Dev Workshop: The Arsenal Divide

Blood Rush is now equal to Sacrificial Steel at +440% max each, which means that combo builds are dead due to the extra mods required.

EDIT: i'm wrong, Sacrificial Steel is +550% with heavy attacks and sacrificial pressure (275%x2) so it's strictly better than Blood Rush, Blood Rush needs at least 50% per combo level to be equal, but for the extra effort an extra 5% for 55% would fit better. (Or just leave it as is at 60%)

Edited by Julia-Ambiguity
mistake
  • Like 47

So, while i do agree with the the nerf, who thought that having more arcanes is going to be a good idea? Come on, everyone hates farming them, especially because you just dillute loot tables. If you can manage that the farm wont be a pain in the a.. then we'll see.. if not then im putting down warframe for the time being Good luck

• Like 15

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Because the Gunplay falloff is more of a late-game problem, these new Upgrades will be earned through late-game content systems -- namely, the Steel Path.

Great so the game mode that was supposed to be optional and never be forced upon us now is if we want some of the proper gun gameplay...

• Like 56

4 minutes ago, Argon-Queen said:

So we have to play through the late game content, to get mods, so our guns don't suck at late game content? Wont that just promote the same 'E your way through steel path' issue? The very thing you are giving us these mods to stop doing?

The logic is amazing isn't it?

• Like 45

Tbh, this looks less like 90% buff/10% nerf and more like 70%buff/30% nerf which I can accept. 
But what I can not accept, is the fact that Stug, Vipers, Burston Prime, Bows (except for Bramma) etc. will continue to NOT be a valid option. 
Sorry, but if I had to put the progress with weapon balance in percentage it would be around 15-20%. 
And you said it yourself, with how the game grows, this will get worse.

I hate to speak it out loud, but I think you bit more off than you can chew with the game in it's entirety and it gets blatantly obvious with this workshop....

Edited by (PSN)c1234567890alvi
  • Like 40

Quick question - how will the new arcanes and kitguns interact? Will we be able to slot 2 arcanes into our kitguns? One slot for a Pax/Residual and another for the new one? Just the one slot and we have to choose?

I personally would love 2 slots for whichever arcanes we want, as it'd make kitguns that tiny bit more viable... but that's just my cup of tea

• Like 9

I expected worse, but this is pretty decent. Toning back on the worst offenders of the "melee combo broken" debacle without outright ruining them.

The galvanized savvies look like an opportunity for reverse condition overload (which would really bring guns up to speed).  Shame they look like they're capped at two stacks.

Looking forwards to shenanigans.

• Like 2

Okay here we go: 

Melee mod changes - Lmao you think CO is actually viable and thats adorable. The reduction in stats on the 2 best melee mods is questionable, but it doesn't seem like it guts melee so thats good. 

Glaives - Why? You made a fun weapon type and now you want  to ruin that? Congratulations, the typical DE approach of do sweet FA to rubbish and gut the stuff thats good *round of applause* 

Kuva Nukor - Part of the reason guns are terrible is that they are single target, so your solution is to nerf one of the few good guns in the game? The dev team really are geniuses .....

New Gun mods - So they're all r 10 mods ....... well theres 40k endo each just to test them all out .... Guns really needed their base stats tweak to accompany this. The mods seem like they might be decent, but i still can't see them keeping up with melee. I do really like the gun arcanes though, thats a good change. 

Overall - This ain't it chief. 

Edited by spudster888.
  • Like 74

hace 13 minutos, TheGuyver dijo:

What about hammers and other slow melee weapons? It's going to hurt them without being able to stack fury and berserker.

They are hammers. They are supposed to be slow melee weapons. Yes, I do agree that maybe they should be changed to have some benefits because of that, but I dont think it was ever intended to swing a fragor prime at 2.0 attack speed

• Like 9

hace 1 minuto, RoadCrewWorker dijo:

Also yeah, "were nerfing your favorites, but dont worry! theres buffs! oh you gotta grind them up again. Who doesn't love arcane farming?" isn't the most encouraging way to drop this.

Why are you even playing this game then lmao

• Like 9

First of all, that nerf won't make the Nukor that less desirable, it'll just make Seeker a mandatory mod for it - Which kind of goes against the entire point of reworking guns. You wanna nerf the Nukor? Trim its base status (say, a 5% decrease), decrease its chain by one (instead of two) and remove the hidden Microwave proc. Smaller AoE without crippling it, slightly slower status application and one less proc for Condition Overload. Its output takes a significant hit, but the weapon remains powerful. Plus, it doesn't depend on Seeker to hit more than a Roller and a Lancer at any point in time.

Second of all, why make the Weapon arcanes... Arcanes? It'd be awesome to have a combo system on every weapon by default, just like we do on melee. It'd be a consistent system.

Outside of that, I'm very excited for the Galvanized mods and the slight tweaks to melee. This is overall a pretty good step in the right direction, only slightly held back by two small flaws.

• Like 7