Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts about Galvanized Mods and Berserker mod?

7 minutes ago, syl42 said:

That's why I was wondering if it may be better to use another elemental mod (which is multiplicative with raw damage) instead of another raw damage with 300% coming from the arcane.

Well that will mostly depend on how capable your weapon is for killing things before getting that 360% boost from the arcane.

The big thing is that unlike CO vs PPP, the Arcane doesn't have any competing drain associated with it, meaning that removing a base damage mod makes less sense because of the on-kill requirement, unlike CO which only needs 2 (soon to be 3) status effects to be the same amount of power.

I still wouldn't recommend taking off a base damage mod and relying on the arcane for most ranged weapons, because if you fail to refresh that arcane your weapon's base damage (which elemental relies on) will take a nosedive until you can get it stacked up to at least the threshold of the base damage mod again.

9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

120% multiplicative per stack

Wasn't it 60% per stack?

And i think for clarity it should be pointed out that it wasn't just a multiplier for all other damage (which can be technically interpreted as being a multiplier but stacking additively with itself, like 1.6x > 2.2x > 2.8x > …), but actually a multiplier for itself too, resulting in exponential growth.

Just like berserk, it was busted and deserved a nerf, but definitely not the one they gave it.

6 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

Wasn't it 60% per stack?

And i think for clarity it should be pointed out that it wasn't just a multiplier for all other damage (which can be technically interpreted as being a multiplier but stacking additively with itself, like 1.6x > 2.2x > 2.8x > …), but actually a multiplier for itself too, resulting in exponential growth.

Just like berserk, it was busted and deserved a nerf, but definitely not the one they gave it.

idd
it was multiplicative with itself and got all modded damage into the equation(not just melee damage like it is now).
It was truly a masterpiece then.

Tbh the only major change was berserker which is easily replaced with gladiator vice primed fury etc. Melee will still be top tier and the community pretty much over reacted without actually doing the math on the changes. I heard people say blood rush is trash now lol 240% reduction only affects a few weapons so it's far from dead. Same with condition overload

2 hours ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

fun fact : DE refused to put magazine size or reload speed as exilus mods "because it was DPS increase", whereas the DPS increase would have been around 10~20%, i.e. less efficient than +20% multishot.

And Ammo Mutation was allowed to be an Exilus mod, despite it singlehandedly giving AOE weapons balanced around high burst but virtually no sustained DPS, sustained DPS.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Berserker

Berserker would give a multiplicative bonus of attack speed. I guess with this change (not stackable with Fury), it isn't also multiplicative anymore.

This means it won't multiply Arcane Strike, Warcry and Riven attack speed, and will be subject to diminishing returns.

It wasn't about stacking attack speed, it was about using Berserker to multiply other attack speed source.

On 2021-06-20 at 11:34 AM, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Some of them are good some of them are bad.     Its just bullcrap we have to screw with steel path to get the crap.   

I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY HARD MODE.  

If you don’t want to play hard mode then you have no use for the new mods. Our current arsenal is already overkill damage in the regular game, so the new mods would literally do nothing for you.

If you’re not going to play SP, you can ignore these new mods and your gameplay experience will not be affected one bit.

On 2021-06-19 at 10:35 PM, Guderirian said:

Sorry for the bad English, I'm not an English speaker.

When berserker's triggering prerequisite was changed from critical damage to kill after "The Arsenal Divide". I found that the new "Berserker Fury" would make weapons that rely on combo less capable in advanced maps like Steel Path.

1. when the 75% speed bonus by Berserker is removed, and players must trigger its effect by melee kills instead of crit damage: It would be difficult for melees to cram up combos and finish hi-lvl mobs in Steel path just with their stock statistics. e.g. Nikana

2. when the duration of Berserker was halved, sustaining a higher attack speed in missions where you need to take down multiple targets scattered far away from each other, 10 seconds would be too short to move to a target and eliminate it.

And about the Galvanized Mods for ranged weapons, some of the triggering prerequisites are not that appropriate for going over Steel Path, or even missions above lvl 50.

1. Still, kills as triggering condition isn't that fair for weapons with low stock damage and dps. The only types weapons that could trigger these effects with efficiency are AOE weapons, shotguns and snipers, and there would be less space for SMGs and ARs to take advantage of these mods. Players would not like emptying their smg's magazine over and over again just for triggering the Galvanized effects. Changing the triggering condition from kill to crit damage would be more friendlier for AR and SMG users, and unpopular guns would start to appear in players' load outs.

2. There's another triggering condition that would make most players sad is Head-shot kills. Not everyone has that precision and if they do, all the Warframe players should take part in CS-GO pro-league. On the other hand, taking head shots on every mob in Exterminate missions would be boring and tired. We need to find better solutions for Galvanized mods to make it friendly and fun for everyone.

What you are discussing is exactly why galvanized mods and arcanes have multiple options and stacks. The entire theme is based off of adrenaline combat. Its SIGNIFICANTLY more engaging to me, inviting a reward for whatever gunplay style I like. And let's not forget, the overall complaint about Steel Path was that it was "too easy" and melee was "too good and guns sucked" so this is a good step towards offering center ground. Your complaints all have solutions already included in the system. Don't use the head-shot based mod and use the one that best works for you.

3 hours ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

And Ammo Mutation was allowed to be an Exilus mod, despite it singlehandedly giving AOE weapons balanced around high burst but virtually no sustained DPS, sustained DPS.

Yes, but not for players on high ground, standing in one spot. Even with ammo mutation, actually moving and engaging in closer quarters meant that ammo was plentiful. If you just spin and shoot, which then you would quickly run out of ammo and be forced to move.

Archived