Dev Workshop: The Arsenal Divide

40 minutes ago, BunnyHunny94 said:

Do you fully forma every single new weapon that is released?
-->If not, why would you complain about having to farm new arcane slot unlocks for all of them? Forma and Catalyst have a greater impact.
-->If yes, do you also complain like this, when it comes to farming/buying forma, applying forma and having to spend 15 minutes, leveling up your weapon a few more times?

I have no problem with the Arcane unlockers (because I do incursions on the regular) but this is a bit of a false dichotomy. There are reasons a player might not "fully forma" (undesirable build-locking) or Catalyse (accessibility thereof) every new weapon, while an Arcane slot is usually more-or-less as transferable between items as a mod slot.

But you're right that the individual investment time for essence to buy an unlocker is pretty trivial. Three incursions (not even with the acolytes) is hardly an obstacle unless it rolls multiple defense missions mysteriously doesn't give me five Incursions to choose from due to some odd bug I keep encountering. :clem:

• Like 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb TheLexiConArtist:

I have no problem with the Arcane unlockers (because I do incursions on the regular) but this is a bit of a false dichotomy. There are reasons a player might not "fully forma" (undesirable build-locking) or Catalyse (accessibility thereof) every new weapon, while an Arcane slot is usually more-or-less as transferable between items as a mod slot.

But you're right that the individual investment time for essence to buy an unlocker is pretty trivial. Three incursions (not even with the acolytes) is hardly an obstacle unless it rolls multiple defense missions mysteriously doesn't give me five Incursions to choose from due to some odd bug I keep encountering. :clem:

Fully forma as in "forma as much as needed to fit the desired mods". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

a single forma takes 23 hours to build, just saying. The main issue is that steel path isnt fun and no one wants to play it. Theres hardly an incentive to. But sure, fanboy along as DE makes this game worse and worse. Youre probably the first to yell "Its not a bug its a feature!" when DE releases tons of game breaking bugs again or adds tons of unnecessary grind: "Its not that bad. Grind is what makes warframe fun!"

Um says guy that most likely has never touched steel path not saying you haven’t just saying your possibly one of them? Anyway I beg to differ just because you may not like steel path doesn’t mean others don’t and personally I #*!%ing love steel path rewards be damned it gives me an incentive to test and try different builds and with the upcoming rewards and the existing rewards and changes to primary and secondary I now have more excuses to play steel path than I did when it first came out and I still played it a metric shot ton then too

On 2021-07-01 at 2:19 AM, S1mplyFresh said:

Kinda sucks that 95% (or more?) of players want Waframe to just be some casual "kill everything, no skill or thinking required" type of game. Any time DE plans or releases an update that shakes up the meta or encourages more theory-crafting, I get excited, and it actually makes me want to play Warframe.

But nah, the moment DE releases anything that requires more brain function, skill, and theory-crafting, many of you pull out the pitch forks.

Now I know why we'll ever get TRUE endgame in Warframe. If you're all complaining about these negligible Melee (balance) changes, then there's really no hope for a bigger and better Warfame.

Not to mention that every time people pull out those forks they forget how to poke with them and then end up playing anyway after saying and I quote “I quit” also might be the reason we can’t have nice things

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BunnyHunny94 said:

1. While i do agree, that they did not specifically say HOW they would buff guns, the new mods and arcanes are a buff, albeit one that is not achieved by touching the weapon stats directly.

2. The 1/6 chance is pretty irrelevant, because in practice, the goal is not to guess them correctly without using any previously gathered information.

If they say that the system will be more streamlined, it probably will be. From what they have told us so far, it seems like we will hunt the liches the same way as we do now, but the murmur progress goes faster and we have a wildcard. As soon as we have the requiems placed correctly, we have to play one extra mission to defeat the lich, instead of defeating it right as we figure out the full sequence. It is one extra step, but if the overall process is faster, who cares rly?

3. I did not assume or say anything about the wildcard that would be any different from the requiem mods we currently have (aside from the added wildcard function ofc). Requiem mods currently do not decay unless you have them equipped when actually defeating the lich. If that is the case for the wildcard requiem as well, it is definitely useful. Once you have all three Requiems unveiled, the wildcard becomes useless anyway, so if the wildcard decays in the same way that normal requiem mods do, using it correctly will result in no wildcard decay at all (unless you accidentally guess the full sequence right away, but you might as well leave the third slot empty on purpose to avoid this).

