Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dev Workshop that Broke the Camels Back

Just now, (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk said:

You're all missing the point I was making. Here's what Rebecca said in the dev workshop. My interpretation of it, is she's referring to the last dev workshop when they had capped it at 3 status effects on October 18, 2019. I believe that's the correct date. And yes i know it didn't make it into the final build cuz everyone complained about it. Anyway here's what Rebecca said, "Condition Overload’s maximum value is being lowered. It’s been some time since we originally changed this Mod, and in this time we’ve decided we’re still not happy with the way this goes up against other Damage Mods (namely Primed Pressure Point). We’ve reduced this to 80% to make it almost as good as Primed Pressure Point, and 3 Status Types back to where it was originally. It remains true that even though the maximum potential damage is lower now, we think it is still an extremely powerful Mod in its latest iteration."

I am not missing anything. 

I know what you are referring to. 

I don't read what you read. There is nothing there about a cap. 

DE has long mentioned three stacks when talking about balancing PPP versus CO. There is no cap incoming, nor anything that could be interpreted as such. You scaring yourself into believing something that isn't there. 

8 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

I found a lot of it confusing.

When I've been reading the various threads and posts, it just starts piling on, the next guy asks what about rivens, what about archwing.

The 500 issues everyone is talking about, except the developers.

"Buff guns", turned into a giant grind fest, for "new" items, for EACH individual weapon through arcanes and mods. So no buff then?

I thought we were talking about actually doing something about the state and problems of guns, singleshot vs AOE, the damage types and all that. You know, the things the players actually talk about everyday... lol.

I don't feel like the developers fixing their own weapons, should require any work on my part and it should definitely include the whole community.

Then they add it to steel path, which makes me really, really confused, because if I am out here playing steel path with a lex prime, clearly, guns did not need a buff.

If the not-really-a-buff buff to guns was needed to play steel path, how can I play steel path, to get to that point? Guns work on steel path or no?

What about players that don't play steel path, they just don't matter at all, I guess?

The arbitration copy-pasted into helminth the same, just leaves me with a bunch of questions. Like, what the f is the point? lol, but again, is this really the priority right now? Out of everything on the players' mind, we had to have another status immunity, or an armor buff?

Then you have people who straight up re-grinded every frame in the whole game and put into helminth already, whom, can really just go f themselves?

Those people deserve their face on billboard outside DE's office, and the next 10 prime packs for free or something. Congressional medal of honor for their work.

Too bad for you, you were stupid enough to actually play the helminth system, you just waste your ability to earn on exp. Explain that mindset for me, the most loyal, dedicated players are spit in the face for their efforts.

Those are obviously the players you want to have in your game and protect your relationship with them, for the developers own sake.

Nah, you can go grind it out by spamming the same ability on something you don't need, because we aren't even adding content to support the third re-grind of helminth.

What?

Like, they are blaming us for their problems wanting to whip us into another marathon grind, only now so lazy they can't even add the content needed for the grind?

You now have to grind 10 steel essence for a VFX fix to the script. How much I have to grind to remap my controls? 5 steel essence?

I hope it's some kind of a sick joke on an intern or something, it's someone's birthday or something, is this real life? Maybe they had a death in the office, so they didn't even have time to check if the youtube videos were up.

I don't know what happened or when but this whole 'show contempt for the players by punishing them with the grind', just went to a whole new dimension of the twilight zone.

Don't know if the players are going to have to go on some apology tour and try to make amends or something, but it isn't going to hold up carrying on with how much they hate us.

You are 100% correct man, i would have gone on with what you're talking about in my original post but it was already too long. I completely agree, DE should have actually fixed the gun problem and not just stick a bandaid on it. Thanks for the thoughtful reply mate. 

12 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

I found a lot of it confusing.

When I've been reading the various threads and posts, it just starts piling on, the next guy asks what about rivens, what about archwing.

The 500 issues everyone is talking about, except the developers.

"Buff guns", turned into a giant grind fest, for "new" items, for EACH individual weapon through arcanes and mods. So no buff then?

I thought we were talking about actually doing something about the state and problems of guns, singleshot vs AOE, the damage types and all that. You know, the things the players actually talk about everyday... lol.

I don't feel like the developers fixing their own weapons, should require any work on my part and it should definitely include the whole community.

Then they add it to steel path, which makes me really, really confused, because if I am out here playing steel path with a lex prime, clearly, guns did not need a buff.

