Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dev Workshop that Broke the Camels Back

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PSN)AEtherCrow:

show me a clip of you killing a level 300 steel path enemy with less than 30 rounds of a clip in a gun, no melee no warframe abilities, go on I'm waiting.

new kitgun with max status should actually make it easily. even without forma. but I think it was lvl 150 or lvl 170 bombard. the armor is gone or almost gone anyway. only that is then a single target weapon with mele range. So that's not serious.

Just now, Aldain said:

Oh yeah, I fully agree with that, I just wish that DE would have taken a look at root causes as to why more nuanced issues like Rapid-fire weapons and semi-autos have trouble instead of making a bunch of "on kill" mods/arcanes that dance around the issue instead.

I have no doubts that what they've introduced will technically increase the "viable" pool, but it will also mostly just make the already strong things even stronger.

Of course I shouldn't be surprised, they made the "Impact to Slash proc" conversion mods that just...so don't solve the issue.

Even then there is the omni-present issue of Primaries and Secondaries having severe struggles with mod space too, which compounds with hilariously overpriced things like Metal Augur (seriously why are punch-through mods so damn expensive?) and a lack of good hybrid mods to make up for the space constraints.

Not too sure why I'm typing out all this, guess I'm just frustrated with DE (and some of the community) missing the point where the imbalances stem from more than anything.

I totally get what you are saying at the end, but especially on the bolded part, I just...

That was a "I can't even moment" when I saw that mod. 

Like, let's fix impact procs by... making them slash procs? It's worse than dancing around the issue, it's pretty much just straight giving up as far as I'm concerned. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

A lot of the most experienced vets don't bother. 

They could, but they don't, because they just don't think its fun. 

I've done long endurance runs back in the day to see if I could, but I have no desire to do them again lol. 

I remember the talks about Mot being the hot-spot for endurance runs before Steel Path came.

People did hours-long runs because they wanted a challenge?

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

That was a "I can't even moment" when I saw that mod. 

Like, let's fix impact procs by... making them slash procs? It's worse than dancing around the issue, it's pretty much just straight giving up as far as I'm concerned. 

I know right? Is there even a build that can make those...remotely work?

I know a few weapons have forced Impact procs, but I haven't seen anyone hash the math out to how powerful the Slash procs are supposed to be.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I remember the talks about Mot being the hot-spot for endurance runs before Steel Path came.

People did hours-long runs because they wanted a challenge?

For a challenge, to pass the time, to see if you can. 

For some people they will watch TV on the background, and do it with clanmates and have a chat at the same time. 

It's a really efficient way to farm a lot of resources at once, with the right boosters and loot frames too. You don't have to farm much for a long time after the right endurance run. 

But you can play the whole game without ever doing a long endurance, and DE has always begrudgingly allowed them, but never exactly encouraged people playing for several hours until enemies reach level 9999. 

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

For a challenge, to pass the time, to see if you can. 

For some people they will watch TV on the background, and do it with clanmates and have a chat at the same time. 

It's a really efficient way to farm a lot of resources at once, with the right boosters and loot frames too. You don't have to farm much for a long time after the right endurance run. 

But you can play the whole game without ever doing a long endurance, and DE has always begrudgingly allowed them, but never exactly encouraged people playing for several hours until enemies reach level 9999. 

Cool cool.

1 hour ago, -AncientWarrior- said:

And the parazon, oh dear .. hah enough said about that .. I really hope and pray that DE will put atleast a few moments into thinking this through because this certainly doesnt seem like they have at all .. I hope that we are all wrong and its totally different to what has been stated already.

The new Parazon changes with the interaction with Impact procs do have promise, but I don't expect players to use it unless....

download.png

Very angry OP flexing his time and money invested, writing walls of text about stuff that isn't even in the game yet, and pointlessly bickering with people who correct him? Looks like another regular Sunday at the General Discussion forums!

The best part is that all the things he's mad about look like excellent changes to me. Imagine having 4k+ hours in the game and still needing melee in its current ultramegabroken state as a crutch, or feeling like you're forced to exploit Smeeta buff manipulation to finance a crippling kuva addiction. He says he might move on to other games but we all know how that story ends - what chance does our friend have elsewhere if he thinks "guns aren't powerful enough to kill enemies" in this long-out-of-control power fantasy over here? He'll be eaten alive and spit out, only to crawl back to Warframe at the end.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb ebrl:

He says he might move on to other games but we all know how that story ends

no you don't know and speak for yourself. seriously ... if you knew what was going to happen in the future, you would play the lottery.
and that "we" sounds like schizophrenia. just like the people with heaps of voices in their heads.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PSN)SolarPhantom82:

yeah 90% buffs 10%, nerfs  .  they said....   , we got 90% nerfs   100% grind 

maybe this is referring to "no nerfs" for grind? grind is also buffed! 👍
it's really just about that. Player online statistics should increase and platinum sales should be constantly motivated.

but that's just theory. i don't sit in meeting rooms with them.

