Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: The Arsenal Divide

[DE]Rebecca

7 hours ago, Broken_Samurai_Cothiro said:

Ah, yes, Arbitrations. Because caving in to the outraged vocal minority always works out.

I don't even understand how Galvanized mods being in Teshin's shop was even an issue. If you are struggling in SP as is, there are other things wrong with your builds and new mods will not save you..

Changes like these only devaluate SP.

Just wait until someone from twitter says the helmith invigorations are a good idea or that the galvanized mods should be added in SP Grendel mission and watch DE post it on forum that the comunity supports these changes.

People are hoarding SE so everything that will be added will be available to a small community in a few hours after the update.

But to lock it behind one of the most anti fun game mods beats me, at least SP is not a snooze fest.

@[DE]Rebecca if you’re gonna change it at least go big or go home, add the new mods in the same rotation with harrow or nidus…even better…..reward for tier 10 on EOS, but make it 2% chance and split reource pool with 1000 credits and 50 endo.Who needs fun in warframe

The change to move the modes to arbitrations its a awful idea, just make it available for both stores, also u are no addressing the matter about the single target guns versus the aoe guns, at least put a build in buffed double tap mod (the Latron one) with a inverted proportional effectiveness based on weapons fire rate just affecting the projectile striking the enemy. Also all pellet based low fire rate guns(shotguns by nature not category) should have a doble stats(damage, status & critical chance) applied only to truly personal close range 0.1 to 3 meters & a 5%hp execution threshold. 

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades! 

Nah, i never thought so

1 hour ago, NI7SUM said:

The change to move the modes to arbitrations its a awful idea, just make it available for both stores, also u are no addressing the matter about the single target guns versus the aoe guns, at least put a build in buffed double tap mod (the Latron one) with a inverted proportional effectiveness based on weapons fire rate just affecting the projectile striking the enemy. Also all pellet based low fire rate guns(shotguns by nature not category) should have a doble stats(damage, status & critical chance) applied only to truly personal close range 0.1 to 3 meters & a 5%hp execution threshold. 

I had to remind myself what Arbitrations  were and then immediately recoiled. Vitus essence farming is completely and utterly tedious. Boosting the steel essence drop from Acolytes and SP incursions was a good idea. But having to slowly frolic around arbitration’s to hit the tiny enemy to take away plot armor from the guys who drop vitus essence? No. Please no. God no.

I think I’ll wait until the mods get into the trade market and just whale them. I really don’t want to do arbitrations under any circumstances. It’s just not a fun way to spend an hour for maybe 5 pieces of currency. 

edit: In the event galvanized mods aren’t tradeable I just won’t get them at all. There are not enough words to express how much I really don’t want to touch arbitration’s. 

Why couldn't DE just bring guns to melee level because if they did then they could've expanded the enemy variety in higher missions like new acolyte or random bosses spawning in mission. This could've given us a challenge and a reason to play steelpath for more exclusive rewards. Also who suggested moving the galvanized mod to arbitration because even for me as a player that love the grind will say that grinding on arbitration for years is the absolute worst grind ever. Steelpath shop needed those mods to gain more players and motivate low level players to up their arsenal.

@DERRebecca

I’ll just say it as diplomatically as I can. Melee playstyles are considered unhealthy, even for those of us who are quietly playing solo without youtube Channels or platforms to justify ourselves to devs.  That is an infraction that warrants harsh nerfs to our playstyles.

But is it really healthy to create gun “buffs” that rely on you getting a last hit or special headshot kill in a squad of up to 3 other players tripping over themselves to steal the last hit so that they themselves can maintain 3-12 seconds of a gun buff? Let alone, if someone sees another player struggling to kill a heavily armored enemy and then just parazon kills the target right out from under them so no one gets the buff? This has effectively turned  Warframe into a Competitive Shooter. 

Their fix to this is just not going to work. For example, Nyx in SP can do well. Infested are no problem which is kind of the same for most warframes. I guess when you get to point of too many ancients hook-spamming you, then they may be too much. Grineer are a nice challenge. If you want to re-live the "tactical" Warframe of years ago, then SP, Nyx and Grineer are a nice combination to do that. Corpus missions? Oh, #*!% those guys. Nullifier bubble spam, pet spam, and what seems to be a ton of hit scan weapons make them the most annoying faction by far in SP. Primaries and secondaries doing more damage? That is not really going to solve that problem.

