and frustrate people as they now have to get off at every bus stop no matter what. 

Unless you griefed the mission or said something really offensive, no one is leaving the mission because of YOU.

47 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Years ago, people actually talked and stuck together in Warframe. I don't know why its changed. Maybe because there's so much more to do that people usually have different agenda and how they want to spend their gaming session. Years ago it was basically just grinding the void and doing sorties. 

I think this probably answers the question. It's not the matchmaking, it's because there is so much more to do now..
Maybe people talk less when they know they will be leaving after the mission.

Just now, Jarl_Baalin said:

I think this probably answers the question. It's not the matchmaking, it's because there is so much more to do now..
Maybe people talk less when they know they will be leaving after the mission.

Player fragmentation will always be a problem as the game has more stuff to do, this is true, but I think you have to consider what type of content you are doing. 

Players are more likely to stick around if it is content that is meant to be repeatable. For example, if you are doing relic runs, or a sortie, or invasions, you have a much higher chance of people sticking with you through multiple games, and maybe even starting to chat and add each other as friends. But if you are just doing one and done alerts/missions or what have you, it's not really surprising. Like you said, people have a lot of content to get through, and if they aren't doing something repeatable, they are going to leave the group, maybe give a gg if it was a longer game, and move on to the next thing. 

1 hour ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

You think I got social anxiety even though in the OP I mentioned that I have multiple friends in other games AND that I have opened up a very sensitive topic to the whole community. Keep your prejudice to yourself, besides I'm not explicitly talking about myself, I'm talking about what I think could be a downside to the current matchmaking.

And? having friends doesn't stop you from being scared to talk to someone who left the squad. You are now backpedaling in your statement about being insecure to talk to people that left the squad (in case they don't like you, your own words) and you are even trying to talk for others regarding this "issue", probably thinking that mroe people bothered by this will add weight to your claims... But it doesn't work like that.

In any case, I'm sure devs aren't going to change the matchmaking system for this, so  god luck on being more confident in the future

3 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

And? having friends doesn't stop you from being scared to talk to someone who left the squad. You are now backpedaling in your statement about being insecure to talk to people that left the squad (in case they don't like you, your own words) and you are even trying to talk for others regarding this "issue", probably thinking that mroe people bothered by this will add weight to your claims... But it doesn't work like that.

In any case, I'm sure devs aren't going to change the matchmaking system for this, so  god luck on being more confident in the future

I think I could have worded my OP much better because I don't think you understand the purpose of this post at all. I'm opening up a discussion and I have put some theories in the OP of why I think the question in the title might be the case, thats why open up with an example, what I think and my experience with other games.

@trunks013 and others have mentioned that they have met fantastic people because of the current system, this means that how it is now could be impacting the community positively, and @Hypernaut1  mentioned something which makes me think the question is something else..

Please stop thinking that I'm some insecure guy who wants to change the game. Read my post carefully.

Anyway this thread is now bloated.

I always play with 1 friend so we get 2 randoms 95% of the time this runs smooth and they leave right after mission. But what used to annoy me is ppl that go afk but stay in the group after the mission so you sit and wait 10min before they leave the party.

I grown bored of having to reform the party after each mission so now I give it 2 or so min if they say nothing I will force them into the next mission then they can leave when ever they want.

23 minutes ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

I think I could have worded my OP much better because I don't think you understand the purpose of this post at all. I'm opening up a discussion and I have put some theories in the OP of why I think the question in the title might be the case, thats why open up with an example, what I think and my experience with other games.

@trunks013 and others have mentioned that they have met fantastic people because of the current system, this means that how it is now could be impacting the community positively, and @Hypernaut1  mentioned something which makes me think the question is something else..

Please stop thinking that I'm some insecure guy who wants to change the game. Read my post carefully.

Anyway this thread is now bloated.

I wish you could read this a few months later with other POV, probably you'll understand why almost everyone, and not just me, had the same impression about your post.

6 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I wish you could read this a few months later with other POV, probably you'll understand why almost everyone, and not just me, had the same impression about your post.

No, please explain. I want to know how I made you get the wrong impression so that I can create better posts in the future.

