Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: The Arsenal Divide

[DE]Rebecca

I have a few issues with the workshop, first is with the new gun mods and the current cost of them, most weapons (outside of the kuva lich weapons) would arguably cost 5 to 8 forma just to be consider strong enough even for sortie level of enemies so having an additional 14 point drain mods along with the already high mods in current use (seration,elementals,split chamber,and the few weapons that can benefit from Internal Bleeding) seems a bit excessive, melee benefits from having a "Stance slot" which gives more mod capacity so despite having multiple 10+ drain mods it feels easier to use and easier to level because overall it is. another concern is the "on kill" mods, one of the many benefits that melee mods have is there easily applied buffs, prime example is condition overload, only requirement is to apply status to gain damage which isn't hard at all and any weapon outside of melee can help proc CO quicker so having a requirement be "on kill" and not "on hit" like @MobyTheDuck was suggesting or on status/crit applied is kind of weird since the time to kill on primary/secondary is the issue to begin with. last but not least is the overall requirements to make the primaries/secondary's viable for high level content so if I'm understanding this correctly we would need to buy a Arcane aperture farm the arcanes to get the max benefit, get 1 to 2 Mods with a mod drain of 14 put in the required forma (5-8) in order for me to change my playstyle from melee to primary? If we compare it to melee which requires one stance mod and 2-4 forma it just seems a bit off. well that's just my thoughts on it we'll just have to see how it performs when it's released.

2 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

"an extremely small change" is a hilarious way to describe cutting the Kuva Nukor's number of chained beams in half. I am so glad I didn't waste any time or plat on getting a 60% nukor, because of course this is the way DE respects their player's investment.

4 --> 2 is extremely small

3 hours ago, allenallenallen333 said:

To counter the current best SE farm, which is piling a bunch of SE on the floor until you get at least 2+ stacking double drop Smeeta buff. 

I like how the SE despawning part isn't written in any of the posts. It's only in the video. 

I know that, but why nerf it like that lmao, Plus, like you mentioned, it wasn't in the notes lol

How to kill all anticipation for your update in one easy step.

Prior to this I was waiting for the Sisters update to drop with baited breath, now all I care about is that my Nukor is weaker, my glaive prime is weaker and slower to use and if I want the other side of this rework that actually buffs anything I have to go and grind steel path, add even more forma to my weapons AND buy arcane slots.

Am i missing where the maximum ranks of the arcanes are listed or is that detail omitted from the description?

And yes, crucial info being video exclusive and missing from the text when DE cant figure out the age restriction situation is extremely frustrating.

3 minutes ago, L1fewater said:

4 --> 2 is extremely small

A 50% drop in a key stat is not ever going to be extremely small. They've knocked the weapon's ability to apply AoE status by roughly half. And we know why they did: they want to further nerf CO. 

Why is it so difficult for them to be honest about it?

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Can you buy Arcane Unlockers with Platinum?

- No, this is not a Platinum Market item. They are earned items through the Steel Path Honor’s store for 15 Steel Essence each.

Why pay SE for these ones and not any other arcane slot? 15 steel essence for how may weapons? Why limit limiting the play list of weapons we use in SP?

39 minutes ago, Digressive said:

Warframe is a M rated game and so the media must be restricted as such. Logging in with your Google account (GMail) will allow you to see the video.

Being logged in your Google Account doesn't change anything, if you don't submit to them age proof. And to check your claim, I visited a bunch of other M-rated YT-videos from other studios. They work just fine, no age-restriction. The only age-restriction I have seen so far is WF and police's body cam videos where someone gets shot. 

Just now, disrawtomato said:

Being logged in your Google Account doesn't change anything, if you don't submit to them age proof. And to check your claim, I visited a bunch of other M-rated YT-videos from other studios. They work just fine, no age-restriction. The only age-restriction I have seen so far is WF and police's body cam videos where someone gets shot. 

Ok, thanks for the info. I'm not having any problem viewing it, but if I could guess it may be YouTube + regional restrictions.

Sorry all, just trying to help.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb disrawtomato:

I’m from Germany, I can watch the video without problems, i submitted nothing 

33 minutes ago, Drichi said:

Lets be 100% clear: People like me (MR30 ot at least +20) aren't going to chain combos switching weapons.

Yes, cause its efficient to farm with, which is what the game is about. The entire community from what i observe in random squads, is done with having fun using bullet hose nerf guns by MR13. By then the efficiency thought sets in. To be efficient AEO is the way so ranged mods on Melee and everyone has an Kuva Ogris. This is going to change almost nothing about how SP is going to be played. Answer to the immense amount of enemy spawns in steel path, is AOE. No body is going to bring a Prisma Grinlok headshot build even if it maybe viable with these changes.

Also glaive changes rub me wrong. It's been worded to not hit hard or at least it reads like it. Who in their right mind uses a Throwable glaive to flail around like a hammer that the throw wind up had to be extended to 1.6? Quick throw damage halved. I wanna check how this effects Volatile quick return. The xoris is still a fantastic tool with Life strike only because its quick to heavy attack with.  

48 minutes ago, Digressive said:

Warframe is a M rated game and so the media must be restricted as such. Logging in with your Google account (GMail) will allow you to see the video.