If the not-really-a-buff buff to guns was needed to play steel path, how can I play steel path, to get to that point? Guns work on steel path or no?

What about players that don't play steel path, they just don't matter at all, I guess?

The arbitration copy-pasted into helminth the same, just leaves me with a bunch of questions. Like, what the f is the point? lol, but again, is this really the priority right now? Out of everything on the players' mind, we had to have another status immunity, or an armor buff?

Then you have people who straight up re-grinded every frame in the whole game and put into helminth already, whom, can really just go f themselves?

Those people deserve their face on billboard outside DE's office, and the next 10 prime packs for free or something. Congressional medal of honor for their work.

Too bad for you, you were stupid enough to actually play the helminth system, you just waste your ability to earn on exp. Explain that mindset for me, the most loyal, dedicated players are spit in the face for their efforts.

Those are obviously the players you want to have in your game and protect your relationship with them, for the developers own sake.

Nah, you can go grind it out by spamming the same ability on something you don't need, because we aren't even adding content to support the third re-grind of helminth.

What?

Like, they are blaming us for their problems wanting to whip us into another marathon grind, only now so lazy they can't even add the content needed for the grind?

You now have to grind 10 steel essence for a VFX fix to the script. How much I have to grind to remap my controls? 5 steel essence?

I hope it's some kind of a sick joke on an intern or something, it's someone's birthday or something, is this real life? Maybe they had a death in the office, so they didn't even have time to check if the youtube videos were up.

I don't know what happened or when but this whole 'show contempt for the players by punishing them with the grind', just went to a whole new dimension of the twilight zone.

Don't know if the players are going to have to go on some apology tour and try to make amends or something, but it isn't going to hold up carrying on with how much they hate us.

It's no coincidence that Start Chart caps out at level 45 because that's when the math for the damage system breaks down.

Warframe is an 8 year old game and to keep players engaged, DE keeps moving the goal posts. 

Players chase new magnitudes of power to smash their faces against an exponentially scaling enemy wall.

The logic of, if this new gun/ mod isn't 2x better than the one I had before, there isn't a reason to grind, but on the other hand it makes previous time investments worthless.

The same conundrum that Hearthstone suffers from.

If DE truly wanted balance, what they need to do is simple.

They need to make the damage system simpler and cut out multiplier bloat.

A nerf to end all nerfs that may very well halve the player base, but the hardest of choices takes the strongest of wills.

1. Viral procs and Critical damage made additive with Base Damage. Dethrone the hybrid aristocrats who lord over their extra damage multipliers over the crit-pples.

2. Enemy armor doesn't scale. Bleed is no longer king. Gas and Electric rise to be viable AOE options for the AOE-incapables.

3. Flat +100% Critical Chance on headshots in place of a headshot multiplier. Allowing precision weapons to forego Critical Chance.

5 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I am not missing anything. 

I know what you are referring to. 

I don't read what you read. There is nothing there about a cap. 

DE has long mentioned three stacks when talking about balancing PPP versus CO. There is no cap incoming, nor anything that could be interpreted as such. You scaring yourself into believing something that isn't there. 

Then you completely fail at reading comprehension and context clues. I can't help you. Like i told Aldain, you interpret it one way, I another. You don't have any more information than i do. Rebecca's statement speaks for itself. We will see.

i mean think why are melee good 1  they have a combo counter and mods which scales with them . which make it good for sp 

2. it covers a long distance  bcs of it's range when u swing a sword it's not only for a enemy . 

So primary reason guns is not good  here bcs guns have bullet which do not cover wide area. Also there were no scaling now we have them which is good . 

but still lacking the second part covering a distance like spread so when u are shooting a enemy. Other will not kill you . 

nerfing melee mods so that people use other is a huge mistake.  Most came to play Warframe because we can slash like no other game and it's so satisfying not because we can shoot . we can shoot in any games .

So to sum it up 

no nerf melee . it is at a good position  i mean " ON KILL" and  that "red crits" easily do not exist for many melee's

make counter for primary new mods are a good start but unless u can spread the damage  say stagger it's of little use

and that arcane grind come on

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Surbusken:

This is something I have also been wondering about. For me, who is not interested in playing steel path, this update, as I interprete it for my own gameplay style (here I have to admit that I am one of those people who have trouble understanding changes from reading text only; I have to actively try things out ro understand, so this interpretation might be wronf), does nothing to make the balance of the game any more enjoyable. 

