Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Grows a New Appetite: 30.5 Update!

[DE]Rebecca

The new abilities dont really feel like they are worth it for those that have already subsumed all frames (there are similar abilities available), it might be good for those that haven't fed everything to helminth already. Will need to know numbers for making any final judgements.

The golden instinct is nice though , i might put it on Xaku when going medallion hunting.

The pulse sounds poor though.

As for invigoration ... basically better Arbitration buffs / temporary warframe rivens weekly ?

I guess it might give me reason to use some frames i don't normally use ... but the randomness ... i am not sure i will bother.

Even when doing Arbitration's i dont bother looking at which frame has what , cause my existing build is already good enough. At least its better than just 300% power strength always.

I mean sure there may be amazing buffs for the perfect frame like + headshot damage + efficiency for ivara, but there could also be crap like +strength + Armor for loki ? + strength on speedva ? + duration on EV trinity? and if rolling the hundreds of rivens i have has taught me anything is that you will rarely get a good roll and even less a perfect roll.

And the ability to decide the next frame after 10 frames? at 3 frames per week? that's more than 3 weeks away. I fail to see anyone having the patience to plan 3 weeks ahead.

I guess its an ok change if i can just ignore it. But predominantly i am NOT in favor.

I would much rather be able to trade attributes in small quantities (100 shield for 50 armor , 50 health for 50 energy , 50 armor for 0.2 sprint speed etc.)

A few of the new abilities might be useful, but I really don't see myself using that invigorate system. That kind of RNG involved just don't make me want to ever use the system because I don't play frames that I don't play for a reason. Making them more powerful isn't going to make them any fun for me and having to wait 11 weeks to get one guaranteed for a frame I will play doesn't do anything at all to make me want to engage with it. And if I only used it when a frame I enjoy playing popped up, it would take even longer than 11 weeks to get a guaranteed frame. It's the same reason I hate Nightwave and almost never play Arbitrations: It's trying way too hard to force me to do something or use gear I either don't like or am not necessarily in the mood to do since I play when I feel like playing so I don't burn out and uninstall the game, so I want to be doing what I want to do when I get into the game.

All i saw so far in this update were buffs.

I no longer use the mods or weapons you nerfed, so no penalties there

Multiple mods will reinforce my gun gameplay and will help certain abilities

Helmith expansion will enable me to consistently get buffs on the warframes i use, so even more power.

I will certainly enjoy the helmith expansion, as a demigod i do enjoy ascending into a god.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12)

Grant yourself immunity to Status effects.

Doesn't Spellbind also give you immunity to Status effects on hold-casting? Unless I'm not remembering things right, that is.

PARASITIC ARMOR (11)

Sacrifice Shields to reinforce Armor for a period of time

I can see many Rhino mains using this instead of Rhino's Charge with the Augment. Depending on the numbers, that is.

Is it that big of a deal to have abilities that work like abilities and not some random utility or niche thing. 

A knock off survivability one that works like infested mobility would have been nice over remove my shields for armor. (unless it is just an armor buff on warframes without shields)

Cant wait till I can't get into any specific farms because I didn't roll a 200% strength Khora or 200% range trinity or whatever will always be in demand.  Man poor Nova mains that get a strength boost. Groups already almost do this stuff demanding numbers and yet again I really wonder if the devs even play their own game outside of a little bubble.

The only thing of interest is the gold instinct to help me be lazy and all I'd do with that is maybe put it on Xaku instead of pull for looting?

But pull still gets me those stupid bothersome open world things you never have enough of so it's 50/50 if I'd even bother there.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PSN)TONI__RIBEIRO:

Not good sorry.

Just make the frames good instead.

Warframes are in 99% of the cases not the problem, people that use them (or their builds)  are. A Loki wont DPS in ESO, that doesnt make him bad. Wrong Expectations are causing a lot of misconceptions, damage is not everything. 

Our main objective with this system expansion is really simple: give players a way to engage with Warframes they may not have used in a while!

Now, with random, I don't think it match with what your goal is, really... I mean with this statement, you guys just give rarely used warframe to have higher chance to get the buff every week.

First of all, I need to wait until it implemented to see how many buff you guys will have... still optimistic but nah.. if you guys see higher number, you guys just panicked and come the hotfix

second, how far the buff will be? I want to know what are the elements that you guys buff with this new system...

third, I think the new abilities are really nothing though, I mean they are basically utilities and I don't know why i need to use them in warframe

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

Is there a system to track our current Helminth experience points, or will we all have to "start" at Rank 10?

I really hope DE tracking the XP because i already subsumed all frames into the helminth 😇

Oh wow, I think I am the first person to actually express being excited for Invigorations (at time of writing). I guess it says something about how I play the game. Or maybe I am misunderstanding it. I'd want it to be random, otherwise I'd just put it on my favourites, it its somehow detrimental... like for certain Nova builds, I just won't select it... if random PUG players only insist an activity be done with the Invigorated Warframe... I mean, some players do that already with Eidolons. A lot don't, I try and play with people who are more chill with other peoples choices, even if I play the meta. Do I want to play a game with people who refuse unless I use a specific frame? How would they even know what choices I have? Also no... I wouldn't want to play with that person anyway. 

Anyway, I also do understand and agree with much of the criticism/worry, like the idea its getting us to play Frames that should instead be looked at and improved to encourage us wanting to play them that way, instead of random lulzy buffs... but ehh... I am pro reworking Frames, but I just don't see a lot of Frame reworks happening soon, this new system is coming in weeks. Again though, I often play a lot of the different Frames when I can, so such a system sort of just works with that. My interest totally isn't just to do with 200 percent power Volt running around everywhere... 