46 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

A lot of the most experienced vets don't bother. 

They could, but they don't, because they just don't think its fun. 

I've done long endurance runs back in the day to see if I could, but I have no desire to do them again lol. 

Endurance runs are done mostly by vets for the sole purpose of farming Steel Essence.

Just now, (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk said:

Endurance runs are done mostly by vets for the sole purpose of farming Steel Essence.

Before SE vets did them anyways for similar reasons. 

It's just an efficient way to grind a lot of any resources at once, especially if you grab a loot frame and boosters.

Some people just really don't enjoy it though. If I were in the right mood I might again someday, but for the most part I want to dip after 20-25 minutes in a single mission. 

33 minutes ago, ebrl said:

Very angry OP flexing his time and money invested, writing walls of text about stuff that isn't even in the game yet, and pointlessly bickering with people who correct him? Looks like another regular Sunday at the General Discussion forums!

The best part is that all the things he's mad about look like excellent changes to me. Imagine having 4k+ hours in the game and still needing melee in its current ultramegabroken state as a crutch, or feeling like you're forced to exploit Smeeta buff manipulation to finance a crippling kuva addiction. He says he might move on to other games but we all know how that story ends - what chance does our friend have elsewhere if he thinks "guns aren't powerful enough to kill enemies" in this long-out-of-control power fantasy over here? He'll be eaten alive and spit out, only to crawl back to Warframe at the end.

You obviously haven't been around long or gotten far enough in the game to where the vast majority of guns don't work. That was supposed to be the whole point of this "fix". You will also one day get tired of white knighting for incompetency and laziness, or maybe you won't. This post was aimed more towards DE themselves and people experienced enough to know what they're talking about. Not you and other guy that keeps saying "you just need the right build reee".

7 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Before SE vets did them anyways for similar reasons. 

It's just an efficient way to grind a lot of any resources at once, especially if you grab a loot frame and boosters.

Some people just really don't enjoy it though. If I were in the right mood I might again someday, but for the most part I want to dip after 20-25 minutes in a single mission. 

Yea i know i agree completely, it was just a response to the brain dead guy saying "No vets do endurance runs".

1 hour ago, (PSN)AEtherCrow said:

show me a clip of you killing a level 300 steel path enemy with less than 30 rounds of a clip in a gun, no melee no warframe abilities, go on I'm waiting.

By that logic you might as well say guns are bad because they can't kill level 9999 enemies in less than 30 rounds of a clip.

You're not helping your argument if you must present an extreme example 95% of the playerbase won't ever encounter.

26 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

So um OP, why exactly do you need to make a thread to leave a game? Do you make a thread for each game you leave? 

When I one day decide to leave the game.... I'm just gonna leave without needing to post about it.

Crazy huh?

Try actually reading it lol. Is that your thing? Just looking at a title and posting nonsensical replies? 

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

By that logic you might as well say guns are bad because they can't kill level 9999 enemies in less than 30 rounds of a clip.

You're not helping your argument if you must present an extreme example 95% of the playerbase won't ever encounter.

I'm pretty sure 95% is a bit on the extreme side, don't you think?

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

IDK... when it comes to players facing level 300+ enemies on SP, I think 5% is pretty generous. 

Weird, maybe you should join a better clan or alliance. There's a lot of people that enjoy harder content. You don't get tired of one shotting enemies on the regular star chart? Or you just don't go very long in sp missions? Lvl 300 comes up pretty quick in sp disruption. If you're the guy that said you only do 20-25 mins in a survival disregard those questions. I can't remember if that was you or not. 

Weird, maybe you should join a better clan or alliance. There's a lot of people that enjoy harder content. You don't get tired of one shotting enemies on the regular star chart? Or you just don't go very long in sp missions? Lvl 300 comes up pretty quick in sp disruption. If you're the guy that said you only do 20-25 mins in a survival disregard those questions. I can't remember if that was you or not. 

Ah yeah that's me, I know it can be hard to follow threads this long. 

Yeah I can do them, even solo, I just don't enjoy it that much.

I may want to again if I ever get in the right mood, especially for resources. 

And on that same note, do you think DE would be doing these buffs if it were only 5% of the player base? I seriously doubt they would.

Well, I'm talking more about people doing SE endurance runs, sorry if that isn't clear, not just regular SP missions non-endurance, which seems to be what they are focusing on. 

I have no stats, so I could be totally wrong and talking out of my butt, but I don't think there are that many people doing the SP for hours at a time. People doing it in general? Probably a lot of the playerbase though, as many newbie-ish players are finishing the solar map, and when they are still wet behind the ears, at least looking for advice on SP. So I'm sure the people just playing it regularly is a lot. 

Archived