Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parazon Rework: 30.5 Update!

[DE]Rebecca

Sounds pretty cool, but i'd remove the timer on Hard Reset , there's really no need for it when you're already suffering the inconvenience of not having your pet/sentinel.

Instead, you could make it start accumulating charges only when you don't have a live companion if you are worried about stack holding.

On 2021-06-18 at 9:57 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Malicious Code - 50% chance for enemies within 15m to cower in fear for 8 seconds

How does this mod stand out from the parazon mod "Out of Sight"? Excluding the fact one blinds while this one causes enemies to cower in fear.

Mercy kills are terrible because they break the flow when you have to stop for the animation. Yeet the speed mod, make mercy kills faster overall. And add more mod slots to the parazon, if you're going to introduce so many new mods.

With the new mods coming out for parazon there is value in seeking a parazon kill every now and then. But the percentage of life to activate it is not really engaging, all it does is slow your game play. What if parazon was a meter that you built up with killing or whatever, once meter fills you can use the parazon finisher on any target. Pablo in the video even has trouble showing the parazon finisher, he acts carefully around the enemies not to kill them fast. Which is just completely opposite of what is fun about the combat in this game. We want to decimate large groups of enemies not tip toe around to get an animation. 

Ship this and the helminth (but remove the lottery system in that), and scrap the other changes. Melee nerfs are bad, IN NO AUDIENCE are these changes a good thing and the "buffs" we get in exchange is the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals.

En 18/6/2021 a las 9:57, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Parazon attacks were introduced in The Old Blood as a way to Mercy kill enemies. This stylish and universal blade has a clear role in all things Kuva Liches (and soon to be Sisters of Parvos), but their role in the game at large has been hard to play around.  There are problems in need of solving, and this workshop outlines our plans to do just that!

The problem with Mercy kills is they are hard to pull off, making engagement with the system far too low! Mercy kills only have a chance to trigger when an enemy’s health is 20% HP or less. In practice, you really never know if it’s going to happen. And if it does, it is often too late! You’ve riddled them with Status effects, a Squadmate casts an Ability, or your Kavat might be feeling extra bloodthirsty, and you cannot get in for the Mercy kill. 

We are changing their design, adding new Mods (thanks Design Council!), and refreshing the system. 

You can watch a video explanation as part of our Video Dev Workshop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4wt-4Bx3Cg

The change is based on a core principle: We want to make them more reliable and more strategic so you can actively decide if you want to use a Mercy kill or not.

Our change is rooted in the following:

A Mercy Kill opportunity will be guaranteed when an enemy gets below 40% (60% for Corpus, but requires all Shields being stripped), but only on SPECIFIC units in each faction. 

• All Eximus

Grineer

• Heavy Gunners
  • Bombards

Corpus

• Scrambus
  • Nullifiers

Infested

• Ancients

And the logic is rooted in the following common scenario:

Imagine you see a heavy gunner in the distance. You have “Blood for Energy” on your Parazon.  You see you need some Energy, so you start shooting the heavy gunner knowing full well once she’s at 40%, she will be open for a Mercy kill and the Energy could be yours!

You can plan and decide! 

With this change also means the Impact Status Effect is changing:

Before: Impact Status Effects used to increase the chance that the random Mercy kill opportunity  would happen.

After: Impact Status Effects increases the Mercy Kill threshold range on eligible enemies. So instead of triggering at 40% on the list above, you can apply Impact Status to do a Mercy kill sooner (4% per Status)… up to 80%. Meaning applying a lot of Impact Status quickly makes an enemy VIP more quickly susceptible to a Mercy Kill. Impact would then be a build strategy for getting the VIPs out of the fight!

But what about really high levels you ask? Is it not dangerous to allow for essentially 1-hit kills in our scaling game? Mercy kills at high levels will have an extra consideration. They’ll be available when the respective enemy is at 40% Health, or 25K Health, whichever is lower. This only applies for really high enemies and units, but for a Heavy Gunner specifically for example purposes… for this to matter it doesn't kick until level 415. So generally speaking, 40% will be what you notice, but once you hit level 400+ content (generally), you’ll be using health thresholds. 

New Mods!

Your Parazon Mod slots will have some new options in Sisters of Parvos!

New Parazon Mods

5 New Parazon Mods are here! Find them all today to add new power and Utility to your Parazon! 

• Power Drain - 100% chance for next ability cast to gain +50% Ability Strength.

