Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: The Arsenal Divide

[DE]Rebecca

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Condition Overload

Condition Overload’s maximum value is being lowered. It’s been some time since we originally changed this Mod, and in this time we’ve decided we’re still not happy with the way this goes up against other Damage Mods (namely Primed Pressure Point). We’ve reduced this to 80% to make it almost as good as Primed Pressure Point, and 3 Status Types back to where it was originally. It remains true that even though the maximum potential damage is lower now, we think it is still an extremely powerful Mod in its latest iteration.

There should now be a more meaningful choice: do you want front loaded damage or a build up from multiple Status Types?

Condition Overload is changing from:
+120% Melee Damage per Status Type affecting the target.

To

+80% Melee Damage per Status Type affecting the target. 

Miss me the time when Condition Overload can offer a whole status build gaming unlike now that is being a replacement to pressure point and only an addition to hybrid build, and now further nerfed to the ground.

What was it about DE wanting the player to have broader choice of equipment setup? I think they forgot about their own policy when changing CO.
CO used to be able to let u mess around with pure Status build even without crits.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Except we have to kill the enemies to receive the damage increases from the mods and arcanes. When the whole issue is that guns aren’t strong enough to begin with. So the idea of “kill with gun to buff gun so you can now kill the enemy that gun is struggling to kill” makes zero sense.

Like I said, you can prime enemies for primary kills and then it'll get the buffs it needs to wipe out more enemies

I get it, no one is happy when the things they enjoy using become weaker. 

But, I tempered my expectations. 

I'm not disappointed like you, because I expected this, and I resigned myself to them toning it down at some point for the health of the game. 

You will be happier if you accept in advance, that anything truly king of the hill, is probably going to get smacked down a bit at some point. 

At least they are giving us a couple forma, to do whatever we want with, if we had a Kuva Nukor. And they are throwing us a few more forma if we are rank five or higher to help us start adjusting to the new changes. 

9 hours ago, Argon-Queen said:

So we have to play through the late game content, to get mods, so our guns don't suck at late game content? Wont that just promote the same 'E your way through steel path' issue? The very thing you are giving us these mods to stop doing?

My thoughts exactly. What the heck does it solve if the solution still makes us have to trudge through Steel Path without the Arcanes and Mods in order to get the Arcanes and Mods? This changes nothing except that once we're done with Steel Path, we'll finally have guns that could've performed well in it.

Killing? Please, it's getting off easy.

Also you'd have to be blind to have not expected a nerf for it sooner or later.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Lol how nerfed was it? Did they touch the damage or CD or SC?

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Kuva Nukor

We are indeed touching 1 non-Melee item in the series of Nerfs, and likely to no one’s surprise it’s the Kuva Nukor. It’s a dominant Secondary with incredible power, which is warranted given its acquisition. It’ll keep all of its signature behaviour, but the general output is being notched down slightly with the following change:
- Chains targets reduced to 2 from 4

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Lol how nerfed was it? Did they touch the damage or CD or SC?

You can chain  2 enemies instead 4. The stats aren't touched.... SO I honestly cna't understand how chaining 2 less enemies could kill a weapon, it's like OP is overreacting "a little".

1 minute ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Oh really? That's all? Not terrible. It'll still kick ass

Yeah it got off easy. 

People are still going to whinge though. 

Although, it sort of got a second nerf, just not a direct one, in that condition overload has been nerfed as well, and the two are often used together.

But it is has always been a strong weapon outside CO and will continue to be. 

I'm ok with some of this, but the reliance on 'on kill', pun not intended, kills any hope I have for the new Arcanes/Galvanized Mods.  I feel like some of these shpuld be changed to 'on hit' or 'on headshot or on kill', otherwise there's no point in running them when a nuke frame's Abilities are gonna eat all the kills alive.

All of these new effects with timeouts are much more beneficial to high rate of fire play.

Could you introduce bow or low RoF specific mods? You already have bonus per shot functionality in game with Void Strike.

Example: Practised precision. Primary or bow mod. On three consecutive headshot kills, +60% critical chance (and / or damage) for three shots.

Failing that, conditionally increase the timeout length. Example: x for 12 seconds (24 seconds for non-AoE bows, or if RoF less than 2).

I like to play stealth, with a bow, and take my time to enjoy the environments and NPCs you work so hard to build. To maintain the stealth booster with guns needs one hit kills without multishot. None of these changes help this.