4. I would not mind if there was no RNG to obtaining the new voidstorm holokey currency, but aside from that...

There is no mention of RNG being or not being a factor in obtaining holokeys. There is no mention of these weapons needing to be upgraded to have max bonus elemental dmg. You are already complaining about multiple layers of RNG, none of which we even know to exist.

5. You can not possibly have a problem with "my DPS frame assumption" because I did not make a DPS frame assumption. You said this:

And I simply stated that you can run the granum void without a DPS frame right now, if you want to. 

There are no mentions of the granum void being changed, so your question is pointless.
You keep talking about things that will be and will happen and how those things will be bad, instead of just spending 3 minutes of your time and answering the question for yourself.
Nobody can tell you, if it is difficult for you personally. Just enter the granum void without a DPS frame and have a look.

6. So... I say this about the new lab dojo room (dojo rooms usually take time to build) with new Yareli part blueprints (dojo lab blueprints usually take time to research)

and your answer was

Soooo... A time gate is something you are forced to wait for, like a build time. But waiting for the dojo room to build and then waiting for blueprint research is not a time gate? Ok. Thanks for clearing this up.

And after all this (especially your answers to 5. and 6.), you tell me that i am projecting a strawman onto you?

1) Agree to disagree.

2) No, it isn't.  The topic was grind.  The topic was RNG.

You can argue all day about how you could minimize that, but it doesn't negate the core RNG roll that is forced upon the players as a "feature."  A feature that requires a grind, and rewards you with a 5 in 6 failure rate with literally no reason except "I didn't guess right."

Regarding the illusive explanation of streamlining...and your apparent desire to make it a word with no meaning, let me explain.  To streamline is to remove non-necessary bits.  This is paraphrasing a dictionary definition.  If you add more bits, by definition, you cannot streamline.  This is not up for debate, unless step one is assuming you can redefine words.  If we have to start there, I cannot waste time on you.  The reward for this exercise will be to strip one argument of its teeth, and in its place will be a thousand more people who want their own lexicon.  No.

3) This is what we call double think.  You either imagined that the requiem mods are a time limited consumable, or you presume their benefit is that they don't disappear at all.  Both are fundamentally altering the provided information...so it really doesn't matter.  I'm not discussing this further, because you are incapable of understanding that this is 100% a situation of your fabrication and I already stated my point that it's just another one.  It isn't as good as you'd assume because the order still matters.  People are inherently bad at math, and DE is selling us on this new shiny thing, because most people will assume it is a gift.

I also love the second world war.  Not for the fighting, but the complete bonkers stories.  In German gift means poison.  The US stamped "A gift from America" on the aide boxes.  My professor looked at us, explained this, and I could only laugh.  This is why good intentions are not enough, and arguing with people willing to redefine our lexicon is a useless argument.  They win by corrupting and rejecting meaning.  There's no way a good faith argument can ever be heard by them.

4) Read again.  

Although Void Storms remain as dangerous as ever, they now offer up exciting new Rewards: Corrupted Holokeys! Collect these valuable Corpus artifacts, bring them to Ergo Glast at any Relay and trade for new Tenet briefcase Melee Weapons, complete with bonus elemental damage! One of four Tenet Melee Weapons will be available each week in Glast’s rotation, so check back regularly with a fresh stash of Holokeys:

Confront Liches faster in three new ways: a streamlined Murmur system that identifies known Requiems faster; Oull — a Requiem Mod dropped exclusively from Liches that counts as a known Requiem no matter where it’s slotted on your Parazon; and the new Requiem Ultimatum — a Gear item that can be used on any influence node to summon your Lich or Sister for a fight on your terms.

I'm going to give you credit, and assume you are capable of reading.  Note that it says elemental bonus damage.  It is reasonable to assume either magical 60% maximum values...or more likely that you'll have to check back regularly to get a weapon+element combo that is desirable.  Of course, the alternative is everyone out there wants gas damage melee weapons...so yeah.

Likewise, streamline and faster.  They indicate Oull is exactly like a regular requiem mod.  This is right on the front page...but I figure maybe highlighting them might help.

5) You...are...dense...on...this.

Go back, watch dev stream.  Come back.

THE DEV STREAM STATED YOU START THE CORPUS LICHES BY FINISHING AT LEAST THE FIRST ROUND IN THE GRANUM VOID, THEN KILLING THE SPAWNED PARVOS THING.  I have that in capitals...so you can maybe educate yourself.  I chalk this up to only paying attention to a fraction of the written words...and really hope that this isn't intentional negligence.  Whatever though, you've already demonstrated your point is based in fundamental ignorance.  I stated that a DPS frame was the choice to do Granum Void.  Not all frames are DPS.  You stated there were DPS frames so the argument means nothing.  You then quoted me to me without the subsequent argument.