Poor @[DE]Rebecca, you can ask her to convey message or suggest stuffs but don't bash her, she is not the one that came up with all these stupid ideas. She is merely the middle person conveying stuffs to the players.

I'm sure she can felt pressurized sometimes handling both sides.

I'm ok with this.

Having to run Steel Path in order to get an item you need to run steel path makes no sense what so ever. Also, since I finished grinding all the things I needed from Arbitrations I haven't touched them. This change gives me a reason to go back and visit it again.

I'm always saying that DE never revisits old content after its release, so it's nice to see some older content being given something new to encourage people to play it again.

But, I have a question.

Melee is currently in its "overpowered" state because of Melee 2.0 (or whatever the melee rework was called.)

Why not do the same to Firearms and rework the way that firearms are handled in the game instead of just releasing a handful of band aid mods and throwing out a few nerfs. 

How many guns were nerfed during the melee rework? not a single one, so why not just balance firearms in the same way?

Surely if people get what they want they'll be satisfied?

And if the mobs die too quickly isn't that what a power fantasy like Warframe is all about? you can always add "Iron Man Steel Path" where the mobs are even tankier and you only have 1 life.

Now, about those other issues that people had with the update. A little news on those would be most welcome.

make a mod for range weapon 
when aim for 2 sec a shield wil rise at front ; will block/reduce damage

add a passive for sword&shield : when aiming using range weapon gain 50% chance enemy bullet/projectile get reflected back or null

29 minutes ago, (PSN)Alphonso-Alonso said:

I had to remind myself what Arbitrations  were and then immediately recoiled. Vitus essence farming is completely and utterly tedious. Boosting the steel essence drop from Acolytes and SP incursions was a good idea. But having to slowly frolic around arbitration’s to hit the tiny enemy to take away plot armor from the guys who drop vitus essence? No. Please no. God no.

I think I’ll wait until the mods get into the trade market and just whale them. I really don’t want to do arbitrations under any circumstances. It’s just not a fun way to spend an hour for maybe 5 pieces of currency. 

edit: In the event galvanized mods aren’t tradeable I just won’t get them at all. 

Mixed on the new mods as well.

Multishot: Definitely worth it to replace Split Chamber and the other mods like it. Get those three.

Status Chance: It looks like they thought, "Hey, you know how Condition Overload (the main culprit) and Blood Rush (much lesser culprit) broke melee? Let's do the same for ranged attacks." Sometimes I wish they would just bite the bullet and kneecap Condition Overload and then re-balance the high end game. Saryn and other frames like her with Kuva Nukors are going to be everywhere in SP now.

Headshot: In SP Survival who has time to make headshots. For non-swarm missions, it help solo players with sniper rifles that don't have a way to bypass the large armor and health values. The 12 second timer sucks for a solo player though All in all it is going to be much easier with a beam weapon. I have a feeling as other people have pointed out is that the Kuva Nuko is going to be insane. 

Mods for shotguns in general: Do people still use shotguns in SP or in Warframe?

DE, you understand that's not gonna solve the problem, right? melee will still be top used, strong guns will still be strong.

how are those changes making weapons like the Hema(which still costs 5k mutagen sample and it's still one of the weakest weapons in game) good or at least usable? 

On 2021-06-22 at 2:14 PM, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Sadly because it became a no brainer mods when you used the proper tools to set status.

But on the bigger picture, it made pure status build VIABLE back then. It was something that actually fits DE's vision long time ago, wanting players to hav ediverse choice in equipment and builds.

Sure Hybrid build is broken before or after melee 2.9, 2.999..., and 3.0 changes, but before all that, you can have pure status build working solely on its own with multipliers good enough to go almost as far as hybrid setup.

Now such build is just out of the question, with CO changed into a presusre point replacement it just narrows builds towards hybrid because u get more slot and pure status soon becoming even less functional because Condition Overload is capped at 240% damage increase only.

10 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

Except it will make already underwhelming frames like excal and atlas weaker in steel path due to melee mod nerfs, so it's not fair to buff already top tier mesa in the same patch weaker frames get nerfed.