41 minutes ago, Illvatar said:

It's like the "you need work experience to get a job, but you need a job to get work experience" = "We need galvanized mod for primary and secondary to be viable in Steel Path, but we need to be able to farm Steel Path to get galvanized mod"

Entry level position now hiring!

fine print: 7 years of project management required.

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

It could still be additive or multiplicative to quickening or Riven Mods. We need DE to give confirmation how it's calculated.

Confirmation would be nice, I suppose.  But with Berserker becoming a Fury variant,  multiplicative stacking would be so odd I'd be tempted to bug report it if DE didn't confirm that was the intent.

Honestly, it wouldn't even surprise me if the current stacking was something they either overlooked or never got around to fixing.

26 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I get it, no one is happy when the things they enjoy using become weaker. 

But, I tempered my expectations. 

I'm not disappointed like you, because I expected this, and I resigned myself to them toning it down at some point for the health of the game. 

You will be happier if you accept in advance, that anything truly king of the hill, is probably going to get smacked down a bit at some point. 

At least they are giving us a couple forma, to do whatever we want with, if we had a Kuva Nukor. And they are throwing us a few more forma if we are rank five or higher to help us start adjusting to the new changes. 

Forma to help us adjust to the new changes....  Really. Our time spent working on builds are completely wasted, we can get forma to rebuild some stuff yea that's true but what about the time we spent hmm?

5分钟前 , (PSN)Alphonso-Alonso 说:

Entry level position now hiring!

fine print: 7 years of project management required.

SP is not particularly difficult for some frames. As far as I know, melee heavy attack build is still viable after the rework. Couple with armor stripping frames, you are good to go farming SP.

Also, guns are actually not THAT bad at this moment. They fall off only in SP. You dun need those arcanes and mods for your usual contents, not even sortie or vanilla endless survival. That is why they are put behind SP.

With the exception of the condition overload-style galvanized mods, everything activates on kill... given that melee's combo counter can ramp-up even without getting kills, I feel guns will likely lag behind melee. Hoping we'll see one or two mods that allow guns to ramp-up even in scenarios where a kill can't be secured (either because your friendly neighborhood nuke is stealing most of your kills or because you're fighting something like, say, a condrix). The deimos soma-specific mod is a good example of what I mean.

So this is the "big update" that will fix all the balance issues.  💀

After reading this, I think it should be obvious: These changes will not fix anything. People will continue to use the same weapons as always and will continue to leave the rest in the dust, because the problem is not in the weapons, but in the dynamics of the game.

Keep up the good work.

4 hours ago, anfuerudo said:

Now, I'm looking at comments like "nerfs are fine", "I kinda agree with those nerfs" and such alongside, sometimes in one sentence, comments that CO/BR nerf is too harsh and I can't help but ask y'all a question: do you guys have Stockholm syndrome?

This workshop is a clear signal that DE is introducing yet another grindfest, because grind is a cheap, easy and lazy way of making content or, to be completely honest, spread existing content thin to stall you before you blast through it. Just look at Elite Dangerous, that thing recently doubled down on some of the worst gaming mechanics, like grind, and look how "well" its last expansion pack did on Steam.

This workshop promises you a lot of nerfs. And lets be completely honest here, these aren't minor nerfs, these are nerfs to most popular and most used mods among all of them. While simultaneously promising very little in return. Sure, on paper it all looks good, biiiiig numbers, stacking bonuses, all that jazz... But how quickly you will burn out farming SE for arcane slots and new mods? And how often will you use them(oh, sure, you will just put them and forget about their existence, because for regular content existing guns are quite overpowered as they are now)? How many of you will do a multi-hour runs in Steel Path or Arbitrations? And then how viable "on kill" model will be? We already have Bladed Rounds, Sharpened Bullets and Shrapnel Shot, but no one I know uses them, because "on kill" condition is that unreliable. Because if you lose you stack, you're done.

And you all know that.

So, I have to ask it again: do you guys have Stockholm syndrome? Ask yourselves, why do you approve DE taking things away from you while giving you things you either won't need or won't use. Ask yourselves, why you approve this blatant cash grab(because we all know that you will need a lot of forma to bring your melee weapons back in shape). Ask yourselves, why is it okay for DE to lie about bringing ranged weapons on same level with melee weapons, but when the time to act upon their promises finally came saying that "we feel that gun stats are in a good place"(no, they are not!) and blatantly nerfing what's used as a substitute.

Seems like Stockholm syndrome to me.

Could not have said it better. 100%  Agree with this.

Archived