Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give option to hide my Mastery rank

Xikto

It is always a bad moment when i try the help a new player and they are intimidated by me being mr30, or times that when i attempt to help a new player making a mistake and they call me a toxic elitist player, or any other situation involving mastery rank, so please just let me hide the mastery rank and equipment levelings!

(yeah i totally know they will not do/listen but at least i tried)

2 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

It's very likely the way you speak to them yea.

it is text m8, if they could hear me, they would probably be a lot nicer, but when you tell a new player "building gas on grineer might not be a great idea" and "i can help with that" some people are nice ofc, but even the relatively rare case that they get offended because i am high mastery is worth saving in the long run given how it can be improved upon, i didn't exactly say this is a common occurrence but the mere possibility of it being harmful is worth saving when it can be.

Well if you're really saying "building gas on grineer might not be a great idea" then I can imagine they get offended. You could try asking permission to give advice. Not everyone is willing to hear another player tell them what to do. Regardless of MR.

Just like generic brand sodas, people's ego come in many shapes, sizes and flavors. If their responds to your advice are hostile, ignore them. Stuff happens and it's not your responsibility to cater to all of them. You don't lose anything when they refuse your help.

If just like you said you are not being hostile yourself, which I believe, those that actually listen will really appreciate it. That's how I managed to play this game this far (I still remember the guy that helped me). So don't stop doing what you are doing.

Being mr30 I've yet to have this problem, although I only help people when they ask for help. Imo if people do their own thing, mistake or not, just leave them be (unless they hinder a mission progression in some way) if they decide they need help, they'll ask for it themselves. Also, you never know if they're really making a mistake or just trying things out.

And if they ask for help and then agro on you anyway, they have a lot more problems than making mistakes in a video game.

38 minutes ago, acevezwing said:

Just like generic brand sodas, people's ego come in many shapes, sizes and flavors. If their responds to your advice are hostile, ignore them. Stuff happens and it's not your responsibility to cater to all of them. You don't lose anything when they refuse your help.

If just like you said you are not being hostile yourself, which I believe, those that actually listen will really appreciate it. That's how I managed to play this game this far (I still remember the guy that helped me). So don't stop doing what you are doing.

Terrible advice. 

If his advice is unsolicited you will trigger people, even nice people. Not everyone iwants to hear from someone else what they should be doing. Asking them is much better, then they can always say no. He thinks he's being nice, but I'm sure in the minds of others he's being a $&*^. Communication is two way. Responsibility lies in the sender as well.

1 hour ago, Xikto said:

It is always a bad moment when i try the help a new player and they are intimidated by me being mr30, or times that when i attempt to help a new player making a mistake and they call me a toxic elitist player, or any other situation involving mastery rank, so please just let me hide the mastery rank and equipment levelings!

(yeah i totally know they will not do/listen but at least i tried)

jesus, please stop !! Maybe the problem must be u, also i'm mr30 and i dont have that kind of ploblem >:D

Haha, I am MR 11 and I react like those mentioned. I don't want advice if I did not ask for it. Some people have good control of their emotions. But I am guessing a large chunk of people are like me being emotional rather than rational. 

Then again, is it troublesome to type "Let me know if you want to know how damage types work" ?

Archived