Jump to content

What do people WANT out of this game?


Recommended Posts

On top of my list : I want more lore and quests.

Each warframe should have its own story, maybe with specific npc, maybe with "old" ones, i don't care but it would be a way to add some more life in WF universe.

Shafara said something true about Tubemen, that was a wonderful event, all player involved against a treat but playing the game of an other treat, each of us having to make a choice between "peste et choléra".

I don't remember which event introduced Bursa but it was cool too. I love that aspect in game. Goul arrival was also done in a nice way. Change in gameplay and faction were story driven, On the long run, we still grind but not in a static world, for me it's enough. I don't need thousands of warframes nor billions of weapons. But every, let's say, 6 months a good story would make me really happy!

Syndicates should also have stories/quests too.

All of them replayable, maybe with something like chaos in Bordelands 3 (you replay the same story but ennemies are strongers, you got random buff and debuff, etc when you choose higher difficulties)

 

On game itself,

I found DE's job really good. Graphics are better and better with every update, the sounds are immersive, lights are (a bit too much) awesome, the gameplay is great, I love last UI changes.

IA...IA is the bad part... Ennemies are too dumb to make us feel as good warriors. We can feel powerful when killing billions of them with a single hit, but we can't feel like guerilleros even when fighting in small places. (Maybe I m "wrong" but I was and I m hyped by the idea of the little Tenno's group fighting huge empires, trying to use them more than getting use by, etc)

About balance... I don't have anything usefull to say. I m bored by nuke abilities and unaiming-no-drawbacks weapons but as I  must play solo...

Lastly

I don't agree on everything but on most part, especially on balance and fixing the base.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since its been brought back to the front of the forums: I just want an interesting scifi ARPG in the vein of Mass Effect with plenty of things to do and plenty of stories to tell. Some things can't likely be translated, because of it being open to other players though. Like if x chooses to sacrifice a city of civilians but y chooses not to, it puts the game story in an awkward position, unless treating every player as their own universe in itself. Love to have new solar systems, planets, and alien races to run across as well.

I'd also love to have multi-stage/dynamic missions, where its not just an Exterminate; instead being something like Railjack-Exterminate -> Spy-> Sabotage -> Extraction to give a sort of pseudo narrative of sorts to the mission.

Though honestly I've been fine with whatever DE has put out so far, so I'm here for to watch their vision unfold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-04-08 at 9:02 AM, (PSN)LeBlingKing said:

Let's cut to the chase.

This game peaked when the first open world released, and ever since then, it's been a rocky downward slope to Grindfest City: population, almost everyone now that Scarlet Spear is console-certified.

Being ambitious is one thing, but over-ambition is dangerous, especially when you're trying to deliver a live service to millions upon millions of registered losers.

You have something good going: a base. People like the base. You build on top of the base with stuff that fits the base perfectly. Then you decide, "you know what? I'm going to do something completely different, something out-of-the-blue, and hopefully, the players will enjoy it". And then, you do something completely different. Despite a buggy start, you refine it, and you not only get positive reception, but you also get an influx of new users thanks to doing something different BETTER than someone else whose entire premise was on that different thing but they failed to deliver on it.

"Warframe is the X killer, Warframe is the free and better version of Y, etc."

But then, something changes. Now that you know that doing stuff differently yields tremendous positive reception, you forget about the base of the game, and start loading something new on top of it every three months. Spaceships, a second open world, a nemesis system that isn't even a nemesis system, Endgame #1, Endgame #2, Endgame #2.5,

and then all of a sudden, people who were a fan of the base can't find it any more, because it's covered in all this JUNK that only barely fits the base game to begin with.

Here's where things get tricky.

Now that people who like certain aspects of the base game and people who like certain aspects of the "different" make up a bulk of the community, opinions become double-edged, double-sided, and just straight up oxymoronic.

