Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack 3.0 is really good, how could it be more integrated into the core game?

I'm one of those players who despised Railjack on launch and the enormous new grind it brought to the game. But coming back to the game now and getting reintroduced to Railjack (3.0) through Sevagoth's quest and parts farming, I got totally hooked. Ended up farming my own Railjack with repaired mk3 parts, and it's one of my favorite game modes now. I'm very hyped for Corpus Liches in Railjack. 

I mean sure, there's some annoying parts still, but overall I can see a bright future for WF if Railjack could get weaved into the core loop of the game and it becomes something more akin to Sea of Thieves, where instead of another separate content island, Railjack would be this integrated part of the star chart, where you can move from one planet to another through Railjack space and the empyrean missions became more like dynamic events that happen as you travel through space, or quests/bounties you can pick up at relays or whatever. Like one seamless solar system. Railjack could simply replace the orbiter.

I'm just not sure how (if) that could be done in a way that provides meaningful rewards and gameplay for those who want to do it, while not disrupting the experience of those who just want to choose missions from their orbiter console? Maybe it's just not feasible for Warframe to be that game anymore at this point? I just find it a little bit of wasted potential for Empyrean to be another isolated content island in the game when it's basically the same star chart for both. 

Inb4 Railjack is hated by 101% of the community and should be removed and DE has abandoned it.

[spoiler] Might be a bit hard to do, tiles would have to be adapted and loading times will certainly be greater if that's done, however.[\spoiler]

What unfortunately I could see in the last update were bad things in the last update. The railjack configuration interface has been transformed into a screen that looks more like a configuration of some warframe or weapon. Very long missions with huge maps, new railjack corpus weapons very bad. The cryophon rework that got bad, too many orhpix missions...railjack equipment that no longer needs improvement...the grind was non-existent and just a few missions for the ship to be strong or almost invincible. I didn't particularly see any improvement in this update... it was for me in my opinion the burial of the railjack.

It's extremely easy to build a railjack in less than 1 day. For me it was the "endgame"... now that's unfortunately over.

No more challenges, no more farm gears....its everything pointless now.

9 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

What unfortunately I could see in the last update were bad things in the last update. The railjack configuration interface has been transformed into a screen that looks more like a configuration of some warframe or weapon. Very long missions with huge maps, new railjack corpus weapons very bad. The cryophon rework that got bad, too many orhpix missions...railjack equipment that no longer needs improvement...the grind was non-existent and just a few missions for the ship to be strong or almost invincible. I didn't particularly see any improvement in this update... it was for me in my opinion the burial of the railjack.

It's extremely easy to build a railjack in less than 1 day. For me it was the "endgame"... now that's unfortunately over.

What are you talking about?

the MR 4s couldn't get their railjack after a month of playing!

That was just absurd, I'm so glad they decided to make the entirety of making a railjack and maxing it out into a grind that is doable in 1 very dedicated day.

/s

Tweaking the void storms to be more of a reason to do them long run (either multi relics easier, or "overcharge" to boost chance of rares) would help make that loop more enjoyable to the base game. 

It still needs to be flushed out to include Infested in my mind.  This could see a relook at the Dark sectors to make them something more interesting rather than the husks they currently are. 

Then expanding out invasions so the grineer, corpus, and infested interact then in proximas. 

24 minutes ago, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

What are you talking about?

the MR 4s couldn't get their railjack after a month of playing!

That was just absurd, I'm so glad they decided to make the entirety of making a railjack and maxing it out into a grind that is doable in 1 very dedicated day.

/s

This game mode was supposed to be the "endgame" of veteran gamers....now it has been transformed into a taxi simulator for casual gamers. That's the truth.

44 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

While I do agree some of those new missions are very long, that's just regular WF gameplay like defense thrown into the mix. And stuff like obnoxious defense tilesets that aggravate the problem. As long as rewards reflect that length, it should be fine in the end. Obviously that still needs to be tweaked. 

