Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let me bypass the event with platinum

MistressMoonpaw

Id love if it i could just shove a load of platinum down Warframe's gullet and let me buy stuff from tactical alerts like Dog days. I HATE that particular tactical alert and to get enough pearls for the skin id need to play it for forever.

Give players the option to skip tactical alerts they dont wanna do/hate doing and still get the stuff.

you understand this is what pay 2 win means right? which DE is not so favorable to, since one of the key reason warframe is still cherished is because of it's no P2W rule. remove that and game goes downhill from that. 

18 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

you understand this is what pay 2 win means right? which DE is not so favorable to, since one of the key reason warframe is still cherished is because of it's no P2W rule. remove that and game goes downhill from that. 

Not really. Skipping an event doesn't give you a leg up on the competition.

We can already pay to skip the railjack and necramech grind, giving someone some nakak pearls because they don't have time to grind is minor by comparison.

4 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

We can already pay to skip the railjack and necramech grind, giving someone some nakak pearls because they don't have time to grind is minor by comparison.

RJ and mech only got those changes because it limits new players from getting it early on, since they promote RJ and mech now in their social media ads. So most would install warframe for playing those modes.

Skipping event grind just makes everything pointless then, why bother with any other event in future when you can just buy everything then complain content drought.

5 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

Skipping event grind just makes everything pointless then, why bother with any other event in future when you can just buy everything then complain content drought.

Purchasing things with plat isn't for everyone but folks that want to skip grind to obtain a frame, weapon, etc is already a big part of the game. If they offered such a thing it wouldn't suddenly make every player pull out their wallet and pay to skip the event. An optional feature to buy Nakak pearls or a roller ball floof bundle wouldn't damage the integrity of the game, it'd just give people who don't have hours to spend in a space ninja game playing drunken water fight the ability to get those rewards and enjoy them like everyone else at the expense of their pocketbook.

I don't see it as any more egregious as anything else already in the marketplace.

hace 1 hora, MistressMoonpaw dijo:

Id love if it i could just shove a load of platinum down Warframe's gullet and let me buy stuff from tactical alerts like Dog days. I HATE that particular tactical alert and to get enough pearls for the skin id need to play it for forever.

Give players the option to skip tactical alerts they dont wanna do/hate doing and still get the stuff.

Play forever? Dude it easly gives out 70+ in the last stage... 

Also... you hate the event but whant somthing themed after it?

Dunno if you are trolling or serious with this post... I for one wouldn't pay 100~200 pl for a event that for me lasted 20 ish mins(because i wanted only the wep skin)

In the past I asked the exact same thing on this forum with Railjack: "just let me buy a Railjack with platinum." And everyone laughed at me back then.

Don't worry, it's just a matter of time before everything, absolutely everything, can be purchased with plat, and I personally agree with that. DE wins and we all win.

15 hours ago, Dauggie said:

you understand this is what pay 2 win means right? 

What I understand is that you have no idea what the term "P2W" means. There is only P2W when it is only possible to acquire with real money a certain advantage / improvement that is impossible to acquire within the game by other means. Is paying to skip an event that everyone can do freely is P2W? I suggest thinking a little before speaking.

14 hours ago, Awazx said:

DE wins and we all win

As someone that works for a living i understand the sentiment of ye dude i don't have time for this bs grind here's 20 keep the change...

But remember that if you encourage the skip aspect , they will make the game more grindy to maximize the skip.... Look at assasin's creed exp "boost" for example... an single player game that let's you skip grind (grind that was put in by design)

Today you skip grind for 7 misions (example) tomorrow they will just make that 30 and ask for x3 pl etc

The argument of it's a free to play...spending on content like warframes weps , skins is one thing spending on literaly not playing the game asks this important question: Do you want to play this game or not?

14 hours ago, Awazx said:

What I understand is that you have no idea what the term "P2W" means. There is only P2W when it is only possible to acquire with real money a certain advantage / improvement that is impossible to acquire within the game by other means. Is paying to skip an event that everyone can do freely is P2W? I suggest thinking a little before speaking.

Remember that sniper mod that super charges first shot?(charged shot i belive) it was originaly as a reward to top x.... 

It's a slippery slope...

hace 1 minuto, kaotis dijo:

As someone that works for a living i understand the sentiment of ye dude i don't have time for this bs grind here's 20 keep the change...

But remember that if you encourage the skip aspect , they will make the game more grindy to maximize the skip.... Look at assasin's creed exp "boost" for example... an single player game that let's you skip grind (grind that was put in by design)

Today you skip grind for 7 misions (example) tomorrow they will just make that 30 and ask for x3 pl etc

The argument of it's a free to play...spending on content like warframes weps , skins is one thing spending on literaly not playing the game asks this important question: Do you want to play this game or not?

I understand what you mean.

To your question, I answer: I only want to play the things that amuse me. As OP says, paying to skip something he hates seems to me the only possible option to get what he does want, as the game does not offer alternative options.

What doesn't seem right to me is "having to do all that I don't want to get what I do want."

Don't make pay events skyforge got that (or had when i played) and they are stupid as hell as you can't get to higher up rewards unless you pay for each step in the event so its a pay for our event rewards for playing won't reward you.

1 hour ago, kaotis said:

Remember that sniper mod that super charges first shot?(charged shot i belive) it was originaly as a reward to top x.... 

It's a slippery slope...

Primed Chamber. And that may have been an event reward, but so was being able to acquire your own Ignis Wraith blueprints (from the game's system, not trading) after the event, so was the Brakk and Detron, so were many other things.

