Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel path juggernaut

ZiLTemma

Just thinking if we bother to kill a juggernaut on SP couldn't we get potent pherliac pods instead of regular?  This is an example of general concept, where it could apply, an upgraded reward as such since it's harder to achieve.  It just seems lackluster effort for reward beyond steel essence.

sp juggernaut, sp stalker, sp treasurer, heck even sp bosses need to drop steel essence.

Why they're not? Idk probably because warframe is a free game so they believe every second longer it takes to get something, the longer we'll stay logged in.

Pretty much every reward from Steel Path besides the Essence is exactly the same as regular star chart, they were literally just copy-pasted over.

Having the upcoming gun arcanes and galvanised mods included there is a good start, but I agree with you, drops from tougher SP enemies need to feel less like an afterthought and given some actual incentive.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb ZiLDrome:

Just thinking if we bother to kill a juggernaut on SP couldn't we get potent pherliac pods instead of regular?  This is an example of general concept, where it could apply, an upgraded reward as such since it's harder to achieve.  It just seems lackluster effort for reward beyond steel essence.

he's dead after a few mele heavy attacks ... actually he's nothing special. Another problem is that it spawns all the time. so he is practically a normal opponent.

16 hours ago, ZiLDrome said:

couldn't we get potent pherliac pods instead of regular?

• If used, Potent Pherliac Pods function identically to their normal variant.

Line from the wiki. theres no reason for them to drop potent since potent ones serve no purpose

Why should we get something extra for something that takes pretty much no effort to kill? 

If you are ready for SP, SP Juggernaut should not be challenging. 

SP enemies are meant to give advanced players a way to play as normal without feeling like they are just cutting through tissue paper. 

Just because they are higher level doesn't mean they require higher rewards. 

who uses Pherliac pods anyway? serious question. I wish they served an actual purpose, maybe feeding them to helminth and he gives you a small buff for a few hours or something (yes, that's a nod to the "Invigorations DE wants to add, really hope they don't because it's a BAD idea), or have them be deployables that convert infested in your area to fight for you, because they like Pherliac, right? Jordas made it sound like Catnip for Infested. ooh, maybe we could use it to make the infested fight other factions!, you can't support them in invasions, and we aren't exactly good guys anyway.. so why not have the option to fight for the Hive for once?

we are their flesh after all...

10 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

who uses Pherliac pods anyway? serious question. I wish they served an actual purpose, maybe feeding them to helminth and he gives you a small buff for a few hours or something (yes, that's a nod to the "Invigorations DE wants to add, really hope they don't because it's a BAD idea), or have them be deployables that convert infested in your area to fight for you, because they like Pherliac, right? Jordas made it sound like Catnip for Infested. ooh, maybe we could use it to make the infested fight other factions!, you can't support them in invasions, and we aren't exactly good guys anyway.. so why not have the option to fight for the Hive for once?

we are their flesh after all...

I think a big part of why they are so useless is their pitiful duration. 

10 seconds... that's all you get lol. You could burn through a stack of 50 in just a few minutes to be any kind of effective with them as a decoy. 

I used to F with them a bit back when I was nubbier, until I realized just how terrible the duration, and thus any potential usefulness, really was. 

9 hours ago, Miser_able said:
  • If used, Potent Pherliac Pods function identically to their normal variant.

Line from the wiki. theres no reason for them to drop potent since potent ones serve no purpose

This line from wiki is curious, cause I do use them sometimes and I strongly disagree.  Someone asked why use at all, my reply is that they are very helpful in some riven challenges, and to speed along defense missions.  The bigger picture of my post was there is some non game breaking upgraded loot available for your effort, rather you find ways to utilize it or not is up to you.

20 minutes ago, ZiLDrome said:

This line from wiki is curious, cause I do use them sometimes and I strongly disagree.  Someone asked why use at all, my reply is that they are very helpful in some riven challenges, and to speed along defense missions.  The bigger picture of my post was there is some non game breaking upgraded loot available for your effort, rather you find ways to utilize it or not is up to you.

They don't speed up defense missions. No idea what riven challenges they could be useful for either.

Archived