Helminth Grows a New Appetite: 30.5 Update!

1 minute ago, Yaldabaoth_ said:

No one is forcing you.

agreed, but imagine that all your weekly buffs are for frames you despise playing or that the buffs for frames you like are worthless to you. i know you arent loosing anything, but it would sure feel like it.

New helminth levels sound great! However I am not so excited about leveling up 5 more times by only feeding Helminth, invigorating frames, and replacing abilities on  frames over and over. 

Subsuming was a great (the best?) way to level up Helminth, both with respect to affinity as well as function (you get a new ability to add to a frame, hooray!). However, I've already subsumed all abilities now and effectively "wasted" that Helminth affinity.

Could there be a script created to award Helminth affinity based on the number of frames subsumed? Perhaps not enough to level up all 5 times (there is enjoyment in working towards something), but enough to cut the grind time down. Would be amazing :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

INTRODUCING: INVIGORATIONS

Son has been busy developing new bio-technologies for Helminth. Visit SON in the Necralisk on DEIMOS to obtain the New Segment required to upgrade your Helminth to perform a new operation: Invigorations! 

Our main objective with this system expansion is really simple: give players a way to engage with Warframes they may not have used in a while!

Here’s how it will work:

Every week, your Helminth will have an Affinity toward 3 Random Warframes. You can interact with Helminth with these Warframes to gain select Weekly Buffs (one Offensive and one Utility/Defense)! For example:

Zephyr: 200% Power Strength and Immune To Status
Atlas: 200% Primary Critical Chance and +1000 Armor
Excalibur: 250% Melee Damage and 75% power Efficiency

These will be drawn randomly per player. Tenno can check their Helminth during the Weekly reset to see what Invigorations are available for the week. Once you infuse the Invigoration, it lasts the week before the power of the Helminth wears off. 

To give players some control over what will be very powerful buffs, the Helminth takes note of your interactions - for every 10 Invigorations you do, you’ll be able to Select what Warframe receives the next buff! 

As of now, the Segment will cost 30,000 Entrati Standing and will be available once you hit the rank of Family. Get your Family tokens ready, Tenno! 

this wont fix the base problems with the frames at large. to me i hate this its random slot machine tactics as a form of a distracting bandaid over a cavernous wound. the frames have to be fixed first for me to be excited for them to be randomly buffed for a while to have especially if i have no choice in which 3 it chooses. what if i don't have that frame. does it chose from the group in my inventory? or the whole inventory? a lot of question to shout into the wound......

• Like 2

While i think the INVIGORATIONS is maybe a good idea on paper allow diversity of frame playtime, maybe also help new players progressing a bit faster if they have one of the early frames in the buff rotation for the week.

but overall if you look at system like that is not really needed, could be just placeholder fix for frames that you want to rework for the future because reworking older frames is much better option than this system indeed but will require a lot of time/feedback and work, and for already strong frames this system will push them even further but why, the game is not hard enough to make people push for such things, sure there is so many min maxers out there but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter, you can ignore the whole helminth system and still finish every content in the game, it's just an experimental system for vets that want to experience new things because we have nothing else to do in the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkvramp said:

what if i don't have that frame. does it chose from the group in my inventory? or the whole inventory?

it works like arbitrations, it will pick from all frames, including the ones you do not have. 

Most likely as an.. 'incentive' to get them, but not even +500% power strength or duration will fix some frames <.<

• Like 1

I like the invigorations, i might actually play other frames then the ones i now normally use.

For all the people who talk about meta etc the question, how many times do you need the arbitration bonus frame and weapon to be allowed to play in that arbitration? I have never heard that as a requirement!

• Like 2

So yeah I know people posted about this already but there's need to be a system for retroactive XP, I already got my helminth fed with every single warframe in the game, I already put all the skills combos I wanted in the warframes I use, I simply don't have anything to do to add more XP into it, some kind of system to consider all the XP spent into the helminth must be made otherwise for people like me who "finished" the helminth won't be able to level it up in a proper manner.

• Like 2

Lol. A lot of these people who are complaining about invigorations can be boiled down to. 

"I'm used to this thing, I don't want to stop using this thing." 

As for the argument with arbitrations. That buff lasts a whole 1 mission. Why would anyone change a build for 1 mission and the mission are only endless types. A week long buff is a totally different mindset. 

For a week you can do something with that time it will change. Like People are so scared to change their precious meta it's so sad. 

