Helminth Grows a New Appetite: 30.5 Update!

On 2021-06-18 at 9:56 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

INTRODUCING: INVIGORATIONS (AKA RNG Weekly Warframe Riven Passives)

Son has been busy developing new bio-technologies for Helminth. Visit SON in the Necralisk on DEIMOS to obtain the New Segment required to upgrade your Helminth to perform a new operation: Invigorations! 

Our main objective with this system expansion is really simple: give players a way to engage with Warframes they may not have used in a while!

Wasn't the introduction of the Helminth segment it self the original intention for this? If we are going to keep throwing more band-aids at the game again, why not give players a less temporary and non RNG solution to trying to artificially create interest in a Warframe we not have used in a while. Like swappable passives that we can unlock through leveling up our Helminth, that apply to our Warframe in the same way we subsume new/different abilities to each Warframe. We have quite a few Warframes out there with some very useless and quite gimmicky passives. I would enjoy being able to swap them out for some utility buffs. 

Here’s how it will work:

Every week, your Helminth will have an Affinity toward 3 Random Warframes. You can interact with Helminth with these Warframes to gain select Weekly Buffs (one Offensive and one Utility/Defense)! For example:

Because RNG always goes over well in WF. 

Zephyr: 200% Power Strength and Immune To Status
Atlas: 200% Primary Critical Chance and +1000 Armor
Excalibur: 250% Melee Damage and 75% power Efficiency

Like having a weekly riven applied to a random Warframe but by RNG's lucky trio selection. 

These will be drawn randomly per player. Tenno can check their Helminth during the Weekly reset to see what Invigorations are available for the week. Once you infuse the Invigoration, it lasts the week before the power of the Helminth wears off. 

Didn't get the Invigoration you wanted this week? Try again next week to see what your chances are for further power creep and trivialization of the game.  

To give players some control over what will be very powerful buffs, the Helminth takes note of your interactions - for every 10 Invigorations you do, you’ll be able to Select what Warframe receives the next buff! 

Yay?

Edited by (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK
  • Like 2

I really don't mind the invigorate option as much as other people do. Like I haven't been kicked out of an eidolon hunt before because I lacked Blind Rage for my Chroma Prime. Like I haven't been denied a spot in a squad doing Steel Path because I didn't have Heavy Caliber to get the maximum DPS the squad leader insisted on from my weapons. Like I haven't turned entirely to solo play, outside of doing capture fissures in public for the chance at fast rare rewards, because people in this game expect perfect meta builds for just about everything. "Well, the invigorate will make it worse!" Yes, except to jaded people like me who play solo and will now be able to easily accomplish team oriented missions, like Tridolons, without investing a billion hours into a perfected Volt, or a hundred plat into buying mods for weapons. Everyone is acting like the invigorate buffs are going to ruin the game, but frankly I don't think there's anything that can ruin the game with how terrible armor scales right now. Killing stuff on Steel Path without an absolutely perfect meta build is like yanking teeth, and if I can get a 300% power Mesa buff to ease my way through the Steel Path, especially with the new arcanes and such coming out, I'll bloody well take it. Rivens were a way more problematic addition to the game, imo, and the game is still going strong.

• Like 1

With the fact that you are moving the helminth segment to rank 5 of the entrati syndicate and that Golden Instinct will be the final ability don’t you think that’s strange? This is an ability aimed at people who are earlier in the game, if I have already hit rank 15 with my helminth I don’t think “where’s a kuria?” or where is an ayatan sculpture?” is gonna be on my priority list when infusing abilities into frames. Why would I waste a whole ability slot for something I can only use once and might be useless? I have every fragment (except for vallis somachords), kuria, I’m maxed in my syndicates and I have 20+ of the ayatan sculptures you find in game, why would I ever want this ability? 

Some people suggested adding caches which I honestly think is kinda dumb but it improves the usability of Golden Instinct so maybe. 