I'd scratch my head, but the blatant misunderstanding shows your ignorance.  As such, I will not speak on this until you either educate yourself, or otherwise bring something valuable to the table.

6) Please stop misquoting.

I said the most interesting bit about this update was the new frame that was three years too late to the k-drive party.

Your retort was surprise after my content gating comments that called this unreasonable were then praising content gating.

My response back was that the frame is immaterial.  The interesting bit was about the dojo lab.

You then try to partially quote back to me.

Good try, but before you do maybe you should consider the argument.  If each bit was devoid of context this makes sense.  Unfortunately, when you frame it your criticism is laughable.  Points for effort on replication of using my words to tear me down with internal inconsistency.  Points lost for obfuscation of context which makes the partial quotes seem like a dishonest strawman being constructed.

Yes...you are projecting a strawman.  You want to claim that I don't have a good answer, because you perceive inconsistency.  Great.  Valid tactic to establish that an opposing point is irrational.  The strawman is then quoting bits and pieces, leaving out the full story.  It's easy to fight that kind of strawman.  Without context a long running discussion is easy to hijack, and it's easy to attack only partial bits of the argument and look like you've "won."  

You'll note I don't do this for you.  When you claim that it was really only 4 tries, I explained that this is true on paper, but it doesn't influence the first RNG combination I cited.  If I wanted to strawman you I'd suggest that this was idiotic.  If your core conceit is that it only takes 4 tries demonstrate three consecutive runs with your Lich only reaching level 4.  Note that is 1-2 (first kill) - 3 (second kill) - 4 (third kill), and because you always get the combination in 4 or less the Lich should never get to level 5.  Do it.  

You know why I didn't?  It's a matter of respect, and not caring about an argument that doesn't matter.  Because of the way the Lich spawns work you are virtually guaranteed to get to level 5 by how the Lich can auto-level before you are anywhere getting a full murmur known.  There are plenty of exceptions, but getting these exceptions 3 times in a row negates their random roll nature.  Despite this, I didn't call you out on an argument that counters your own, despite it being trivial to ignore everything else you said.

In turn, I have to re-quote myself, so you don't skew my points to something else.

Maybe I was right before.  OK.  I'm done.  Have the last word, because I no longer believe you are a good faith actor.  I hate it when I get proven right, when assuming the worst of people. 

-Edit-

I've read through your discourse with MistressMoonPaw.  Yeah...  Bad faith actor through and through.

Point 1 - Use the multiquote and edit functions.  Spamming multiple responses to one quote is...just not good form.

Point 2 - Facts.  DE has not announced a new spawn rate for Acolytes.  They have not announced the cost of the arcane slot unlocks on an official post or stream.  Despite knowing nothing, you pull 15 minutes directly from your backside.  I cannot even imagine why you justify this...but assume the arrogance is the core issue.

Point 3 - Again, the absolutism.  There are about 400 weapons in game.  People only complain if they keep 100% of them and fully upgrade 100%.  It must be fantastic to live in your head where there is only black and white.  Let's introduce Grey.  8 forma'd slots on my Opticor.  A riven.  A catalyst.  Despite this, I didn't buy it a Pexilus slot.  Am I not experiencing the full potential?  Well...that's stupid.  I have not upgraded "fully" because even with all slots polarized there isn't enough capacity to apply any more mods.  Seems like you don't fully understand this as a cost to reward equation, and some people are frustrated because the rewards here are slight, and the cost is engaging with a game mode that isn't fun for most people.  It's almost like when DE rebalanced enemy scaling they did good...and Steel Path basically undid this...which was fine when engagement with it was optional, but now it's required for power.  Things required for power, in a power fantasy game, by definition are no longer optional.

So....definitely hard stop.  Going forward I'm going to just not engage with you.  Best of luck.

-Edit end-

Edited by master_of_destiny
  • Like 7

Thanks Bunny, you responded to that post with a lot of what I wanted to say.

9 hours ago, BunnyHunny94 said:

1. I do not really get what you are trying to say here.

2.1 Do you expect to be spoon fed every single piece of information about how new content works, instead of figuring it out for yourself? And worse, even before it is released?
2.2 When knowing the three correct mods, but knowing nothing about their order, yes there is a 1/6 chance to get the order right on first try. However, it only takes max 4 attempts to get the order correct, once all 3 mods are known. Now i wonder, why you even have all 3 requiems unveiled without knowing anything about their order in the first place (implying that since unveiling the first requiem, you have never encountered your lich?). 