Like wow gate keeping match making because of a lack of buffs is some next level cringe especially since plenty of abilities already have stat caps for their effectiveness. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

Also you didn't replied,
Do you think this system will make people use bad warframes, considering that's the reason why DE want add this in the first place.

And do you prefer something added hurting a portion of community instead leaving it like that and actually rework those bad frames?
I doubt you ever desired this system, I wont find you making a suggestion about this anywhere. And you seem to have missed the warframe rivens thing and why it get rejected.

'Cause this system is very close

We're not using kuva to roll these. It's nothing like a warframe riven. Many people have plenty of extra resources as well.

And there's no bad frames because the game isn't rocket science and the player determines how good something is.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tenzarin said:

I really can't wait for this warframe riven system to go live so I can have op warframes each week and not have to deal with kuva ever.

except you'll get frames you dont give a f about, and you'll get buffs that dont benefit your play style. at least with rivens you'd eventually get something usable and get to keep it.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

We're not using kuva to roll these. It's nothing like a warframe riven. Many people have plenty of extra resources as well.

And there's no bad frames because the game isn't rocket science and the player determines how good something is.

if rivens didnt use so much kuva, we'd have plenty of kuva. its a resource the same as every other resource. and no, there are some frames that are rly quite bad (bad doesnt mean unusable) and would really benefit from a rework. ive had hydroid mains call hydroid bad so its not just about a frame being good if there are people who like it.

The random invigorations buff sounds horrible (most of the comments to this workshop seem to agree) low end warframes like frost, atlas, valkyr, hydroid ect that this seems to be aimed towards need abilty and kit reworks not randomized buffs even if these warframe were to get permanent versians of these buffs im not gonna start using them becasue their abilty functions and synergies are the issue not the stats well maby a little bit the stats but definitely mainly the abilities themselves 

Also your gonna see the issue of peaple picking buffs with game content eg. eidelons recuiting asking for only volts with +power stength invigoration buffs. And event matchmaking will be a whole lot more toxic and aggressive with peaple wanting to go as high/long as possible in endurace events looking for only certain warframe with buffs active. Leaderboards are gonna come down to luck becase say you use the most optimal build and team combination but just can't beat the teams holding top leaderboards positions because lady luck hasnt been kind to you and given one of the frames your using for the event an invigoration buff

Same thing with arbitrations if i see atlas/banshee get a stat buff im not bringing them i just keep using my rhino/wukong/nezha/baruuk ect a warframe who preforms better than those warframe without a buff because their abilities make them more enjoyable/fun and flat out better for the current content pool

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PSN)mrBloodshotAtWar said:

The random invigorations buff sounds horrible (most of the comments to this workshop seem to agree) low end warframes like frost, atlas, valkyr, hydroid ect that this seems to be aimed towards need abilty and kit reworks not randomized buffs even if these warframe were to get permanent versians of these buffs im not gonna start using them becasue their abilty functions and synergies are the issue not the stats well maby a little bit the stats but definitely mainly the abilities themselves 

Also your gonna see the issue of peaple picking buffs with game content eg. eidelons recuiting asking for only volts with +power stength invigoration buffs. And event matchmaking will be a whole lot more toxic and aggressive with peaple wanting to go as high/long as possible in endurace events looking for only certain warframe with buffs active. Leaderboards are gonna come down to luck becase say you use the most optimal build and team combination but just can't beat the teams holding top leaderboards positions because lady luck hasnt been kind to you and given one of the frames your using for the event an invigoration buff

Same thing with arbitrations if i see atlas/banshee get a stat buff im not bringing them i just keep using my rhino/wukong/nezha/baruuk ect a warframe who preforms better than those warframe without a buff because their abilities make them more enjoyable/fun and flat out better for the current content pool

i dissagree with atlas, with a good setup you can get landslides dealing upwards of 200m damage, while being invulnerable. but i agree with your general opinion.

id also say that rhino needs a tweak (not a full rework) since he is just a walking roar buff rn, since his 4 isnt all that useful outside of raids, and there are easier ways to tank more damage. ive heard people say rhino is just a worse nezha and i agree.

Edited by -MG-CephalonCinnamon

- Titania's Helminth ability, already gives status immunity. So you guys probably should entirely change that for something else. 

- Some of the Helminth abilities don't seem like something that should ever take up an ability slot.  