But I disagree that making the grind for Railjack shorter and more accessible "killed" it. The original Railjack grind as it was envisioned was horrible. Going through the empyrean star chart upgrading from mk1 to 2 to 3 until you finally got to a point where your Railjack felt powerful and good to play with and could kill stuff better than your archwing could. Grinding mind numbing missions isn't endgame for me, once I actually complete those missions, get geared up and can do more challenging stuff with it, that's what I consider endgame. Like regular star chart has say, Arbitrations or Steel Path, both of which I love. Empyrean just sort of lacks that atm, other than maybe farming some anomaly shards for cosmetics. Going through the empyrean star chart isn't endgame, there should be an endgame at the end of it. Like the normal star chart has. Maybe Liches will fill that void. 

EDIT: I mean, in terms of enemy levels, it only gets remotely "endgame" challenging at Veil Proxima

1 minute ago, Vaml77 said:

This game mode was supposed to be the "endgame" of veteran gamers....now it has been transformed into a taxi simulator for casual gamers. That's the truth.

yeah i hate it, exactly like you said it was supposed to be for veterans, that's why it took nearly a week just to get the thing crafted

helminth was also supposed to be for veterans by being locked behind MR 14 but they decided to make it available as soon as you reach rank 3 with the entrati

I don't even think new players should be able to go to the Nekralisk when they unlock deimos, the heart of deimos quest should be locked behind the second dream quest. Half of the stuff that happens in the heart of deimos doesn't make any sense without the knowledge from the war within.

Honestly speaking, I forgot about the existence of Railjack, Necramech and open worlds. Granted, I haven't played much in the last year or so. But I think they are terrible terrible implementations obviously DE had no idea how to expand and include in the base game. At least that's what is clear to me now that the dust has settled.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

I don't even think new players should be able to go to the Nekralisk when they unlock deimos, the heart of deimos quest should be locked behind the second dream quest. Half of the stuff that happens in the heart of deimos doesn't make any sense without the knowledge from the war within.

Heart of Deimos is available early on, but afaik to access Necraloid and Necramechs you need to complete the Second Dream. Which means a chunk of the Deimos lore only becomes available then as well, through the Albrecht recordings. Although I do agree parts of that quest can become confusing before Second Dream/War Within, and possibly lead to spoilers for players trying to make more sense of the story by reading explanations online afterwards. 

1 minute ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Heart of Deimos is available early on, but afaik to access Necraloid and Necramechs you need to complete the Second Dream. Which means a chunk of the Deimos lore only becomes available then as well, through the Albrecht recordings. Although I do agree parts of that quest can become confusing before Second Dream/War Within, and possibly lead to spoilers for players trying to make more sense of the story by reading explanations online afterwards. 

No, they need to complete The War Within.

Also, you need to be MR8 to build the Helminth Segment. Or purchase from Son.

20 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Even the idea of being able to control the necramech would be confusing since they don't know what transference is

yeah i hate it, exactly like you said it was supposed to be for veterans, that's why it took nearly a week just to get the thing crafted

helminth was also supposed to be for veterans by being locked behind MR 14 but they decided to make it available as soon as you reach rank 3 with the entrati

Railjack can't be both seamless transition DE envisioned and endgame at the same time.

Railjack was always a taxi, but the grind obscured that truth.

You can thank the rant crowds for that. DE listens too much to EVERYONE and tried to accommodate the full spectrum of the player base with at least some gifts of inclusion. The whining is simply too high level for discipline to be a thing.

1 hour ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

Railjack can't be both seamless transition DE envisioned and endgame at the same time.

Railjack was always a taxi, but the grind obscured that truth.

Fake Taxi.

Oohhooohohhh yeeaaah.

I also love how my Warframes are taxis too. They are taxing the Operator inside.

Painful, just so painful.

Bugs...bugs as far as the eye can see. Warp screens that never end. Missions goodies that get revoked due to warp screens that never end. Missions that require you to force quit just to get out of them. Having to go to Dojo after every single mission so you don't lose the goodies you just got from a mission. Total buzz kill. 4 players who really want to enjoy the missions who are forced to become bitter at how many BUGS are ruining each mission.

