Sometimes i dont understand trade chat

They're trying to fish for the not very smart players who will blow thousands of plat on a riven.

They can tell what kind of person they're dealing with based on your offer. They buy rock-bottom low and sell sky high to maximize plat.

I would ignore most that don't set their own price.

• Like 4

Even in Warframe Market some people will still try to low-ball you. It's the major reason why riven prices there are usually twice or even thrice the "actual" price.

Edited by GuardWarg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Deminisis said:

They can tell what kind of person they're dealing with based on your offer. They buy rock-bottom low and sell sky high to maximize plat.

But if i have plat i will gladly pay for the stuff. If they cant give a price then its their lost. They can waste  time fishing for idiots rather than doing a normal trade.

• Like 1

There are no set prices.

The value of any item is only what one person is willing to pay and what another is willing to except.  

People with plat dont wanna trade stuff for low prices.  They can afford to just sit on things and ask for top dollar.   

--------

Use your chat filters to see what you wanna see hehe.   

When I have things I want to sell I dont post WTS messages.   I add that item to my FILTERS. 

DO NOT show = "WTS",  "Rivens"

DO Show = everything I want to sell...  

That = only showing me people who want to buy the crap I have.   Then I just message them with a price I am happy with.   It depends but most of the time I refuse any counter offers.   Sometimes I give a price AND say things I would be willing to trade for.

If you do sell something then remove it from the filter

---------------

Cheapskates and or people with no plat are to lazy and or dumb to sit in trade and make plat,  to lazy to go get the things themselves.   So they have no idea the work involved or the true value of things.   Thats why people ignore you or block you when you give stupid lowball offers.   You basically want it for free.  

====================

You know whats sad??  Alot of veterans have massive stockpiles of plat they would like to give away.   But there are so many things in-game and out of game working against you if you decide you want to try to give it away in contests or something lol.    If you try to do stuff on the forums, nobody sees it, and the message gets moved to some black hole of the forums where nobody would ever find it.   If you try to run a contest in-game you get blocked and called a scammer because thats usually what is being done. (game shares 4 plat,  discount coupons,  moron streamers)

===============

The only advice I can give to newbs is to master the use of Filters.   If you want to know the value of stuff set up a filter like

DO SHOW "item name"

This will only show people buying AND OR SELLING that specific item.   You can see what broke people are offering for it,  And you can see what the guys who have it are willing to sell it for.   Take the average.    I see people trying to sell stuff for insanely stupid prices all the time lol.  But whatever, those guys make my prices look good lol.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Cheapskates and or people with no plat are to lazy and or dumb to sit in trade and make plat,  to lazy to go get the things themselves.   So they have no idea the work involved or the true value of things.   Thats why people ignore you or block you when you give stupid lowball offers.   You basically want it for free. 

Pretty much. Major reason I price my stuff 50% to x4 my target price particularly on rivens to scare off players with low plat and most low-ballers. The low-ballers that do still do business will usually end up buying my stuff in my intended price.

Edited by GuardWarg