Try saying that about the devstream from the past month which has a working embed, this past week's thank you for watching hometime video also has a working embed. Just for some strange reason, this one has a broken embed, and I cannot view it in any way without submitting private personal information I do NOT want to submit to Big Brother. Hell, the 30.3 Preview update is embeddable just fine.

Hot topic, no doubt. I'm fine with the melee nerfs, it's been long in coming and it should have been done months and months ago. The longer you waited, the more used to it the playerbase became and the more salty they're going to get over it. Also melee range needs to be looked at as well. It's fine for a gunblade or a thrown melee to hit enemies 5-10 meters away, but it's not fine for others. 

While I feel that the mods and arcanes will certainly help primary and secondary weapons, I doubt it will be enough and locking them behind Steel Path is, at least IMO, a mistake. At the very least a complete rebalancing should have accompanied them. But I also realize the amount of work that would incur.

I'll give DE the benefit of the doubt before I get too salty.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

I want to know what the logic behind these new gun mods and arcanes are.

We are struggling to kill higher level enemies with guns. So these mods will buff our guns damage, but only under the condition that we first kill the enemies we are struggling to kill in the first place.

That doesn’t make sense.

DE official reply: "lmao enloy the melee nerfs, also buy plat."

1 minute ago, (XBOX)CFG SatanDevil said:

I’m from Germany, I can look the video without problems, i submitted nothing 

You might have payed for a service or bought something in the past from Google Play with your Google Account? I can change my location to Germany (I live in the EU anyway), but still get the age-restriction prompt

Good guns already wipe most mobs with no problem and will only get more OP. Weak guns will still remain weak and unused. This will solve nothing, only exaggerate the disparity.  KNukor will still remain the most broken pistol making everything else irrelevant.

Melee mods nerf will do nothing  - will it do 2 mil dps instead of 4, who cares, mobs became pushovers, there is no combat anymore when mobs can't put up a fight.  You have to gimp yourself and play solo to get any action gameplay and fun.

The only mobs that need big damage are special cases like some Deimos monsters that have hidden damage negation (and thats an issue in itself)

Even SteelPath acolytes easily get killed in few seconds.

I know there are strong weapons that just 1 blood rush can reach our beloved red critical, but not all weapons can reach with just 1 mod. I also understand that some melee weapons nerfs were required, but I believe these changes will break a lot of weapons.

I'll give the example of the Rakta Dark Dagger that I use due to its passive (that makes me able to abuse the shield gating): with blood rush it only reaches 91% critical chance, I can't even see the orange letters! But I can still start using it and have fun, because most of the moves will give critical and with the condition + berseker + weeping combo the weapon can deal damage in the late game

This level of nerf will create a chasm between good and bad weapons, it will depend much more on the base attributes of the weapon. In other words I will no longer be able to play with the different possibilities that the game gives me in the late game (RIP. Rakta Dark Dagger). My dagger is just one example... there are LOTS of bad melee weapons in the game and you can use them due to these mods.

I believe that if the desire is to increase the variations in our arsenal, the ideal would be to replicate what was done in the past. Bad weapons were revived using the condition + berseker + weeping + blood combo. Why not create strong and similar combos for the primary and secondary weapons as well and make them competitive?

vor 1 Minute schrieb disrawtomato:

You might have payed for a service or bought something in the past from Google Play with your Google Account? I can change my location to Germany (I live in the EU anyway), but still get the age-restriction prompt

I don’t think so, I don’t use google play or other google pay services . 

2 часа назад, General-Pacman сказал:

I'm positive I'm going to have a lot of fun with the update, but I honestly can't understand DE's decision process behind it.

To add more grind. A lot more grind. And to sell us slots, forma and whatnot. That's it.

4 minutes ago, LidarPrime said:

I know there are strong weapons that just 1 blood rush can reach our beloved red critical, but not all weapons can reach with just 1 mod. I also understand that some melee weapons nerfs were required, but I believe these changes will break a lot of weapons.

I'll give the example of the Rakta Dark Dagger that I use due to its passive (that makes me able to abuse the shield gating): with blood rush it only reaches 91% critical chance, I can't even see the orange letters! But I can still start using it and have fun, because most of the moves will give critical and with the condition + berseker + weeping combo the weapon can deal damage in the late game

This level of nerf will create a chasm between good and bad weapons, it will depend much more on the base attributes of the weapon. In other words I will no longer be able to play with the different possibilities that the game gives me in the late game (RIP. Rakta Dark Dagger). My dagger is just one example... there are LOTS of bad melee weapons in the game and you can use them due to these mods.

I believe that if the desire is to increase the variations in our arsenal, the ideal would be to replicate what was done in the past. Bad weapons were revived using the condition + berseker + weeping + blood combo. Why not create strong and similar combos for the primary and secondary weapons as well and make them competitive?

I have the same opinion, unfortunately some weapons that are interesting due to some passive or synergy but that weren't blessed with strong base attributes or good base damage distribution in the correct elements will be heavily affected by these changes. Decreasing the possibilities of our arsenal

I like the idea of making primary and secondary weapons more relevant, but I'd like that without making other weapons less interesting.

Archived