I mean, I am not angry that I won't get the mods, but it definitely does not make me want to use guns more either.

I have to agree with Jaxson. The direction DE is taking Warframe is ruining the experience. Right now I play WF because of the fear of missing out. Its not the enthralling experience I was originally exposed to.

AEther is right too. Nerfing melee is clearly because they won't (or can't) make guns good.

Spoiler

Off topic: I kind of wish Sony or EA purchased DE because I would like to see Warframe 2 come out instead. I've been playing Ghost Runner and if DE's aethestic skills were applied to a game that was well directed, it would be awesome.

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

That's the workshop, when it actually released in the game it didn't have it so it never was capped

Yes that is correct. I think the primary focus is that they were planning a super nerf. I don't dispute that they never implemented this change into an actual update. This is just part of the "paper trail".

"We’ve reduced this to 80% to make it almost as good as Primed Pressure Point, and 3 Status Types back to where it was originally." -The Arsenal Divide Workshop quote

This quote is ambiguous. There is no reference to the chart suggesting how many status types are required. There is little context to "where it was originally" is supposed to mean.

If Jaxson is wrong about the new Condition Overload being capped, I'll be happy. Other than that one specific point, I think they have provided an overall accurate sit-rep.

(Why has the conversation de-evolved into a shouting match over minutia?)

DE is sabotaging their franchise by not rewarding long-term and veteran players. I also agree that putting this new mod/arcane slot behind an artifical grind wall is a foolish mistake. Maybe if it was a single purchase, like the Helminth Segment, I wouldn't mind. But being forced to grind or buy a weapon exilus adaptor and a weapon arcane adaptor, for the sole purpose of making one gun less bad, is not incentive for me to continue playing or giving DE any more money.

We will have to see if DE makes a logical decision about the future of this game.

2 hours ago, (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk said:

Google it dude geezus its not my fault you don't know what you're talking about

It's quite ironic that you -being completely wrong and unable to recognize that you are wrong- ask for someone to Google things because they don't know what they are talking about when Google would prove you further wrong. DE did consider/think about adding a cap in the melee phase 2 workshop, but they never did. The Old Blood launched without said cap.

CO has never had a 3 status cap at any point since the mod's introduction.

12 hours ago, (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk said:

TL:DR- Community: Man i wish guns could be a viable option for Steel Path. DE: You're right community! Let's nerf the crap out of melee! Oh yeah and let's give them some mods and arcanes that don't adress the problem at all... And while we're at it, let's poop on all the vets again that mainly stick around for the one reward that's actually good, rivens, and let's make Steel Essence despawn after 5 minutes cuz those crafty lil buggers are staying in missions for a long time and using a tool for its actual intended purpose.

Let me start by saying I'm an MR30 with around 4k hours into the game. I've spent well over $1k usd over the years on Prime Accesses and various Packs. This by no means makes me an expert, but I can confidently say I understand the game and it's content, and by default DE in general, than the majority of newer players. I have white knighted for DE for years. I've taken up for them when a large number of players quite the game for some of the same reasons I'm about to go over. And quite frankly I'm done with it. This last dev workshop for sisters of parvos is the last straw. I can no longer in good faith stand up for such incompetency. Yes i know, harsh words, but it's the truth. The problem was that guns were not a good viable option for Steel Path. DE's fix is to nerf melee, and give us band-aid mods and arcanes. A recurring theme in the last few years.

They say attack speed was too high, you couldn't see and appreciate the animations. Does the berserker changes fix that? No. Which is fine by me, i think lowering it too much would be too detrimental to weapons with slower attack speeds. The on kill change, and lowering of the duration to 10 secs is a bit much imo also. Being able to seamlessly and quickly mow down enemies with your blade of choice is a favorite playstyle to a lot of WF players. Rebecca herself said that they would never nerf melee too much because of that very reason. 

The changes to Blood Rush and Condition Overload. Oh boy. Blood Rush gets a third of its cc potential removed. Why again? Because there's too many red crits? Wow ok. If you take a look at all the melee weapons, there's actually a small percentage that can red crit with only Blood Rush. Condition Overload changes. Big Yikes on this one. Damage reduced to 80% per status. Ok that's not bad, CO was already a really powerful mod. Oh and it's going back to only 3 status types. What? That's what's in the dev notes. Go check it out because a lot of people are missing this HUGE little point. DE tell us you hate endurance players without telling us you hate endurance players. You know, like a lot of your veteran players. The ones that have and potentially will spend the most money with you guys. 