  • More content, or fix the base?
  • Balance or power fantasy?
  • Are nerfs unnecessary or are they meant to "fix" ""exploits""?
  • Which members of the community deserve to be listened to the most?
  • Does any of this have to do with being partially owned by Chinese mega-corps?
  • How would the developers be able to make amends to the community who liked the base?
  • Is having more content necessarily a good thing?
  • Is it fair to compare what we have now, and what we had 6-7 years ago, and call it an "improvement"?

Because the developers don't know what they want for this game, neither does the community. And because the community doesn't know what it wants for this game, neither will the developers.

Which is why, today, I'm asking you all a very important question:

What do YOU want out of this game? And why?

I want to see just how many ideas of a good Warframe there are amongst the Warframe community itself. Because if the community can't work together and save this game, who will?

A story. More story missions. Give me a reason to care other than the Pokemon "gotta catch 'em all" approach to designing Warframe. My favorite part of Warframe are the story missions and DE has gone out of their way to focus less on that and more on exponentially increasing the grind, adding more open worlds filled with filler missions and grind, and space combat. Space combat that has only further delayed the main story missions (yes, I know Covid played a role, however the decision to add railjack to the main storyline was made before Covid and lockdowns).

Do more with the characters, flesh them out. Hire better writers who can actually write the characters and story rather than write vapid stuff that is meant to be epic but is actually empty and doesn't get referenced again. Make Teshin more important to the story since he's the anti-sentient ally we have. He should be contacting us about potential threats and coordinating with other allies. Heck, He should be our mentor for new techniques to fight the Sentients.

Reduce the grind: make the game fun, and not a job. Unfortunately I'm well aware that Warframe needs the grind as, without it, the game doesn't have much to it. The grind is the point to the game unfortunately.

Stop nerfing popular things. Let players have fun.

Unfortunately, the truth is none of this will ever happen and DE will continue to create stuff that gets them money while giving players no reason to continue other than grind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-04-08 at 1:02 PM, (PSN)LeBlingKing said:

Let's cut to the chase.

This game peaked when the first open world released, and ever since then, it's been a rocky downward slope to Grindfest City: population, almost everyone now that Scarlet Spear is console-certified.

Being ambitious is one thing, but over-ambition is dangerous, especially when you're trying to deliver a live service to millions upon millions of registered losers.

You have something good going: a base. People like the base. You build on top of the base with stuff that fits the base perfectly. Then you decide, "you know what? I'm going to do something completely different, something out-of-the-blue, and hopefully, the players will enjoy it". And then, you do something completely different. Despite a buggy start, you refine it, and you not only get positive reception, but you also get an influx of new users thanks to doing something different BETTER than someone else whose entire premise was on that different thing but they failed to deliver on it.

"Warframe is the X killer, Warframe is the free and better version of Y, etc."

But then, something changes. Now that you know that doing stuff differently yields tremendous positive reception, you forget about the base of the game, and start loading something new on top of it every three months. Spaceships, a second open world, a nemesis system that isn't even a nemesis system, Endgame #1, Endgame #2, Endgame #2.5,

and then all of a sudden, people who were a fan of the base can't find it any more, because it's covered in all this JUNK that only barely fits the base game to begin with.

Here's where things get tricky.

Now that people who like certain aspects of the base game and people who like certain aspects of the "different" make up a bulk of the community, opinions become double-edged, double-sided, and just straight up oxymoronic.

  • More content, or fix the base?
  • Balance or power fantasy?
  • Are nerfs unnecessary or are they meant to "fix" ""exploits""?
  • Which members of the community deserve to be listened to the most?
  • Does any of this have to do with being partially owned by Chinese mega-corps?
  • How would the developers be able to make amends to the community who liked the base?
  • Is having more content necessarily a good thing?
  • Is it fair to compare what we have now, and what we had 6-7 years ago, and call it an "improvement"?

Because the developers don't know what they want for this game, neither does the community. And because the community doesn't know what it wants for this game, neither will the developers.

