Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lavos Augment Suggestion: Alchemical Engineering

(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1

Suggestion

Lavos Augment
Alchemical Engineering
After an ability cast with an infused element applied to it, all of Lavos' weapons gain a 100% Damage buff (scaling with strength) of the infused element for 20 seconds (scales with duration). Casting a new infused ability overwrites the previous buff.

Thoughts? 

Edit: Alchemical Engineering V2

After an ability cast with an infused element applied to it, all of Lavos' weapons gain a 100% status buff (scaling with strength) of the infused element for 20 seconds (scales with duration). Casting a new infused ability overwrites the previous buff. This status buff causes all weapons to have a chance on hit (scaling with strength) to apply the corresponding element on top of any other statuses your weapons would proc. Beyond 100% status, it has a chance to apply multiple procs at once. 

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Suggestion

Lavos Passive Augment
Alchemical Engineering
After an ability cast with an infused element applied to it, all of Lavos' weapons gain a 100% Damage buff (scaling with strength) of the infused element for 20 seconds (scales with duration). Casting a new infused ability overwrites the previous buff.

Thoughts? 

Overly exaggerated for a Passive ability. No frames have "Damage increasing" passives that grant that much bonus to all damage sources. 15% at most with a single damage source.

7 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Overly exaggerated for a Passive ability. No frames have "Damage increasing" passives that grant that much bonus to all damage sources. 15% at most with a single damage source.

I mean... Nidus' Abundant Mutation Passive Augment increases his damage by another 400k I think?  It could be an ability Augment for all I care . It being a passive Augment just makes the most sense. 

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

I mean... Nidus' Abundant Mutation Passive Augment increases his damage by another 400k I think?  It could be an ability Augment for all I care . It being a passive Augment just makes the most sense. 

In Nidus case its a mechanism, its part of how the frame works and why his skills start out doing so little damage. He also has to build up the stacks in order to gain said damage bonus, it doesnt start out a flat 400% and it also isnt affected by Power Strength.

Something like free status proc of selected element would be nice for Lavos.

Afair proc chance is calculated based on highest damage. I personaly don't care about damage so much. I would like to see that status proc on enemy. So even weapon has low status it should still proc.

9 hours ago, quxier said:

Something like free status proc of selected element would be nice for Lavos.

Afair proc chance is calculated based on highest damage. I personaly don't care about damage so much. I would like to see that status proc on enemy. So even weapon has low status it should still proc.

Yeah. It could be...

After an ability cast with an infused element applied to it, all of Lavos' weapons gain a 100% status buff (scaling with strength) of the infused element for 20 seconds (scales with duration). Casting a new infused ability overwrites the previous buff. This status buff causes all weapons to have a chance on hit (scaling with strength) to apply the corresponding element on top of any other statuses your weapons would proc. Beyond 100% status, it has a chance to apply multiple procs at once. 

THIS would compliment his kit more because it would help him with his 4 and would allow him to make use of his unique status duration stat. It would also, as you said, allow him to not be limited to status weapons. 

I thought it'd be cool to make the element be decided by what Lavos currently had queued up for his next ability, but that's effectively an infinite duration.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Yeah. It could be...

THIS would compliment his kit more because it would help him with his 4 and would allow him to make use of his unique status duration stat. It would also, as you said, allow him to not be limited to status weapons. 

I thought it'd be cool to make the element be decided by what Lavos currently had queued up for his next ability, but that's effectively an infinite duration.

As much as I like the idea of giving Lavos a Toxic-Lash-style non-mixing element/status to increase flexibility of status from weapons (e.g. how Saryn can apply Viral and Toxin without the extra Toxin getting absorbed into just being more Viral) I think unless Lavos gets some improvements to the base kit usability for the same purpose it's going to be a bit too mandatory of an augment to have that be the only way to improve diverse status spreading.
With the cooldowns and the lack of proper range scaling on Vials, the other abilities really don't mesh right with Catalyse at the moment.