What happens if there is an ayatan sculpture, a cephalon fragment, a kuria, a somachord fragment and a medallion all in one mission???

7 minutes ago, (NSW)albadicentra said:

With the fact that you are moving the helminth segment to rank 5 of the entrati syndicate and that Golden Instinct will be the final ability don’t you think that’s strange? This is an ability aimed at people who are earlier in the game, if I have already hit rank 15 with my helminth I don’t think “where’s a kuria?” or where is an ayatan sculpture?” is gonna be on my priority list when infusing abilities into frames. Why would I waste a whole ability slot for something I can only use once and might be useless? I have every fragment (except for vallis somachords), kuria, I’m maxed in my syndicates and I have 20+ of the ayatan sculptures you find in game, why would I ever want this ability? 

Some people suggested adding caches which I honestly think is kinda dumb but it improves the usability of Golden Instinct so maybe. 

What happens if there is an ayatan sculpture, a cephalon fragment, a kuria, a somachord fragment and a medallion all in one mission???

Going back through that video, I thought Reb mentioned that it was an upgrade to the existing Helminth segment? Sort of like the one for the Incubator, which lets you breed Kavats ( In that it enhances what that thing does).

• If so, that means in order to get the upgrade, you'll likely need to have purchased or installed the base Helminth segment first from an earlier Entrati rank.

As far as Golden Instinct goes, I think it'll still be of use here & there; If there's multiple targets for it to search for, maybe it'll just fly off after the nearest one? Not sure if it'll go through walls / floors or ceilings in the process though. The thought of it reminds me of the small light of energy in those Isolation Vaults, when Loid is unlocking them.

• That being said, I do think it would be nice if the ability could indicate if a rare / reinforced container spawned on the map, even if it doesn't give you a direction to it; For those needing Codex scans of them, that would be good as a hold-to-cast function, or augment for the ability if Helminth augments were a thing.

Just some food for thought.

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Going back through that video, I thought Reb mentioned that it was an upgrade to the existing Helminth segment? Sort of like the one for the Incubator, which lets you breed Kavats ( In that it enhances what that thing does).

• If so, that means in order to get the upgrade, you'll likely need to have purchased or installed the base Helminth segment first from an earlier Entrati rank.

As far as Golden Instinct goes, I think it'll still be of use here & there; If there's multiple targets for it to search for, maybe it'll just fly off after the nearest one? Not sure if it'll go through walls / floors or ceilings in the process though. The thought of it reminds me of the small light of energy in those Isolation Vaults, when Loid is unlocking them.

• That being said, I do think it would be nice if the ability could indicate if a rare / reinforced container spawned on the map, even if it doesn't give you a direction to it; For those needing Codex scans of them, that would be good as a hold-to-cast function, or augment for the ability if Helminth augments were a thing.

Just some food for thought.

I agree with the rare container stuff I'd love for it to work on those so I can complete the scans indeed! But yes golden instincts will be good for people like me cause I still have a ton of Kuira's, fragments & stuff to find..

Edited by (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20
  • Like 2

On 2021-06-18 at 3:31 PM, -NovaUmbra- said:

Invigoration's are HORRIBLE, please please remove this ASAP, instead of giving us random power creep for frames which can Divide Matchmaking and ruin the COOP experience, rework the underused frames instead and offer some interesting mechanics and stat buffs instead of this RNGness.
We are DANGEROUSLY Close to Rivens for frames. This is NOT good. REVERT ASAP

It would be nice to see Frosts Globe survive higher lvl enemies.

• Like 1

On 2021-06-19 at 11:11 PM, Graavarg said:

One way of keeping this fair is by setting the Helminth "almost rank 11" amount to having all current warframes subsumed. Anyone having already subsumed them all starts there, anyone starting out with the Helminth will have to subsume them all to get there.

I have ~44 subsumed and many infussion (some replace another) and I HAVE level up to 10 long time ago. 1 level up is a joke.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

I agree with the rare container stuff I'd love for it to work on those so I can complete the scans indeed! But yes golden instincts will be good for people like me cause I still have a ton of Kuira's, fragments & stuff to find..

