Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Grows a New Appetite: 30.5 Update!

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, -NovaUmbra- said:

Invigoration's are HORRIBLE, please please remove this ASAP, instead of giving us random power creep for frames which can Divide Matchmaking and ruin the COOP experience, rework the underused frames instead and offer some interesting mechanics and stat buffs instead of this RNGness.
We are DANGEROUSLY Close to Rivens for frames. This is NOT good. REVERT ASAP

What if more unbalanced content is the way to go?

What if i want these powerups and warframe rivens at the same time?

Invigorations are a terrible idea. Not only will this not encourage people to use frames they don't like (and trying to make them do so is a terrible idea in and of itself) it will absolutely shatter any sense of balance or fairness that apparently people want. 

8 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

lol at people talking about clan leaderboards and super elite recruit chat requirements. 

What game are you guys playing???

I would be inclined to agree but did you see the new arcanes and galvanized mods? You do not get the benefit unless you kill.

Is anyone prepared for the amount of butthurt from the community when minmaxers are jocking for the last hit so they can maintain their build???

This is the beginning of a loooooot of drama.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Does your Helminth Rank automatically increase when the new 5 Ranks are added?

- No. The new Invigorations will give XP/Affinity toward Helminth in addition to normal feeding and Subsume/Infusion actions! There won’t be any automatic rankups based on the current vs new Level Cap. 

You should give us SOME progress based on the amount of subsumed frames as those are a 1 time exp gain that we will have missed out on (i got rank10 with only a small fraction of frames subsumed, maybe 15 if not 10) so it seems unfair to have the massive amount of exp that subsuming provides go to waste/not be aknowlaged.

So you could give exp for those are already rank 10 and do it per frame they've subsumed past e.g. the 20th.

not doing some sort of compensation will really suck ASSSSSSSS for those who have already gone through all of their frames and infused multiple abilities across the different loudout slots and dont have a useful way to spend helminth resources.

You are effectivley forcing them to throw resources down the void infusing and removing random abilties onto a frame that will later be trashed to free up the wasted frame slot.

I'm not asking for a free rankup to 15, just SOMETHING so that we dont feel scammed,

I generally like the idea of INVIGORATIONS as such, but not that I can't determine what warframe should receive it.

Given it's a powerful tool (buff), how about the player could re-roll the results just like riven mods, but instead for increasing resource costs, until he would be happy with the drawn warframes? 

I have all helminth abilities subsumed (yes, all current warframes), so, will this mean that all my accumulated affinity from those extra frames after rank 10 will not count towards the extra 5 ranks??? in short, do i need to "Invigorate" warframes until i reach rank 15? cuz if so, i just feel like all that effort i put into helminth will just go to waste :(

Also, can we get a fix on Oxylus (and maybe other centinels) animations being broken with the Loid/Otak skin

- No. The new Invigorations will give XP/Affinity toward Helminth in addition to normal feeding and Subsume/Infusion actions! There won’t be any automatic rankups based on the current vs new Level Cap.

What if I have every single Warframe subsumed? You guys expect me to burn through resources to level 5 more times?

Time for my opinion on Invigorations:

• I really do like the idea, using Helmith to buff your Warframes, however I do not approve of the RNG applied to it
  • 3 warframes allowed per week, with over 40 warframes, means you will be waiting a short time or a very long time until yours get chosen for the buffs.
  • Regardless of letting you choose which frames get buffed in that week after 10 Invigorations, the huge stat boosts they get is still overpowered in my opinion
  • One thing i keep seeing repeated is that people won't let you join a squad if you don't have the Invigoration, and to me that seems like a huge problem, and a problem that will happen a LOT, specifically for Eidolon Hunts and other HIgh Lvl cotent.
  • I also don't approve of RNG stats being given each week, that'll just cause more problems with people's builds, who don't want/need more power strength, or extra shileds etc etc.

Here are the things I WOULD approve of for Invigorations:

• Allowing you to choose which Warframes to Invigorate for that week, and which Stats you want to boost
  • Boosting a stat costs a consideral amount of resources, and Boosting more than one Stat will increase the resource cost even further
  • Allowing a limit of Warframes to Invigorate in one week, with more Helmith Ranks allowing more Warframes to Invigorate in one week
  • NOT giving such huge Stat boosts that it makes the Invigorations overpowered. No one needs a Excalibur with +100% Range and +300% Strength, thats just Absurd

Thats all from me. For now....

15 minutes ago, Notsae said:

Invigorations are a terrible idea. Not only will this not encourage people to use frames they don't like (and trying to make them do so is a terrible idea in and of itself) it will absolutely shatter any sense of balance or fairness that apparently people want. 

Not everyone wants balance or cares.

Tenno,

The Helminth System is being expanded in the Sisters of Parvos Update. This system has been quite popular with players who really enjoy deep customization, so we’re doing 2 things:

- Adding 5 more Ranks and 5 new ‘Helminth’ Abilities.
- Adding a new system: INVIGORATIONS!

