So how about Arch Guns which are supposed to be limited use superweapons? Why does DE ignore them?

13 hours ago, Lakais said:

Are some of the normal weaponry more powerful then AW's? Yes. And usually you have to jump through quite a few loops to get and build them up. Effort-to-effort, I'd argue that AW's ARE more powerful then standard weapons at sheer base value. It's just that the many times bigger catalog of mods that normal weapons have just lets them be built up to a higher level of insanity. 

I dunno about that. My kitgun pistol is more powerful than any of my archguns, it takes much less effort to get it working as infantry (for one, no grinding for gravimag parts) and it has infinite ammo with no reloads. And the mods are much easier to get - the dual stat mods for pistols appear in spy missions and from Vor (although the electric/stat mod is only from Baro), while archgun dual stat mods only appear from fomorian missions (and one of the orbs, I think - which is just a pain in the arse to grind).

• Like 2

LOL Ayanga is strong? and Mausolon is stupidly strong? They can't even keep up vs most of the secondary weapons. Archguns aren't supposed to be a one time utility tool for one single boss fight. They're supposed to be SUPERWEAPONS that has long cooldowns and limited ammo reserves.

They need like 4x the buffs on their current situation. They can do it through mods/arcanes or base stats just jam it in the Sisters of Parvos since there's only a handful of them.

• Like 3

On 2021-06-21 at 10:42 AM, DoomFruit said:

I dunno about that. My kitgun pistol is more powerful than any of my archguns, it takes much less effort to get it working as infantry (for one, no grinding for gravimag parts) and it has infinite ammo with no reloads. And the mods are much easier to get - the dual stat mods for pistols appear in spy missions and from Vor (although the electric/stat mod is only from Baro), while archgun dual stat mods only appear from fomorian missions (and one of the orbs, I think - which is just a pain in the arse to grind).

Kitguns and zaws are stuff I keep omitting. Not because they are rare or not being used, but because their power tends to set them apart from normal weaponry despite the fact that they are in the same sandbox. I simply don't even consider them as part of the normal weapon lineup. Same with Rivens, they are too much of a wild-card to consider part of the "standard". 
And as I said, the main thing going for standard weaponry is the fact that you can have stacking mods. AW weapons have the most basic mods. You can almost fit every mod for an AW weapon in a weapon. The list of available mods is that small. And I am not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Heavy weapons absolutely need to be buffed. They already needed a buff, and now with the "gun buffs" that neglected heavy weapon guns, they've fallen even further behind. But I've really just given up at this point. DE doesn't listen to feedback. They don't care. Nothing ever changes. They just ignore all feedback unless there's massive community outrage.

6 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

Heavy weapons absolutely need to be buffed. They already needed a buff, and now with the "gun buffs" that neglected heavy weapon guns, they've fallen even further behind. But I've really just given up at this point. DE doesn't listen to feedback. They don't care. Nothing ever changes. They just ignore all feedback unless there's massive community outrage.

DE always looks at things in a vacuum one a time. Changing one thing always breaks something else.

The Status Changes were of the same nature.

Corrosive was capped at 80% strip, so it breaks even with a full strip the old Corrosive could do at 4500 Ferrite armor and gets progressively worse as armor scales higher. Of course, ~4500 armor is what a ~74 Heavy Gunner sports which is where the gentler S-curve scaling kicks in. These changes are supposed to balance out, but then Steel Path shipped with extra armor modifiers.

Without a +75% bonus against Alloy, Corrosive never surpasses Radiation against Alloy, which can be seen as a good thing, but on the other hand, Corrosive is weaker than pure Viral against Alloy at Sortie level.

The Viral+Bleed combo only got stronger.

Viral can be stacked to 10, but it was supposed to be balanced by Slash losing the 4xIPS weighting. DE overlooked Hunter Munitions and Stances. Viral+Bleed got stronger.

Gas no longer scales with elemental mods, capped at 10 and doesn't deal Toxin anymore. Lost it's niche against Corpus and is overkill against Infested chaff.

• Like 1

It's time to get surface Arch guns buffed. Give us Galvanized Arch gun mods and arcanes slots for Arch gun Merciless/Deadhead. An overall Arch gun buff would be needed as well since they are supposed to be limited use superweapons. DE can even remove heavy ammo drops on normal missions to make it limited and rely on cooldown. I refuse to believe that its only use are tools for one boss fight and a downgraded gun for when we get to use our Necramechs.

• Like 2