True, I still have a few of those left to find as well (Especially all those missing rare / reinforced scans!), but even then I think I'd still consider using the ability when there's something else to look for.

I am curious if Helminth ability augments could be a thing though, as far as "expanding" the Helminth goes. But going even further; If the Helminth could swap passives, that opens the door for original Helminth-based passives that can be infused to replace a frame's existing passive. Some possibilities could be;

• As your Warframe takes health damage, a portion of that is transferred to ally Necramechs (Including yours) to heal them?

• To balance it, maybe just 5-10% of the damage you take could heal them, so it'll still be a risk in some places.

• I also thought giving some connection between the Helminth & Mechs might be an intriguing idea.

• When you knockdown an enemy (Doesn't matter how, maybe even the jump kick could do it?) or give them a lifted status, they forget what happened after they're back on their feet?

• Basically giving you a possible fallback option in case you want to stealth kill an enemy, but they saw you first.

• I'm a little surprised Jump kicks haven't been considered to be further integrated into a Warframe's kit, unless I'm mistaken on that.

• Perhaps giving you innate loot radar, similar to Ivara's passive!

• That actually could be an alternative if someone wanted to try that with her, come to think of it.

• The Energy / Shields / cooldowns (Depending on if you're using Hildryn or Lavos) from infused Helminth abilities are cut in half!

• This could be an interesting idea for some builds! Although to balance it, I don't think efficiency / duration mods should stack with it, perhaps.

• & of course, there's the Echoes of Umbra idea. I think that would still be interesting to see someday :)

Those first few may not be too special, but that's in order to leave room open for new Warframes with their own passives. Similar to how some of the Helminth's original abilities are their own thing.

• Although I still think Hideous Resistance would be better if it flipped status procs around to benefit you for a brief time, instead of mere immunity. I'd even take it as an augment (Hideous Acceptance?) sold by Son :)

I'd love to see some things like ^ these in the future.

On 2021-06-19 at 1:27 AM, quxier said:

1) We have already healing abilities. For me is just redundancy.

2) It's indeed not so useful as abilitiy but it can be useful when you are doing some Cephalon scans or something. I won't use it because I've scanned most cephalons' fragment & I don't care about unscanned kurias.

3) It really depends what/how it does, its speed and how much does it cost. As someone said, it could either just add +1 status OR multiply it (e.g. you have 5 heat -> the Ability gives you another 5 => you have 10 heat after the cast). It's like Mark of death (as fair I remember) that could spread status but it's not so good to use.

1) That's fair, though it's not only a healing ability. This also gives energy to teammates, and can give casters like Garuda more survivability & utility. 

2) I wouldn't mind it, if it could also scan for hidden caches and rare crates

3) this still just sounds like a nuke but with extra steps... We already have nuke Warframes who are plenty proficient at this.

(Would spoiler this next mini rant, but I'm on mobile so unable to)

So if it doubles all procs, that would mean the more you use this ability then the status would grow exponentially. When would that be useful, outside of just mass-procs for fire/slash/corrosive (which are already quick to kill most enemies already)? I guess it could be used on ember after her fireblast... Sure. But why not just make this a Warframe arcane with a % proc chance? Using this with Saryn spores, would just mean her spores have a harder time spreading. She wouldn't need this with miasma though, since viral has a cap and she could just cast miasma again if she needed to refresh. 

This doesn't seem worth an ability slot for me, because it doesn't bring anything new by itself. It entirely relies on something else existing in the first place. Meaning that you would need to have a weapon or another ability apply some effect beforehand... Which is why (to me) this sounds like something that should be on an arcane, focus tree, or companion mod. Literally every other ability outside of the "Helminth abilities" have some sort of "initiative" which is useful standalone. More damage (like roar/eclipse) might not create something by itself, but it didn't need you to do something beforehand for it to be useful. Octavia's ball isn't fully functional by itself, but it can at least distract enemies when it's by itself.