Which is why, today, I'm asking you all a very important question:

What do YOU want out of this game? And why?

I want to see just how many ideas of a good Warframe there are amongst the Warframe community itself. Because if the community can't work together and save this game, who will?

I would like DE to respect older players more by making game mode that doesn't end in 1 day. Railjack at the beginning was like this....with the corpus railjack update my "endgame" evaporated....

Before the update I was quite satisfied with the railjack because it was something that kept me busy. Now it has been transformed into something that no longer has a name or has lost its identity. Everything in the railjack corpus update was a flop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

RAIDS

Extremely punishing raid with extra narrow time frame of action (1 second to activate two consoles far away or fail), heavy consequences on mistakes and reckless plays, coordination with split teams and bullet hell security system or nothing

Make the popcorn, it'll be glorious

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Extremely punishing raid with extra narrow time frame of action (1 second to activate two consoles far away or fail), heavy consequences on mistakes and reckless plays, coordination with split teams and bullet hell security system or nothing

Make the popcorn, it'll be glorious

You're playing my song bro.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-04-08 at 12:02 PM, (PSN)LeBlingKing said:

Let's cut to the chase.

This game peaked when the first open world released, and ever since then, it's been a rocky downward slope to Grindfest City: population, almost everyone now that Scarlet Spear is console-certified.

Being ambitious is one thing, but over-ambition is dangerous, especially when you're trying to deliver a live service to millions upon millions of registered losers.

You have something good going: a base. People like the base. You build on top of the base with stuff that fits the base perfectly. Then you decide, "you know what? I'm going to do something completely different, something out-of-the-blue, and hopefully, the players will enjoy it". And then, you do something completely different. Despite a buggy start, you refine it, and you not only get positive reception, but you also get an influx of new users thanks to doing something different BETTER than someone else whose entire premise was on that different thing but they failed to deliver on it.

"Warframe is the X killer, Warframe is the free and better version of Y, etc."

But then, something changes. Now that you know that doing stuff differently yields tremendous positive reception, you forget about the base of the game, and start loading something new on top of it every three months. Spaceships, a second open world, a nemesis system that isn't even a nemesis system, Endgame #1, Endgame #2, Endgame #2.5,

and then all of a sudden, people who were a fan of the base can't find it any more, because it's covered in all this JUNK that only barely fits the base game to begin with.

Here's where things get tricky.

Now that people who like certain aspects of the base game and people who like certain aspects of the "different" make up a bulk of the community, opinions become double-edged, double-sided, and just straight up oxymoronic.

  • More content, or fix the base?
  • Balance or power fantasy?
  • Are nerfs unnecessary or are they meant to "fix" ""exploits""?
  • Which members of the community deserve to be listened to the most?
  • Does any of this have to do with being partially owned by Chinese mega-corps?
  • How would the developers be able to make amends to the community who liked the base?
  • Is having more content necessarily a good thing?
  • Is it fair to compare what we have now, and what we had 6-7 years ago, and call it an "improvement"?

Because the developers don't know what they want for this game, neither does the community. And because the community doesn't know what it wants for this game, neither will the developers.

Which is why, today, I'm asking you all a very important question:

What do YOU want out of this game? And why?

I want to see just how many ideas of a good Warframe there are amongst the Warframe community itself. Because if the community can't work together and save this game, who will?

I want the ability to build what could be considered a NPC clan. Because the story is experienced in single player I wish to get the same multiplayer experience out of it. I want competent single player companions I can improve myself and go on missions with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joezone619 said:

Challange, not cheese.

Good luck with that, seeing as the core principle of Warframe design is to never seriously challenge the player. As I've said other times in these forums: DE probably has a whiteboard in the meeting room with MISSION FAILURES ARE BAD FOR PLAYER RETENTION written on it. Being the least challenging it can be while still qualifying as a game is both their niche and their business model.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want mechanical depth that’s engaging. It’s why I return to warframe constantly, very few shooters even come close.

