Dev Workshop: The Arsenal Divide

6 минут назад, Leqesai сказал:

It is not necessary to do combo systems with primary and secondary weapons... Arcanes and Galvanized mods already do stacking effects like blood rush and condition overload... They just do so with out an arbitrary system added to it like combo multiplier...

And this is a bad decision which separates meele and shooting even more.

I dont want to look at timers and perform a kill with specified weapon to maintain separate combos - i want to use convenient weapons in current situation. Switching between meele and primary not because i HAVE to, but when i WANT to.

Edited by Monrka
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

On guns that are already good and combined with arcanes, they will. Steel path spawns a lot of fodder enemies, and kiling fodder to get and maintain (mostly) buffs will not be a problem. 

Problem is not the buffs themselves, but the fact that melee, even nerfed, will continue to the same thing as guns with these buffs, but far cheaper (mod/forma costs) and without requiring you to do a metric crapton of tedious farms. A true testament to how bad this set of changes is as a solution to "guns vs melee" problem and how bad DE are at balancing their game in general - they went a full 180* from their initial "without neccesary directly nerfing melee, but rather buff guns to be comparable" statement to directly nerfing two of the most important (arguably) melee mods and the most powerful melee enabler, yet still couldn't make the buffs look good enough.

Ah I see. Good points sir, thanks for replying to my thread. I’m curious to see the repercussions of this update

32 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

It is not necessary to do combo systems with primary and secondary weapons... Arcanes and Galvanized mods already do stacking effects like blood rush and condition overload... They just do so with out an arbitrary system added to it like combo multiplier...

27 minutes ago, Monrka said:

And this is a bad decision which separates meele and shooting even more.

I dont want to look at timers and perform a kill with specified weapon to maintain separate combos - i want to use convenient weapons in current situation. Switching between meele and primary not because i HAVE to, but when i WANT to.

Thats why i said, just seeing ingame content.. seeing only by stats not testing itself cant be sure about anything.

No love for single target guns?

I mean, the aoe explosive meta already is the way to go about sp, if you push the dmg up with arcanes, warframe buffs, panzer viral and other stuff you are good to go.

Those new changes mean we don't need as much effort to reach this usability level.

But the fact is that as right now, even a buffed single target weapon pushed to its limit seems lacking while dealing with the man-vs-army situation ever present on warframe missions, specially on steel path. Its never a good idea to kill 20+ enemies one by one, when you can kill em all on a single bramma boom.

Now why not... if i may... suggest 3 mod ideas to make those beloved underused weapons a viable choice again, perhaps? All of them to be used on the exilus slot, and you could only use one at a time.

1- Homing bullets/arrows - One of the charms of explosive weapons is that you don't need to aim much to kill enemies. Even at long range its pretty easy to hit a target with a 13m radial explosion. It don't need to be a Buzlok level of homing, more like Akarius... still you need line of sight and to point in the right direction.

2- Chain bullets/arrows - Just like glaives or cedo's alternate fire. You aim for the first target, then those bullets would bounce to 2-3 enemies... maybe with reduced dmg... maybe not.

3- Glass bullets/arrows - Just like Astilla's slugs, those projectiles would shatter on impact dealing reduced radial or cone aoe dmg.

So if you are on a wide map, shooting enemies at 50+ meters, use homing bullets, as you have time to kill em before they get to you. If fighting small groups of difficult enemies then, use chain bullets to deal higher dmg to small groups. If you are fighting hordes of weak enemies, use glass bullets.

Maybe one day my beloved supra vandal will be as effective as a kuva bramma or phantasma... until then i'll keep exploding stuff up.

Edited by gvsjunior
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

While not necessary, it would incentivize weapon switching more if there was some damage boosting system affecting your entire arsenal. With these Arcanes and Galvanized mods, we'll have three almost completely separate collections of buffs. Three areas to stack, one for each weapon category, and basically the only way to stack them is to use that weapon (with Primary/Secondary Dexterity being the only exception, which can only be stacked by using another specific weapon category). And if you're not actively building stacks, you'll lose them over time.

Keeping all stack going is all whip and no carrot, so I imagine a lot of players will just stick with a single weapon for the entire mission. Hell, there'll be more of an incentive to do that than currently. So yeah, sure, it's not necessary to make the combo system universal, but it's plainly the smarter solution.

• Like 6

On 2021-06-18 at 11:29 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Can we remove the Age Block?, not everyone wants to sell their information or give their credit card details to YT, this effects even logged in users Edit: Even with the restrictions off, YT is asking for Credit Card Information or an ID (No one wants to do that)

@[DE]Rebecca

Are....you kidding...? Right? It doesn't ask for any credit card or id at all...

