Parazon Rework: 30.5 Update!

1 hour ago, przemo877 said:

Haha don't we already have that in the game in the form of: "Stop reviving me! I need to die and revive myself in order to revive my companion"? I think that ability to revive a pet with parazon is a good thing overall.

Ahh my bad, for a moment i forgot about that one.. ever since i got a vulpaphyla with its devolution and Martyr symbiosis combo it just... stopped being a... inconvenience. 

I dont die, the pet will respawn in 30 sec. 

Imo, until that mod combo is kind of pet universal.. i know what pet il bring into 99% of my missions.

• Like 2

Il y a 4 heures, Kanaima a dit :

I like this for the most part but I'd like to mention something: making mercy kills matter too much runs the risk of increasing toxicity amongst players in co-op - I can already imagine people getting irate that their 3rd finisher was taken by someone else before their timer runs out for reviving their companion. Maybe make any buff effects from mercy kills apply to everyone in affinity range? It could make Vazarin slightly more attractive as a focus option.

At least this specific one. We don't need hacking bonus in many missions but reviving all downed sentinels could be great in many scenarii. I think most people will parazon their foe with a mechanic like this, even when they don't need it for themselves.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Oracle-Raven said:

So you can't do Mercy kills whenever you want?

Ok, so it's a system most players will completely ignore 99% of the time, noted.

3 minutes ago, Prexades said:

As long as I am still forced into separate buttons for melee and mercy kills, the mercy kill mechanic will stay dead,

DE are disillusioned if they think anyone cares about the parazon system outside of liches. It's there to give me auto breach, that's it

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Power Drain - 100% chance for next ability cast to gain +50% Ability Strength.

I love power creep, thank you!

to revive a fallen Sentinel

Sentinel can be 'fallen'? Ain't they dead the moment they are 'fallen'? Oh btw, does your sentinel in Nier Automata ever died? I can't remember.

• Like 1

Kind missed the major flaw that mercy kills are a waste off time before you get any mods in. It's like if guns did  no damage before you get serration leaving a new player confused why the guj even exist if it does nothing outside off looking and sounding cool.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The problem with Mercy kills is they are hard to pull off, making engagement with the system far too low! Mercy kills only have a chance to trigger when an enemy’s health is 20% HP or less. In practice, you really never know if it’s going to happen.

Mercy kills are meh, I only use them on Liches since it's the only way to kill them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, przemo877 said:

Haha don't we already have that in the game in the form of: "Stop reviving me! I need to die and revive myself in order to revive my companion"? I think that ability to revive a pet with parazon is a good thing overall.

We also have Harrows screeching "Saryn please stop murdering my targets, they have no use to me dead"

• Like 1

I feel like a better change would be to just have guaranteed executions when an enemy is at like 25% health rather than relying on impact procs. Would be a lot more consistent between different weapons and such.

7 hours ago, Lakyus said:

This is awful, sorry. Impact status was already underwhelming, and now it's even more limited, to heavy units only. Why don't you go back to the idea of impact knocking down enemies? Impact already is the worst IPS damage-wise, plus it's the worst status as well.

Otherwise, I love the changes to Parazon. Thank you!

Completely agreed. Also, the implementation shows a complete lack of understanding of how player damage works. So I need to stack 10 impact procs to make the health threshold for a mercy kill 80%...but I don't even know what weapon I have that could stack 10 impact procs and NOT damage them way more than 20% of their health, unless I deliberately gimp the weapon by removing mods. And then, what even is the point? 

Impact procs should do true damage to shielded enemies or something. Even staggering enemies was better than this.

• Like 3

I like these changes. My only comments are

• Why does the list of parazon-vulnerable Grineer not include the Nox? They are both more durable and more troublesome than either Heavy Gunners or Bombards. I would love to be able to parazon those jerks more often.
  • Given the rarity and inconsistency of opportunities to do parazon kills, the parazon mods which have just a percentage chance to trigger on a parazon kill are lackluster. Blood for Energy and the new Malicious Code mod should both be a 100% chance.
  • Hard Reset is like Protea's Repair Dispensary - it's just another patch for the problems with the sentinel system, which doesn't fix those problems, but does show that you all know that the problems are there. I'm not going to allocate a mod on my Warfarme or Parazon to reviving my sentinel, I'm just going to bring a vulpaphyla. A better fix would be to build this sort of functionality into The Regen and Primed Regen mods - change those mods to give us some active way to revive our sentinels, and stop trying to squeeze that feature in other places.
Edited by (PSN)digitalgabeg
  • Like 4

It would be nice to allow parazon for range execution move maybe make it as a mod or increase the number of the parazon mod slots, or just make it the default that if you are like 10 meter away you get to do the ranged execution animation but if you are in 3-4 range you get to do the normal hand to hand execution, i think that will allow more fluid gameplay as you don't always have to get closer to the target to use the parazon

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • All Eximus

Grineer

• Heavy Gunners
  • Bombards

Corpus

• Scrambus
  • Nullifiers

Infested

• Ancients

Mercy kills at high levels will have an extra consideration. They’ll be available when the respective enemy is at 40% Health, or 25K Health, whichever is lower. This only applies for really high enemies and units, but for a Heavy Gunner specifically for example purposes… for this to matter it doesn't kick until level 415. So generally speaking, 40% will be what you notice, but once you hit level 400+ content (generally), you’ll be using health thresholds

There are some big problems here.

