Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: The Arsenal Divide

[DE]Rebecca

10 minutes ago, Glitchesarecool said:

Nope, sorry, you shot your own rework in the foot with this. I don't need another slot that I have to unlock to get the full strength of my gun, much less one I'm going to have to grind arbitrations for. We've already got Exilus slots that have to be unlocked, and arcanes on secondaries are already free for kitguns. Why not carry that to all the weapons?

Gotta pack a punch that weapon if you want it to be the best. 2 years from now. Now pack a punch it further beyond...

5 minutes ago, TTraw said:

You need to hold the glaive throw for 0.6s '(1.2s in upcoming patch) to get full damage, otherwise it's a weaker "quick throw".

Suppose that makes sense, I can't say I have ever knowingly done a less than fully charged glaive throw. But now I need to charge is twice as long to get the same effect, so that sucks. Can't say that I had ever accidentally thrown my glaive when doing a normal melee either. :\

giving new mods at steel path and adding arcanes are not the correct ways to enhance the guns

we need easier routes to get that mods or enhance the gun's former mods/ base damages

i'm agreeing to nerf glaives and melee mods but what we want is to make guns deal more damage like melee weapons with easier ways. not just dropping melee weapons damage and adding few mods and arcanes at hard accessible game contents. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb CrypticMonarch:

Nah, Melee was honestly one of the only things that kept most of the playerbase in Warframe. The power to cause crit numbers and millions of damage on their screen was honestly the whole fun of Warframe. Now thats gone, and the primary buffs aren't even that good,  New War is the last thing. DE has one chance to spark interest in the game this year. If Tennocon 2021 doesn't bring the New War, lot's of tenno will leave and this game may finally find itself declared as dead. 

I honstly have as much as quitted already because I am interessted in the Story and we got "no" Update in over 2 years regarding Story... Where is new war... Where is Planes of duviri. And yes melee was the only reason for casually loggin in to the game... But now I dont know anymore. With all the Bugs we get with every new Update i lost faith that try can produce an Update wich is interessting for more than 10 hours ( These Updates come 1-2 in one year). I have played this game for Far more than 1500 hours and can say that they where for better Back in the days. There arent even Events Do bridge Lack in content so... I might acutally quit for Real this time if im overly disappointed. 

45 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

What about hammers and other slow melee weapons? It's going to hurt them without being able to stack fury and berserker.

Maybe they could add an attack speed mod that increases it in a flat eay instead of a percentage kinda like they did with melee range mods. Just an idea (wink wink, DE)

1 minute ago, FriskyBizness said:

if only there was some sort of server that we could test these changes on. one that should probably have another round of account draw ins to get more active players TESTING on the TEST SERVER that you do in fact. have. please.

i beg of you

yeah I miss the test server

@[DE]Rebecca Question: Will Kitguns be able to equip 2 arcanes now? I hope so - I have been enjoying my Nekros+Kitgun with Residual and Theorem Arcanes, but it's pretty clear that these new arcanes outshine Residual Arcanes, which are already pretty weak and niche use.

Other than that - quite looking forward to these changes :) 

Edit;
So having thought about the changes for a bit, here are some concerns:
- Personally not a fan of Critical Chance "while aiming" mods. I don't see why this can't be the exact same mod without the "while aiming" part.
- Im not feeling Galvanized Aptitude, Savvy and shot. First of all our builds are extremely tight as it is, so there is no way these will fit in a Crit focused weapon. And non crit weapons? I mean, how much is 80%/120% damage increase really going to do? Assuming its additive like Condition Overload. If it's multiplicative with other equipped mods, then I think they are good. Hmm, fingers crossed on that.
- Why not Galvanized Bluderbuss aka crit for shotgun? :s

- I don't think this will change what primaries/secondaries players will use. AOE weapons will still be king - just gonna be stronger than ever. Single Target rifles etc. simply cannot compete in normal mob clearing missions. Maybe that's okay - just pointing out it won't change weapons used.

il y a 28 minutes, An8rchy a dit :

This kills any use for slow melees, not to mention it ruins build diversity within builds. I'm half ok with the change since the over all nerf was minimal to 5% BUT 10 seconds? Now thats unfair, it should be at LEAST 15 with the lack of clustered enemies.

Or maybe be affected by combo duration who would act as a sudo "power duration" for melee things.

I'll throw my feedback in here.