I.E. (swapping passives, or re-distributing base stats:)

> Trading shields for armor: this would be awesome as a "permanent" base-stat redistribution. (not actually permanent, just a Helminth change to the base stats of a Warframe, and not an ability swap. Should be reversible just like all other Helminth infusions).

Spoiler

I use the decaying dragon key at times, to lower my shields on purpose so that I can benefit from rage more directly. So something like this as a base-stat change, would be lovely for me... But I would absolutely never consider to swap any ability for this. If an ability/Warframe is bad enough that it needs this as an ability, then you guys just need to re-work that Warframe/ability. 

> Status immunity - It would be worth considering, if it was just a "passive ability swap" or some other sort of Helminth "base stat buff" for warframes. 

Spoiler

I can't ever see this ever being worth an entire ability slot, BY ITSELF. Especially not when Titania already gives status immunity, and it can be given to allies, plus disarms when cast on enemies, all in one single ability.... 

Not to mention that I could also just use arcanes or mods (which offer permanent immunity/resistance) if I'm worried about a specific status effect in a stage. So why would we EVER replace any ability for this? Doesn't matter how useless any other ability was, we still wouldn't want to spend energy or Helminth resources simply for "temporary status immunity" alone. 

Ty for reading this, DE~

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RivaAurelius said:

Edit: I'm also fairly certain you ran a script to correct the amount of flowers in the Helminth room at one point, why not run a script to ensure people get the rank that properly reflects the contributions they have made to Helminth?

2 hours ago, (PSN)RWalls91 said:

You read it right, early adopters are shafted. I think it's disgusting, if they can run a script to correct the number of flowers in your helminth room to the number of warframes you've subsumed, they can run one to calculate the exp those warframes would provide to the helminth. Might not rank it to 15 but at least it would be better than the kick in the teeth.

But hey it's fine, we can all get XP for the Invigorations that nearly everybody hates.

And they can check what infusion you have. It won't be precise (we can infuse many times) but it would still be "something".

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

PARASITIC ARMOR (11)

Sacrifice Shields to reinforce Armor for a period of time

HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12)

Grant yourself immunity to Status effects.

VORACIOUS METASTASIS (13)

Consume Energy to heal yourself and grant matching Energy to each ally.

SICKENING PULSE (14)

Emit a pulse that adds stacks to Status Effects already afflicting enemies, except Bleed or Toxin effects which are duplicated with fresh timers.

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

Send out a short-lived Void Spark that is drawn toward the nearest Medallion, Ayatan Sculpture, unscanned Kuria or unscanned Fragment.

I wish there were more interesting & synergetic abilities. Only 4th & 5th sounds interesting.

Our main objective with this system expansion is really simple: give players a way to engage with Warframes they may not have used in a while!

Here’s how it will work:

Every week, your Helminth will have an Affinity toward 3 Random Warframes. You can interact with Helminth with these Warframes to gain select Weekly Buffs (one Offensive and one Utility/Defense)! For example:

Zephyr: 200% Power Strength and Immune To Status
Atlas: 200% Primary Critical Chance and +1000 Armor
Excalibur: 250% Melee Damage and 75% power Efficiency

These will be drawn randomly per player. Tenno can check their Helminth during the Weekly reset to see what Invigorations are available for the week. Once you infuse the Invigoration, it lasts the week before the power of the Helminth wears off. 

To give players some control over what will be very powerful buffs, the Helminth takes note of your interactions - for every 10 Invigorations you do, you’ll be able to Select what Warframe receives the next buff! 

As of now, the Segment will cost 30,000 Entrati Standing and will be available once you hit the rank of Family. Get your Family tokens ready, Tenno! 

If frame is boring & hard to use then no mater what I (and probably some people) won't use those frames.

Let's compare Xaku & Loki. I like disarming but I prefer Xaku's version and their kit. Loki for me is boring (press 4 and disarm all enemies) vs more active disarming of GOL (I need to disarm it many times so it's less boring... with max-gun-no-replace nerf it's harder but still possible). Soo I could get e.g. +100% range for Loki. It would make Loki even more boring for me.

And I need to wait 3 weeks to get frame I want... Assuming that I "do this" 3x times per week. And even I get my favorite frame... I could still get things I don't really need (e.g. duration on Xaku).

I don't feel like I will ever be able to use this system.

Does your Helminth Rank automatically increase when the new 5 Ranks are added?

