Jump to content

Warframe Clans Survey + Results


 Share

Recommended Posts

Hiho everybody!

Last friday, I shared a survey about Warframe clans.

Today I want to show you the results!

But first up: If you haven't participated in the survey, then why don't you do so now?

More data is more good. I'll start updating things as soon as I get some more responses.

Results

Spoiler

aDhUM8O.jpg

Imgur | Google Sheet

Stuff

Past Surveys | Discord | Twitter | FAQ

Cheers!

Edited by Purzzle
Updated with results
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want to care about clans, really.

But just like every other activities in warframe, it need to be an optional activity. If it's forced, some people who don't like it will get mad. Not all of us are minecraft wizards who can make a whole golden city carved inside a rock in their dojos.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

I want to care about clans, really.

But just like every other activities in warframe, it need to be an optional activity. If it's forced, some people who don't like it will get mad. Not all of us are minecraft wizards who can make a whole golden city carved inside a rock in their dojos.

The problem is a lot of players have a very exaggerated and ridiculous idea of what this means, and it makes it impossible to have clan specific content at all. 

I'm cool with clan content being optional, but when players whine when every bit of optional content isn't also doable solo/with a group of leroy jenkins types who don't plan that you just jumped in with, it makes it literally impossible to make any clan content, period. 

Clan content just can't exist. Because even if DE makes the content optional, some players argue that as long as their completionist hearts want to do everything, that it isn't optional for them, but they aren't in a clan, they are solo, or in a "solo clan" and want to do it themselves. 

And they moan until DE caves.

Every. Single. Time. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Tesseract7777:

also doable solo

There's quite a lot of solo clans, so that's a good point. I feel like you could avoid it by allowing alliances to compete instead of just clans. Alliances have a member limit afaik so they shouldn't be that imbalanced.
Otherwise you could have your clan join under the banner of a contest faction (e.g. dogs vs. cats).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Tesseract7777:

Clan content just can't exist. Because even if DE makes the content optional, some players argue that as long as their completionist hearts want to do everything, that it isn't optional for them, but they aren't in a clan, they are solo, or in a "solo clan" and want to do it themselves. 

And they moan until DE caves.

Every. Single. Time. 

The problem is that Warframe clans have too much long-term investment attached. The crapton of clan-exclusive blueprints means that you can't just not be in a clan and the player limit and scaling research cost force clans to kick inactive players. This means I'm either missing out on the entirety of clan research (which is massive), search a new clan to leech research off of every time I need something (which is assholish), or never take a break from the game again just to stay in the clan (which is just unhealthy) - or I just make my own clan, with blackjack and hookers, and everybody's happy.

If DE puts in clan-exclusive content I can't do by myself or maybe with one other guy, I'm not going to join a clan for it. I can't afford to. Joining another clan means that a month and a half after the big clan update, when my new clan has kicked me for not showing up for three weeks, I'm back at zero. I'm not going to cry and moan about it, but I'm just not going to do it. It would be as if DE had released nothing at all - and that is why DE caves every single time.

They want to keep people playing. They need to put out content to keep people playing. Content that people can't play isn't content, it's nothing, and that's why they don't do content that a lot of people can't play.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the main limitation for clan-based gameplay is the fact that a lot of solo players create their own clan to build the dojo so they can access their Labs. And thus they became reluctant to throw it away just to join a clan that may turn into a big waste of time.

IMO, a good improvment would be to dissociate dojos and clans.

We could build our dojos for our own interest and build some kind of clan-relay to meet the needs of its community.

Or just having a portal room in our dojos to connect together every dojos of the clan allowing its members to freely visit each other dojo (Today's meeting is being hold at Tony's. Bring your own goblet.).

This way, no strings attached in case of bad company.

And to not throw away the research investment mechanics, those could be changed to another model, such as :

Any new member still has to invest the ressources for the researches but once the investment is completed, the research goes faster the more the members there is in the clan. That would give a better interest to joining a clan (research speed) while encouraging farming events within the clan. And the hardcore solo players could still endeavour their solo way just at the price of longer researches (which is not that unbalanced when you're the only one collecting the ressources). Moreover, it would be a good deterent to leechers, since they still would have to make efforts to gain those BPs.

Though, this model would require to get rid of the inflation in investments when the clan grows bigger ; Unless the treasury system is reworked (Dude ! Where's my forma !?).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Purzzle said:

There's quite a lot of solo clans, so that's a good point. I feel like you could avoid it by allowing alliances to compete instead of just clans. Alliances have a member limit afaik so they shouldn't be that imbalanced.
Otherwise you could have your clan join under the banner of a contest faction (e.g. dogs vs. cats).

I like this idea. 

I think we also need to find a way to better separate "dojo + research" from "clan lobby + clan activity/hub". 

I'm not saying we still can't have clans partially tied to research. Not every Tenno wants to reinvent the wheel, but it feels like clans as they are, are too much of an "everybody's thing" so maybe we need to find a way to better delineate, to start, clan versus alliance when it comes to competition + clan events, and maybe try to slowly separate clans from the solo dojo experience to begin with?

This is why I support the below idea, or at least some form of it. If we could find a way to separate these things a little better, maybe we would have a better chance of pleasing everybody at once at least a little bit, at least in a somewhat realistic form. 

55 minutes ago, Syrdhar said:

I think the main limitation for clan-based gameplay is the fact that a lot of solo players create their own clan to build the dojo so they can access their Labs. And thus they became reluctant to throw it away just to join a clan that may turn into a big waste of time.

IMO, a good improvment would be to dissociate dojos and clans.

We could build our dojos for our own interest and build some kind of clan-relay to meet the needs of its community.

Or just having a portal room in our dojos to connect together every dojos of the clan allowing its members to freely visit each other dojo (Today's meeting is being hold at Tony's. Bring your own goblet.).

This way, no strings attached in case of bad company.

And to not throw away the research investment mechanics, those could be changed to another model, such as :

Any new member still has to invest the ressources for the researches but once the investment is completed, the research goes faster the more the members there is in the clan. That would give a better interest to joining a clan (research speed) while encouraging farming events within the clan. And the hardcore solo players could still endeavour their solo way just at the price of longer researches (which is not that unbalanced when you're the only one collecting the ressources). Moreover, it would be a good deterent to leechers, since they still would have to make efforts to gain those BPs.

Though, this model would require to get rid of the inflation in investments when the clan grows bigger ; Unless the treasury system is reworked (Dude ! Where's my forma !?).

Like... imagine if a solo player could create their own dojo JUST for research and stuff, so they always feel they have something safe to go back to, but that way they can still go join clans before a big event, and help them with stuff, knowing their dojo is still there for them to go back to if they don't like being a big clan all the time, or they can go to even while in the other clan, because its separate from clans, and the clan they are with doesn't even have full research, but their personal dojo does. 

Solo players could join big clans before events to actually help out, without feeling they need to leave behind all their work. I think something like this could really work. We gotta find a way to get players more involved in group events, even if on a temporary basis, if we want clans and clan events to succeed. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Purzzle changed the title to Warframe Clans Survey + Results

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...