You can watch a video explanation as part of our Video Dev Workshop:

With the help of our trusty Design Council, the Helminth has been injected with new Helminth Abilities! Each one unlocks at one of the new Helminth Ranks (11,12,13,14,15)!

PARASITIC ARMOR (11)

Sacrifice Shields to reinforce Armor for a period of time

HIDEOUS RESISTANCE (12)

Grant yourself immunity to Status effects.

VORACIOUS METASTASIS (13)

Consume Energy to heal yourself and grant matching Energy to each ally.

SICKENING PULSE (14)

Emit a pulse that adds stacks to Status Effects already afflicting enemies, except Bleed or Toxin effects which are duplicated with fresh timers.

GOLDEN INSTINCT (15)

Send out a short-lived Void Spark that is drawn toward the nearest Medallion, Ayatan Sculpture, unscanned Kuria or unscanned Fragment.

INTRODUCING: INVIGORATIONS

Son has been busy developing new bio-technologies for Helminth. Visit SON in the Necralisk on DEIMOS to obtain the New Segment required to upgrade your Helminth to perform a new operation: Invigorations! 

Our main objective with this system expansion is really simple: give players a way to engage with Warframes they may not have used in a while!

Here’s how it will work:

Every week, your Helminth will have an Affinity toward 3 Random Warframes. You can interact with Helminth with these Warframes to gain select Weekly Buffs (one Offensive and one Utility/Defense)! For example:

Zephyr: 200% Power Strength and Immune To Status
Atlas: 200% Primary Critical Chance and +1000 Armor
Excalibur: 250% Melee Damage and 75% power Efficiency

These will be drawn randomly per player. Tenno can check their Helminth during the Weekly reset to see what Invigorations are available for the week. Once you infuse the Invigoration, it lasts the week before the power of the Helminth wears off. 

To give players some control over what will be very powerful buffs, the Helminth takes note of your interactions - for every 10 Invigorations you do, you’ll be able to Select what Warframe receives the next buff! 

As of now, the Segment will cost 30,000 Entrati Standing and will be available once you hit the rank of Family. Get your Family tokens ready, Tenno! 

EDIT: FAQ Addition.

This will be expanded throughout next week as more questions come in!

Helminth Workshop FAQ: 

Are Invigoration options only chosen based on Warframes you own?

No, much like Arbitration Warframe Buffs, the Invigorations options are pulled from the entire roster. 

The only thing I have to talk about are invigorations, this is the worst thing this game might need, random weekly buffs for specific frames.

This will just kill speedruns competition, event leaderboards, and general game experience (I can imagine people avoiding certain missions or farms 'till they get a specific buff for a specific frame praying rng)

I would suggest remove the random part from this system and let us change the current buffed frame whenever we want. Potential tweaked system idea below...

An alternative system:
Let us unlock which frames can be buffed and each buff type by spending points (new point system will be added within the helminth just for this feature)

So whenever we want buff a specific frame we sit on helminth chair and select which passive buffs will be using for the upcoming mission.
Basically passive perks we can pick and change whenever needed, and require time and effort to be unlocked (like tenno focus nodes).

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Alphonso-Alonso said:

I would be inclined to agree but did you see the new arcanes and galvanized mods? You do not get the benefit unless you kill.

Is anyone prepared for the amount of butthurt from the community when minmaxers are jocking for the last hit so they can maintain their build???

This is the beginning of a loooooot of drama.

yeah people going for no1 on leaderboard will be super angry, no joke on some ESO weeks it has the potential of giving you 8mil points vs only 3mil, since some tiles are so bad that unless you are instakilling on spawn (which can be almost impossible, but doable if you get the strength buff invigoration on the right frames) since being able to get past the 1 bad zone it opens up the possibiliy of so many points that without the invigoration you dont stand a chance at beating their score.

as for the benefit on kill mods, they arent going to do anything. the minmaxers will continue to use melee since they have rivens that make the berserker nerfs irrelevant, and melee isnt meta because of overwhelming dmg but because of kill rate, which guns wont be able to keep up with unless they give us things like a helminth but for guns that alows passives to be added that do stuff like riccoshets (Borderlands jakob style) or chaining(eg borderlands3 brainstormer) etc.

I am unsure how parasitic armor works. Does it increase armor by a percentage? Does it scale off the shields? Does the amount of shields matter? 

Golden instinct is cool. The rest seems kinda pointless. The status immunity could be nice, but why not just use Saryn Helminth ability, which removes status and taunts enemies. 

