Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Grows a New Appetite: 30.5 Update!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2021-06-18 at 7:06 PM, Xalicra said:

So if I never interacted past rank 10, I would immediately be at an advantage vs people who have shoved every single warframe in the helminth system and actually using the system to it's full potential?!

I feel like it's disrespectful to our time invested to be at a disadvantage for participating in the system so deeply.

Nailed it. But this is also very much on-brand for DE, so maybe we shouldn't be surprised.

1 hour ago, QueenofYandxre said:

If the Helminth segment wasn't solely locked behind Rank 3 Entrati standing, then maybe I would be more excited.  Cause that "Golden Instinct" ability would be very useful for me, since I grind Ayatans and whatnot. Like others have said regarding the ability, it should also work for Rare and Reinforced Storage Containers as well. And, Sabotage Caches too.

With this included update to Helminth, as a suggestion, maybe you should give another way for players (who don't level with the Entrati) to acquire the segment while keeping the MR8 requirement in place. 

Originally it was supposed to be kept behind MR15, but lowered it to MR8 for unknown reasons, despite it being labeled as being "for advanced players."

Not only is getting to MR8 really easy, but these players will also have a hard time since most of us long time players have mountains of resource to put into it. New players? Don't have that.

On 2021-06-18 at 8:56 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Does your Helminth Rank automatically increase when the new 5 Ranks are added?

- No. The new Invigorations will give XP/Affinity toward Helminth in addition to normal feeding and Subsume/Infusion actions! There won’t be any automatic rankups based on the current vs new Level Cap. 

I can't believe that the feedback on this still hasn't been officially commented on!

We've been effectively soft-locked out of the Helminth system for over a week now, because we can't waste the XP.

any chance we can one day get more warframe abilities, like a rank 4 ability aswell as the ones we have now? clearly the big power move will override the default power move. this might help fix some less played frames or weaker frames. this might also allow people to play frames they want too, frames they would if they were better but kind suck atm, this way we can change them alittle more to our liking. as we might like the looks or theme of a frame but not their powers as they are.

example: yareli to me looks really nice but im not really loving the water stuff,  if i could i would change her to have 1 blood altar 2 merulina 3 aquablades 4 peacemaker 

because then she would be more vampiric to me rather then water themed, as the peacemaker movements look crazy like a vampire dodging attacks and shooting back, the aquablade would be colored crimson like blood,  the peacemakers would have that flintlock skin. this is just one example of what i would do, there is so many other possibilities for everyone else to mix things up however they would its not just an about me thing.

i understand not wanting to break the game but one we are already super over powered and 2 this will help make less played frames get to shine. and if you are thinking this will take away from what makes a warframe whom they are - not really because your passive ability and default stats will not be swapable aswell as skins. you will still be that frame just altered to the liking of the user to make that frame the best it can be from the point of view of the user.  since it is a rank 4 spell or ultimate power move if you want a price and not just give us the abilities to be even more godlike why not have it so that we have to subsume a prime to get its 4th ability? aswell as it not do as much damage as the default ability? 

this i think might make frames and players more unique.. then again most might just look online for the most broken builds others are showing them..

anyway since i 1st started playing this game years ago i thought itll be cool to be able to make our own frame from the poll of all the abilities that are in the game, however the helminth is a better idea, i just think it can be even better if you didnt limit us to 1 ability at a time and no rank 4s. the game i think would open up so many new doors, more people playing for longer to try out new things, more skins being bought because now people can play other frames they werent before and want to look as good as they can clearly, more primes being hunted for and bought as we would need them to subsume their 4th ability. i personally dont see why i even had to make this post and you guys didnt do this already on your own to be honest. anyway i hope you guys atlest give it a thought and dont just dismiss this idea because im sure no player will hate this idea at all.

On 2021-06-19 at 9:10 PM, Antris said:

Make helminth infuse, retract Augments on frames. Instead of flavor of the week, let us further customize and optimize what we like. Its fine to make it a resource drain, like increasing cost on each augment a frame has infused, first aug x1 cost, another on top of that one x2, another on top that one x3. And release way more augments, even for skills that already have some. Just throwing the idea.

I could get behind this idea. I like customization options and this would allow us to keep our builds the way we like them, since augments aren't usually giving us insane amounts of power. But where do we put it in the UI?

Invigorstions sounds good in theory but generally sounds like a waste because it's all temporary upgrades. Would be better if it was a permanent upgrade in the sense of it adds a micro permanent buff and a huge temporary buff. Then Invigorstions sounds good enough to waste resources on it. And a good micro permanent buff would be a automatic temporary buff would be applied when it's their week or something or like a micro version of the huge buff etc. 

But Litterally ability trash. Only good sounding one is the golden instinct and it's very niche. VORACIOUS Metastasis sounds cool but is most likely trash. Everything is is 100%trash nobody is going to use only use to test tk see if it's Good and notice it's trash and not use it. 

