Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Grows a New Appetite: 30.5 Update!

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

INTRODUCING: INVIGORATIONS

Because random Frame/weapon buffs worked really well in Arbitrations, right?

Bad idea transformed into bad design will lead to a lot of headache for you guys. Nothing invigorating found here.

On 2021-06-18 at 9:56 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

Send out a short-lived Void Spark that is drawn toward the nearest Medallion, Ayatan Sculpture, unscanned Kuria or unscanned Fragment.

So if I have scanned all Kuria, all Fragments (Frame Fighter Data, Somachord Tones, everything), and have already grabbed the Ayatan that was sitting behind me at spawn... does this ability just.... do nothing?

What about rare containers, reinforced crates, sabotage caches? (Someone also suggested Orokin Vault Doors (the ones that require Dragon Keys), which I think is a great addition.)

If there is nothing left to find, will there be some sort of obvious indication either visual, or auditory, or better yet both?

Yeah these rng invigorations are a bad idea

4 minutes ago, Zykk said:

So if I have scanned all Kuria, all Fragments (Frame Fighter Data, Somachord Tones, everything), and have already grabbed the Ayatan that was sitting behind me at spawn... does this ability just.... do nothing?

What about rare containers, reinforced crates, sabotage caches?

If there is nothing left to find, will there be some sort of obvious indication either visual, or auditory, or better yet both?

This should be an exilus mod or an item, not an ability. Just nerfs your gameplay options. Plus like you said once used it's a waste of an ability.

37 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Is there a system to track our current Helminth experience points, or will we all have to "start" at Rank 10?

The best way to rank Helminth was subsuming Warframes, but that is no longer an option for me.

Worried about this too, I've already subsumed every warframe available.

The new abilities are good, but I do not like Invigorations.

I don't think it will have the intended effect. People will just use it on the good Warframes to make them even more powerful, and will cause RNG imbalance between players which is never fun, especially in things like events and raids (if you ever add them back). This system should not exist, there are other ways to incentivize the use of different Warframes that do not cause insane power creep or are based on RNG.

Edit: one example would be if invigorations gave the player a loot buff for only that player if they used the invigorated Warframe. This would not affect other players or make you stronger than them, but would give you an incentive to use different frames. Other things like that would work as long as they do not affect the players power or other players.

Edit 2: I think I would be fine with invigorations if it were a daily instead of weekly thing. That way you can get the selected buff in a much more reasonable ammount of time. But I think it should be disabled for events and possibly some endgame content if it is still going to give power increasing buffs. But even then, there is still the issue with squads requiring certain invigorations for missions which is very very bad. And I don't know how to resolve that issue.

So, has been said already, but Invigorations are bad, if you want to make players use certain frames more often, then take the five least used frames of said players and give them the buffs. But RNG is always bad. 
That first new ability is kinda trash, when you consider that we have shield gating.

Second ability is outshined by the Titania ability, which does the same and more.

Third Ability seems wild. If you can pull that off and strike the right balance of how much energy is transferred to teammates, this could very well become one of the best abilities.

Fourth ability is another obsolete one, since we can just use our weapons to do it. Better.

Fifth is a blast though, love it.

Oh my god, your kidding me. First of all, may I ask who enjoys the random buff to a specific weapon or frame that arbitrations have? While no one takes advantage of that (unless it’s specific abilities) that’s ok because well, it’s only for a mission. You are talking about a WEEKLY BUFF that makes playing that frame good for that week. While I don’t see a bunch of casuals like myself, how about new events with competitive leaderboard. How am I gonna compete with a an excal who kills things in 1 second with my Lavos? There’s power creep everywhere, but this is BS. You are talking about a weekly buff, that makes playing any other frame actively hurt you. While yeah, limbo is better at mobile defense than say khora, at least if I bring khora I’m not handicapping myself because they’re both good at that mission type. That is what this new system does. You could have handled it so much better, and don’t be surprised when you have to nerf it in the future. 

RnG PowerUp is a bad idea, especially when you're stuck with it for a week, the ones in arbi work because you're not gonna spend a day min-maxing for the bonus, you just happen to notice you got the boost by chance when you hop in with the frame/weapon by sheer luck, or maybe it falls on a weapon you're not currently using but you have already modded so you swap to it, meanwhile helminth doggo shows up to enable a weird build that won't work without it because you have time to theory craft, it won't matter for frames such as atlas, since you know you could give him 400% base power strength and most won't care, but when you get that juicy buff on wisp, oh boy you're a buffet of buffs alright, this won't make people commit to playing one (or 3) frame a week since people don't stick to 1 frame for most missions anyway, like if you're doing spies you won't bring mesa (you could and it's super easy to do them anyway but it isn't her specialty)  you won't bring excal when you're solo farming for ressources on a survival, you bring a loot frame, and 5000% power strength won't incentivize you to bring him out instead if your main objective isn't goofing off.
let's be honest for a minute, if this system gets rolled off as is nothing major will happen, a few yt vids will show off some quirky builds then the novelty will wear off and the system will take a background seat until one week you got a meta pick in your choices, you just pick it and don't notice it for the rest of the week

I hate to jump on the dog pile, but I gotta agree with what basically everyone has been saying: invigorations sound bad, on essentially every level. From the randomness to the weekly powercreeped frame, I don't like a single thing about it.