Did i misunderstand you here and you are talking about the case that we would have to unveil our 3 requiems, but never see our lich and then without having tested anything, we go face off the lich? In that case, a universal requiem would actually be completely worthless (and made so, by changes within the same update that introduces it?). Maybe i am wrong here, but that is not how i understood it would work (more like it works right now, but instead of directly defeating the lich once you have your requiems in the right order, the lich will run off to the final mission at this point, where you then defeat it).

3. The universal requiem has the potential to be incredibly useful (with the current requiem system), assuming it does not lose its "charges" as long as it is not used when actually killing a lich. It would allow to easily test the fit of an unveiled requiem in the 2nd slot, without requiring the fit for the 1st slot having been found first. This does not require any luck.

4. Would you prefer no time gating and no grind at all? What would be the result of that? Receiving it by mail, for free?

5.1 Again: Do you expect to be spoon fed every single piece of information about how new content works, instead of figuring it out for yourself? And worse, even before it is released?
5.2 How difficult will it be to run the Granum Void without a dps focused frame? You can literally do it in the game right now.

6. What? Can't tell if you are being serious about the dojo room addition being great. Especially, since this is basically a time gate in its purest form, for the acquisition of Yareli.

lol
You are joking, right?

I've done a TON of lich farming, and "grind to full clues then chase lich" is just severely sub-optimal.  Usually, I'll join other people's missions to get my first 1-2 clues (I'll go to 2 with a fun group, just 1 if the group isn't so fun).

Then I start hosting, because I know that getting info on order ahead of time is super useful.  By the time I get my 3rd clue, I already know what my order is.  And, at worst, I'm fighting a level 4 lich.  The only time I raise it higher is if I want to convert it (and keep it).

Also of note towards #3, the murmurs per clue goes UP for the later clues.  That is, getting the 1st clue is super easy, and the 3rd one is hardest.  What this means is that if you start guessing clues, with the universal requiem in the 3rd slot, 1/3 of the time (the times when the 3rd clue is in the 3rd slot), you will basically halve the time required to do your lich.

I do agree with MoD that the gun/mod changes are disappointing.  CO I think got a proper nerf, but the rest is just WUT to me.  Nerfing Blood Rush just means people will stop caring about combo counter builds, and more will start running heavy attack builds (since now you get max 440% blood rush, and sacrificial steel gives 440% on heavy attack always).

But the lich changes I'm very much looking forward to - but I think you have to understand the math behind it in order to truly appreciate how big of a buff lich farming is getting.

The last half of MoD's post is just garbage though.  Complaining that we don't know things before it gets released.  RELAX.  Save your complaints for after we've had the content a couple weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wyldmage said:

The last half of MoD's post is just garbage though.  Complaining that we don't know things before it gets released.  RELAX.  Save your complaints for after we've had the content a couple weeks.

Funny that you don't want to engage.

Let's review exactly what I've asked for...and what you seem to think that I've asked for.

1. Did I ask for weapon statistics, the primary motivation for if any of the content is "good?"  No.
  2. Did I ask to understand how the streamlining works....for the Lich system already in-game?  Yes.  
  3. Did I ask for specifics on costing?  You know, the thing that will define the grind intensity.  No.
  4. Did I ask for anything regarding the dogs?  Read that again, because it's a no.  I said that a lot is still amazingly vague, and cited the dogs as an example.  No request for information, only a citation as a means to demonstrate the point.
  5. Have I asked about build times for the Dojo?  No...despite stated optimism that it may hold the greatest source of long term content in this update.

Hmm....  For the amount of unreasonable asks it seems like I've asked one real question, about a system they are touting as better.  It also seems like this was a system introduced, reworked, reworked again, reworked a final time, and is heavily pushing for people to pay to get into (in order to avoid the face melting grind).  It almost seems like my concern is that DE is claiming things, and then saying contrary things, and I just want to understand which of their completely different statement matches reality.

So....what would I expect as an answer then?  Well, surprisingly little.  The Lich missions will be similar to the current Grineer missions where you kill a commander...  The Lich missions will be more akin to a boss battle.  Either answer would give enough information to let us know that things are good, and they would reveal what "special" information exactly?  This isn't DE introducing the Plague Star event over a long period of time by allowing the doors on the plains to open.  This isn't a mystery box.  This is requesting they tell us the genre of the movie we're about to watch....but that's unreasonable to ask for... 