3 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

As much as I like the idea of giving Lavos a Toxic-Lash-style non-mixing element/status to increase flexibility of status from weapons (e.g. how Saryn can apply Viral and Toxin without the extra Toxin getting absorbed into just being more Viral) I think unless Lavos gets some improvements to the base kit usability for the same purpose it's going to be a bit too mandatory of an augment to have that be the only way to improve diverse status spreading.
With the cooldowns and the lack of proper range scaling on Vials, the other abilities really don't mesh right with Catalyse at the moment.

Yea, you're right. Status spreading for his 4 as it is can only be done effectively by Cedo. It's a shame that you gotta rely on a single weapon rather than his kit be stand alone like Saryn. This Augment would be quite mandatory, but I think that in and of it self shouts a problem. Even with max range, his kit isn't built around the four even though it seems to hint that it is.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Yea, you're right. Status spreading for his 4 as it is can only be done effectively by Cedo. It's a shame that you gotta rely on a single weapon rather than his kit be stand alone like Saryn. This Augment would be quite mandatory, but I think that in and of it self shouts a problem. Even with max range, his kit isn't built around the four even though it seems to hint that it is.

It won't be mandatory because you are introducing only one status. Time to change status would be too slow to "spread" things.

On 2021-06-17 at 4:38 PM, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Too excessive for a passive, even if it's a good idea. I would change this to something like this:

After an ability cast with an infused element applied to it, all of Lavo's weapons get 50% of their total damage are changed to the infused element for 20 seconds.

This won't increase the total damage of the weapons, but instead will make them have half of their damage change to any element that the player wants, making the weapons more versatile for different factions and enemies.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

I think this would be a good idea, but none of these values should scale, to remain balanced (considering this is a passive with basically constant uptime) and consistent with other passives that do not scale with mods.

Venom Dose, Shock Trooper, Smite Infusion, and most Augments that have stats scale. It doesn't have to be a passive Augment. 

4 hours ago, ElecDeathblade said:

After an ability cast with an infused element applied to it, all of Lavo's weapons get 50% of their total damage are changed to the infused element for 20 seconds.

You'd effectively be reducing the damage you build your weapon for. You'd be reducing your slash damage. It need to be a bonus on top of whatever you have bc otherwise you sacrifice too much. Read the edited option. It gets no damage bonus. It's purely a chance to proc an additional status on top of the stuff your weapon already does. 

10 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Venom Dose, Shock Trooper, Smite Infusion, and most Augments that have stats scale. It doesn't have to be a passive Augment. 

I’m aware that augment stats scale, but passive augments don’t (see Abundant Mutation and Rumbled). If this isn’t a passive augment, it would need to be tied to actually doing something with the ability, which could be good if your buff was based on the amount of enemies hit by the ability (X% buff of that element per enemy hit for Y seconds). 

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

I’m aware that augment stats scale, but passive augments don’t (see Abundant Mutation and Rumbled). If this isn’t a passive augment, it would need to be tied to actually doing something with the ability, which could be good if your buff was based on the amount of enemies hit by the ability (X% buff of that element per enemy hit for Y seconds). 

Rumbled does scale with strength and armor and health. 

38 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Oh I said the wrong augment. I meant Rubble Heap, the passive augment.

That's because abundant mutation and rubble heap apply to abilities that already have factorial scaling. 

I.E Virulence gets its damage increased by about 400k by abundant. If it scaled, it'd be a 2 factor scaling. 

Rubble heap only does times 2 because landslide already has scaling on damage and with Rubble heal scaling, it would have 2 factor scaling. 

Those mods don't scale due to circumstance. 

Lavos Passive Augment could be scaling bc it would not have two factor scaling. Passive augments haven't been shown they have to be weaker. They just can't cause unintended double factor scaling. Due to all the Augments for passives thus far being this way, people think passive augments have to be this way (non scaling or weaker). In reality, people are coming to that conclusion even though the passive augment sample size is incredibly small bc they're quite new. It's coincidental that all the passive augments thus far can't scale. 

Archived