- No. The new Invigorations will give XP/Affinity toward Helminth in addition to normal feeding and Subsume/Infusion actions! There won’t be any automatic rankups based on the current vs new Level Cap. 

Way to punish early adopters, like always. Thanks so much 🙄

• Like 5

INTRODUCING: INVIGORATIONS

No DE. Just no. RNG buff weekly? I can see the chat already: "LF ESO Saryn/Volt/Rhino Str Invigorations". Want to do this content but don't have the require buff? Too bad. Wait for next week RNG or go solo.

HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12)

Grant yourself immunity to Status effects.

You do know that Titania Spellbind and Nezha Firewalker exist and subsumable right? RIGHT?

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

Send out a short-lived Void Spark that is drawn toward the nearest Medallion, Ayatan Sculpture, unscanned Kuria or unscanned Fragment.

What is this? Ayatan Sculpture? Kuria? Fragment? Medallion? And rank 15 Helminth? Do you know how many frame you need to subsume and/or feed the helminth just to reach rank 10? New players who need/want to find fragment, medallion,... can't unlocked this. And veterans who probably don't need those or have better way to find them already. This is not an ability. This is a gimmick for lazy people. This ability is as useful as Warm Coat. I bet you doesn't even remember that Warm Coat is a mod.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, L1ghtZer0 said:

What is this? Ayatan Sculpture? Kuria? Fragment? Medallion? And rank 15 Helminth? Do you know how many frame you need to subsume and/or feed the helminth just to reach rank 10? New players who need/want to find fragment, medallion,... can't unlocked this. And veterans who probably don't need those or have better way to find them already. This is not an ability. This is a gimmick for lazy people. This ability is as useful as Warm Coat. I bet you doesn't even remember that Warm Coat is a mod.

Now that you mention it, yeah, not really worth a power slot.

Maaaybe as a mod.
Like a unique Loot Radar mod that gives them their own unique icons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

Elite Sanctuary Onslaught has leaderboards?

Ohh yeah doesnt it give rew.. or wait a second! it doesnt give anything! 

What a fantastic thing to aim for! yeeeeeeey.

Does those boards even have a hall of all time fame? or just hard reset every week? 

either way.. "ohh yeah, that exists" As said, like warm coat.. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, quxier said:

I wish there were more interesting & synergetic abilities. Only 4th & 5th sounds interesting.

I only liked #3 as a Warframe ability. (Trade energy for health, and give energy to allies)

4 & 5 do sound interesting, but I'd only consider using them as an arcane/mod for a companion. 

> #5 would only be useful 1-3 times per mission, unless you already have all the scannable items, and then it's only useful if an ayatan statue actually spawns in said mission... I wouldn't want to take up an entire ability slot for an ability that might even be (literally) useless. 

> #4 could be useful, but it seems like something that should go on a companion/pet, or a weapon arcane. Not as an ability that you'd need to spend 25-50 energy on, every 10-30s... Talk about a huge energy sink. Not to mention that this is only gon a be worth using with Saryn/ember, or other nuke warframes, or AoE nuke weapons.... But Saryn & ember can already simply re-apply those status effects. So that makes me think that we're getting an ability just to make our weapons more functional...? Then why not just *shoot more*?

Now that I've thought about it more, #4 sounds just as bad/pointless/redundant as "status immunity"

Edited by Maka.Bones

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

As others have pointed out this needs to also work on Sabotage Caches and Rare Containers. Kurias and Fragments are a one-and-done deal which means this ability will have less use if you're already done with those (which, since this is Rank 15, will be almost everybody). Sabotage is a repeatable game mode, so it needs to work with those at minimum.

Maybe it could help you find Derelict Vault Doors too.

Edited by Fireshock
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Fireshock said:

As others have pointed out this needs to also work on Sabotage Caches and Rare Containers. Kurias and Fragments are a one-and-done deal which means this ability will have less use if you're already done with those (which, since this is Rank 15, will be almost everybody). Sabotage is a repeatable game mode, so it needs to work with those at minimum.

Maybe it could help you find Derelict Vault Doors too.

Thiss.... so much this^ To begin with, it feels like something that should be on a companion (maybe like an arcane or a mod). Though if they added sabotage containers, derelict vaults, and rare containers as well, THEN it might actually be worth putting on your warframe since a companion might not be fast/responsive enough. 

• Like 4