I have to put this as a very new member who didn't got through a lot....ever.  Not the outstanding promises of three orb mothers.  Not the years of promising that RAIDs aren't dead...but never actually stating they will ever come back.  Not the release state where certain content (Archwing) was promised support, took over a huge number of nodes, then decayed into a single prime and 3 models which did nothing for years...until they released an open world summoning item that you constantly needed to craft to summon them...

What I really mean is when DE doesn't provide data it often means features aren't ready.  The promises here, and their extended duration, make me afraid that too much of this is going to be hammered out the 5th...and the 6th will be an utter s*** show release.  Answering even simple questions night alleviate that, and would absolutely not require "unreasonable disclosure of information some people might enjoy organically discovering."  You know, the whole reason that 90% of data is provided on a third party wiki...because like Bungie's Destiny, DE can't be bothered to make the instructions for playing their game available in it...but there are slide shows to "train" new players...assuming they can find them.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
vor 3 Stunden schrieb master_of_destiny:

When you quote a string of statements, it'd be great if your quotes didn't demonstrate that you either have some moon logic going, or want to redefine reality.

(i just had to add this citation afterwards, because it is just too funny)

This is what you say about the official information in regards to the requiem wild card

vor 17 Stunden schrieb master_of_destiny:

previous dev streams indicated it would be a normal requiem but function as a wild card

vor 11 Stunden schrieb master_of_destiny:

They indicate Oull is exactly like a regular requiem mod.  This is right on the front page...but I figure maybe highlighting them might help.

This is what you claim i said about the wildcard requiem:

If you assume the thing works differently than all others, it is useful.  You mean, on top of being a wildcard it doesn't decay?

3) This is what we call double think.  You either imagined that the requiem mods are a time limited consumable, or you presume their benefit is that they don't disappear at all.  Both are fundamentally altering the provided information...so it really doesn't matter.  I'm not discussing this further, because you are incapable of understanding that this is 100% a situation of your fabrication and I already stated my point that it's just another one.  It isn't as good as you'd assume because the order still matters.  People are inherently bad at math, and DE is selling us on this new shiny thing, because most people will assume it is a gift.

Now let us see, what i actually said:

vor 20 Stunden schrieb BunnyHunny94:

The universal requiem has the potential to be incredibly useful (with the current requiem system), assuming it does not lose its "charges" as long as it is not used when actually killing a lich.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb BunnyHunny94:

I did not assume or say anything about the wildcard that would be any different from the requiem mods we currently have (aside from the added wildcard function ofc). Requiem mods currently do not decay unless you have them equipped when actually defeating the lich. If that is the case for the wildcard requiem as well, it is definitely useful.

Apparently, i did not actually say anything that you claim i did. How inconvenient.

Regarding the illusive explanation of streamlining...and your apparent desire to make it a word with no meaning, let me explain.  To streamline is to remove non-necessary bits.  This is paraphrasing a dictionary definition.  If you add more bits, by definition, you cannot streamline.  This is not up for debate, unless step one is assuming you can redefine words.

You could also go by the definition of streamlining that means "making something simpler, more efficient or effective", in which case adding a wild card, making murmur gain faster and then facing the lich in a separate mission would fit the definition. Faster progress means increased efficiency of the farm and higher effectiveness of the missions we grind.

Edited by BunnyHunny94
added an additional quote
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, BunnyHunny94 said:

This is what you say about the official information in regards to the requiem wild card

This is what you claim i said about the wildcard requiem:

Now let us see, what i actually said:

What you said about the universal is super true.

Start doing your lich, you should encounter it before discovering 1st clue.  During this time, have universal in slot 1, random mods in slots 2 and 3.  You have a 1 in 56 chance (about 2%) of instakilling your lich - the odds of getting 2 mods guessed correctly.

Assuming you don't instakill it, you should get enough murmurs to discover the first clue (or will before the lich spawns again 95% of the time).  Put the 1st clue in slot 1, and universal in slot 3, with a random unknown mod in slot 2.  Next time you find the lich, you have a 1 in 3 chance of having slot 1 correct, and a 1 in 7 of guessing slot 2 correct.  So you now have a 1 in 21 chance to kill the lich.