3 minutes ago, Perisie said:

Welp, the official announcement for the launch of the next patch is up, and none of the feedback was taken into account for Helminth. What was the point of this dev workshop again?

well technicly until patch note we don't have that information at all right ?

1 minute ago, Perisie said:

Welp, the official announcement for the launch of the next patch is up, and none of the feedback was taken into account for Helminth. What was the point of this dev workshop again?

To check the mark of “good company”…Well at least we got the confirmation that daddy Tencent runs Warframe now

5 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

well technicly until patch note we don't have that information at all right ?

The official announcement states that they are adding the Helminth changes listed in the first post, so at the very least they're not making any changes to invigorations or the five new abilities unless they change their minds about it within the next week. It doesn't say anything about the loss of Helminth XP that people have been talking about, so we won't know that for sure until the patch drops, but I'd expect that if they changed their minds about that they would have said so already to calm people down.

3 minutes ago, Perisie said:

The official announcement states that they are adding the Helminth changes listed in the first post, so at the very least they're not making any changes to invigorations or the five new abilities unless they change their minds about it within the next week. It doesn't say anything about the loss of Helminth XP that people have been talking about, so we won't know that for sure until the patch drops, but I'd expect that if they changed their minds about that they would have said so already to calm people down.

Well i have doubts from experience in that regard. I can honestly say we had plenty of time where the workshop was changed and was only notified in the patchnote.

I guess we will see next week ( sadly i wont see it on release but at the end of the week ^.^ )

So, those of us who have already subsumed all of the warframes get penalized. Now we either have to wait for new frames or waste tons of resources infusing abilities onto frames we do not intend to use or onto builds that we already have infusions in. Not cool.                                                                                                                                                                                          Edit: I have no reason to try to go up the additional levels if we will not get credit for the frames we have subsumed past rank 10. Very disrespectful to "early adopters". Essentially, this is like telling all tenno who have already subsumed all the frames in the game "You chumps!" We have, realistically, thrown XP away. Maybe the new levels will be as wildly popular as Conclave.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)Th3BelovedSaint said:

So, those of us who have already subsumed all of the warframes get penalized. Now we either have to wait for new frames or waste tons of resources infusing abilities onto frames we do not intend to use or onto builds that we already have infusions in. Not cool.

Very disrespectful to "early adopters". Essentially, this is like telling all tenno who have already subsumed all the frames in the game "You chumps!" We have, realistically, thrown XP away. Maybe the new levels will be as wildly popular as Conclave.

It's so uncool and disrespectful it simply cannot happen.

I can get behind half of it. If DE wants to disregard all that extra XP so we'll have something to fight for that is perfectly fine.

But the other half, that some players will get no XP from having subsumed warframes beyond the current existing cap and other players will get the XP by doing exactly the same thing after the update would be horribly and totally unfair. And it is not only unfair in principle and in logical numbers (some will get more than others for doing the same thing), it punishes those players that play the game more.

In fact, doing it like this would be so totally bonkers I don't think that is what is intended. So I actually think this is a "perfect forum storm in a teacup", generated by putting DE comments into the wrong context in combination with fear and feelings of potential hurt from the community.

The other reason I think this will not happen is that such unfairness would lead to players leaving the game. And those would explicitly be players that are more invested in the game (since you really have to be "invested" to subsume all the warframes 🙂). I lost most of "my gang" due to Scarlet Spear, to a large extent because of the unfairness of getting different rewards from doing the same mission together. So of course it was due to bugs, but bugs & new content goes sort of hand-in-hand so that wasn't it. There was just no way of handling a situation where you fight with friends in the same co-op mission and then the game (due to bugs) rewards players "unfairly". That unfairness was the clincher, it was bad for those not getting what they deserved and bad even for those getting the reward, when their friends got less or nothing. And this would be much, much, much worse, since this unfairness would be designed.

So I think all this is one great "misunderstanding", it will not happen, it is simply "too nuts".

On 2021-06-18 at 8:56 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Tenno,

The Helminth System is being expanded in the Sisters of Parvos Update. This system has been quite popular with players who really enjoy deep customization, so we’re doing 2 things:

- Adding 5 more Ranks and 5 new ‘Helminth’ Abilities.
- Adding a new system: INVIGORATIONS!

You can watch a video explanation as part of our Video Dev Workshop:

With the help of our trusty Design Council, the Helminth has been injected with new Helminth Abilities! Each one unlocks at one of the new Helminth Ranks (11,12,13,14,15)!

PARASITIC ARMOR (11)

Sacrifice Shields to reinforce Armor for a period of time

HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12)

Grant yourself immunity to Status effects.

VORACIOUS METASTASIS (13)

Consume Energy to heal yourself and grant matching Energy to each ally.