• Corpus: Scrambus are really rare, and Eximus don't spawn in the first 5-10 minutes, while Nullifiers die in one hit to anything.
  • Steel Path Corrupted Heavy Gunners are affected by the 25k limit even at minimum level.
  • At high levels (9999) the Parazon becomes literally unusable, with health limits around 1%.

Why can't you make the Parazon not suck? Even if people slowly, one by one, kill level 9999 enemies after dealing 20% damage to them, how is that a problem?

• Like 5

Feedback & suggestion: 

Impact proc changes, new mods, and the 40% HP trigger on "elite" enemies sounds super awesome.... for the steel path enemies.

For normal starchart, it's still not going to matter/exist... unless you're a brand new player, and then it might exist for the first planet or two. (That's if someone didn't already help them level and mod their first weapon/Warframe, along with giving them a fully upgraded set of the "basics" suite of mods)

So Suggestion:

For the NORMAL starchart only, and low-lvl story quests, make it just like it works for Kuva murmurs. Maybe only implement this up to lvl 70, and exclude sorties, arbitrations, and ESO from this. 

Otherwise any star chart enemy below lvl 70 is just gonna die instantly, and then neither 40% hp, nor impact procs, will have any actual impact on parazon kills (pun fully intended). So all that awesome work and effort will just be wasted on anything below lvl 70. 

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 1

These changes sound great, and do a lot of work to make the parazon a more reliably usable strategic option in gameplay. 

However, the changes made to impact procs and their interaction with parazon mercy kills now closely resembles the behavior of Garuda's Dread Mirror ability, which insta-kills enemies at or below 40% health. The interaction that the parazon now has with the impact proc actually gives every Warframe a more effective version of Garuda's Dread Mirror ability, albeit without the shield and blood orb aspects. 

Perhaps, exclusively in Garuda's case, Slash procs and the Dread Mirror ability could have a similar interplay as the Parazon Mercy Kill and Impact procs. That is to say, Garuda's Dread Mirror should also be able to insta-kill enemies at higher health percentages based on the number of slash procs on that enemy. Obviously, because slash does not stop at 10 stacks, there should be some other limitation on this, such as maxing out at a certain health percentage (80%?) or changing the threshold by a smaller amount than impact procs (1% per stack?).

This would pair nicely with another, completely selfish suggestion that doesn't quite relate to this parazon workshop. In the first mainline update of 2020...

...Status was changed such that weapons could have greater than 100% status chance, and could inflict multiple procs per hit. This change was never applied to Garuda's Seeking Talons, which max out at 100% Status chance, even though it is possible to increase Garuda's Ability Strength in a way that hypothetically could well exceed that amount (but would require a serious investment, both in terms of endo and in terms of mod slots to achieve). Simply un-capping the slash chance of Garuda's Seeking Talons would both bring her line with the status changes made a year ago and synergize nicely with her Dread Mirror ability if it was changed to function in a similar manner to Parazon Mercy Kills.

In Summary:

• These changes look great, but give all Warframes a capability to insta-kill enemies at 40% health similar to Garuda's Dread Mirror, making her less unique

• Increasing the health threshold for insta-kill with Garuda's Dread Mirror based on the number of slash procs an enemy has would bring Garuda up to par with these changes
    • This would create another nice synergy between Dread Mirror and Seeking Talons, and thematically fit very well with Garuda's concept

•  An additional improvement could be allowing >100% status chance on Seeking Talons, enabling builds for Garuda that are extremely focused on ability strength in order to pump out slash procs via Seeking Talons and quickly execute powerful enemies with Dread Mirror
Edited by scramblegs

Overall, a good idea... I'll probably have a few more opportunities to make use of on-mercy mods...

BUT...

I'll always second guess mercy-ing a target, for fear on the off chance I might be interacting with the Lich Larvlings... and creating an abomination that will ruin hours-weeks of my time. (that's how I got my first and only unwanted Lich)...

Thus, I mod my Parazon for hacking, and only hacking, so no real benefit to me.

Very DE like, buff melee 3.0 just to nerf it again. Not a E masher but you could've just buff primary/secondary and kept melee as is so you can let the players choose how they play.

• Like 1