Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parazon Rework: 30.5 Update!

[DE]Rebecca

impact exclusively having any real effect in steel path against heavy units feels pretty bad, everything else i'm looking forwards to trying out
i was really hoping for a parazon mod to let me grapple-hook enemies far away that are open to mercies, since it's a long-range weapon that only really is used that way against liches (& soon sisters) but not in actual gameplay

i still have 0 plans to use this useless tool, it was introduced soo half-fastedly i don't think anything can make it worth using, or less confusing.

Edit:
And its not even the uses it has either, adding more uses doesn't matter to me, the problem is with the parazon itself. Animations are too slow, camera is too clunky, and using the parazon feels uncomfortable, even with lichs, it feels too forced.

(kind of like the orphix gamemode that has too much "you use this now, nothing else." going on for me to even consider playing them)

So this is for solo mode only; got it. Good luck pulling these off in multiplayer.

53 minutes ago, MasterControl said:

If you want Parazon finishers to be more reliable, enemies *need* to enter a stagger state in which they are immune to damage for a short time when they die, similar to Thralls or Larvae. The time can even be shorter than Larvae, requiring quick action and for you to be paying attention. Otherwise, no matter how high you whack up the percentage for when an enemy is mercy eligible, it doesn't change that enemies at most reasonable levels will be dead in one to two hits and won't be able to be mercied by somebody who isn't fishing for it solo. I appreciate what you're trying to do, but overall I think this will be a fairly minor change for the majority of content.

If you want your game to be considered more multiplayer friendly then this needs to happen. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

New Mods!

Your Parazon Mod slots will have some new options in Sisters of Parvos!

New Parazon Mods

5 New Parazon Mods are here! Find them all today to add new power and Utility to your Parazon! 

So these mods are available in sisters of parvos

And you are also saying to collect them today? So the update is today right?

I like the rework and except for the companion I also like the mods. 
That seems too much of a band aid mod for another problem deeply rooted in the non-survivability of companions (like this hasn't been a thing at least a thousand times in the feedback forums...).

Also I am not entirely sure how to get mercy kills at all when it usually is status effect on high levels that take care of enemies anyway...

That seems too much of a band aid mod for another problem deeply rooted in the non-survivability of companions (like this hasn't been a thing at least a thousand times in the feedback forums...).

Also I am not entirely sure how to get mercy kills at all when it usually is status effect on high levels that take care of enemies anyway and kill them before you can Mercy them, but okay, maybe in actual gameplay it is better then I think.

Also I am not entirely sure how to get mercy kills at all when it usually is status effect on high levels that take care of enemies anyway and kill them before you can Mercy them, but okay, maybe in actual gameplay it is better then I think.

@[DE]Rebecca

I`ll get strait to the point.

Issue: When you inflict a continues damage proc (slash) on enemies or when damaging enemies, the damage will continue or we don`t have time to react and sometimes it`s too late to reach the enemy in time.

Solution: When the parazon symbol shows make enemies immune to take damage for 1 or half of a second.

Outcome: This will make it to where people will have extra time to stop attacking enemies and stop continues status to keep damaging enemies you we can preform a parazon finisher.

Hard Reset

Instead, I think it should work like this, execute 3 mercy kills within 40 seconds to respawn a killed or destroyed sentinel or companion but only can be used one.

Suggestions:

• I have an idea of a parazon mod that will be fun and useful. After a mercy kill you have extra 3 chances to preform normal finishers on enemies. PLEASE ADD THIS TO IT.
  • Can we get more mod slots on the parazon? maybe increase it to 4, 5 or 6?
  • PLEASE add a feature where you can get ledge/leap finisher with the parazon, how it works is you are above enemies on a ledge or a zipline and their will be a prompted to do a parzon finisher (like Ezio in assassins creed)
  • Increase the chance to be able to get rare parazon mods from bosses or add them to one of the stores (teshin).
  • Any future boss reworks or new bosses intergrade parazon finishers to them.
  • It would be interesting to be able to make it work like a grappling hook however this don`t have to be universal it their could be a game-mode that uses this mechanic.
  • When it comes to grinner hacking can you make it back the way it was where the more locks you unlock the faster the dile moves like before.
  • Make a parazon on option to use as a melee weapon (duel welding). 
  • In lich related mission you have a option to capture an escaping (yellow) lich where you can use the parazon to either give you extra murmas or give you extra rewards like kuva, double of the rarest resources, location to an item that tells you lore about the liches/SOP etc.

And just to add PLEASE INTERGRATE THIS MORE INTO WARFRAME and make game modes that evolve around it.

Also here are some improvements the lich system needs.

for me overall, i love the descriptions, but i wonder if you guys can add

Greener
 - Bombard with shield (simple, they are one of the unit that can 1 shot you)

Corpus
 - Tech that use supra (they are considered heavy right?)
 - Those special units in Jupiter (they are basically heavy right?)