Every week, your Helminth will have an Affinity toward 3 Random Warframes. You can interact with Helminth with these Warframes to gain select Weekly Buffs (one Offensive and one Utility/Defense)!

Please no.

I don't want to play a game of chance for warframe buffs...

Having to roll for 3 out of 46 frames each week sounds terrible.

I would feel better if you just scrap this whole Invigoration system.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

First of all, may I ask who enjoys the random buff to a specific weapon or frame that arbitrations have? While no one takes advantage of that (unless it’s specific abilities) that’s ok because well, it’s only for a mission. 

I enjoy them. I always wanted them to vary more than Strength, it's fun cobbling together a custom busted build for whatever current roll. More fun than tryharding with the same stuff all the time.

That said, it's fun in moderation. I'm not so sure about globally and weekly-rotating.

I love the new helminth abilities. However, I think that the invigorations needs to go back to the drawing board. This is a system that will cause more exclusion and exclusivity for some events and adds way too much random power. I can understand wanting people to play other frames, but I don't think that this is the way to do it. What if instead of random week-long buffs, the invigorations system made small but permanant changes to the warframes that we wanted. For example:

Permanantly sacrifice some shields for some armor.

Permanantly sacrifice 15% strength for 15% range.

Our warframes are made from the helminth strain so it makes sense that he can alter our frames a small amount. Make it take some time where we cant use that frame, he is essentially rebuilding part of the frame, so it takes an hour or something, and make it possible to undo these changes in the same amount of time. Have a section of the helminth infirmiry where we can see the frame as it's getting worked on (maybe on the wall to the right when you walk in the door).

The idea of using helminth to improve our frames is cool, but it needs to be changed away from the overpowered rng system that it currently is.

Just now, TheLexiConArtist said:

I enjoy them. I always wanted them to vary more than Strength, it's fun cobbling together a custom busted build for whatever current roll. More fun than tryharding with the same stuff all the time.

That said, it's fun in moderation. I'm not so sure about globally and weekly-rotating.

That’s my point. It’s not like your taking those to a sortie and clearing it in 10 minutes. It’s ok if it’s for a single, isolated mission, but not for a whole danm week or even a single day.

I agree with the other players. It's horrible.
I understand you want to diversify the gameplay.
Make sure that players do not use only one warframe.

But INVIGORATIONS won't do that.
But it will be much more difficult to assemble a group.

this seems like a cool idea but it will work about as well as it did with arbitrations
in other words not all

people will spam them out to get maybe a useful buff to a frame they play every 3 weeks
and occasional they will rng something that they can actually use

a much more interesting and fun version of this would be getting much lower strength to the level of like 30% str, +50% crit chance ect or similar that you can permanently infuse but this infusion functions like a slot and can be replaced with a later infusion or outright removed

invigorations is just the scrapped Warframe Rivens you were going to add until the community begged you not to, but now time limited & more gambling than even a riven

for the golden instinct please do add somachords, glass fish, rare containers, jupiter fragments, family tokens (the ones lying around in caves) & orb vallis debt bonds (both fragment & the ones you pick up with X in caves)

Well... that's a bummer. This is everything but what I was hoping for...

Son has been busy developing new bio-technologies for Helminth.

Reading this made me really hopeful it'd be about companions, at least pets to make all their abilities interchangable per type to avoid having a local zoo on the ship:

• Predasite & Helminth Charger
  • Vulpaphyla
  • Kubrow
  • Kavat

Each of these would simply have complete access to all ability mods. So the Players could just have one pet per type, switching their abilities whenever needed similar to MOA. Not to mention gaining some side-effects: extra ability, slots or stats increase. Or long-awaited Sheldon's take on pets.

Or the fact that for a moment it gave a small glimpse of hope addressing the long-dissatisfying Sentinels. Idk, buffing them via the Helminth using Alad V's Mutalist strain to affect robotics or altering their weapons in an infested style. Mutalist MOA 🤷‍♂️

WF abilities look interested, though. Although I'd prefer if there was an aura («Deplete own Shields to increase allies' Energy pool» or «Convert 100% of your Shields into extra armor for you and allies») to intentionally deplete shields in favor of energy or armor on a permament basis (as long as the mod is installed), as there are some Rage-based builds where having Shields is very counter productive and the only way to reduce them is by equpping the Dragon key.

Every week, your Helminth will have an Affinity toward 3 Random Warframes. You can interact with Helminth with these Warframes to gain select Weekly Buffs (one Offensive and one Utility/Defense)! For example:

Zephyr: 200% Power Strength and Immune To Status
Atlas: 200% Primary Critical Chance and +1000 Armor
Excalibur: 250% Melee Damage and 75% power Efficiency

uh oh, is that the "this breaks my build" alarm going off?

Seriously, random boosts you cant control weekly? i already hate the void fissure buffs for doing this, the range and strength can break many builds, this is just all the bad of that with 0 good.

Archived