SICKENING PULSE (14)

Emit a pulse that adds stacks to Status Effects already afflicting enemies, except Bleed or Toxin effects which are duplicated with fresh timers.

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

Send out a short-lived Void Spark that is drawn toward the nearest Medallion, Ayatan Sculpture, unscanned Kuria or unscanned Fragment.

INTRODUCING: INVIGORATIONS

Son has been busy developing new bio-technologies for Helminth. Visit SON in the Necralisk on DEIMOS to obtain the New Segment required to upgrade your Helminth to perform a new operation: Invigorations! 

Our main objective with this system expansion is really simple: give players a way to engage with Warframes they may not have used in a while!

Here’s how it will work:

Every week, your Helminth will have an Affinity toward 3 Random Warframes. You can interact with Helminth with these Warframes to gain select Weekly Buffs (one Offensive and one Utility/Defense)! For example:

Zephyr: 200% Power Strength and Immune To Status
Atlas: 200% Primary Critical Chance and +1000 Armor
Excalibur: 250% Melee Damage and 75% power Efficiency

These will be drawn randomly per player. Tenno can check their Helminth during the Weekly reset to see what Invigorations are available for the week. Once you infuse the Invigoration, it lasts the week before the power of the Helminth wears off. 

To give players some control over what will be very powerful buffs, the Helminth takes note of your interactions - for every 10 Invigorations you do, you’ll be able to Select what Warframe receives the next buff! 

As of now, the Segment will cost 30,000 Entrati Standing and will be available once you hit the rank of Family. Get your Family tokens ready, Tenno! 

EDIT: FAQ Addition.

This will be expanded throughout next week as more questions come in!

Helminth Workshop FAQ: 

- No. The new Invigorations will give XP/Affinity toward Helminth in addition to normal feeding and Subsume/Infusion actions! There won’t be any automatic rankups based on the current vs new Level Cap. 

Are Invigoration options only chosen based on Warframes you own?

No, much like Arbitration Warframe Buffs, the Invigorations options are pulled from the entire roster. 

I'll be honest...while it's cool that the Helminth is being expanded, like everyone else, I dont like the idea of Invigarations whatsoever. Like many say, it's got a ton of problems you guys didn't really think about. That and it really does sound like Rivens for warframes. Thats not cool, especially since power creep is already still stupid high. Maybe you guys could fo something other than that?

47 minutes ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

I'll be honest...while it's cool that the Helminth is being expanded, like everyone else, I dont like the idea of Invigarations whatsoever. Like many say, it's got a ton of problems you guys didn't really think about. That and it really does sound like Rivens for warframes. Thats not cool, especially since power creep is already still stupid high. Maybe you guys could fo something other than that?

Too late the warframe rivens will be available starting july 6…they are focusing on ignoring the negative feedback

Would the players who subsumed all available warframes in the game be rewarded by progressing Helminth's level or in any other way?

Or would they be punished for it by making them waste even more resources to level Helminth even further?

I rarely post here, but I have to say I really do not like the idea of Invigorations.

Others have said it before, just make the frames actually fun to play or at least useful in niche situations.

I have like 5-6 frames I really like, and I'm looking forward to seeing the next ones. But I'm just going to feel bad about not getting a buff on them this week and even worse. If I ever DO get a buff on the frames I like personally, it might feel worse to play afterwards...

Not engaging with the system while everyone else does just handicaps you.

This seems like a really poor execution of the good idea to reward playing with different frames. I'd rather this goes back to the drawing board entirely. I hope the negative feedback gets taken into consideration.

Does the golden instinct ability also help you find mandachord fragments and that type of thing? I can see it being useful seeing as I need to go back and unlock a ton of songs for the orbiter.

However, I am concerned that people who are already at Rank 10 or have invested all warframes possible won't get the exp bonus for Subsuming, so they have to rely on feeding their helminth, adding abilities, feeding helminth, etc, which'll eat up tons of resources.

On 2021-06-18 at 9:56 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Helminth Workshop FAQ: 

I read this as slap to the face for players that pushed to unlock all the helminth over the last year. I'm not expecting a level 10/10 to go to a 15/15 but all the xp/affinity I would have earned for all the Warframes I have subsumed to the wall that I cant do again should still be counted or at least let me refeed extra Warframes for xp i have blue prints for a few frames that i just end up selling for credits and id rather build frames and feed to helminth for xp

2 hours ago, (PSN)ErydisTheLucario said:

Oh come on! What's the point of feedback if its gonna be ignored?!

While arsenal had a follow-up topic, the helmith changes didn’t…Somebody really wanted these changes to go through and I can just hope that more and more people understnd that DE is no longer the unicorn that we once knew.

Gatcha is the future….100 plat that by the end of the year invigorations will have a plat cost hidden somewhere(besides the upfront one of getting slots for all the warframes)

Archived