Then you should be protesting the melee nerfs because they are wholly unneeded and DE is doing it anyway.  DE made the decision to nerf melee and buff the primary and secondary weapons to "fix" the problem when the real solution is to buff the primary and secondary weapons and leave the melee weapons alone.  Mesa shouldn't get penalized for DE's bad decision here.

10 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

Don't want already overpowered frame to be buffed = wrong? Yeah, whatever, what a waste of time.

Except Mesa (on Steel Path) isn't OP.

3 hours ago, Xsoskeleton said:

Now such build is just out of the question, with CO changed into a presusre point replacement it just narrows builds towards hybrid because u get more slot and pure status soon becoming even less functional because Condition Overload is capped at 240% damage increase only.

There is no such cap on Condition Overload, and there never was.  This is an incredibly common misunderstanding simply because of a comparison DE made between Condition Overload and Primed Pressure Point.

On 2021-06-18 at 3:00 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

3) Galvanized Mod Acquisition:

Moved all Galvanized Mods to Arbitrations from Steel Path. 

Why: This change is rooted in the depth of the new items we’re putting in Steel Path with this Update, and the hope some players had about being able to earn the Galvanized Mods before they even arrived on the Steel Path. Since Arbitrations also require a completed Star Chart, but are a step up in difficulty from that base Star Chart, we thought (and so did many of you) that they’d be a good stepping stone for earning some of the new Upgrades! 

Please, for the love of god, don't move galvanized mods from steel path to arbitrations.  Whether you intend to make them drops, or have us purchase them with vitus essence, either option sucks compared to being able to run any steel path node we want in order to buy them.

They want us to drink the Flavor-aid so bad and accept these changes, then they need to prove to us they work.

I propose a live stream to prove these changes makes more guns viable for high level play.

1: Mid star chart Steel Path mission. I was thinking doing Tyl Regor assassination or something along those lines. Or even an extermination so they have to actively kill things and keep moving instead of having everything just come to them like in defense and such.

2: Mid tier primary and secondary weapons, since most of those can't even handle SP right now.

3: No Kuva weapons. Show us these mods can fit fine on guns without the extra mods cap that we only get with Kuva guns.

4:NO MELEE WEAPONS EQUIPPED. No whittling down enemies with melee and finishing them off with a gun and this will prevent it.

Meet these conditions and finish the missions in a relatively fast time and I might consider this a just update.

9 minutes ago, Jesterof_Chaos said:

They want us to drink the Flavor-aid so bad and accept these changes, then they need to prove to us they work.

I propose a live stream to prove these changes makes more guns viable for high level play.

1: Mid star chart Steel Path mission. I was thinking doing Tyl Regor assassination or something along those lines. Or even an extermination so they have to actively kill things and keep moving instead of having everything just come to them like in defense and such.

2: Mid tier primary and secondary weapons, since most of those can't even handle SP right now.

3: No Kuva weapons. Show us these mods can fit fine on guns without the extra mods cap that we only get with Kuva guns.

4:NO MELEE WEAPONS EQUIPPED. No whittling down enemies with melee and finishing them off with a gun and this will prevent it.

Meet these conditions and finish the missions in a relatively fast time and I might consider this a just update.

This.

In fact:

Play test proof of concept with all squad mates equipped with  galvanized mods on an Assassination- Sargus Ruk perhaps.

I want to see the devs realize how much of a cluster it’s going to be when everyone is jocking to get a last hit to maintain their kill streak only for that window to fall short when the boss doesn’t have their invulnerability state  active. 

These buffs are so poorly conceived for actual play.

I had to test how the upcoming Blood rush would work and i came to conclusion that it cant be at 40% Cc buff(its too low and even with deconstructor we see inconsistent red crits) it should be 50% definitely or maybe reduce the moddin capacity to 9 instead of 14  just like Weeping wounds

I will not read 62 pages of feedback, but...

>>Have anyone adressed the fact that these "on kill" effects will make people tryhard and fight for kills to keep the buffs up?

That´s a issue Harrow and Nidus suffer on daily basis, so this will make more people just switch to solo mode making the game feel empty to those trying to run pubs.

Archived