Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

unable to connect to chat server

Esparda009

Update: I restarted the game just now and the chat came back up again. Whatever the problem was, seems to have been fixed. However it did not show anything different for me until a restart,

I did restart 2x before posting here, so the initial problem was not client side, however the chat server does not restart automatically without a relog. Enjoy!

7 minutes ago, Esparda009 said:

but i havent been on chat for like ages... 

and not to forget i Havent said anything offensive.. 

Not to worry, you were not chat banned as far as I can tell, since I had the very same issue and I didnt post in chat either, it was right when I logged in for the first time today. For me it lasted a little over half an hour, but it works now. You have restarted your game I assume?

And today's broken thing is communication! Oh wait, that was always broken. 

DE's provided some tips to resurrecting the chat connection via switching ISPs. LOL jk - sort of. Restart the computer's net services, try a different network connection, try using your mobile service, remove your router from the connection, etc. All this to trick it back into subordination. No luck.

For me, chat was working in Warframe a few hours ago, until I shut down game. When I start up Warframe game now, chat won't connect. Nothing but spinning circle.

EE.log shows:
34.095 Net [Info]: IRC connected: TLSv1.3 TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
34.892 Net [Info]: IRC out: NICK sam686
154.384 Net [Error]: IRC socket connection closed by the server.
154.540 Net [Info]: IRC in: ERROR :Closing link: (*@IPv6_address) [Registration timeout]
154.540 Net [Info]: IRC out: QUIT :Logged out of game
154.836 Net [Info]: IRC connected: TLSv1.3 TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
155.008 Net [Info]: IRC out: NICK sam686
275.394 Net [Error]: IRC socket connection closed by the server.
275.400 Net [Info]: IRC in: ERROR :Closing link: (*@IPv4_address) [Registration timeout]
275.400 Net [Info]: IRC out: QUIT :Logged out of game

Looks like something is wrong with chat server or chat connection. Unresponsive, then exactly 120 seconds later, just closes the connection to chat.

Archived