All abilities pre Helminth did something standalone, even if it wasn't their full capacity. Now they're giving us things like Lavos's 3rd ability which only works if there are energy/health drops which you didn't already suck up with vacuum. Or ammo efficiency from the Helminth... Srsly an entire ability slot just for ammo efficiency? (granted ammo efficiency is nice, but this would be much better as an arcane... If we NEED ammo efficiency then it's just a poor weapon, or that person really hates to reload and had a dead ability to spare.... Or maybe they're trying to make meme builds out of boredom/content creation)

Edited by Maka.Bones

On 2021-06-18 at 7:01 PM, TheLexiConArtist said:
On 2021-06-18 at 4:56 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

Send out a short-lived Void Spark that is drawn toward the nearest Medallion, Ayatan Sculpture, unscanned Kuria or unscanned Fragment.

Do we really need this by #15 in Helminth, though? I'm pretty sure we can all slot Loot Radar and notice map icons (and boxes not disappearing).

Add more to this: Rare Crates (finally we could know), Caches (sabotage etc), other Lore pieces like the Plains fish/Vallis memories as this fits with Kuria.

Yes, this! Sabotage caches,  Orokin Vaults on Deimos and all kinds of lore fragments (PoE fish, Orb Vallis mem fragments, Jupiter partner fragments, Parvos temples in new Corpus missions, Kuria statues and what else). Lore fragments (with exception of Parvos temples and Ordis fragments) are especially hard to find, because Loot Radar doesn't show them, and Codex scanners are not really helpful in finding those, and Helios is really blind until you get close enough.

Edited by (PSN)H-Refr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Maka.Bones said:

1) That's fair, though it's not only a healing ability. This also gives energy to teammates, and can give casters like Garuda more survivability & utility. 

Trinity, Protea (far from perfect) and probably few others that gives energy as well.

7 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

3) this still just sounds like a nuke but with extra steps... We already have nuke Warframes who are plenty proficient at this.

I'm not sure about nuke. I would have to test it.

8 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

When would that be useful, outside of just mass-procs for fire/slash/corrosive?

Cold/Viral maybe.

It all depends on few aspects like shape (circle like Gloom/Sevagoth), energy consumption, time to cast (how fast you can spam it).

Usages (might be not best but... oh well):

- mobile defense: slowing enemies around you with cold or stunning them with electricity

- priming for Lavos 4th

- radiation & more damage (I don't use rad so...)

- I wonder if it can be used for Gas bomb (Lavos + duration + high Gass damage => Lavos makes traps with it).

- Electricity + Tornadoes (Zephyr) might be interesting (not tested again).

On 2021-06-18 at 3:56 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Does your Helminth Rank automatically increase when the new 5 Ranks are added?

- No. The new Invigorations will give XP/Affinity toward Helminth in addition to normal feeding and Subsume/Infusion actions! There won’t be any automatic rankups based on the current vs new Level Cap. 

Ok ok, where can I exchange Railjack build-costs refunds for retroactive Helminth XP, boss? 😅

• Like 1

On 2021-06-18 at 3:56 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Helminth Workshop FAQ: 

Does your Helminth Rank automatically increase when the new 5 Ranks are added?

- No. The new Invigorations will give XP/Affinity toward Helminth in addition to normal feeding and Subsume/Infusion actions! There won’t be any automatic rankups based on the current vs new Level Cap. 

Are Invigoration options only chosen based on Warframes you own?

No, much like Arbitration Warframe Buffs, the Invigorations options are pulled from the entire roster. 

As for leveling Helminth, let's say (example):

- I farmed and sold frames (credits or helminth).

- I keep 10 favorite frames

- I subsumed/infused what I could/want.

Now I need to either farm frames that I don't like to use "Invigoration" (it's high chance to get non-favorite frame if your favorite-list is small) OR infuse random ability on random frame (potentially copy because 6 slots are sometimes not enough)?

