Syndicate Emblem

Norburito

I've come to the conclusion that a lot of syndicate sigils ruin the looks on my frame. How much they hurt its looks varies from the sigil and how it responds to different colorization but it's messing with my eyes for sure. Having it be as a shoulder pad projection like the Stratos Emblem is would make it much easier to style so it fits the frame and doesn't hurt fashionframing, which I've learned is a big part of the game. 

There might be some way of combating this without making an emblem version that I'm not aware of; but if there isn't, this might be a good idea to fix that.

Thats why there are the Size and Transparency bars in the Sigil editing screen so you can either scale it down to not take up so much space or just completely hide it to not ruin your frame's aesthetics.

But yeah, it would be interesting if you also had the Emblems for each Syndicate hand have the symbol on it change based on the highest rank Sigil you have purchased.

10 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Thats why there are the Size and Transparency bars in the Sigil editing screen so you can either scale it down to not take up so much space or just completely hide it to not ruin your frame's aesthetics.

But yeah, it would be interesting if you also had the Emblems for each Syndicate hand have the symbol on it change based on the highest rank Sigil you have purchased.

I'm aware of the transparency and the size adjustment, it's not always enough to completely hide them though. :/

On 2021-06-21 at 12:18 AM, Norburito said:

I'm aware of the transparency and the size adjustment, it's not always enough to completely hide them though. :/

That's a fair point, I've even noticed that if you lower the transparency when you walk into a dark corridor (Like one of the hallways of the Orbiter), the Sigil suddenly brightens back up regardless of how transparent it was supposed to be.

I don't know if all Sigils do that, or if it's just the Syndicate / some event Sigils however; But I'm curious if that's a long-standing bug with them.

Some sigils have a metalic and/or shiney texture that are visible regardless of the alpha/transparency, Steel Meridian specifically. While others use a forced energy colour on the outline or animation, like Loka, Perrin, and Suda.

The only sigils that outright vanish are from Hexis and Red Veil.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

the Sigil suddenly brightens back up regardless of how transparent it was supposed to be.

Yes. And another place this happens when we click on Navigation and our warframe is facing the camera. (However at the time of writing I can only confirm this with the Static Reactor Prime sigil.)

On 2021-06-20 at 4:49 PM, Norburito said:

sigils ruin the looks on my frame.

If I don't want to see a sigil on my fashion, I'll put them on the back, make them tiny, and hide them behind a backpack (syandana). Some of the sigils can really complement the frames with asymetrical designs. Symetry or not, if I put a sigil on the front, I feel like a lot of fashion can be achived by rotating and warping the image.

On 2021-06-20 at 4:49 PM, Norburito said:

Having it be as a shoulder pad projection

Good idea. I'd probably use it.

6 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Some sigils have a metalic and/or shiney texture that are visible regardless of the alpha/transparency, Steel Meridian specifically. While others use a forced energy colour on the outline or animation, like Loka, Perrin, and Suda.

The only sigils that outright vanish are from Hexis and Red Veil.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

the Sigil suddenly brightens back up regardless of how transparent it was supposed to be.

Yes. And another place this happens when we click on Navigation and our warframe is facing the camera. (However at the time of writing I can only confirm this with the Static Reactor Prime sigil.)

Hm, that's good to know. It does make some sense actually, because I've been using the Champion Sigil from SM for a long time now (Mainly to make sure I can always get some standing while working on various goals). I haven't put a non-Syndicate Sigil on a Frame's back in a long time, but I have been using the Empyrean Sigil on the front of most Frames, which doesn't appear to light up in the dark.

I'll need to test it when I can, but I think I recall the Empyrean Sigil changing in some way (Not to a different color); Becoming either brighter, or lighting up differently (Like how it looks with default customization?) when accessing Navigation. Not sure what the word is off the top of my head.

Standing gains should be de-coupled from Fashionframe (as has in fact already been done for the Conclave Sigils, ages ago).

Simply make it a choice in the Syndicate screen / Arsenal / wherever, as to which Syndicate you're currently supporting
(and make Syndicate missions automatically, and temporarily, switch you to that particular Syndicate),
let us use all those Sigils freely rather than most of them gathering dust, forever unused.

Like, at most, tie the amount of Sigils you own for a Syndicate to how much bonus % you gain.
Each Syndicate offers ten (!) Sigils beyond the base one, make each of those give +1.5% to match the current +15% max
(or even up it to, say, +2% each, to reward the in total higher "necessary" investment of Standing).

Adding Syndicate Emblems I can get behind, as long as they are likewise purely cosmetic.

Archived