Am excited for Golden Instinct too, will make Medallion hunting possibly faster, and have a few Kuria left. Also if someone has all these items... wouldn't they just... not infuse this ability? I'm probably never ever going to use Sickening Pulse. Like... we can choose not to infuse a power. 

Anyway feels weird to have such an unpopular opinion, but hey. 

1 hour ago, Zedar451 said:

Will we get retroactive helminth xp toward these Ranks? For those who have subsumed every frame and applied most abilities they want, there won't be a good way to rank up now otherwise.

Hundred times this, retroactive XP would be much appreciated. 🙂

Invigorations are a terrible idea. Random buffs are not a good method of play, especially if those buffs will also affect the weapons instead of just the frames

You wanna give us a way to engage with frames we haven't used? Buff the friggin things, make them worth using without the need of a random boon that will last a week and then drop the frame back into uselessness

Invigorations are interesting, but a trade off would be better for a player deciding to lean into a certain Warframe.
This also helps avoid power creep and elitism that can cause players to discriminate against other players.  

Examples.

• +100% Primary Damage, -50% Power Strength
  • +300% Critical Damage, -100% Critical Chance
  • +1000 armor, -200 base shields. 
  • Etc.

Lastly, a way to reroll invigorations using resources can be considered.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

INTRODUCING: INVIGORATIONS

Son has been busy developing new bio-technologies for Helminth. Visit SON in the Necralisk on DEIMOS to obtain the New Segment required to upgrade your Helminth to perform a new operation: Invigorations! 

Our main objective with this system expansion is really simple: give players a way to engage with Warframes they may not have used in a while!

Here’s how it will work:

Every week, your Helminth will have an Affinity toward 3 Random Warframes. You can interact with Helminth with these Warframes to gain select Weekly Buffs (one Offensive and one Utility/Defense)! For example:

Zephyr: 200% Power Strength and Immune To Status
Atlas: 200% Primary Critical Chance and +1000 Armor
Excalibur: 250% Melee Damage and 75% power Efficiency

These will be drawn randomly per player. Tenno can check their Helminth during the Weekly reset to see what Invigorations are available for the week. Once you infuse the Invigoration, it lasts the week before the power of the Helminth wears off. 

To give players some control over what will be very powerful buffs, the Helminth takes note of your interactions - for every 10 Invigorations you do, you’ll be able to Select what Warframe receives the next buff! 

As of now, the Segment will cost 30,000 Entrati Standing and will be available once you hit the rank of Family. Get your Family tokens ready, Tenno!

Sorry @[DE]Rebecca this do not sound good at all.... it will create an RNG power creep that I believe not being healthy for the game, if you guys want us to play more unused warframes, how about bring the old idea of echoes of umbra to a few selected (not random) by the lowest player usage per week, and let us bring this warframe as a "specter" following us, but with us being able to switch between that warframe and our current warframe in mid-mission with our transference? and even more, that warframe can be used as crew for our railjack, and something more like it.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

These will be drawn randomly per player. Tenno can check their Helminth during the Weekly reset to see what Invigorations are available for the week. Once you infuse the Invigoration, it lasts the week before the power of the Helminth wears off.

A radnom Buff to random Frames doesnt seem good.

Nezha due to warding is just better in most cases due to status immunity

Inaros is justa meat bag that doesnt care about enemies

Wuknog is great for quick mission(and REALLY good for spy)

Limbo is great for High level Non-corpus mobile defense and high level rescues.

those above examples would be what i would noramlly take to missions, so a %100 abiltiy to lets say Atlas, wouldn't get me to take atlas to a catpure lets say, because Wukong is faster for it. I wouldn't take Titania to a survival because I could take Nezha(status immunity and DR) or take Inaros(Health bag, dont have to care about enemies).

It would be much better to let us pick the frames the buffs go to then make it random.

The new skills look interesting.

Invigorations look like a horrible idea to say the least. Why not make a system that lets us alter the base stats of a frame instead, like swapping armor, health, shields and energy through trade offs as we see fit. Invigorations as they look now are nothing but horrible RNG powercreep in most cases, while having zero effect on others.

100% power strength on Rhino for instance is a massive benefit. 100% power strength on Loki is however completely pointless and on Nova it would be a massive drawback. Luckily we dont have to interact with Helminth, but it certainly sucks if you sit there and see a defensive stat you could really make use of with an offense that would straight up cripple you at the same time like in Nova's case.

Please rethink.

1) New abilities are neat, but will I get all the retroactive XP from subsuming all WF's from Helminth's introduction until now?

2) Invigorations feel like Warframe Rivens. I don't like this. At all. Maybe rework it so it adds a second ability to a frame or to augment abilities for that week but only for 1 frame of your choice. No RNG buffs please.

Overall I'm excited for these additions but I have a handful of doubts:

Golden Instinct, is this going to be viable for free roam areas? It's nice for Kuria, Ayatan, and Medallion hunting I guess but the only fragments I do not have scanned are Plains of Eidolon fish (have some issues finding the right ones I have left in guides) and Orb Vallis somachord fragments (which are terrible to farm because they are randomized and only 1 spawns in the entire massive map). Why couldn't we just get a different icon for loot radar on our minimap for some of these things?

Invigoration, nice buffs that are decoupled from Arbitrations but being able to select the buff every 10 enhancements will present some issues in LFG metas (not they they'd really be able to know in the lobby). A possible improvement for this would be to give you some kind of token every 10 invigorations, up to 3, and you can spend a token to enhance a warframe of your choice.

Archived