• Malicious Code - 50% chance for enemies within 15m to cower in fear for 8 seconds.

• Hard Reset - Execute 3 Mercy Kills within 40 seconds to revive a fallen Sentinel or Companion. 

Design Council Contributions: 

• Swift Mercy - Speed of Mercy kills increased by 50%.

• Firewall - Reduces damage by 75% during hacking. 

So there you have it - onward to planning the era of Mercy, Tenno! See you in Sisters of Parvos! 

Hard Reset might be the best thing coming from this rework bar-tennone. A parazon mod that lets me revive my space cato or my sentinel? Les' go.

Please don't touch melee mods. You could add new mechanics for primary and secondary weapons without touching melee mods. I'm sure the players themselves became interested in the innovations of the main weapon without being forced.

27 minutes ago, Silicium14 said:

Please don't touch melee mods. You could add new mechanics for primary and secondary weapons without touching melee mods. I'm sure the players themselves became interested in the innovations of the main weapon without being forced.

This. I don't think the melee mods really need the nerfs. Melee is in a place where you can use basically any weapon you want, and I think the amount of choice offered due to this is great, and removing that choice would be counter-intuitive based on the goal of the changes (making more weapons viable in late game content)

On 2021-06-18 at 3:57 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Imagine you see a heavy gunner in the distance. You have “Blood for Energy” on your Parazon.  You see you need some Energy, so you start shooting the heavy gunner knowing full well once she’s at 40%, she will be open for a Mercy kill and the Energy could be yours!

Most enemies in game are either on 100% health or 0%. Even if the finisher was available once enemy is at 95% health, it would still be too difficult to use to care about parazon finishers.

I don't understand why you are still insisting on this design. Parazon finishers are great on thralls, because you MUST do them.

Can you finally just let enemies do the same thing as thralls do?

If the SPECIFIC enemy is killed, it kneels. You either finish it with parazon and get the buffs OR you can ignore the enemy. If not parazon killed they can bleed out in like 10 seconds.

I can promise you, that the parazon finisher usage will not increase in any significant way, if you do what you described in the workshop.

remove the timer on "Hard reset" ,

when killed. enemy should kneel and stay like that for 5-6 sec (staying open for a finisher )

impact should do something more, other than increasing the chance of the parazon kill ,
for example - reduce some defense/resistance or make a spot (banshee's alike with an increased damage taken),
or anything else to make impact more impactful (pun intended ).

Enemies die way too quickly for this "rework" to be anything remotely useful.  There needs to be some sort of guaranteed window to Mercy Kill for parazon finishers to ever mean anything.  And no "health threshold" will EVER be a guarantee.

21 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Most enemies in game are either on 100% health or 0%. Even if the finisher was available once enemy is at 95% health, it would still be too difficult to use to care about parazon finishers.

I don't understand why you are still insisting on this design. Parazon finishers are great on thralls, because you MUST do them.

Can you finally just let enemies do the same thing as thralls do?

If the SPECIFIC enemy is killed, it kneels. You either finish it with parazon and get the buffs OR you can ignore the enemy. If not parazon killed they can bleed out in like 10 seconds.

I can promise you, that the parazon finisher usage will not increase in any significant way, if you do what you described in the workshop.

This is the only way I feel that parazons would have any use. Either give us a "parazon charge" after we kill enough enemies, or make it so all enemies either have a chance or specific enemies always on death become parazon-able. If we don't parazon them then, they can just bleed out or something. 

9 minutes ago, Zenithrium said:

This is the only way I feel that parazons would have any use. Either give us a "parazon charge" after we kill enough enemies, or make it so all enemies either have a chance or specific enemies always on death become parazon-able. If we don't parazon them then, they can just bleed out or something. 

Yup. And I didn't mention the fact that even if I decided to carefully shoot a heavy gunner, so it doesn't vaporize, so I can use my parazon...

This is a coop game...

There are other players that can vaporize almost anything withing 0,01 seconds.. How am I suppose to comunicate to them to not vaporize this particular heavy gunner, becuase I need my 3 stacks to revive my sentinel...

This isn't a rework it's just a bandaid on a gaping wound thus isn't going to make parazon any more useful I think the video shows it of the best Pablo was not full moded weapons and to get to the percentage he wanted he had to stop shooting this the problem you and your team mates are not going to suddenly stop shooting enemies go from full to dead and if they don't then you've scuffed your build up because at higher level of content if the enemy is not dead within you looking at it most of the time you are

8 hours ago, -JT-_-R3W1ND said:

But, somehow you decide rules should be changed is a certan treshold. Can somebody who invented this explain what is the point of the strategy if it stop work at some point?