I like these changes, and I'm super excited to try them out, but this isn't gonna help very much. There are still dozens of guns who suffer from subpar stats like mutalist quanta and tetra or mods that don't help them out enough to get them to viability. Crit shotguns are still underwhelming because Blunderbuss doesn't give enough crit chance for it to be as powerful as other weapons, yet blunderbuss's shortcomings are not addressed. The arcanes and mods are meant to help out primary and secondary weapons along the steel path, but then these arcanes and mods are acquired FROM steel path, which defeats the purpose of them as players are just gonna use melee on steel path. The higher damage caps on the galvanized mods are really nice and could definitely help weapons that suffer from lower stats, but the problem with those is that those activate stacking buffs on kill. If a weapon struggles to kill high level enemies without the full effect of the mod, then that bonus is effectively pointless as the weapon is too weak to kill those enemies at its base which prevents you from stacking up the buff enough to allow it to actually deal the damage you want it to be doing. Its a bad positive feedback loop where if a weapon is able to kill those enemies than it just gets more and more powerful but if it isn't its just worse than putting the regular mod on.

A lot of guns need actual stat changes in order for more viability. Not all of them, there are certainly many weapons that are extremely powerful, but so many weapons in the game and you still have 15% of the entire player base running 1 secondary out of the dozens that exist. Nobody uses weapons like akzani or tetra not because the mods aren't strong enough. It's because the weapons themselves don't have the stats to make them viable even with the mods. You'll see more gunplay in higher end activities sure, but this divide is only addressing class to class, and doesn't account for the weakness of so many primary and secondary weapons in this game.

Don't get me wrong I absolutely love these gun changes, but I just don't think its gonna remedy the problem the way you think it is. And it also doesn't address a problem I thought this update WOULD address, which is many guns being left in the dust due to subpar stats. I want to see more variety in the overall weapon choices people can make. I want people to be able to take what are currently off meta/bad weapons like buzlok, veldt, plinx, despair, and bring them into more than just early star chart levels without needing a ton of maxed out mods and several forma to make it work. Players get the broken war for FREE super early and its one of the best swords in the game. Yet a player can work super hard to get the hema with their clan and be disappointed in how much worse it is. I'm not sure if that weapon variety is on your radar, but I hope it is.

I love the impact and parazon part, but part about primary and secondary pretty disappointed, blood rush nerf kinda okay is, but CO nerf need like 3 x status to be more than PPP, and berserker now just can be replace by PF (there was option between 2 depend on weapon but now berserker is gone lmao) and about the part you need to press E repeatly to get the mod to upgrade your primary weapon is kinda irony

Okay so Orvius will be the superior option to Xoris once a person reaches mr5, which means Xoris should primarily be used for granum void.

DE, I do appreciate the respect MR5 players are getting right now. Not only is it friendly for newer players, but it's also friendly to anyone who wishes to challenge the entire game at the lowest mastery rank possible (MR5 Challenge™, aka speedrunners).

Disappointed to hear my recent day 200 tribute pick of primed fury was a waste now that berserker's becoming mutually exclusive with, but still better than it. Still, all seems good to me aside from that! Hoping for more gun arcanes down the road, frankly I don't foresee deadhead being terribly useful for things other than sniper rifles and the athodai, but perhaps it'll prove more useful than I'm anticipating. To a hundred more hours of steel path to grind out all the new stuff once the update drops!

8 minutes ago, MasterControl said:

If Condition Overload is worse than Primed Pressure Point like you intend, it's just not going to be used anymore, most likely. Most people were already swapping out PPP for Condition Overload, due to limited mod space and the fact that stacking multiple base damage mods has diminishing returns. Condition Overload is fine as-is, as it is stronger after ramp-up but worse beforehand. If you want to nerf it, force it to be used in favor of Pressure Point, instead of allowing you to stack the two. Force players to make the choice of initial damage vs long term damage. I think this is going to be the most controversial change on this list.

Condition Overload won't be worse than Primed Pressure Point, and it's obviously not what they intend.

Current Condition Overload vs Primed Pressure Point:

• No Status Effects: 0% vs 165%
  • One Status Effect: 120% vs 165%
  • Two Status Effects: 240% vs 165%, CO is already better.

Proposed Condition Overload vs Primed Pressure Point:

• No Status Effects: 0% vs 165%
  • One Status Effect: 80% vs 165%
  • Two Status Effects: 160% vs 165%, CO is insignificantly worse, a total Damage Loss of (1 + .8*2) / (1 + 1.65) = 2.6/2.65 = 98%, 2% Damage Loss.
  • Three Status Effects: 240% vs 165%, and CO is in the lead again.

Adding to this how ridiculously easy it is to stack Status Effects on Enemies, 1+ IPS and 1+ Elemental from your Melee, plus 1+ IPS and 1+ Elemental from your Primer Gun, reaching 2 Status Effects, aka equal to PPP, is guaranteed and scaling beyond that is still extremely easy.

CO will remain the defacto Damage Mod for any Endless, Steel Path, Level Cap, etc styled Mission, every Status Melee, most Hybrid Melees, all Hybrid Melees with Weeping Wounds and even some Crit Melees with Weeping Wounds.

Archived