Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melle getting nerfed after we wer told the oposit

(PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK

So i watched a dev stream a couple months back i think, saying DE was going to add new gun mods, cut down on litch and forma grind and put some work into melle stagger and attack speed stacking rather than doing the easy and lazy thing and just nerfing melle, so i watch a vid today saying they are nerfing melle as well as nerfing attack speed but to balance it out you can do more grind on primary and secondary for super high compacity mods and pay more plat for the forma to fit them on, seriously cant believe this is what they are doing, honestly think this mite be the worst news i could get just before a big update and tenno con, anyone know if this information is maybe incorrect? 

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

saying DE was going to add new gun mods

That they sure are, if you look up the Workshop post Reb posted. So far loved the new mods, just wish they make the Projectile speed ones for the Primary and Secondary weapons too.

41 minutes ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

cut down on litch and forma grind

As far as Lich grinding, i believe they plan on making Thralls spawn less but be worth more Murmurs at a time, same goes for the new Corpus SoP, as for Forma Grind, i doubt it.

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

put some work into melle stagger and attack speed stacking

Yeah, they did mention they would ease on the Staggers for some Melee weapons since they stunlocked enemies making them too easy to kill and not retaliate, as for the Melee Attack Speed stacking yeah, they made it so Fury/Primed Fury can no longer be equipped with the Berserker mod wile also changing the Berserker Mod from On-Crit to On-Kill and increase Atk speed by 35% (from 25%) wile capping at 70% (was 75%) which i find great.

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

rather than doing the easy and lazy thing and just nerfing melle

so i watch a vid today saying they are nerfing melle as well as nerfing attack speed

They are nerfing Melee mods, only Melee weapons actually getting a direct nerf are the Glaives.

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

but to balance it out you can do more grind on primary and secondary for super high compacity mods and pay more plat for the forma to fit them on, seriously cant believe this is what they are doing

The Galvanized mods have 14 Cost of which most of them are replacing mods with 9~15 cost so its not that much of an impact, still the bonus they give after a few kills in most cases far outweighs those of the original ones.

50 minutes ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

honestly think this mite be the worst news i could get just before a big update and tenno con, anyone know if this information is maybe incorrect? 

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

That they sure are, if you look up the Workshop post Reb posted. So far loved the new mods, just wish they make the Projectile speed ones for the Primary and Secondary weapons too.

As far as Lich grinding, i believe they plan on making Thralls spawn less but be worth more Murmurs at a time, same goes for the new Corpus SoP, as for Forma Grind, i doubt it.

Yeah, they did mention they would ease on the Staggers for some Melee weapons since they stunlocked enemies making them too easy to kill and not retaliate, as for the Melee Attack Speed stacking yeah, they made it so Fury/Primed Fury can no longer be equipped with the Berserker mod wile also changing the Berserker Mod from On-Crit to On-Kill and increase Atk speed by 35% (from 25%) wile capping at 70% (was 75%) which i find great.

They are nerfing Melee mods, only Melee weapons actually getting a direct nerf are the Glaives.

The Galvanized mods have 14 Cost of which most of them are replacing mods with 9~15 cost so its not that much of an impact, still the bonus they give after a few kills in most cases far outweighs those of the original ones.

Thats the most elaborate way of saying melle is getting nerfed via melle mods i ever saw

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK:

Thats the most elaborate way of saying melle is getting nerfed via melle mods i ever saw

The simple fact is that they have always said that there will be nerfs. You were never told the opposite.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

rather than doing the easy and lazy thing and just nerfing melle

DE did say they were going to give a nerf to Melee. They said it several times across multiple DevStreams, and they also said it was going to be minor compared to the changes they were going to give Guns.

Three mods and rebalancing the Quick Throw of Glaives is an incredibly minor nerf compared to what they could have done.

Just to sum up for you on what the actual changes were, in order of importance:

Spoiler

Condition Overload had its damage percentage, per Status Effect on the target, reduced from 120% per status to 80% per status. It's still better than the Pressure Point mods, but you now need 3 statuses on an enemy instead of 2 to be better than Primed Pressure Point.

Blood Rush had its Crit percentage per level of the Combo Counter reduced from 60% to 40%. Meaning that now your Melee needs a base Crit Chance higher than 30% to reach Red Crits with a Crit build, instead of around 22%. You'll still hit high Orange crits, with a chance at Red every other swing, but not guaranteed Red.

Berserker now can't be put on the same build with Fury/Primed Fury. It now stacks based on Kills, and stacks up to 70% instead of 75%.

Those are the only mods on melee they changed.

For Glaives, the 'quick' throw stats were too close (for DE) to the fully charged throw stats. So now the fully charged throw takes a little longer to charge, making it much more distinct from the quick throw, and the quick throw deals 50% (based on the weapon) what the fully charged throw does.

The stagger functions on Melee have already been changed, they were changed around a month or more ago. This removes the Stagger procs from Stances, or reduces them where appropriate, to make the melee less effective as a crowd-control tool.

Again, that change was already made a while back.

These are the only nerfs to Melee.

And to be fair, they're fine. Melee is still going to be powerful because of the multi-hit, damage multiplying stances, the high damage from crit boosted combos, all the supplemental mods you can get on there...

Now, there are two additions for Guns.

The two additions are Mods, and a new Arcane slot that has unique Primary and Secondary Arcanes (these are kind of like Combo Counter functions for guns).

Both the Mods and the Arcanes are 'on kill, gain a stacking bonus'. And for the Arcanes, these are actually pretty powerful.

Primary and Secondary Arcanes all fall into three types, there are one of each type for the Primary and Secondary:

Spoiler

Merciless: On Kill, gain bonus Damage, bonus Reload speed and bonus Maximum Ammo.