Assuming you don't get the kill, you discover whether slot 1 is clue 1 or not.  If it is, you get one slot 2 ruled out.  Now you can either wait for clue 2 and have a 50/50 to kill (via universal) or the choice to pursue full clues with a 50/50 on final order.  If Slot 1 is wrong, you put universal into slot 1, clue 1 into slot 2, and random mod into slot 3.  Repeat a lich attempt, and you now know exactly which slot clue #1 goes in.

And usually you'll get 2nd clue at latest just after your 3rd lich encounter (assuming going solo - it goes quicker if you encounter anyone else's liches).

At which point you can simply test clue 2 into the 2 options, and be ready for the kill significantly faster than normal - without even using up a universal charge (except when getting a lucky speed-kill early on).

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
vor 22 Stunden schrieb master_of_destiny:

How difficult will it be to do the Granum Void with frames that aren't DPS focused?

vor 20 Stunden schrieb BunnyHunny94:

How difficult will it be to run the Granum Void without a dps focused frame? You can literally do it in the game right now.

I also have issues with your DPS frame assumption.  With the spawns in the Granum area being a touch wonky solo, it'll be difficult for some frames to cope. 

vor 15 Stunden schrieb BunnyHunny94:

You can not possibly have a problem with "my DPS frame assumption" because I did not make a DPS frame assumption. You said this:

vor 22 Stunden schrieb master_of_destiny:

How difficult will it be to do the Granum Void with frames that aren't DPS focused? 

And I simply stated that you can run the granum void without a DPS frame right now, if you want to. 

and then your reply is this (this citation was added later on, because it is just too ironic)

When you quote a string of statements, it'd be great if your quotes didn't demonstrate that you either have some moon logic going, or want to redefine reality.

as well as this?

5) You...are...dense...on...this.

Go back, watch dev stream.  Come back.

THE DEV STREAM STATED YOU START THE CORPUS LICHES BY FINISHING AT LEAST THE FIRST ROUND IN THE GRANUM VOID, THEN KILLING THE SPAWNED PARVOS THING.  I have that in capitals...so you can maybe educate yourself.  I chalk this up to only paying attention to a fraction of the written words...and really hope that this isn't intentional negligence.  Whatever though, you've already demonstrated your point is based in fundamental ignorance.  I stated that a DPS frame was the choice to do Granum Void.  Not all frames are DPS.  You stated there were DPS frames so the argument means nothing.  You then quoted me to me without the subsequent argument.

I'd scratch my head, but the blatant misunderstanding shows your ignorance.  As such, I will not speak on this until you either educate yourself, or otherwise bring something valuable to the table.

Edited by BunnyHunny94
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Facts.  DE has not announced a new spawn rate for Acolytes.  They have not announced the cost of the arcane slot unlocks on an official post or stream.  Despite knowing nothing, you pull 15 minutes directly from your backside.  I cannot even imagine why you justify this...but assume the arrogance is the core issue.

Before you talk about "facts", maybe you should actually inform yourself. By watching the video in the OP of this thread for example (not an unreasonable expectation i dare say).

DE have not announced a new spawn rate for acolytes
From the video in the OP at 9:26 --> acolytes will appear more often

They have not announced the cost of the arcane slot unlocks on an official post or stream
An other piece of information, found in the OP

Am 18.6.2021 um 16:00 schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Can you buy Arcane Unlockers with Platinum?

- No, this is not a Platinum Market item. They are earned items through the Steel Path Honor’s store for 15 Steel Essence each.

Despite knowing nothing, you pull 15 minutes directly from your backside
Well, so far it would appear that i know more than you. 
From the video in the OP at 9:14 --> incursion alerts will reward 5 SE each
So 15 SE required for an arcane unlocker. I think 15 minutes are a quite generous amount of time to farm these 15 SE, assuming 5min per incursion, each with 1 expected acolyte spawn. Maybe some incursions will take slightly longer than 5 minutes, but due to the extra SE from acolyte spawns, the average time to obtain 15 SE will check out.

Yes. I also assume that arrogance might be a big issue here. 

it'd be great if your quotes didn't demonstrate that you either have some moon logic going, or want to redefine reality.

(added this citation afterwards, because it is just too ironic)

Edited by BunnyHunny94
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, BunnyHunny94 said:

They have not announced the cost of the arcane slot unlocks on an official post or stream?
I do not exactly remember, where the 15 SE per arcane unlocker comes from, but i believe the information comes from Meghan in one of her streams. We will see in a few days if i was remembering this 15 SE correctly.

It's in the main body of the post. Was added a day after as part of a FAQ

On 2021-06-18 at 10:00 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Can you buy Arcane Unlockers with Platinum?

