"Finding Squad" Frozen

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

Question

Lately I have a problem with Matchmaking

where I'll select a mission

but it'll just sit there forever at "finding squad"

it seems to be trying to connect to some other session and just freezing up

it doesn't 'give up' and just create a fresh session with me as Host

note that this is Different from the usual mission prompt where I am Definitely Hosting a new Session and there's the option to press Square to start or X to wait for players.

it's behaving as if I'm in Client mode, but just failing to connect

Cancelling out and reselecting the mission doesn't fix it, unless I wait a few mins for whatever Host it was failing on to lose priority in matchmaking

Any settings I can be adjusting to avoid this coming up so often??

3 answers to this question

15 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Lately I have a problem with Matchmaking

where I'll select a mission

but it'll just sit there forever at "finding squad"

it seems to be trying to connect to some other session and just freezing up

it doesn't 'give up' and just create a fresh session with me as Host

note that this is Different from the usual mission prompt where I am Definitely Hosting a new Session and there's the option to press Square to start or X to wait for players.

it's behaving as if I'm in Client mode, but just failing to connect

Cancelling out and reselecting the mission doesn't fix it, unless I wait a few mins for whatever Host it was failing on to lose priority in matchmaking

Any settings I can be adjusting to avoid this coming up so often??

I don't know what the button would be on PC but on PS4 when I have this issue I just press the "start timer" button even if it doesn't show it on screen and it will start the countdown.

If I go to join a random mission and then host bails or the group is filled neither of which I can tell then I get put into a state of limbo.     It searches for other players but even if I try to force start the mission it usually ends up with me being solo and nobody joining.   

Instead of force starting I always back completely out of navigation and then open nav, pick the node, and it usually works like normal.  I never have to wait.

Im on ps4 and that does not happen often...  I dont think you CAN do anything to prevent the issue.   Its because of what happens to the squad you were joining or whatever.  

How often is it happening to you??   For me its like once every 3 days? 3 weeks?  I dont know lol.   When it does happen im usually doing something like Invasions or syndicate missions or sorties,  something where a ton of people are being directed to play.  

Archived