Guys don't judge me, i really don't care to remember the name of the unit... LOL

4 minutes ago, megamino said:

for me overall, i love the descriptions, but i wonder if you guys can add

Greener
 - Bombard with shield (simple, they are one of the unit that can 1 shot you)

Elite Shield Lancer (or Tonkor Noob: Enemy Variant)

4 minutes ago, megamino said:

Corpus
 - Those special units in Jupiter (they are basically heavy right?)

Amalgam(s)?

This fundamentally misses why Parazon kills aren't worth doing: they're slow, only affect a single target, and don't offer a meaningful benefit.

Worse, they require you to grind a bunch of rare mods far into the game. For parazon kills to be a thing, it needs to have higher innate bonuses (like a built-in guarantee to reward 50 Energy on kill) so that new players will learn early on that it's worthwhile.

This doesn't do anything to make Parazon kills worth doing.

6 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Elite Shield Lancer (or Tonkor Noob: Enemy Variant)

Amalgam(s)?

correct and correct... I don't remember if i can melee finish the amalgams though LOL

Maybe that's no no but tonkor noob I think it's a nice addition

hace 3 horas, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Hard Reset - Execute 3 Mercy Kills within 40 seconds to revive a fallen Sentinel or Companion. 

This one is quite interesting. So even if a sentinel died or expended all the charges from Prime Regen it can still be wrought back. That is good. Yet makes me wonder how the interaction will be with Prime Regen. As in on insurrecto it gets another three charges or not :) 

1 minute ago, Schwarzsturm said:

This one is quite interesting. So even if a sentinel died or expended all the charges from Prime Regen it can still be wrought back. That is good. Yet makes me wonder how the interaction will be with Prime Regen. As in on insurrecto it gets another three charges or not :) 

You still bring them back if you die and revive after its Regen is out of charges, and it doesn't get them refilled. Safe to assume the same applies here.

1 hour ago, MasterControl said:

If you want Parazon finishers to be more reliable, enemies *need* to enter a stagger state in which they are immune to damage for a short time when they die, similar to Thralls or Larvae. The time can even be shorter than Larvae, requiring quick action and for you to be paying attention. Otherwise, no matter how high you whack up the percentage for when an enemy is mercy eligible, it doesn't change that enemies at most reasonable levels will be dead in one to two hits and won't be able to be mercied by somebody who isn't fishing for it solo. I appreciate what you're trying to do, but overall I think this will be a fairly minor change for the majority of content.

58 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

a 5 second dying state (like larvlings have for nearly a minute) when their health hits 0 would be much easier and convenient to take advantage of.

This does seem to make parazons easier (for VIP targets) but i dont see it being a very significant change as those are already uncommon targets and the common targets would just die.

How does the impact change affect the non VIP enemies i really dont think i will be using impact because of this , its still appears too awkward.

The new parazon mods are cool , but again , i doubt i will actually use em as often - maybe it will be different in practice but i am skeptical.

I share these opinions and observations as well.

Who even uses the parazon enough for any of this to even matter? Even after they finish making melee bite the curb, it's easier to just keep holding M1 for a couple of seconds than to waste time sifting through the crowd for that one guy who has "Press X to die" over them. Why not buff Hydroid so he's more than just a farming tool, or actually bump up the numbers for guns instead of adding all these mods behind their several walls of tedium? How about making it so that common drops aren't part of the radiant drop pool so a radshare party doesn't get four common forma? Who asked for this? Who is sitting in the parazon fanclub going "Oh boy I can't wait until they buff this so me and the other two people who actually care can use it more!"

Hmm... looks pretty good overall!

One thing that pops up in my mind - inspired by the Jackal fight:

How about allowing Mercy finishers from a longer distance?

Make it kind of like a Ripline meets Blood Altar kind of deal. This makes Mercy finishers synergize better with non-melee weapons, and you could even add a Parazon mod which greatly increases the Mercy-range.

The only thing I'm not too keen on, personally (even though it's not outright terrible either) is the pidgeonholed effect of Impact status only being useful for heavy units. Imo, I'd rather make all elements more universal (so, Corrosive and Magnetic would need changing too). But at least Impact status now actually has a niche, albeit niched.

People ask for the enemy to ahve immunity phase while being able to be Mercy Killed.

Then I remember how it was to wait for Ash to kill a single Ancient Disrupter. But now we would get that on every Heavy Unit that would get their health down to 40% at least.

Looking forward to the new parazon mods but the Impact status and mercy finisher changes kinda feel like a bandaid solution since in almost everything but Steel Path and Thrall hunting, mercy finishers are not all that useful when compared to how much you have to do to achieve them reliably.

Here's a random consideration: When an enemy is open to a mercy finisher, you can kill them normally with weapons/abilities to gain a mercy "charge". You can accumulate a handful of charges. You can spend these charges to mercy finish an enemy regardless of health. The cost of charges depends on the type of enemy: fodder take 2, heavies take 5, eximi units take 1 additional charge on top of their base cost. (Think of how the Chainsaw works in Doom Eternal).

Archived