The damage on kill is +30% and only lasts for 6 Seconds, but it stacks up to 360% damage. The Reload speed and Ammo Max do not stack, they give 30% Reload Speed and 100% Ammo Max for the same amount of time. You can refresh this with more kills.

DeadHead: On Headshot Kill, gain bonus Damage, bonus Headshot Multiplier and less Recoil.

The damage on Headshot kill is +120% and lasts for a massive 24 Seconds, and it stacks up to 360% damage. The Headshot Multiplier and lower Recoil do not stack, they give +30% Headshot Multiplier and -50% Recoil for the same amount of time. You can refresh these with more kills.

Dexterity: On Melee Kill, gain bonus Damage.

This one's simple, you kill with a melee and your Primary/Secondary gains +60% Damage, this also stacks up to 360% Damage and lasts for 20 Seconds. Refresh with more kills.

So that's actually not all that bad. These stats are actually really good if you maintain them. I know that Harrow and other CC players are looking at the DeadHead arcanes and salivating...

The bad side of the addition is that you have to farm these Arcanes from Acolytes and buy an 'unlocker' for the slot, like a Exilus Adapter, from Teshin for Steel Essence.

The good side of having to buy these is DE are boosting the gain of Steel Essence, with the Alerts dropping 5 Essence instead of 3, and Acolytes spawning faster in Endless missions.

The bad side of having Acolytes spawn faster is DE are killing that niche meta farm for Essence using the Kavatt resource boost, they're killing it completely by making Steel Essence de-spawn after 5 minutes, so remember to pick up your Essence quick.

And only after all that do you consider the Mods.

Three mods each for Rifles, Shotguns and Secondary.

These are all 'on kill', but some of them add some meaningful stats and bonuses with that. For example the Rifle mod Galvanised Scope is a straight replacement for Argon Scope. It has a slightly lower base effect, where 'on headshot' you gain 120% Crit Chance on Aimed shots. But on Headshot Kill you gain a stacking Crit Chance buff even further that can stack your total Crit Chance while Aiming up to 320%. Since that stacks, you can refresh it, and the duration is 12 Seconds. It's definitely worth it on builds that already benefit from Argon Scope.

Galvanised Chamber, replacing Split Chamber on your build, gives less base Multishot, but stacks up to 200% from kills for a full 20 Seconds. Which is just a straight buff to any build, it's completely fine.

And the rest are pretty good too, with the same multi-shot mods for shotgun and pistol, status chance ones for both rifle and pistol, and the shotgun spare mod (because getting Headshots is either too easy or too hard with shotguns) increases your Fall-off distance and Beam length, which is just a straight damage boost to most of these weapons (because many shotguns only deal 50% damage after around 20m, so boosting your fall-off range means they do full damage for further, and the 50% range is usually at a distance you wouldn't be using a Shotgun for anyway).

So...

With all that said...

It's not what people exactly wanted.

But it's a start.

It's not a bad start either, apart from the grind nature of some aspects. 

42 minutes ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

So i cant find a stream where they say "we are not doing the easy thing snd nerfing melle" bet i can

Please put down the bottle and be reasonable.

Back when Rebecca/Shys video first convinced them to do something about guns versus melee, they said guns would get buffs and melee would get toned down some, especially attack speed.

Prove they said they aren't nerfing melee.

Bet you can't.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

So i cant find a stream where they say "we are not doing the easy thing snd nerfing melle" bet i can

I, for one, am looking forward to video evidence of DE talking about not nerfing any of the following:

People

Places

Other

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I, for one, am looking forward to video evidence of DE talking about not nerfing any of the following:

People

Places

Other

You're a jerk for doing this even though you know what he meant, but I love you anyway bc this is hilarious. 😂😂😂

7 hours ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

DevStream 152; Q&A Portion, 'are you planning on bringing Guns up to the level of Melee'.

Scott's answer, in short; The devs took the feedback to heart and are looking at bringing guns up by adding more mods, but maybe also bringing down melee.

Let's see... It's here at the start point I've embedded (40:30 if that hasn't worked):

Spoiler

The entire discussion of that question involved both buffing guns and what could potentially be nerfed on Melee, with Steve even joking that Melee would be horribly, horribly nerfed.

The context was in relation to removing the Staggers and Stuns from Stances, but also Attack Speed reductions. Scott even specifically said 'plus some changes to some of the melee ones' meaning 'melee mods'. Heck, the change to Berserker was even directly foreshadowed, when Scott talked about how they have the 'parenting mods' concept, where you can't stack mods that do the same thing, in direct statements about how they would reduce Attack Speed.

I will quote, at 43:14 in the stream: 'There is definitely going to be some nerfs to melee'.

However the video that triggered most of this discussion, which was actually raised on DevStream 152 (the joke being that Rebecca is also the YouTube channel QuietShy, and Shy released a video of playing an entire Steel Path mission using only the mouse to look and the Melee button to attack, with zero issues and no consequences), has not actually been addressed with this change. You will still be able to do that, if you really want to be boring.

Three mods and one part of Glaive throwing is a tiny amount of nerfs to be had, and the potential in that original DevStream discussion was for them to do far worse.

8 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Scott's answer, in short; The devs took the feedback to heart and are looking at bringing guns up by adding more mods, but maybe also bringing down melee.

8 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

at 43:14 in the stream: 'There is definitely going to be some nerfs to melee'.

Thank you for going and finding this. DE definitely said there were going to be some nerfs to melee. You should check this out, @(PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK.

On 2021-06-21 at 7:24 AM, Tiltskillet said:

People

Places

Other

Funny guy

Archived