12 minutes ago, ArtiMETALIQ said:

I have all helminth abilities subsumed (yes, all current warframes), so, will this mean that all my accumulated affinity from those extra frames after rank 10 will not count towards the extra 5 ranks??? in short, do i need to "Invigorate" warframes until i reach rank 15? cuz if so, i just feel like all that effort i put into helminth will just go to waste :(

Also, can we get a fix on Oxylus (and maybe other centinels) animations being broken with the Loid/Otak skin

nah they want us to build more frames and infuse embers aoe blast on to it repeatedly until be get r15, just getting us to waste resources for no gain outside of exp.

I like the new Helminth abilities. 

I do NOT like the invigorations. 
Those kinds of buffs work for Arbitrations because it is a singular mission that beefs up a specific frame and weapon for that mission and it rotates hourly. 

Invigorations should have been modifications to existing abilities for a hefty resource cost. 
Example, Invigorate Hydroid's Kraken to alter the effect from Grab+impact -> No Grab, slaps nearby enemies for Slash damage. Changing Tempest Barrage from random AoE Impact damage and ragdolling to focused shelling with a small Puncture AoE (basically shrapnel shots)

Then DE could just make tweaks to whatever abilities they wanted or needed to and let us decide if those tweaks would make us want to play that frame. 

As it stands, Invigorations are just random, timed Warframe Rivens. 

1 minute ago, (PSN)thegarada said:

I am unsure how parasitic armor works. Does it increase armor by a percentage? Does it scale off the shields? Does the amount of shields matter? 

Golden instinct is cool. The rest seems kinda pointless. The status immunity could be nice, but why not just use Saryn Helminth ability, which removes status and taunts enemies. 

or titanias status immunity XD which a lot of people will have already unlocked and infused onto the frames that need it.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

I am really dissatisfied with the proposed Helminth "expansion" ideas. 

1. People who have already invested the maximum into the Helminth system don't see an automatic boost in their affinity when this new expansion is implemented? Why not? Why punish early adopters of the system? You guys gave people refunds for intrinsic points when you reworked the intrinsic system for railjack, why isn't the same principle being applied to the Helminth system? People who have sacrificed every warframe in the game to this system should see their sacrifice reflected in the system's rankings. 

Edit: I'm also fairly certain you ran a script to correct the amount of flowers in the Helminth room at one point, why not run a script to ensure people get the rank that properly reflects the contributions they have made to Helminth?

2. The progression of new abilities for the new tiers does not make sense. The highest tier giving you the ability to find loot easier? This doesn't really incentivize me to get the highest rank in the Helminth system, what does incentivize me is the fact that I am a completion-ist. 

3. Invigorations feel like rivens for warframes. Randomly selected warframes get randomly selected buffs on a weekly basis? The buff only lasting seven days also miffs me a little bit. Why not allow us to selectively make small, permanent alterations to warframe stats (Health, Armor, Energy, Shields, Strength, Range, Efficiency, Duration) for the cost of resources or for the cost of another of the warframe's stats? Kinda like giving us the ability to have an in-built corrupted mod for our warframes? This would invigorate me a lot more. 

Aside from this, hope you and the team are well. 

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Not everyone wants balance or cares.

i agree that not everyone wants balance, warframe being a power fantasy game and all.

but if you dont care about balance, wouldnt you want to be able to influence what frames get what buff? so that you can continue playing your favourite frame and have a complete power trip.

also imagine how bad it would feel to finally get an invoration for your favourite frame after weeks of playing only for it to be power efficiency and armor (or some other combination that you dont care about or it anti-synergistic with the frame and/or your playstyle).

Additionally its going to be really harmful in its current state for those who go after leaderboard possitions, in some cases making it literally impossible to compete if you dont get the correct invigorations. (i know that this is a very small portion of the comunity, but whoever *@##$es the loudest is the majority (metaphorically))

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

Am I not reading this properly, or are you punishing early adopters for maxing-out their Helminths already?

You read it right, early adopters are shafted. I think it's disgusting, if they can run a script to correct the number of flowers in your helminth room to the number of warframes you've subsumed, they can run one to calculate the exp those warframes would provide to the helminth. Might not rank it to 15 but at least it would be better than the kick in the teeth.

But hey it's fine, we can all get XP for the Invigorations that nearly everybody hates.

1 hour ago, RivaAurelius said:

Or pillage? Strip armor and cleanse status at the same time?

Which also gives shields, allowing for shield gating. Making the +armor subsume.. laughable.

*Edit: Pillage thus giving what, armor strip, cleanse status, shields, all in one ability subsume.. while some helminth abilities.. barely do one of these half correctly.

1 hour ago, Shadowradiance said:

Which also gives shields, allowing for shield gating. Making the +armor subsume.. laughable.

A lot of the Helminth subsumables are not good when compared to similar warframe abilities. 

1 hour ago, -MG-CephalonCinnamon said:

yeah i would understand if these where early helminth unlocks, but for something that is sooo resource hungry to unlock, it should be something to compete with the meta warframe ability options.

It doesn't even compete. It's not even in the same ballpark. 

Archived