Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path was already pretty hard for certain (most) frames

parttimeparty

They needed to focus on balancing rather than buffing/nerfing. 

Most frames will still get one shotted in SP unless you do everything right (builds, 100% attn to what youre doing, etc). I get that its supposed to be a challenge, but they keep buffing enemies and weakening us.

This is the epitome of unfun and video games are supposed to be fun.

Nice to see some more Steel Essence in the dailies. Something that should have happened months ago.

Now if they can just take a week and fix rivens, we will be getting somewhere. 

Im talking to YOU .5 dispo and YOU overkill on the RNG. No more negative damage, multi, crit, etc. Unfair and lame.

First of all, if they 'kept buffing enemies and weakening us', then gameplay would still look like this:

Spoiler

The player is literally, objectively, more powerful than anything in this footage. You start stronger, faster and more capable than the player here.

This also isn't true just within the recent bounds. Melee's upper limits are being brought down again, sure, but guns are receiving triple damage buffs and several high-tier enemies are becoming capable of being killed at 40-80% of their health bar in the same fell swoop, and enemies are not being changed to compensate. It's worth noting that this time last year, enemy armour was nerfed substantially. Players in general are going to be getting more powerful in the coming update - at most, the absolute apex is coming down whilst the baseline goes up.

Secondly, buffing and nerfing is a huge component of what balance is. In order to stop squishy frames from being oneshot, DE must either nerf the enemies or buff the frames. The statement of 'they should focus more on balance and less on buffing/nerfing' is a paradox in terms.

Thirdly, Rivens were a mistake. They don't serve their intended purpose, and seem to cause far more misery and toxicity than enjoyment, at least from where I'm standing.

also DE fail too understand by nerfing melee in general waframes that are melee focused i.e {valkyr} {excalibur] {wukong} abilties become useless. with the removal of the ability to stagger enemies and nerfing attack speed into the ground as a whole removes any possibility on any survival.. mods like healing return become useless. if they had any sense they would reinstate old melee mechanics as the old system was fine as it was. the gun damage was lacking thats all. my honest opinion is DE are removing any player choice we all have our preferences on our playstyles .  with the changes planned they are alienating most of the melee players.. and DE usual line that weapon mechanics or damage did not work as intended is an excuse for persistent nerfs . if that was the case id swear you would have braindead monkeys doing their coding for them..

15 minutes ago, (PSN)Nightninja2413 said:

my honest opinion is DE are removing any player choice we all have our preferences on our playstyles .

You sound like your personal choice is being impacted (I'd be extremely hesitatant to say that player choice in general is being removed). What's your playstyle?

10 hours ago, Loza03 said:

First of all, if they 'kept buffing enemies and weakening us', then gameplay would still look like this:

Reveal hidden contents

The player is literally, objectively, more powerful than anything in this footage. You start stronger, faster and more capable than the player here.

That player doesn't have a single mod equipped. All their gear is rank zero. You can see it levelling up as they play. I'm not surprised that they're weaker. And yes, mobility is vastly lower back then, but you had less enemies to deal with.

Also, I can't help but be reminded how much nicer the game looked and sounded back then. The shield effects on the player, the taiko drum music, the ship's PA system and the Grineer voices in English and even the sound of the Lato.

15 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

That player doesn't have a single mod equipped. All their gear is rank zero. You can see it levelling up as they play. I'm not surprised that they're weaker. And yes, mobility is vastly lower back then, but you had less enemies to deal with.

Also, I can't help but be reminded how much nicer the game looked and sounded back then. The shield effects on the player, the taiko drum music, the ship's PA system and the Grineer voices in English and even the sound of the Lato.

When I say "you start stronger", I mean it. Excalibur's been buffed and literally given access to abilities to abilities by default. A level 0 Excalibur in Vor's Prize is stronger than a level 0 Excalibur in this footage, a level 0 Lato is stronger etc. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear, but that's the point of "If we hadn't been given massive buffs, then this wouldn't be the case".

Having said that, I do have to at least partially agree. Whilst I appreciate aspects like the improved graphics, there's certainly more stylistic cohesion in earlier Warframe.

13 hours ago, parttimeparty said:

I get that its supposed to be a challenge, but they keep buffing enemies and weakening us.

You must be relatively new to the game.  If there's one constant thing that has always happened over the years of Warframe's existence is that the tenno/players got exponentially stronger while the enemies got weaker. Operator immortality, helminth do it all builds, shield gating, the new reworked status/damage severely nerfing enemies ehp, new powerful mods, etc etc. Sure, a few weapons and powers get nerfed every and then, but it's a drop in the ocean that is the power creep of Warframe.

On 2021-06-19 at 6:08 AM, --END--Rikutatis said:

You must be relatively new to the game.  If there's one constant thing that has always happened over the years of Warframe's existence is that the tenno/players got exponentially stronger while the enemies got weaker. Operator immortality, helminth do it all builds, shield gating, the new reworked status/damage severely nerfing enemies ehp, new powerful mods, etc etc. Sure, a few weapons and powers get nerfed every and then, but it's a drop in the ocean that is the power creep of Warframe.

Im actually not. Ive completed steel path using all frames. I have every weapon (including kuva) maxed out. A maxed out railjack. If there is something in this game that can be maxed I have it. I have god roll Rivens for almost every weapon in the game. 

I've made tons of money selling Loki frames.

Ive done and have everything this game has to offer.

So yeah, far from new.

37 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

LOL

No

They're lazy Band-Aids.

Some frames are so outdated its insane for you to say that.

Most content is outdated as well, but thats another story.

So how do you fix outdated frames? By buffing them... How else are you going to balance content without making it stronger or weaker?

Archived