The gun mods and arcanes all actually look pretty decent, except that the majority are ON KILL. And that it's JUST 126 more arcanes you need to farm.  Lol, oh DE, youz guyz with your sense of humor. IF THE GUNS AREN'T POWERFUL ENOUGH TO GET A KILL IN THE FIRST PLACE, HOW ARE THESE SUPPOSED TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM. The whole reason for ALL of these changes. So now all you've done is make the very few viable Steel Path ranged weapons more powerful, which is good. But have done nothing for the 95% of the other ranged weapons, which is bad. 

Now the things that upset me the most. The reasons why i just may have to move on to other games. 

We have to unlock the arcane slots, for every ranged weapon, with some kind of adapter from Teshin for 15 Steel Essence EACH. This blows my mind. You're basically punishing us for your ineptitude. These should be FREE, on every gun. Period. Full Stop.

And then the icing on the proverbial cake. Steel Essence will now despawn after 5 minutes. Yea you say you've increased acolyte spawn times. You said when acolytes were first implemented in SP that they would spawn every 5 mins. Which is not the case the vast majority of times. So i suspect this acolyte "buff", is to actually get them to that 5 min time. This despawn timer isnt for any other resource in the game, just SE. Why is it such a big issue that we spend an hour in a survival just on the chance we get a proc from our smeetas? Ah too much kuva. Yes we've gotten more ways to farm it. Are they good? No. It takes 3500 kuva for 1 roll. The sortie reward is 6000 kuva which I've always thought was hilarious. Floods and siphons give what, 1200-1800. And don't get me started on arbi's. So as you can see Steel Essence is the only viable kuva farm. Yes we actually do need 100k kuva for 2 hours in a survival when the VAST majority of riven rolls are garbage. + Faction damage + faction damage - 100% multishot, FANTASTIC, there went 3500 kuva. Rivens are what keep a lot of us Vets playing the game. And you've constantly crapped on them. Lowering the dispo to .5 on new weapons makes rivens worthless on those, and makes prime weapons irrelevant and worse off than their non-primed with a riven counterpart. What are you guys thinking? Seriously it seems like every new nerf hits vets harder than anyone else. Rivens are the only good reward, that can keep on rewarding, if the supply of kuva is good. Do i really want to spend an hour in a survival so i can just roll my riven 5 times? No. I don't. 

DE I really wish WF could be better. The community has great ideas that you only seem to partially listen to. You're community reps are THE BEST in the business, hands down. Rebecca, Megan, all of them deserve a huge raise. Your art work and level design and just the whole look of WF is phenomenal. The fluidity of movement and gun and sword play are for the most part top notch. But whoever makes the decisions for all these nerfs and buffs, you guys need a hand. Hire some new blood. I'm not saying fire everyone, just, idk, actually LISTEN to the community. I really do hope the best for you guys. But if WF stays on its current path, this Tenno can't walk it with you. 

Great analysis of these stupid nerfs, and remembering that we have a little chance of gaining very good attributes on rivens, no matter the riven dispo, so it doesn't matter if we get 100k+ of kuva because we can spend that or more without getting good rolls, they're going to completely ruin the farm, and will be a big problem, Rivens is the one that moves the real platinum in the game, but as aways there will be "players" here on forum who love to defend all this dumb ideas or other things on the game and they fell like owners of truth, in the video on youtube there are 3k of likes from people who don't even know what this nerfs mean, because if they know it, it will be the major part of dislikes, need more.

7 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

It's quite ironic that you, being completely wrong and unable to recognize that you are wrong, ask for someone to Google things because they don't know what they are talking about when Google would prove you further wrong. DE did consider/think about adding a cap in the melee phase 2 workshop, but they never did. The Old Blood launched without said cap.

CO has never had a 3 status cap at any point since the mod's introduction.

I was referring to that workshop, the same one i believe Rebecca is referring to in this dev workshop in the statement she made about the Condition Overload changes. But if you read thru the thread you would know we've already gone over that.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)xFelipeRage said:

Great analysisvof these stupid nerfs, and remembering that we have a little chance of gaining very good attributes on rivens, no matter the riven dispo, so it doesn't matter if we get 100k+ of kuva because we can spend that or more without getting good rolls, they're going to completely ruin the farm, and will be a big problem, Rivens is the one that moves the real platinum in the game, but as aways there will be "players" here on forum who love to defend all this dumb ideas or other things on the game and they fell like owners of truth, in the video on youtube there are 3k of likes from people who don't even know what this nerfs mean, b cause if they inow it, it will be the major part of dislikes, need more.