I keep most of my frames but I still use frames that are nice.

Am I missing something (it's hot, It's late... sorry etc)?

On 2021-06-18 at 4:43 PM, arkadikos213 said:

hmm... How about buffing expedite suffering? Only i remember that ability?

The expansion looks great looking towards this.

question please are those buffs when I sacrifice my warframes are they permanent or weekly ?!

7 hours ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

question please are those buffs when I sacrifice my warframes are they permanent or weekly ?!

Just now, mohamed_mekdam said:

the buffs? If you mean the new Invigoration System then that is weekly... But if you mean sacrificing a frame to Helminth to unlock one of its abilities to put onto another frame then that is permanent

• Like 1

Please consider reworking HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12) before it goes live. We already have this exact ability from Titania Spellbind, this is just a worse copy. 
Please find some way to make it unique or at least better in certain scenarios, and not just have a longer duration, because this is just a copy paste with half of the ability function removed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Count-Dabula said:

Please consider reworking HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12) before it goes live. We already have this exact ability from Titania Spellbind, this is just a worse copy. 
Please find some way to make it unique or at least better in certain scenarios, and not just have a longer duration, because this is just a copy paste with half of the ability function removed. 

Yeah, it at least needs to do more. Like, give it health regen or something. Anything, really.

On 2021-06-18 at 9:56 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

PARASITIC ARMOR (11)

Sacrifice Shields to reinforce Armor for a period of time

HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12)

Grant yourself immunity to Status effects.

VORACIOUS METASTASIS (13)

Consume Energy to heal yourself and grant matching Energy to each ally.

SICKENING PULSE (14)

Emit a pulse that adds stacks to Status Effects already afflicting enemies, except Bleed or Toxin effects which are duplicated with fresh timers.

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

Send out a short-lived Void Spark that is drawn toward the nearest Medallion, Ayatan Sculpture, unscanned Kuria or unscanned Fragment

Of all the abilities that could have been added to the game, its really disappointing to me that we are getting more of what we already have, just with less 'flashiness', and even usefulness to some degree.

Im still hoping for the helminth to do actual cool things like lets us summon creatures that we cant already summon, to fight along side us. Creatures that we have not seen befire is icing on the cake. 

Or maybe completely alternate a Warframes like Nidus into something else. Giving him a mutated look with a new set of abilities. Maybe give him a ton of blades and have hime destroy enemies in a violent and gory way like a monster straight out of a horror movie. Ravaging through his enemies.

Or the day it empowers a weapon granting it extra damage and some other kind of side effect. May allow a weapon to use a heavy attack that creates a sort of elemental explosion or something.

Cool things instead of another Rebuild Shields type of ability. 

If that requires the reduction of quantity for the added bit of quality, then I am all for it. I hope im not in alone in that type of thinking because what we just got here sucks ☹

I do like the other part of the expansion though. I think the option to use your favorite warframe should always be available in some type of way, but i do like it none the less. It would give me some more things to test out💙

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim

8 hours ago, quxier said:

Trinity, Protea (far from perfect) and probably few others that gives energy as well.

Only Protea's is available through the Helminth, so it might be nice to have more flavors. It is sad to see Trinity become so completely replaced at this point, but hopefully that means she will promptly get a much deserved rework/buff. 

8 hours ago, quxier said:

Cold/Viral maybe.

It all depends on few aspects like shape (circle like Gloom/Sevagoth), energy consumption, time to cast (how fast you can spam it).

Usages (might be not best but... oh well):

- mobile defense: slowing enemies around you with cold or stunning them with electricity

- priming for Lavos 4th

- radiation & more damage (I don't use rad so...)

- I wonder if it can be used for Gas bomb (Lavos + duration + high Gass damage => Lavos makes traps with it).

- Electricity + Tornadoes (Zephyr) might be interesting (not tested again).