None of them, not even PChamber, were ever stated as permanent exclusives that are never to return. Only thing that applies to is the Founder Primes. Even then, with sufficient pressure DE might eventually bite the bullet and address the major sticking point of those - making bootleg versions which share the same Mastery contributions, so at least those of us who weren't around or couldn't buy in aren't stuck 12k points behind the curve forever.

11 hours ago, Dauggie said:

you understand this is what pay 2 win means right

p2w is it prime access ? or is it when they do bundles for plat that allow you to acquire weapons outside of your mastery rank ? or is it when your warframe sucks because you don't have a potato, and exillus adapter or a aura forma and you just pay 60 plat to get them all instantly ?

11 hours ago, Dauggie said:

reason warframe is still cherished is because of it's no P2W rule

its a good rule

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Dauggie:

you dont understand what p2w means............

19 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

That's never going to happen.... Atleast not completely.... Every developer that works on a Game as a Service Model knows it's better to habituate players into playing more often than it is to let them Pay to Skip...

18 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Not really. Skipping an event doesn't give you a leg up on the competition.

True.... But if you pay to Skip then once you get your Goodies you just Log Out....  You can see why DE don't want players to do that.

17 hours ago, kaotis said:

And that's what it comes down to.... 😱 !!!

You might even say we've reached that extreme already since sometimes it feels like new content doesn't even feel like Enjoyment was a Factor in its design at all....

hace 6 horas, Lutesque dijo:

And that's what it comes down to.... 😱 !!!

You might even say we've reached that extreme already since sometimes it feels like new content doesn't even feel like Enjoyment was a Factor in its design at all....

Ye... i don't know if it's an age thing or what but lately the entire game industry forgot that the aim of their games is to entertain/make players have fun ... because if players have fun they will buy the next microtransaction , the instalment etc.

DE sadly has gradually forgotten their origins and instead of giving content to players to have fun they focus on big instalments that are 6 months + apart. Instalment  that in my honest opinion are normaly underpolished and if you don't go at it solo (a lot of the bugs seem to be related to p2p) you will find 30 bugs per second until hotfix nr 3~4.

Not to mention the fictional unicorn of "balance" that is ussed to nerf to oblivion anything they deem reduces the grind.

22 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Primed Chamber. And that may have been an event reward, but so was being able to acquire your own Ignis Wraith blueprints (from the game's system, not trading) after the event, so was the Brakk and Detron, so were many other things.

None of them, not even PChamber, were ever stated as permanent exclusives that are never to return. Only thing that applies to is the Founder Primes. Even then, with sufficient pressure DE might eventually bite the bullet and address the major sticking point of those - making bootleg versions which share the same Mastery contributions, so at least those of us who weren't around or couldn't buy in aren't stuck 12k points behind the curve forever.

They won't do it. If I remembered correctly DE made a legal contract with all founders to make sure Excal Prime will never return. If they want return it, they have to make every founder to agree on that statement. We all know that a lot of the founders have quitted the game a long time ago, so they can't do it.. unless they are willing to face legal consequences.

53 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

They won't do it. If I remembered correctly DE made a legal contract with all founders to make sure Excal Prime will never return. If they want return it, they have to make every founder to agree on that statement. We all know that a lot of the founders have quitted the game a long time ago, so they can't do it.. unless they are willing to face legal consequences.

Excalibur/Lato/Skana Prime won't return, but what I'm saying is there's probably no minutia that says "We will never put an item into the game that will share Mastery credit with Founder Primes". Like how you can craft a bunch of different Zaws with one Strike part, but they all share the same credit. Excal Umbra could have done this for Excal P, for instance.

I feel like the constant 'when excal p' complaints would but cut back a lot if that happened. It's a small drop in the bucket, but to obsessive bleeding-edge progressors it's irritating enough that they might be trapped an entire content update behind the 'achievable' MR cap because there's just enough with that extra 12k to hit the next. DE had to be careful to add enough masterable content that everyone 'could' hit the big 30 in the same update.

16 hours ago, kaotis said:

Ye... i don't know if it's an age thing or what but lately the entire game industry forgot that the aim of their games is to entertain/make players have fun ... because if players have fun they will buy the next microtransaction , the instalment etc.

I think that's something to consider whenever a design trend starts to become ubiquitous.....

It would be interesting if I atleast knew of a single developers who admitted to resorting to these things because their Publisher made them do it.... 

DE sadly has gradually forgotten their origins and instead of giving content to players to have fun they focus on big instalments that are 6 months + apart. Instalment  that in my honest opinion are normaly underpolished and if you don't go at it solo (a lot of the bugs seem to be related to p2p) you will find 30 bugs per second until hotfix nr 3~4.

Yeah Deadlock Protocol was like that for me.... It was the first Update I ever played on launch day and it was Extremely Frustrating !!! 😠

Not to mention the fictional unicorn of "balance" that is ussed to nerf to oblivion anything they deem reduces the grind.

It wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't lie about it like they think we are Stupid. I think the Xoris one was especially Disingenuous.

On 2021-06-17 at 7:13 AM, Dauggie said:

RJ and mech only got those changes because it limits new players from getting it early on, since they promote RJ and mech now in their social media ads. So most would install warframe for playing those modes.

you call this content though? its not really new. This is the third time it rolls around? Fine, only allow someone to bypass repeated events with plat, not completely new ones.

Archived