Exactly man lol, thanks for reading it all the way through, i really do appreciate it :)

7 minutes ago, (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk said:

I was referring to that workshop, the same one i believe Rebecca is referring to in this dev workshop in the statement she made about the Condition Overload changes. But if you read thru the thread you would know we've already gone over that.

Yes, and you never acknowledged you were wrong. You replied to other users, but not those who pointed out your hot-head stubborn reactions, and at best went from  "there was a cap" (Also here) to "I was referring to a suggestion they were considering".

In addition, no. You taking that Reb meant their original plans is still taking a leap when the math of her example adds up (240 at 3 vs 240 at 2). You can not take things back to were they originally were if they were never there to begin with.

15 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I have to agree with Jaxson. The direction DE is taking Warframe is ruining the experience. Right now I play WF because of the fear of missing out. Its not the enthralling experience I was originally exposed to.

AEther is right too. Nerfing melee is clearly because they won't (or can't) make guns good.

Reveal hidden contents

Off topic: I kind of wish Sony or EA purchased DE because I would like to see Warframe 2 come out instead. I've been playing Ghost Runner and if DE's aethestic skills were applied to a game that was well directed, it would be awesome.

Yes that is correct. I think the primary focus is that they were planning a super nerf. I don't dispute that they never implemented this change into an actual update. This is just part of the "paper trail".

This quote is ambiguous. There is no reference to the chart suggesting how many status types are required. There is little context to "where it was originally" is supposed to mean.

If Jaxson is wrong about the new Condition Overload being capped, I'll be happy. Other than that one specific point, I think they have provided an overall accurate sit-rep.

DE is sabotaging their franchise by not rewarding long-term and veteran players. I also agree that putting this new mod/arcane slot behind an artifical grind wall is a foolish mistake. Maybe if it was a single purchase, like the Helminth Segment, I wouldn't mind. But being forced to grind or buy a weapon exilus adaptor and a weapon arcane adaptor, for the sole purpose of making one gun less bad, is not incentive for me to continue playing or giving DE any more money.

We will have to see if DE makes a logical decision about the future of this game.

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts, and posting the October 2019 dev workshop notes. Honestly i hope i am wrong about CO. And i completely agree that DE is ruining its own game. I also hope they get enough backlash to see the light before actually implementing these changes. 

19 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with this entirely.

another thing to add onto this is when you're a Warframe vet and have devoted so much time and energy into this game wanting the best for it, then for DE to constantly spits on your time spent makes it hard to wanna stay in the game but makes it feel really bad if you quit because of how much energy one puts into the game.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk:

We have to unlock the arcane slots, for every ranged weapon, with some kind of adapter from Teshin for 15 Steel Essence EACH. This blows my mind. You're basically punishing us for your ineptitude. These should be FREE, on every gun. Period. Full Stop.

And then the icing on the proverbial cake. Steel Essence will now despawn after 5 minutes. Yea you say you've increased acolyte spawn times. You said when acolytes were first implemented in SP that they would spawn every 5 mins. Which is not the case the vast majority of times. So i suspect this acolyte "buff", is to actually get them to that 5 min time. This despawn timer isnt for any other resource in the game, just SE. Why is it such a big issue that we spend an hour in a survival just on the chance we get a proc from our smeetas? Ah too much kuva. Yes we've gotten more ways to farm it. Are they good? No. It takes 3500 kuva for 1 roll. The sortie reward is 6000 kuva which I've always thought was hilarious. Floods and siphons give what, 1200-1800. And don't get me started on arbi's. So as you can see Steel Essence is the only viable kuva farm. Yes we actually do need 100k kuva for 2 hours in a survival when the VAST majority of riven rolls are garbage. + Faction damage + faction damage - 100% multishot, FANTASTIC, there went 3500 kuva. Rivens are what keep a lot of us Vets playing the game. And you've constantly crapped on them. Lowering the dispo to .5 on new weapons makes rivens worthless on those, and makes prime weapons irrelevant and worse off than their non-primed with a riven counterpart. What are you guys thinking? Seriously it seems like every new nerf hits vets harder than anyone else. Rivens are the only good reward, that can keep on rewarding, if the supply of kuva is good. Do i really want to spend an hour in a survival so i can just roll my riven 5 times? No. I don't. 