Does it matter ? 

They accounted for the Strategy reaching a threshold where it doesn't work anymore so they've taken measures to mitigate it.... 😁... I get that it's not ideal but trust me.... DE could have made it much worse.... 😱 !!!

6 hours ago, EdDiesel said:

How does this mod stand out from the parazon mod "Out of Sight"? Excluding the fact one blinds while this one causes enemies to cower in fear.

I'd be more concerned if I was a Nekros main.... It's just one more thing that makes him nothing more than a Corpse Defiler.

5 hours ago, Arthegall said:

We want to decimate large groups of enemies not tip toe around to get an animation. 

Speak for your self... I'd be much happier if I we didn't need to kill so much.... ,😱 !!!

2 hours ago, randkami said:

Hard Reset might be the best thing coming from this rework bar-tennone. A parazon mod that lets me revive my space cato or my sentinel? Les' go.

I'm curious if it also Resets the counter on Primed Regen 🤔...

29 minutes ago, (PSN)InstantPainX said:

This isn't a rework it's just a bandaid on a gaping wound thus isn't going to make parazon any more useful I think the video shows it of the best Pablo was not full moded weapons and to get to the percentage he wanted he had to stop shooting this the problem you and your team mates are not going to suddenly stop shooting enemies go from full to dead and if they don't then you've scuffed your build up because at higher level of content if the enemy is not dead within you looking at it most of the time you are

To be fair....maybe the set up Pablo was using is indicative of the progression most of Warframe's largest active number of players are at.... Sooooo yeah.... That's something to think about.

After reading the comments and thinking more about the matter, I came up with some suggestions:

• Allow us to attempt to do a Parazon finisher on any staggered, stunned, blinded or sleeping creature, much like the melee finisher.
  • Since the way to open them to Parazon finisher is easied, introduce a chance for the enemy to fight back, much like Liches do. The lower the health, the higher the chance for you to succeed on the finisher. At a certain threshold (40%?), it becomes 100% chance to finish them off instead.
  • Parazon Mods should trigger on a 100% chance. They must be reliable. You are already trading spray killing everything for a specific effect.
  • Add the dramatical pitch sound when we attempt to do a Parazon finisher, like Thralls have.
  • I agree with everyone about removing the timer from Hard Reset.
  • I also agree with whoever suggested the Parazon Ripline. Ninjas should have their grappling hook in hand. Give Valkyr a new 1 ability, she needs it!

Hello, i read and watched this workshop and whant to share my thoughts. Impact Proc change is bad because it involves still unreliable mechanic like was said before me enemies exist onle on 100% health or 0%. Make a new proc for impuct, my suggestion for it is a malfunction a.k.a. weapon jamm. Or procs which now belongs to mag and blast(they also need a new procs). IMO in order for proc to be good it needs to have value on it's own or in conjunction with other proc(like viral/slash). You know what, we just need another status rework so we can get rid of faction spesific status procs

On 2021-06-18 at 3:57 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Mercy kills only have a chance to trigger when an enemy’s health is 20% HP or less. In practice, you really never know if it’s going to happen. And if it does, it is often too late!

A Mercy Kill opportunity will be guaranteed when an enemy gets below 40% (60% for Corpus, but requires all Shields being stripped)

This is going to make absolutely no difference whatsoever, especially with the incoming weapon buffs. On-kill parazon effects are only usable by low-level players who take a while to whittle down enemies, but those players don't have access to the mods that would provide those effects. There have been numerous suggestions from the player base and from content creators on how this could be improved, pretty much all of which are better than this.

Useless. Of all the suggestions that have been made to improve the Parazon system, this is the only one that doesn't solve anything.

Right now, you just didn't know when the mercy kill is triggered, and even if it does, literally anything could kill the target before to reach it. Damn, even removing the finger from the trigger a bit to late is enough to kill it.

But with that, it's guaranteed that you almost never do a mercy kill since the only targets now eligible are the ones you don't want to get near. Yeah, right, it's nice to regain energy with a mercy kill, but i'll not hug an energy leech eximus to do that.

Until now, i didn't give a damn about mercy kills due to the inconsistency and pointlessness of trying to execute them, and it looks like that is not about to change …

Archived