52 minutes ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

No, please explain. I want to know how I made you get the wrong impression so that I can create better posts in the future.

Ok, I'm gonna fall fot he bait:

3 hours ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

An example would be that you are playing with someone and you are enjoying it because they seem to be like minded. But then after the match, they just leave. Are you likely to contact this person if they just left you?

I think that if leaving matchmaking was automatic, then there would be no doubts and you would have more confidence in contacting and asking for another match.

But of course, it could be that I'm obnoxious and that everyone just dislike me, but no one has told me yet. Though I think that people just leave groups because they are so used to it.

To add to my theory, my friend list in games like CSGO, WoW and LoL are huge compared to Warframe. In these games, you can easily send a friend request and if they respond, then there is absolutely no doubts to stop you from talking and playing together. 

Am I on to something here?

I highlighted the parts that made me think that is a you problem, I could add more comments but I honestly think it's very obvious, hence why I wish you could read this post with another POV in the future

8 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Ok, I'm gonna fall fot he bait:

I highlighted the parts that made me think that is a you problem, I could add more comments but I honestly think it's very obvious, hence why I wish you could read this post with another POV in the future

Add the comments because I got no idea what you are talking about.

In my OP, I'm explaining the question and setting it up for discussion.

Sentence #1 is an example, #2 is what I think the current system does, #3 is to deviate people from saying "its just you who are obnoxious", #4 is adding to what I think. There isn't a you problem at all here. In fact, I'm not saying there is a problem, I'm asking if I'm on to something.

You and @Tesseract7777 on the other hand have labeled me as insecure and implied that I only think with my feelings and that my supposed solution is wrong etc. when that is not the case at all. You have only bloated the whole thread with crap while I tried to discuss with the others who in fact made me think otherwise (which you still don't understand).

10 minutes ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

You and @Tesseract7777 on the other hand have labeled me as insecure and implied that I only think with my feelings and that my supposed solution is wrong etc. when that is not the case at all. You have only bloated the whole thread with crap while I tried to discuss with the others who in fact made me think otherwise (which you still don't understand).

Man... it's like you aren't even trying to get what he is saying. This is not a good faith discussion you are having with him here. 

With all respect, it is YOU who still doesn't understand. If you don't like people posting things you don't agree with, get a thicker skin or don't post on a public forum, it is rude to call what other people posted "crap" and I was actually trying to be quite nice to your perceived point of view in my first post and understand you, and contribute to the discussion. Then you backpedaled and started the gaslighting, and are changing your tune, but insisting you never did. Your words are there, you wrote them. They are still there, unedited. We can all see what you wrote. 

And if you wanna get mad at my response or have a thread with a civil and productive discussion, don't ping someone when they were done with the topic, and call their posts "crap", just because they apparently didn't understand you, when they were FAR from the only people who didn't get what you were saying. 

Thanks very much. 

14 minutes ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

In my OP, I'm explaining the question and setting it up for discussion.

Sentence #1 is an example, #2 is what I think the current system does, #3 is to deviate people from saying "its just you who are obnoxious", #4 is adding to what I think. There isn't a you problem at all here. In fact, I'm not saying there is a problem, I'm asking if I'm on to something.

I like this breakdown of your thinking 👍. I had my impressions (which are always subject to self-examination), and now I can re-read your original post and subsequent posts with a closer understanding of what you were going for, cutting away some of the interpretation noise. I like clarity

edit: 🤔 I think breaking down your thinking also resonates with me, since I did something similar recently and can understand the experience

3 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I like this breakdown of your thinking 👍. I had my impressions (which are always subject to self-examination), and now I can re-read your original post and subsequent posts with a closer understanding of what you were going for, cutting away some of the interpretation noise. I like clarity

Hey thank you very much!

3 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Man... it's like you aren't even trying to get what he is saying. This is not a good faith discussion you are having with him here. 

With all respect, it is YOU who still doesn't understand. If you don't like people posting things you don't agree with, get a thicker skin or don't post on a public forum, it is rude to call what other people posted "crap" and I was actually trying to be quite nice to your perceived point of view in my first post and understand you, and contribute to the discussion. Then you backpedaled and started the gaslighting, and are changing your tune, but insisting you never did. Your words are there, you wrote them. They are still there, unedited. We can all see what you wrote. 