Yeah the shape/range/cast time/cost/duration or toggle/internal cooldown would all matter ofc, but imagining that it's super ideal and super spammable at it's best case scenario (like let's say it's 10 energy, and the range is as far as your affinity range, and super short cast time like ember's fireblast, and no internal cooldown). Even in that case, you would've still needed to apply the status in the first place at a large enough scale for this to be significant enough to even use. (and the status application needs to be significant/good enough, to use it over just using an AoE damage ability, or something like radial blind)

- I can actually see it being useful with frost though, so that's true. Cold for corpus, pyro for anyone else as it would have a similar effect of slowing enemies while also providing armor strip and dealing damage. So for both of these, it could be extremely useful under BEST CASE scenario... which I doubt it will have

- I thought Lavos' 4th only benefits from having multiple different elements applied, not just number of status procs? so unless my understanding was lacking, I don't think that would apply/help with Lavos' 4th

-rad doesn't benefit from multiple status procs, that I know of. Impact, heat, viral, slash, toxic (gas procs toxic as well), corrosive, cold... and maybe electric? not sure if electric gains stacks, but those are all the ones which would massively benefit.  

-for combos with other warframe abilities, why not just cast the ability twice? In case that this ability was indeed 10 energy, then I could see a good argument for using this ability over using the progenitor status ability, since it's a much cheaper "refresh". But I seriously doubt that this ability would "continue" any "map effects" active, like prolonging abilities or causing status procs to spread.  If it could do that while also having low cost and wide range, then I could absolutely see a case for this being a legit ability. Though atm, it only states that it would double or refresh existing status procs

Edited by Maka.Bones

Even Warframe exclusive riven mod would be helpful than Invigorations. Just why? It's pointless - you need family level, means you are already did played enough or you cannot access for it at all - only for the small amount of exclusive players. And... just a random buff for a random warframe, that can be not on your roaster right now?

Sigh. If you want to make use of them, just make it better. A random useless buff(such as +300% shield) on unforma'ed and unreactor'ed Saryn is nowhere useful than even the 4+forma'ed Mag with a reactor. Then what you expect for the lackluster frames, even the top tier frame such as Saryn are not so useful without any investment? Actually Mag is playable in late game, though.

Sure you get some useful buff on the right warframe, but WHEN? Seriously, why we are bothered to use the uninvested random one if we already have a half dozen of battle ready warframes? What motivates us to invest such an useless frame just for wait a possible week's glory? To wait around a year to come if you are lucky? And only enjoy only a week? Let's be real. It is not making sense at all. It's not helpful, as well as not so temptive at all.

• Like 1

Doesn't sound great, I would like it more if it were a system to improve a single warframe permanently. I wouldn't mind farming top rank if it allowed me to make my favourite warframe stronger. The current concept is just boring.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

Only Protea's is available through the Helminth, so it might be nice to have more flavors. It is sad to see Trinity become so completely replaced at this point, but hopefully that means she will promptly get a much deserved rework/buff. 

Are they going to remove Trinity's ability from the Helminth or something? I haven't watched those "adult movies".

rad doesn't benefit from multiple status procs

more rad = enemy deals more damage

-for combos with other warframe abilities, why not just cast the ability twice? In case that this ability was indeed 10 energy, then I could see a good argument for using this ability over using the progenitor status ability, since it's a much cheaper "refresh". But I seriously doubt that this ability would "continue" any "map effects" active, like prolonging abilities or causing status procs to spread.  If it could do that while also having low cost and wide range, then I could absolutely see a case for this being a legit ability. Though atm, it only states that it would double or refresh existing status procs

What if you have e.g. Viral or Slash and your ability deals Heat? If you were to spam the ability Viral or Slash would soon disappear.

6 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

I thought Lavos' 4th only benefits from having multiple different elements applied, not just number of status procs? so unless my understanding was lacking, I don't think that would apply/help with Lavos' 4th

Yeah, my bad.