As a Xoris lover, I'm hugely disappointed in the Glaive changes. It's going to take twice as long to do a charged throw, but with no increase in power... so that basically cuts the DPS of thrown glaive weapons in half. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ryptoryx said:

why are the mods on kill. make them on hit. what if you want to fight bosses?

Bosses almost always have little minions running around. Those aren't just to annoy you - they are there to drop ammo and other resources and to help you trigger procs on On Kill mods.

19 hours ago, Leqesai said:

The game is so mind-numbingling easy at this point...

Warframe has always been easy since they got rid of trails and changed the meta from CC to damage. DE needs to introduces more tactical mechanics and missions in the game, this includes better AI, armor scaling, etc, than just more endless mission types. Until then it's grind until you can one shot the enemy or find an infinite damage combo.

My suggestion for gun stances is simply to even out the mod capacity for both guns and melee. As it stands you can have a powerful melee weapon with less forma than a primary or secondary because they are not going to reduce the mod capacity of frames and melee weapons.

I'm glad guns are receiving some arcanes but it won't be long until melee receive arcane too then we might be back where we are right now.

I feel that one of the biggest issues with melee is that ranged enemies stay within melee rang, instead of moving away from you. And on top of that the best they can do is to bash  once, which takes them forever to recover and start shooting again. I know for me that when I hit an enemy with melee and they start to run, I start to shoot. But if they just stand there, I am just going to keep swinging.

10 hours ago, Ryptoryx said:

why are the mods on kill. make them on hit. what if you want to fight bosses?

I'm guessing that's the point. DE already used scaling Damage Reduction on the Condrix to rein in the ridiculous power gap between players.

If DE balances event bosses around the upper tier, the majority of players won't be able to participate. It's the same reason why bosses are status immune. 

The gap between player damage is just as large as the gap between Grineer EHP with everyone else.

I'm sorry how on earth is a 30% nerf considered "careful nerfs" by your development team?

When Tactical Potato and his big mouth asked for lesser gap between melee ang guns he surely didn't mean this (And yes, I remember Scott saying that this was on his mind before the downpour of Potato's videos, but he's the one who got really insistent with that and basically got the snowball rolling among the playerbase) .

Balancing down to the lowest common denominator is never good, and is never fun for players. And lastly, the community has been critical of ludicrous grind requisites for more than a year, and you communicated clearly on more than one occasion that you listened and were trying to cut down on the grindfest. And now your so-called buff to gunplay is just more grind? At least 1 extra forma per gun we wish to make better, plus all the time and effort required to get the arcanes? 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, PraetorGix said:

I'm sorry how on earth is a 30% nerf considered "careful nerfs" by your development team?

When Tactical Potato and his big mouth asked for lesser gap between melee ang guns he surely didn't mean this (And yes, I remember Scott saying that this was on his mind before the downpour of Potato's videos, but he's the one who got really insistent with that and basically got the snowball rolling among the playerbase) .

Balancing down to the lowest common denominator is never good, and is never fun for players. And lastly, the community has been critical of ludicrous grind requisites for more than a year, and you communicated clearly on more than one occasion that you listened and were trying to cut down on the grindfest. And now your so-called buff to gunplay is just more grind? At least 1 extra forma per gun we wish to make better, plus all the time and effort required to get the arcanes? 

Anyone that thought that CO/BR/Berserk weren't going to get a significant hit was dreaming, DE's quote about nerfs or not. You'll still be able to shred with little effort and melee is probably still going to be king. Hard for me to get upset by it.

And yeah, there's grind for power. Welcome to Warframe. Compared to the past, this is kind of nothing. A guaranteed arcane drop off Acolytes? Galvanized mods for 20 vitus essence, meaning a lot of people can just buy the whole set on launch? Yeah, this is nothing to get upset about. 

• Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, PraetorGix a dit :

for your average hybrid weapon with the use of a proper status spreader as primary or secondary the nerf is around half the current damage output

On 2021-06-25 at 9:17 AM, (PSN)Kirusdagon said:

Are....you kidding...? Right? It doesn't ask for any credit card or id at all...

xx8cv65eztz51.png?width=443&format=png&a

"Any transactions fee will be fully refunded".

So it's actually 2 times worse than what you thought reality was because they are going to charge you for it too.

I feel as community manager, anything related to social media, reddit, twitch or whatever, it's your actual profession to stay on top of it. A twitch menu for some bonus item for the game or chat malfunction or whatever. That's their speciality by profession.

Since warframe is rated 18 it can't possibly be a surprise it gets age restricted.