Just no. I and so many other tennos wanted to enjoy this, lots of us are still seeking each other out to do the missions, but everyone knows its a barren wasteland of no crews to join. It should be renamed to DiscouragingBugsJack.  

Don’t make us do random PoI’s to do a literal basic mission thing

Make more stuff into railjack (kuva liches, assasinations, etc)

The big one could be railjack missions in sorties. Hear me out boys- it would be a good idea because it could offer more gameplay with unique modifiers. Also everyone has an arch wing so it would be accessible to those that can do sorties. While I can hear people argue “but no one does pub railjacks” it would encourage more to get a railjack, thus unlocking that content for themselves. It might require more to get there, but with the addition of more missions into railjack such as spy or survival, I think it could be done. By having a single mission be a railjack one, it could open up a ton more possibilities. Also it won’t mean the sorties would always have a railjack mission- only once in a while maybe to start.

its a shame how they treated railjack, i want to like it, but before there was nothing to do, now its just basicly normal missions, we need a railjack 4.0, that's more space based, with battlefields, and stuff and not "show up, enter ship, space part done"

I respect that you like Railjack and I can understand that feeling, I felt the same at first, but the light does not last long. Railkack suffers from the same thing all major DE updates have suffered in the last 3 years - it's a good idea poorly implemented. It's just bad.

From its inception (and may change in the future) it was a system designed to be a "game within the game", another isolated world within Warframe. Wrong.

As with the "open worlds" PoE and Vallis, Railjack is NOT a true open world. Your ship moves inside a 4 player space box and once you have killed (N) number of enemies, you only have to get out of the box. Wrong.

Railjack missions suffer from the same evil as all other Warframe missions: ----> Go to point N, ----> kill Y -----> Exit mission ----> Repeat to do the exact same thing. Wrong.

However, the problem is not Railjack as such, the problem is the way DE works; PoE, Vallis, Deimos, Railjack, Lunaro, Conclave, Liches, what have added value to the central core of the game? Warframe has tried to expand in all directions, but has failed to do any of them well. It's not Railjack, it's DE.

Unless you want to suggest we can call in the railjack like a chopper gunner in Call of duty after a kill streak...

Call Of Duty Warzone GIF by NVIDIA GeForce

Jokes aside, dynamic events sounds terrible. I don't want random event clutter getting in the way of the mission I want to do on mars just because I finished a mission on earth a minute ago.

Railjack will always be a content island. Its nothing but blueprints you only need once and ship parts that you'll scrap after completing a MK III ship loadout.

Railjack resource materials only feed into more railjack items. Feeding them to Helminth is just an expensive resource sink compared to Deimos resources.

Void storms are irrelevant for people that just want to open relics fast. They'll never beat a 2 minute exterminate or capture.

one of the best ways would be to add true Squad Link for some missions, or failing that, have your AI crew step in (useful if there are no squads around to help)

- for regular tileset missions you could call upon your railjack crew to scramble enemy systems, preventing Alarms/Lockdowns, disabling all cameras on the tileset or make automated security such as turrets and MOA cabinets friendly.

-  for Open World missions, you could call in an artillery strike, an Ammo Drop, or close air support to deal with dropships (dropships can be tough in higher level bounties).

- some mission types could be given new ways in which to complete them: Sabotage for example could have you reach the reactor to place a beacon on it in order to have the reactor destroyed by an airstrike. you could find caches in missions and then put a teleporting device on them to warp them to your railjack, allowing the crew to salvage the contents, things like that.

- Allow multiple relics to be opened in Void Storm Missions: instead of having to wait on Reactant, static pillars of unstable void energy could appear, and you have to select your relic, put your relic inside and defend it until it opens. 

for what it's worth I still would like to be able to raid ships like a true space pirate: I guess the upcoming Railjack Spy comes pretty close, but probably won't be as combat-oriented as I'd like. looking forward to the Lich encounters though, and here's hoping that some time in the future, Mercury, Deimos and Eris can become Railjack Proximas for the Infestation!

Archived