DE I really wish WF could be better. The community has great ideas that you only seem to partially listen to. You're community reps are THE BEST in the business, hands down. Rebecca, Megan, all of them deserve a huge raise. Your art work and level design and just the whole look of WF is phenomenal. The fluidity of movement and gun and sword play are for the most part top notch. But whoever makes the decisions for all these nerfs and buffs, you guys need a hand. Hire some new blood. I'm not saying fire everyone, just, idk, actually LISTEN to the community. I really do hope the best for you guys. But if WF stays on its current path, this Tenno can't walk it with you. 

i liked that. important points of my opinion. and extremely many have been mr30 for a long time. content is actually completely missing here. and i can't take these sortie rewards seriously at all. 99% of them are ridiculous ........ You can get everything much faster or much easier in many other areas AND you can select a reward in a targeted manner!
every time i see sculpture or kuva ... then i think how stupid it is. even 1 forma is better although it is also a waste of time!

and rivens are too often a chewed topic. this is absolutely lousy content. that doesn't work at all and i don't know anyone who got a real advantage with riven mod. riven is pointless for good weapons. and bad weapons always have lousy performance with top riven. very stupid the whole thing!

there are also other construction sites. but for so long i hardly see any improvements in this area. and temp patch notes are hardly convincing.

3 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Yes, and you never acknowledged you were wrong. You replied to other users, but not those who pointed out your hot-head stubborn reactions, and at best went from  "there was a cap" to "I was referring to a suggestion they were considering".

In addition, no. You taking that Reb meant their original plans is still taking a leap when the math of her example adds up (240 at 3 vs 240 at 2). You can not take things back to were they originally were if they were never there to begin with.

I didn't say i was wrong because i wasn't, and how do you or anyone else have the right to tell me what i was writing about or thinking about lol. She clearly talks about the last time CO was changed in the sentence before saying the new changes. And that was when they capped it at 3. No it never did make it into the final game. But it was only changed because of so much backlash. 

14 minutes ago, (PSN)AEtherCrow said:

I agree with this entirely.

another thing to add onto this is when you're a Warframe vet and have devoted so much time and energy into this game wanting the best for it, then for DE to constantly spits on your time spent makes it hard to wanna stay in the game but makes it feel really bad if you quit because of how much energy one puts into the game.

And what about players like me, who think reigning in the more excessively powerful parts of our arsenal is for the best when it comes to the game's long-term health?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk:

The changes to Blood Rush and Condition Overload. Oh boy. Blood Rush gets a third of its cc potential removed. Why again? Because there's too many red crits? Wow ok. If you take a look at all the melee weapons, there's actually a small percentage that can red crit with only Blood Rush. Condition Overload changes. Big Yikes on this one. Damage reduced to 80% per status. Ok that's not bad, CO was already a really powerful mod. Oh and it's going back to only 3 status types. What? That's what's in the dev notes. Go check it out because a lot of people are missing this HUGE little point. DE tell us you hate endurance players without telling us you hate endurance players. You know, like a lot of your veteran players. The ones that have and potentially will spend the most money with you guys. 

The gun mods and arcanes all actually look pretty decent, except that the majority are ON KILL. And that it's JUST 126 more arcanes you need to farm.  Lol, oh DE, youz guyz with your sense of humor. IF THE GUNS AREN'T POWERFUL ENOUGH TO GET A KILL IN THE FIRST PLACE, HOW ARE THESE SUPPOSED TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM. The whole reason for ALL of these changes. So now all you've done is make the very few viable Steel Path ranged weapons more powerful, which is good. But have done nothing for the 95% of the other ranged weapons, which is bad.

Yes. that's crazy. but I want to see the live version and test heavy attacks from gun blades myself. because 2-3mil AOE crits on SP without combo points make every single target trash  weapon look old.

and the thing with arcanes collecting doesn't work at all outside of events. who is so crazy and will farm eidolons FOR YEARS? I go to work for 1 day and can buy lvl 5 top arcane with real cash! only then I ask myself whether 1-2 new top games would be better! because then I have first-class action for weeks or even months!
on kill is also a joke, of course. where is that supposed to be useful? for SP the damage is far too low and "ON HIT" has to be here! and then the damage must also scale sensibly! I weather we will have a little bit of scaling depending on similar mods.