Balance, mods and power levels etc aside, what I want from this game is compelling mechanics that are fun to use. Things like the operator dash, the sliding, the rolling, the APM and accuracy required to pull off a frenetic playstyle.

It allows me to forgive a lot, which is good because a lot needs to be forgiven to engage with Warframe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, (PSN)FromOtherSpace said:

I m bored 

People want a game that they can play forever.

I'm sorry it's impossible. 

People will be bored with even the last of us, god of war, the witcher, breath of the wild. Those are GOTY winners, best of the best. Peak of videogame creation in our times.

Let alone warframe.

Take a break, people.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, CrimsonXX said:

Since its been brought back to the front of the forums: I just want an interesting scifi ARPG in the vein of Mass Effect with plenty of things to do and plenty of stories to tell. Some things can't likely be translated, because of it being open to other players though. Like if x chooses to sacrifice a city of civilians but y chooses not to, it puts the game story in an awkward position, unless treating every player as their own universe in itself. Love to have new solar systems, planets, and alien races to run across as well.

I'd also love to have multi-stage/dynamic missions, where its not just an Exterminate; instead being something like Railjack-Exterminate -> Spy-> Sabotage -> Extraction to give a sort of pseudo narrative of sorts to the mission.

Though honestly I've been fine with whatever DE has put out so far, so I'm here for to watch their vision unfold.

 

2 hours ago, Dairaion said:

I want the ability to build what could be considered a NPC clan. Because the story is experienced in single player I wish to get the same multiplayer experience out of it. I want competent single player companions I can improve myself and go on missions with.

These ideas are the kinds of things I want. If the actual story of the game (you know, the good stuff) is going to be locked to Single Player, don't force me to do Multiplayer if I don't want to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 12 Stunden schrieb CrimsonXX:

Since its been brought back to the front of the forums: I just want an interesting scifi ARPG in the vein of Mass Effect with plenty of things to do and plenty of stories to tell.

What are you doing here then? Warframe isn't that. Never was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I want them to fix the bugs rather than put in more ill thought out ideas , (like helminth) that cause all kinds of problems.

I want them to finish the stuff they start, not abandon it when they run into problems (railjack).

I want them to support their own paying customers with better chat servers, better ping matching and host servers.

This game is so highly monetized and yet we get virtually no QOL fixes. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Il y a 21 heures, (PSN)FromOtherSpace a dit :

About balance... I don't have anything usefull to say. I m bored by nuke abilities and unaiming-no-drawbacks weapons but as I  must play solo...

 

Il y a 6 heures, Soy77 a dit :

People want a game that they can play forever.

I'm sorry it's impossible. 

People will be bored with even the last of us, god of war, the witcher, breath of the wild. Those are GOTY winners, best of the best. Peak of videogame creation in our times.

Let alone warframe.

Take a break, people.

Wow that's cherry picking at his best!!!! 3 words only, not even a sentence!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, (PSN)FromOtherSpace said:

On top of my list : I want more lore and quests.

This

16 hours ago, CrimsonXX said:

I'd also love to have multi-stage/dynamic missions

And this

15 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

A story. More story missions. Give me a reason to care

And this

10 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

Challange, not cheese.

And this

 

It's been said for a long time now, it doesn't matter how much "content" they put out, if it's always the same way we interact with it.

Some people at DE are against adding more interaction to the game, dialogue choices, those little things and make a difference in the end.

After completing The Second Dream I got a lot more interested in the game and honestly waiting to see what's next story wise (New War) is the only reason I'm still here playing the game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WoW style raid mechanic and an expansion sized story featuring story missions for all Warframes and some hand built levels for those missions.

Maybe release the story update in groups of 3 over an 18 month period. So a selection of Warframes get missions for each update and each update advances the story. I understand it would be a massive undertaking to make a story for all 40+ Warframe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...