And if you wanna get mad at my response or have a thread with a civil and productive discussion, don't ping someone when they were done with the topic, and call their posts "crap", just because they apparently didn't understand you, when they were FAR from the only people who didn't get what you were saying. 

Thanks very much. 

The irony.

Show me where I gaslighted you. And yes, my posts are unedited because I'm not trying to trick anyone, unlike you.

So... I am playing with someone and enjoying it, then after the mission they leave, would I still contact them? Yes, I frequently do, including when I am the person who leaves. Well, I mean I send a friend request. Lets say I do a 50 minute Kuva Survival or Apollo Disruption, and the team seems efficient and friendly, or I do a Relic Farm on Earth with new players who have lots of questions. The act of leaving a group isn't inherently negative or positive, people have different goals, objectives, time frames, etiquette, so on. A lot of people don't accept the friend request either, but thats not necessarily negative or cause for insecurity or discomfort either. It really is nothing personal. 

As a default, I think the current system works, especially since many missions are endless types, and its better to opt out, than force restarts. I understand OP, that you are giving examples, that do not necessarily reflect how you personally feel, but it feels like an oddly idiosyncratic position to defend against. The idea that some may potentially have doubts and insecurity. Could it possibly have a negative effect on the community? Possibly, or possibly the benefits outweigh the negatives as far as its affect, the... I think we are getting too abstract from this angle. Hence why I understand why some of the other users are confused by your position. Since a good way to talk about such changes, is to talk about how we personally, sincerely, actually, feel with such situations, rather than using hypothetical examples. 

Alternatively if this is more about the social dynamics of Warframe, and how conducive it is to creating tight knit groups and friendships, in the context of mission types, modes and how people play, especially compared to other games, well thats more complicated and a longer conversation, because of what I touched on earlier about people having different priorities, and goals. Ironically, though, its longer quests where groups are by default set to stay together, where I have found the most friendly people, because thats where you can familiarise yourself with others, and get more time to talk in text. 

4 hours ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

An example would be that you are playing with someone and you are enjoying it because they seem to be like minded. But then after the match, they just leave. Are you likely to contact this person if they just left you?

I think that if leaving matchmaking was automatic, then there would be no doubts and you would have more confidence in contacting and asking for another match.

But of course, it could be that I'm obnoxious and that everyone just dislike me, but no one has told me yet. Though I think that people just leave groups because they are so used to it.

To add to my theory, my friend list in games like CSGO, WoW and LoL are huge compared to Warframe. In these games, you can easily send a friend request and if they respond, then there is absolutely no doubts to stop you from talking and playing together. 

Am I on to something here?

No.

In CSGO and LoL in particular people typically will add anyone that plays well. I can’t say I’ve seen the same thing in warframe. My friends list is also quite small, but you kind of hit the nail on the head yourself.

Is it possible that having to leave groups manually after a match” you already know people “have” to leave. There’s no reason to take it personally.

1 minute ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

The irony.

Show me where I gaslighted you. And yes, my posts are unedited because I'm not trying to trick anyone, unlike you.

Urk. *edits posts (and tries to do it before anyone reads it) because of chronic introspection and concern that the intended message might be muddied by phrase usage, or that a response hasn’t truely taken into consideration what someone has said and, after re-reading, sure enough the original post was misunderstood and so the whole response needs to be reconsidered*

3 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

You’re just, wrong 🤷 

I can’t speak for your server, but I’ve been playing for a total of 4 years across PS4 and PC. In my experience the rate of talking hasn’t decreased in Oceania.

3 hours ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

Then you kind of have a reason to stop the conversation and maybe you can ask for a friend request (number)?

You can always ask (or don't need to ask, just add them without asking) to add anyone as friend. But seriously, I'm not sure what you are trying to do with this topic. It is so trivial that there are really nothing to fuss about. To me, you are overthinking about it. Go play the game and don't waste time thinking about such thing.

Archived