Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dev workshop updated] So Helminth and Parazon changes what do you think?

0_The_F00l

[Update]

The workshop is up for Parazons and Helminth ,

Overall i am slightly disappointed for them, but not really impacted. Like a cousin that everyone had hopes for deciding to quit college cause he wants to spend time with his girlfriend RNGena.

I absolutely dislike the invigoration mechanism which are basically Rivens for warframes ,

The only part i like is the ability that can find medallions, and the fact that the the whole thing is optional (i hope),

and feel parazon changes (along with impact) are too little to be effective.

[original]

So The Dev workshop has been delayed ,

but its interesting that there are changes for parazon and helminth upcoming.

Sure there's only 2 days to wait ,

but hows about putting down thoughts of what those could possibly be ?

heres what i think :

Parazon:

Special finisher moves that can do more than just "stab face", maybe "Stab face and use body as flail to damage enemies around you for true and psychological damage"

Convert enemies to your cause.

Helminth:

Augment infusion - instead of depending on mod slots make it intrinsic or unlock a mod slot exclusively for augments.

Base attribute mutation - edit things like armor , HP, Energy , shield etc. by adding or removing attribute points.

17 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Convert enemies to your cause.

Nyx: oof, not another one better than me

on another note,

Helminth changes might be hit or miss as i still have scars from mark for death nerf and nerfs to larva and roar before helminth release, not gonna have any high hopes for new helminth additions just incase  

I'm guessing it'll just be more parazon mods and the long requested "enemies sit in the finisher state briefly" suggestion plus more innate Helminth abilities.

But who knows they could throw us a curveball and turn parazon finishers into a way to farm Requiem mods and grant us the ability to subsume pets and augment them with Helminth.

I'm not too excited considering Helminth has permanently damaged Warframe identity and DE doesn't seem to want to address that at all. I was hoping Helminth additions would also come with core system changes like a higher MR lock, some abilities being reviewed, etc.

Now helminth can only keep one ability. It'll also forget that ability once you use it on another warframe. We believe this will add more challenge for tennos who've been asking it for quite a while. Oh you also need to feed it every day or it'll permanently die.

As for parazons, in the old system, you're required to push one button to activate finishers. Now it's a combo of qte button presses. If you fail the combo, enemies will finisher kill you instead. We believe this will add more stakes and excitement for tennos who've been asking it for quite a while.

Also, parazon will be separated from hacking device. Now you can chose if you want to equip hacking mods or killing mods on your parazon. So if you bring a killing parazon to a spy mission, you're basically #*!%ed. We believe focusing on preparation aspects have been asked by many tennos for quite a while.

hard to say until the dev workshop actually happens.

regarding Parazons, I'm mainly hoping for new finisher animations, Parazons are already in an OK spot for me as helpful utility with Hacking, and finishing some enemies. more than likely the changes will come in the form of new mods, but what they could be, who knows.

regarding Helminth, I imagine there will be new innate abilities added, hopefully these ones will be a bit more useful than the current ones: Perspicacity is only useful for people who don't know how to hack, Infested Mobility and Marked For Death need SERIOUS buffs to be worth an ability slot, and does anybody even use Expedite Suffering? can't say as I've ever been in that much of a rush to not let Procs do their thing naturally. beyond that, they already revised resource costs so I wouldn't expect any lessening of the grind here. 

Parazon: Reworked trigger mechanics so this is actually able to be used. Enemies that trigger Mercy state stay on the ground like Thralls do for 5 seconds or so in order to give you a chance to use the Parazon without the enemy getting nuked. Also, Parazon mods Blood for X will be massively buffed in order to encourage Parazon use.

Helminth: I just expect more abilities. They could be brand-new abilities, or legacy abilities that were retired from the game on past frame reworks.

Ability changes: Perspicacity and Master's Summons will be fused into a single ability.

Stats based innate helminth abilities.

Probably to buff primary weapons. Could also be lich based stats abilities or even railjack.

I feel like, why would it come out now if it wasn't meant to support relevant content. Probably some type of crutch for a problem they didn't know what to do with.

2 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

Stats based innate helminth abilities.

Probably to buff primary weapons. Could also be lich based stats abilities or even railjack.

I feel like, why would it come out now if it wasn't meant to support relevant content. Probably some type of crutch for a problem they didn't know what to do with.

I know this isn't what you were going for but your post gave me the thought of subsuming our liches. Which would be absolutely evil and hilarious.

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Helminth:

1) Augment infusion - instead of depending on mod slots make it intrinsic or unlock a mod slot exclusively for augments.

2) Base attribute mutation - edit things like armor , HP, Energy , shield etc. by adding or removing attribute points.

1) Should be by default not via Helminth and I don't think they would do it.

2) People are not happy about it and call it Power creep. I guess slight changes might be good (e.g. pick 2 stats and one goes down one goes up => +25% strength -25% duration OR -30% armor + 30% speed)

I guess, as people already said, they will add new abilities.

Few things would nice but I'm not sure about it added (they haven't changed Helminth soo...). Things like:

- buying abilities for a cheaper prize (e.g. <1/4 of frame's prize - like 50-100 plat)

- searching via frames

- augment system (you add augments to Helminth and every frame can use it; e.g. energy regen on kill - just stupid example)

I don't expect much there, I hope they spent more time on overall balance than those two. (For what it's worth anyway, PvE is and will be a mess regardless of the changes they make, it's just too far gone. And last year's changes kinda left a bad taste already.)

Parazon: If they only make it so you can actually stab some enemy while they're already in an animation, that'd already be a plus in my book. Tried using Gorgons with mag refill once and was not impressed.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Whatever they do, it Absolutely Will Not Be These:

Parazon

Soul Transfer - Performing a Finisher Revives your Companion

Helminth

Masters Summons - now also respawns dead companions (including sentinels)

And it's okay.

We don't need these if sentinels gets oneshotted anyway at level 100 or past.

Just now, fo3nixz said:

maybe primes this time in stead of normal ☠️

Doubt it

I feel like the reason they only allow Normal Warframes to subsume, not Primes, is to encourage Market Purchases of those frames; which benefits DE.

Primes on the other hand, are bought from Other Players; which benefits DE less. -yes prime access is a thing, but that is time limited and isn't going to have the same mass-purchase-to-feed-helminth effect as some of the Grindier Normal Frames did.

Id say more abilities added to Helminth because the Design Council was asked for Helminth abilities at some point last year (cant check that again as I dont have access anymore), there were a lot of pages of suggestions.

I always thought the "unlocked Sumbsume slots" were useless... like players are gonna subsume most if not all available frames, why does those unlocks exist?

Hopefully they change those.

The parazon... Eh, maybe we'll get thrall like enemies so we can actually stab things in normal missions.

Archived