- No, this is not a Platinum Market item. They are earned items through the Steel Path Honor’s store for 15 Steel Essence each.

Posted (edited)
vor einer Stunde schrieb wyldmage:

[...]

I would do it a bit different.

Use 3 random mods until first requiem is unveiled, then (assuming no luck so far):

1. Put unveiled requiem in first slot. (A: correct --> keep it in 1st, B: incorrect --> move to 2nd space)

2. If B: Now instead of placing a random mod in the first slot (current practice), place the wildcard in the first slot to check if the unveiled requiem fits in the second slot. Keep the third slot empty. (if correct --> keep it in 2nd, if incorrect --> it must go into 3rd)

>>>Location of first unveiled Requiem is known now (max. 2 lich spawns required)

3. Once 2nd requiem is unveiled, place it in the earliest unknown slot (1st or 2nd) and take out the wild card.

>>>With the next stab, you know for sure, in which slot this requiem goes as well, since only 2 slots are open at this point.

4. Once the 3rd requiem is unveiled, the full sequence is known (since the other 2 requiems are already in place).

Easy find of the sequence, using the wild card only once and without the wildcard ever being at risk of being used to defeat the lich (and getting into the situation where normal requiems decay). If wildcard requiems decay the same way as normal requiems, nice. Wildcard stays forever. If wildcards decay every time they are used, 3-4 liches per wildcard (assuming that 1/3-1/4 times, the first unveiled requiem fits in the first slot). Not too bad either.

Edited by BunnyHunny94

Posted (edited)
vor 32 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom:

It's in the main body of the post. Was added a day after as part of a FAQ

Ah right :D even better. let me edit my post
Thanks for telling

Edited by BunnyHunny94

4 hours ago, (NSW)Lucifer-Morningst4r said:

Um says guy that most likely has never touched steel path not saying you haven’t just saying your possibly one of them?

There it is, the least coherent thing I'll read all day, posted by the most laughably edgelord name I'll see all day. Solid double, kid.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, BunnyHunny94 said:

I would do it a bit different.

Use 3 random mods until first requiem is unveiled, then (assuming no luck so far):

How come?  I'd rather have the 1 in 56 chance to kill the lich on the first try (instead of 1 in 336), at the cost of a universal requiem charge.  That amount of time saving is easily worth risking the charge on first lich spawn.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
vor 38 Minuten schrieb wyldmage:

How come?  I'd rather have the 1 in 56 chance to kill the lich on the first try (instead of 1 in 336), at the cost of a universal requiem charge.  That amount of time saving is easily worth risking the charge on first lich spawn.

Might actually be worth it, depending on how obtainable the wildcards are and how long the murmur progress still takes.  
Maybe we can even use 2 or 3 wildcards at once (although it would surprise me).

I was assuming wildcards being pretty rare and murmur/anger progress being quite fast. Maybe we can reliably uncover the first requiem by the time the lich spawns in.
Considering that we do not yet know the time investments required for either of these, either of our strategies could be superior.

I should probably follow your first round strategy, but i would change this:

vor 1 Stunde schrieb wyldmage:

Start doing your lich, you should encounter it before discovering 1st clue.  During this time, have universal in slot 1, random mods in slots 2 and 3.  You have a 1 in 56 chance (about 2%) of instakilling your lich - the odds of getting 2 mods guessed correctly.

I would put the wildcard in the 3rd slot. This way you have the same chance to insta kill the lich as well as a 1/8 chance of correctly guessing the first slot (in your case you would have a 1/8 chance to guess the 2nd slot, but activate the wild card every time).

If the wildcard decays every time it is activated in a stab, your strategy would guarantee 1 decay from the first encounter, while mine only causes decay in 1/56 cases, when the insta kill happens (and is never used for more than one stab per lich, even considering the further progression).
If the wildcard does not decay unless activated in a full lich defeat (like normal requiems), there is no effective difference between your attempt for the first round, and mine.

Edited by BunnyHunny94

49 minutes ago, BunnyHunny94 said:

DE have not announced a new spawn rate for acolytes
From the video in the OP at 9:26 --> acolytes will appear more often

Even more clear, Rebecca stated "instead of taking up to 8 minutes on endless missions, they will occur in up to 6 minutes".

SUPER clear communication from Reb.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

a single forma takes 23 hours to build, just saying. The main issue is that steel path isnt fun and no one wants to play it. Theres hardly an incentive to. But sure, fanboy along as DE makes this game worse and worse. Youre probably the first to yell "Its not a bug its a feature!" when DE releases tons of game breaking bugs again or adds tons of unnecessary grind: "Its not that bad. Grind is what makes warframe fun!"