2 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

Yes. that's crazy. but I want to see the live version and test heavy attacks from gun blades myself. because 2-3mil AOE crits on SP without combo points make every single target trash  weapon look old.

and the thing with arcanes collecting doesn't work at all outside of events. who is so crazy and will farm eidolons FOR YEARS? I go to work for 1 day and can buy lvl 5 top arcane with real cash! only then I ask myself whether 1-2 new top games would be better! because then I have first-class action for weeks or even months!
on kill is also a joke, of course. where is that supposed to be useful? for SP the damage is far too low and "ON HIT" has to be here! and then the damage must also scale sensibly! I weather we will have a little bit of scaling depending on similar mods.

Lol there were a lot of us farming eidolons for arcanes, but back then you only needed 10 for a full set when they were rank 3. But yea i agree there's a lot of problems with WF. DE just doesn't fix them. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk said:

i think lowering it too much would be too detrimental to weapons with slower attack speeds.

Hammer and Heavy Blade fans will likely feel the changes the most, thoguh there are several weapons with slow attacks speed, and many below 1, which is barely useable tbh. wouldn't be so bad if the raw damage per hit was increased enough, so you could have a choice: kill enemies with a quick flurry of blows or a single well-timed swing. 

IF THE GUNS AREN'T POWERFUL ENOUGH TO GET A KILL IN THE FIRST PLACE, HOW ARE THESE SUPPOSED TO ADDRESS THE PROBLEM.

use melee lol. by that I don't mean "just use melee instead of guns" as it is now, but use melee to soften enemeis up first and then finish the enemy off with guns: then you get your buff. there is even an arcane that synergizes with melee so this might well have been DE's intention. it's sort of like trying to keep switching weapons in games like DMC5 to keep your combo going. is it a good Idea in warframe though? I dunno, not in my opinion.

this irks me too. Zaws come with Arcane slots, Kitguns come with arcane slots, so why can't DE add the slots to all guns? then it's up to the player whether or not they actually use the slot, which they won't on a gun they don't want to use as much. this current method of needing to farm slots as well as Arcanes means that you may have to do a ton of farming if you like several weapons, before you can even begin arcane farming. we have what, over 600+ guns, Primary and secondary? god help anyone wanting to get a slot for them all, they'll be on the Steel Path forever. me personally, I'm probably just going to stick to prime weapons, and that still means making sure I have a spare slot ready to go for each future Prime weapon.

Steel Essence will now despawn after 5 minutes.

LOL. I didn't even know this was a thing (or is going to be a thing)

I'm not sure what DE has against Steel Essence farming, especially when they're greatly expanding the number of items that can be bought with Steel Essence, some of which are repeatable purchases (weekly Rivens, Kuva etc.), this resource already has a sink, just like Kuva does, so there's no reason to be stingy with it; it won't be stockpiled like everything else. and yeas, DE should be less stingy with Kuva, because again, it has a resource sink, it's infinitely usable, so you can give it out in higher quantities and people will still end up needing more, for the constant Riven Rolling loop, or in Steel Essence's case, the rotating stock of Teshin. giving it out in higher quantities will also make players feel more rewarded, even though their earnings will still only go so far.

Hire some new blood.

for years now, I've felt that DE needs to expand their team. I know they have a LOT of regular floor devs who are basically almost uncredited compared to the more well known faces of the company, like Reb, Steve and the rest of the Devstream regulars, but I feel like more people should be brought in at higher levels within the company, ideally people with a lot of experience form other game studios, who can than be taught Warframes design and overall style and provide a new perspective on it. 

of course, the downside is that these people will need to be paid, and given the condition of the videogame industry as far as job security goes, not many people tend to sign up anymore; but there has to be some people who are chomping at the bit to work on a game like warframe. if I knew anything about the intricacies of Game Design and could afford to move to Canada, I'd take a job at DE in a heartbeat; even when I was first told about warframe, I was told "yeah, the devs are pretty chill, they do streams where they mostly goof off!". perhaps DE can't expand for some reason, or they already are and we just don't know it, but either way, I do think they'd benefit from bringing more people in, at both low and high levels within the company. 

TLDR: I more or less agree with all OP's points, though I'm still going to be playing warframe for a long time, as the frustration hasn't outweighed the joy of the game yet. 

I agree with OP, the changes to berserker are dumb not making it stack with other speed mods i get but the overall changes to it are dumb, changing blood rush and CO won't make me use melee less so they are equally dumb changes.

