Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx rework suggestion.

(PSN)MrTorturer

Good day.

As you all see im not active forum user, but i would like to see some support and dev recognition if my ideas have solid look.

Lets talk about nyx: 

Stats: As i understand nyx was supposed to be tankish frame, but i feel that she lacks in armor department, so i would like to see her armor buffed to saryn prime level 225.

Passive - i would say it is fine and stacks well with adaptation.

1st ability Mind control - I would like to see the ability to do what it name suggest, as in hop in an enemy and allow to control it, maybe for a shorter amount of time as it is now. (WoW priests mc for reference) Also allow me to detonate the enemy when he's on 30%. We have sevagoth now and i see no implications to implemend.

2nd ability Psychic bolts - 6 enemies is not enough, double the amount at rank 3.

3rd ability Chaos - i would suggest radiation ticks that fuel absorb.

4th ability Absorb - massive range buff, it will stack faster due to 3rd ability change, also add ability to use 1st on near by enemies, that way while absorbing you have freedom to move in enemies body.

Thank you for a moment of your attention, i hope you all read it to the end.

1 hour ago, (PSN)MrTorchure said:

Good day.

As you all see im not active forum user, but i would like to see some support and dev recognition if my ideas have solid look.

Lets talk about nyx: 

Stats: As i understand nyx was supposed to be tankish frame, but i feel that she lacks in armor department, so i would like to see her armor buffed to saryn prime level 225.

Passive - i would say it is fine and stacks well with adaptation.

1st ability Mind control - I would like to see the ability to do what it name suggest, as in hop in an enemy and allow to control it, maybe for a shorter amount of time as it is now. (WoW priests mc for reference) Also allow me to detonate the enemy when he's on 30%. We have sevagoth now and i see no implications to implemend.

2nd ability Psychic bolts - 6 enemies is not enough, double the amount at rank 3.

4th ability Absorb - massive range buff, it will stack faster due to 3rd ability change, also add ability to use 1st on near by enemies, that way while absorbing you have freedom to move in enemies body.

Thank you for a moment of your attention, i hope you all read it to the end.

I readed this and I have some things to say.

I don't know where you saw that Nyx was supposed to be tanky, but I agree somewhat. However, just adding armor wouldn't help that much, she also needs a bit more of HP if you're gonna buff her armor, or going in the other direction and buff her shields instead. These are the two types of stats that I see her having:

Armor + HP buff:

HP: 125 base at R0

Shields: 100 base at R0

Armor: 225

Shields buff:

HP: 100 base at R0

Shields: 150 base at R0

Armor: 150

Her passive it may stack with Adaptation, but it's not enough, specially when Xaku has a much better version of this passive. I would add something more to this passive, like a chance to "redirect" the bullet to the enemy or something like that.

Mind Control needs a massive change or ditch it to something better. I would argue that this ability needs to be completely overhauled, specially when the damage that the enemies deal isn't enough to kill other enemies at high levels.

With Psychic Bolts I agree, either make more bolts than what we currently have or make it scale with one of the stats to have more bolts. Specially when this is one of her best abilities and one that makes her viable in Steel Path.

Chaos doesn't need much changes, does well as a CC ability. Yeah, having this ability deal Radiation procs would make sense and buff this ability a little.

Absorb needs a range buff and also I would argue that it needs a lower energy cost. 4 energy per second with 8 energy per 1000 damage absorbed can make the energy burn really fast, I would lower it to 1.5 energy per second with 2.5 energy per 1000 damage, this would be less expensive to use.

On 2021-06-18 at 9:30 PM, (PSN)MrTorchure said:

1st ability Mind control - I would like to see the ability to do what it name suggest, as in hop in an enemy and allow to control it

That could be a fun gimmick, maybe allow it as an alternative if you hold the button while aiming at an enemy.

But first and foremost, I'd rather "just" enhance the current functionality, some thoughts on that:

1 target just seems not good enough when you look at what other Frames get (lol e.g. Xaku),
3 would be my preferred number just because in solo you'd then still have a "full Squad" so to speak.

Holding 1 to mass cancel, or recasting on an enemy for selective cancelling, should work fine.

Furthermore, I still say make the conversion permanent once the enemy has stored up lethal damage
(Nekros / Xaku can keep around their converted doods potentially for the whole mission),
have them then count as dead for the purposes of Exterminate etc and drop their loot, to prevent griefing possibilities.

Remove CC / debuffs (e.g. being slowed down / disarmed / whatnot) from your MC target(s).

Make the "buff MC victim damage via attacking them" thing not be on a limited duration
(it's kind of flow-breaking to have to focus purely on whacking away at an enemy you already removed from the list of things to kill),
put a cap (dunno, 2000% or so?) on how much you can buff them, let the Augment increase that cap and / or (in general) speed them up.

Speaking of speed, a Wuclone-esque teleport would be great to have your new buddies catch up with you in more mobile missions,
but I guess that may not fit too well with Nyx' theme and all, so maybe "just" have them focus on following you when you're far enough away?

Of course, if some of this would be too stronk for a Helminth-able ability, simply nerf that version in whatever ways necessary.
But Nyx at least really deserves to get some more oomph behind this ability (like, I actually replaced her 1 on some builds, WTF, feels bad man).

Lastly, purely for funzies, when the ability ends on an already shindeiru enemy, make their head asplode :D

This, and / or remove the target cap, let us spam the bolts all over.

Slight increase in base Duration wouldn't hurt, either.
Or Hek, make the effects permanent, even.

Plus maybe, while of course prioritizing "fresh" targets, have the bolts deal
some damage to already affected enemies, just for old times' sake lol.

Some clarification might be needed here, are you talking about adding a DOT effect to Chaos?

In any case, I'd like the see the shrinkage removed from the Augment,
maybe you could even reverse it (or add an option for a Hold function so you could have both),
i.e. add a slow wave to the base effect, that maybe even expands slightly beyond the regular range
... or, put a max "range" on that wave equal to what we can get with all Range Mods currently,
then let the wave (generously) scale with Duration so less Range-focused builds could still get mass Chaos pwnage.

4th ability Absorb - massive range buff

Yes, please.
Plus of course, remove the range nerf from the Augment.

That whole "extra Energy cost per 1k damage" thing I don't see as really necessary,
other (stronger) abilities like Mallet or Maim don't have additional costs the more they get charged up.

I still kinda want to be able to (slowly) move around in the Absorb bubble, like Aegis Storm I guess
(not least for the ability to reposition yourself without cancelling the ability, but also, just for the lulz),
while also being free to use your other abilities (including the "possession" thing, because sure, why not).

Archived