Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dev Workshop that Broke the Camels Back

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

did i say it was? i was just explaining why people thought it was, i know it wasnt, im not that dumb

It seems to me you were implying it was considering you replied to someone who explicitly said it never was with the workshop in which the idea was floated around as if that contradicted the point you chose to quote and highlight. If that wasn't your intent then I'd suggest editing your post to add context.

Is that the new narrative the developer apologists are going with now? You can't complain about the game unless you have a solution ready?

What? You want people to come into the office and do the work for them too?

They create the problems, as with berserker, condition overload, kuva nukor stats, shallow combat gameplay, neglecting damge types etc etc. kill railjack, not once, but twice, ignoring player feedback.

Then to you, that must somehow mean the most belivable story, ought to be "it's the player's fault"? That's sounds desperate. Is that the best narrative you can come up with, then you are really slipping.

Let me help you developer apologists, because frankly it's getting sad to look at, at this point:

"The developers know the player metrics and so are only acting in the best interest of the game, based on those".

"The game is financially doing really well, evident by having a huge investor come on board recently".

"There are too many different takes on the game, with too many conflcting desires".

"... those ambitions are usually also unrealistic in scope and often not even possbile within the game engine".

"The developers run a tight deadline with the main focus being new content picking the lesser of two evils".

"Because the game is so huge and offers so much great and diverse content, there isn't enough time to oversee all of it".

"People also forget, content being patched now, is old content to the developers, old projects no longer relevant, they have moved on"-

"Regardless of how terrible x content is, negativity breeds negativity, even if you don't like the developers or their work, you need to stay focused on keeping them motivated and keeping their spirits high, for the game's sake", "... so even if ass kissing is degrading it's still in the best interest of us developer apologists, and that's why our approach is always right, even when we are objectively wrong".

Now I've done your job for you, as you asked for, do you feel better, or worse.

On 2021-06-20 at 7:07 PM, (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk said:

How is waiting for a smeeta proc to pick up a resource abusing the game? If it were everyone doing it would get a ban. 

It isn't abusing the game. But it distorts balance.

The devs want things acquired at a certain rate. If some people are gaming the system to acquire it at 8-16x faster than anyone else they have three choices.

1. Bring the exception into line

2. Increase the cost to match the new rate

3. Accept that there is now a defined meta with a correct way to play and everything else is wrong.

Increasing the cost would be immensely unpopular. Three would be popular for a while, but then implode as people get very sick of being "forced" to play a certain way  because players can not help but to optimize the fun out of everything.

That leaves option 1.

On 2021-06-20 at 5:30 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

I totally get what you are saying at the end, but especially on the bolded part, I just...

That was a "I can't even moment" when I saw that mod. 

Like, let's fix impact procs by... making them slash procs? It's worse than dancing around the issue, it's pretty much just straight giving up as far as I'm concerned. 

I dont understand why impact and puncture damage is still in the game. Might as well make all damaged act like slash.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

I dont understand why impact and puncture damage is still in the game. Might as well make all damaged act like slash.

The domination of Slash is just the domination of armor scaling. IPS is balanced at low levels. There is a reason why the stat chart caps at level 45. That's where DE balanced Damage 2.0 around.

Armor scaling is the messy glue that holds player power creep back. Now we got DPS normalizing and status immunity.

Il y a 10 heures, (PSN)Madurai-Prime a dit :

Feelings aren't rational sometimes, regardless of how strong they are. People can "honestly feel" that the bramma nerf is "not ok", but that doesn't change the reality of the bramma now does it? 

I would certainly admire your spirit of contradiction if you were not as shortsighted. Yes feeling are irationnals. But there are some pretty dense arguments on that thread and honestly most are rationnal. Something rationnal is not always true(complotism is a decent example of that) but when there are arguments you deal with them and not the state of mind of the persons who throw them, the thread is not about the Bramma and for the record I never said anything about the Bramma on the forum, I had no business breaking already open doors on the topic.

Long story short you make the same mistake as the previous person, same type of condescending/shortsighted/borderline mansplaining gbage :). And it would amuses me if it wasn't a reccuring mistake people make more and more. Our occidental societies are in a pre fascist state and your take on discussing with others is nothing more than a symptom of that.

4 hours ago, Surbusken said:

Is that the new narrative the developer apologists are going with now? You can't complain about the game unless you have a solution ready?

What? You want people to come into the office and do the work for them too?

They create the problems, as with berserker, condition overload, kuva nukor stats, shallow combat gameplay, neglecting damge types etc etc. kill railjack, not once, but twice, ignoring player feedback.

Then to you, that must somehow mean the most belivable story, ought to be "it's the player's fault"? That's sounds desperate. Is that the best narrative you can come up with, then you are really slipping.

Let me help you developer apologists, because frankly it's getting sad to look at, at this point:

"The developers know the player metrics and so are only acting in the best interest of the game, based on those".

"The game is financially doing really well, evident by having a huge investor come on board recently".

"There are too many different takes on the game, with too many conflcting desires".

"... those ambitions are usually also unrealistic in scope and often not even possbile within the game engine".

"The developers run a tight deadline with the main focus being new content picking the lesser of two evils".

"Because the game is so huge and offers so much great and diverse content, there isn't enough time to oversee all of it".

"People also forget, content being patched now, is old content to the developers, old projects no longer relevant, they have moved on"-

"Regardless of how terrible x content is, negativity breeds negativity, even if you don't like the developers or their work, you need to stay focused on keeping them motivated and keeping their spirits high, for the game's sake", "... so even if ass kissing is degrading it's still in the best interest of us developer apologists, and that's why our approach is always right, even when we are objectively wrong".

Now I've done your job for you, as you asked for, do you feel better, or worse.

Don’t blame the developer apologists, they are an intentional by product of the marketing.

All the comunication team is streaming regularly so you have a face asociated with the name that posts these changes…so it’s in the human mentality to protect the underdog….DE posts some amazing changes that make no sense and receive a few pages of hate,the people who are watching them on stream etc will automatically see them as the underdog.

A better example…in 2019 after the railjack had the worst launch ever followed by 6 month content draught, people were angry with Steve.What happened,a video showed up with all the content creators and De steve expresing how this hate hurt his feeling…. As a result all the player base changed overnight,althought he was indeed the reason.

Warframe now is 60% DE Team marketing 20% Overpromising and underdelivering and 20% content that people actually enjoy so no reason to hate the people trying to defend DE.

Archived