Not be able to stack speed mods was the coming nerf they told us, they just want to end red cross that's all, i can already see an increase of use in stat sticks, khora and octavia being more popular, a game breaking abuse of the invigoration system, primary and secondary guns getting more used? yeah right, DE just made it worst.

Well.. i guess i'll do like everyone and cry about the workshop patchnote...

Man, i'm so sad i cant kill lvl 9999 enemies as fast as before with the melee nerf, i mean you can feel the difference can't you? i know i already put enough slash on them to kill them 10 time over and now i only proc enough slash to kill them 7 time over !

And aww man ! the gun buff are too little i mean i was expecting a mod that would give a 10m aoe slash on every bullet ! ( because that's the only way gun are gonna be better than melee be real guys)

------

anyway, i always said that melee sould do less dmg than gun on single target, the idea is to use the gun on hard to kill big enemies and melee on the rest, maybe make big enemies melee resistant ? but then people will cry because you need to look a what you'r doing ingame instead of single key bashing.

19 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Hammer and Heavy Blade fans will likely feel the changes the most, thoguh there are several weapons with slow attacks speed, and many below 1, which is barely useable tbh. wouldn't be so bad if the raw damage per hit was increased enough, so you could have a choice: kill enemies with a quick flurry of blows or a single well-timed swing. 

use melee lol. by that I don't mean "just use melee instead of guns" as it is now, but use melee to soften enemeis up first and then finish the enemy off with guns: then you get your buff. there is even an arcane that synergizes with melee so this might well have been DE's intention. it's sort of like trying to keep switching weapons in games like DMC5 to keep your combo going. is it a good Idea in warframe though? I dunno, not in my opinion.

this irks me too. Zaws come with Arcane slots, Kitguns come with arcane slots, so why can't DE add the slots to all guns? then it's up to the player whether or not they actually use the slot, which they won't on a gun they don't want to use as much. this current method of needing to farm slots as well as Arcanes means that you may have to do a ton of farming if you like several weapons, before you can even begin arcane farming. we have what, over 600+ guns, Primary and secondary? god help anyone wanting to get a slot for them all, they'll be on the Steel Path forever. me personally, I'm probably just going to stick to prime weapons, and that still means making sure I have a spare slot ready to go for each future Prime weapon.

LOL. I didn't even know this was a thing (or is going to be a thing)

I'm not sure what DE has against Steel Essence farming, especially when they're greatly expanding the number of items that can be bought with Steel Essence, some of which are repeatable purchases (weekly Rivens, Kuva etc.), this resource already has a sink, just like Kuva does, so there's no reason to be stingy with it; it won't be stockpiled like everything else. and yeas, DE should be less stingy with Kuva, because again, it has a resource sink, it's infinitely usable, so you can give it out in higher quantities and people will still end up needing more, for the constant Riven Rolling loop, or in Steel Essence's case, the rotating stock of Teshin. giving it out in higher quantities will also make players feel more rewarded, even though their earnings will still only go so far.

for years now, I've felt that DE needs to expand their team. I know they have a LOT of regular floor devs who are basically almost uncredited compared to the more well known faces of the company, like Reb, Steve and the rest of the Devstream regulars, but I feel like more people should be brought in at higher levels within the company, ideally people with a lot of experience form other game studios, who can than be taught Warframes design and overall style and provide a new perspective on it. 

of course, the downside is that these people will need to be paid, and given the condition of the videogame industry as far as job security goes, not many people tend to sign up anymore; but there has to be some people who are chomping at the bit to work on a game like warframe. if I knew anything about the intricacies of Game Design and could afford to move to Canada, I'd take a job at DE in a heartbeat; even when I was first told about warframe, I was told "yeah, the devs are pretty chill, they do streams where they mostly goof off!". perhaps DE can't expand for some reason, or they already are and we just don't know it, but either way, I do think they'd benefit from bringing more people in, at both low and high levels within the company. 

TLDR: I more or less agree with all OP's points, though I'm still going to be playing warframe for a long time, as the frustration hasn't outweighed the joy of the game yet. 

Thank you for your reply and actually reading my post, i really do appreciate it. And i obviously agree with most of what you've said. I'll probably still play too, but it's just disheartening to see some of these changes and the way they're being changed on a game i love. Oh and yea i know we can still use melee to soften a target but that's just a workaround lol, but i know what you mean, we've done plenty of workarounds before. 

Archived