The point here is the announcement of it is from late 2020, that aside, as a community manager you'd be expected to check your own uploads during advertising?

"I wonder if you can watch our advertising on youtube, without logging in, let me just click 1 button to log out and check".

That aside... lol. 64 pages and 8 days later of people telling you, your video went 404, you still haven't acted or maybe even realized at all?

You really just had to scan the first page of replies in 20 seconds to find out. Just couldn't be bothered reading anything not one word.

Wouldn't it be funny if they straight up ignored every single post and haven't even read that the videos are down lol.

Busted, I guess?

• Like 2

You should LIVE the steel pass with your new UPDATE, let us know your brains are working not joking.

I never see your live with high LV map, so you never know what we face, you think it's easy, so show us, show us that your way is working in the steel pass, even more difficult situation.

We know you won't, because you have no idea what you do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Surbusken said:

xx8cv65eztz51.png?width=443&format=png&a

"Any transactions fee will be fully refunded".

So it's actually 2 times worse than what you thought reality was because they are going to charge you for it too.

I feel as community manager, anything related to social media, reddit, twitch or whatever, it's your actual profession to stay on top of it. A twitch menu for some bonus item for the game or chat malfunction or whatever. That's their speciality by profession.

Since warframe is rated 18 it can't possibly be a surprise it gets age restricted.

The point here is the announcement of it is from late 2020, that aside, as a community manager you'd be expected to check your own uploads during advertising?

"I wonder if you can watch our advertising on youtube, without logging in, let me just click 1 button to log out and check".

That aside... lol. 64 pages and 8 days later of people telling you, your video went 404, you still haven't acted or maybe even realized at all?

You really just had to scan the first page of replies in 20 seconds to find out. Just couldn't be bothered reading anything not one word.

Wouldn't it be funny if they straight up ignored every single post and haven't even read that the videos are down lol.

Busted, I guess?

DE do what they do to cover there own arses legally.

Players should just do this below fix and hopefully fix it.

I have no trouble watching Youtube videos online, even though I'm logged into my account on youtube I'm not able to see the youtube videos in these forums.

Thanks to @ValinorAtani posting in the forums about Tampermonkey. 

This is how I fixed the Warframe forums youtube videos, I installed Tampermonkey as an extension into my browser, then installed the below script, it now allows me to play the youtube videos on the Warframe forums.

Website for the extension: https://www.tampermonkey.net/

YouTube: Age Verification Bypass v1.9.10
This script link works: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/375525-youtube-age-verification-bypass/code/YouTube: Age Verification Bypass.user.js

Edited by Slayer-.
left out 'this is'
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Players should NOT have to jump through hoops just to watch a video that's linked in not one, not two, But THREE DIFFERENT ANNOUNCEMENT THREADS. That's the point of people trying to get DE to open their eyes and see what kind of stupidity is going on with the video here.

I should be able to simply click into the thread and watch the video. Not have to install a browser extension and install some third party script that does god knows WHAT in the background just to view it. On the flipside, I shouldn't have to submit banking information, credit card details or identifying information to Big Tech just to view what could be a simple 10~15 minute Youtube Video.

Edited by SephirothWS
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

I have no trouble watching Youtube videos online, even though I'm logged into my account on youtube I'm not able to see the youtube videos in these forums.

Thanks to @ValinorAtani posting in the forums about Tampermonkey. 

This is how I fixed the Warframe forums youtube videos, I installed Tampermonkey as an extension into my browser, then installed the below script, it now allows me to play the youtube videos on the Warframe forums.

Website for the extension: https://www.tampermonkey.net/

YouTube: Age Verification Bypass v1.9.10
This script link works: https://greasyfork.org/scripts/375525-youtube-age-verification-bypass/code/YouTube: Age Verification Bypass.user.js

14 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

Players should NOT have to jump through hoops just to watch a video that's linked in not one, not two, But THREE DIFFERENT ANNOUNCEMENT THREADS. That's the point of people trying to get DE to open their eyes and see what kind of stupidity is going on with the video here.

I should be able to simply click into the thread and watch the video. Not have to install a browser extension and install some third party script that does god knows WHAT in the background just to view it.

If DE want to run their videos to meet the legality of uploading/posting then that's their right, you don't want some mom seeing little johny watching a stream and a swear word might get dropped by mistake, then she tries and sue the pants off of DE, the world is a screwed up place and full of morons.

I pasted an easy option to get around the age bs without the hassle.

If you don't want to view the videos with the script then bad luck.

Also please tell me how come I cannot watch the videos in these forums yet I have a youtube account? 

I even use this script to bypass whatever is the problem between youtube and these forums.

Edited by Slayer-.
typo