Just like gilding amps.

Seriously, the prism is primary fire, the scaffold is secondary fire and the brace is just a stat stick. They could have been 3 separate items we could swap out just like primary, secondary and melee weapons. They would actually be modular. Instead, they are welded together.

Honestly, I regret building my Voidrig. All that grind for something clunkier and slower than a Warframe. The bright side is that I can slap on any Arch-gun onto it without grinding for those gravi-mags. 

29 minutes ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

Honestly, I regret building my Voidrig. All that grind for something clunkier and slower than a Warframe.

Multiply that sentiment by 100, and you have the amount of regret that comes from building Bonewidow. At least Voidrig is the WF answer to Starcraft's siege tank.

4 hours ago, BunnyHunny94 said:

I'm going to ignore you now.  You are...just not on the same planet.

What I will admit to is the following

DE updated the initial post to 15 Steel Essence.  Reading through again, they have not updated spawn rates.  To get to 15 minutes per unlock you're looking at a spawn less then every two minutes...so that's about a 60% reduction in spawn timer if you play and want to grind for the stuff without being bound by a selection of RNG missions.

DE have introduced new function, that is not demonstrated. Incursions now give out 5...so you are assured, if you complete the daily limit, to earn 1.67 arcane slots a day (assuming they don't need construction of any sort).  Great...assuming that they don't do something silly.  If you want to cross your fingers, and assume it isn't one of the days where 3 defenses are on the agenda, maybe you can make it in15 minutes.  This does not mean 15 minutes per arcane unlock unless you want to grind every day for literally 240 days...assuming 400 unique weapons...  I'm of course tangentially linking this to your...rant against another post.  One in which you dismiss their criticism not because it's invalidated. but because "the only people who get to comment are those that grind out everything."  As such, you must be able to talk, and therefore must be in this for the long haul.  Remember, 400 weapons and nothing else.  If you then lose 150 essence every 7 weeks (5*5*6, or 6 full days making 7 weeks take 8) for the one unique reward it's suddenly now spiraling out to literal years of the daily incursion grind.

DE has posted videos that are age locked onto a platform requiring you sign in and get tracked.  I cannot even fathom why they made this choice, but I guess it's easier than explaining things, and much easier to later deny as the plan.  I mean, it's not like they released a tennocon video years ago with features that are still not in the game today.  Of course, the explanation for that was that the video displayed a developer build, and anything displayed showed the vision instead of written promises that they would be held to.  Hmm... do I detect the same here?

When you quote a string of statements, it'd be great if your quotes didn't demonstrate that you either have some moon logic going, or want to redefine reality.  As a check, if I stated that say

...assuming it does not lose its "charges" as long as it is not used when actually killing a lich.

The implicit statement is that the Oull requiem would lose charges unlike all others.  This is what is known as a logical conclusion following a simple statement.  If I then state:

I did not assume or say anything about the wildcard that would be any different from the requiem mods we currently have...

There is a quite simple relationship here between what I said (if the mod doesn't have some new function), and an assumption.  But...maybe quoting yourself is too difficult.  It's kind of like you read some new definition into words.

At this point you're welcome to create more forum poison, where you require 18 posts (hyperbolic) to answer a single one.  I'm tired of this.  You are just straight getting ignored, so relish having the last statement to your hearts content.  

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

maybe quoting yourself is too difficult.  It's kind of like you read some new definition into words.

Please stop projecting your own problems onto others.
Every time i put "what you claim to be" and "what actually is" right next to each other, it becomes quite obvious that you have some kind of problem.
Feel free to re-read my last few posts, and hopefully at some point notice the issue as your own, instead of projecting it onto others.

Edited by BunnyHunny94
  • Like 3

On 2021-06-18 at 4:00 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Condition Overload is changing from:
+120% Melee Damage per Status Type affecting the target.
To

+80% Melee Damage per Status Type affecting the target.

At least you could have made it 90% so that it's a sweet spot between the old 60% and newer 120%. And because, lets be honest, hordes of enemies attack us (survival, disruption, defence...) so we will use melee anyway to dispatch them quickly or a radial primary or secondary, or a cc warframe. Please consider making it 90%, the mod looks nicer with 90%.

Also please give Lenz and Kuva Bramma 10 arrows magazine capacity at least, if you want us to use guns more.